Ken Kaneki vs Jellal Fernandes vs Guts | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Ken Kaneki vs Jellal Fernandes vs Guts

Who wins?

• Ken Kaneki

• Jellal Fernandes

• Guts

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Guts hands down. He's been through a lot of messed up shit, and literally pretty much the whole world is against him. His beloved Casca ravaged and tortured, suffering memory loss, and now with the mentality of a child she comes to dislike him, to say the least, exactly because of your 'reasoning' above after seeing the gore on his face.

Yet he still fights clinging to that tiny shard of hope, a slither of chance in curing her. As one of his travel companions (who possibly shows romantic interest in him) phrases it, he puts his life on the line (literally every day and night) for Casca's sake, and for her sake he's injured time and time again, his whole body now covered in scars. Hardly ever does he catch a breather.

He could have easily let it go right from the beginning,. The world rejects him, nobody wants him near. But he fights on, because who would protect Casca if not him? There are few manga panels more heart-wrenching than instances of him shifting gaze onto Casca. Though times are difficult, you can tell there is so much going through his mind every time he looks at her. Maybe she reminds him of their past, of all the things they've been through, and because they were each other's first. There are probably 500 different emotions all mixed up in his eyes, but one thing for certain and will never change is that, these are the eyes saying "I want you to be happy." The fact he laments on the advice "What you want might not be what she wants" (referring to her regaining her memories) suggests that he might very well be willing to carry the painful memories alone for the rest of his life, if it meant Casca wouldn't have to go through the emotional trauma again. This isn't a burden you can carry with selfish emotions alone, vengeance and whatnot.

He's fighting against destiny, the very thing that dictates the causality of the world, and despite this, despite the fact a lot of people see him as a monster, something that shouldn't belong in this world, there is more compassion and sympathy in him than most other characters in the series. He is also a very prominent father figure to multiple child characters throughout. The kids look up to him, respect him, and love him for who he is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kaneki turns SSJ3 after receiving a word of encouragement or two from him. There is no doubt if Guts were the father figure to him instead of Arima, things would still turn out fine and dandy, with Kaneki growing equally into an upstanding adult.

lakhan220

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
It will be KEN KANEKI for me......One of my favorite characters after all...Know him well through TG......

As his fan of both sides to him, I would want him to move forward. :):)

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Guts hands down. He's been through a lot of messed up shit, and literally pretty much the whole world is against him. His beloved Casca ravaged and tortured, suffering memory loss, and now with the mentality of a child she comes to dislike him, to say the least, exactly because of your 'reasoning' above after seeing the gore on his face.

Yet he still fights clinging to that tiny shard of hope, a slither of chance in curing her. As one of his travel companions (who possibly shows romantic interest in him) phrases it, he puts his life on the line (literally every day and night) for Casca's sake, and for her sake he's injured time and time again, his whole body now covered in scars. Hardly ever does he catch a breather.

He could have easily let it go right from the beginning,. The world rejects him, nobody wants him near. But he fights on, because who would protect Casca if not him? There are few manga panels more heart-wrenching than instances of him shifting gaze onto Casca. Though times are difficult, you can tell there is so much going through his mind every time he looks at her. Maybe she reminds him of their past, of all the things they've been through, and because they were each other's first. There are probably 500 different emotions all mixed up in his eyes, but one thing for certain and will never change is that, these are the eyes saying "I want you to be happy." The fact he laments on the advice "What you want might not be what she wants" (referring to her regaining her memories) suggests that he might very well be willing to carry the painful memories alone for the rest of his life, if it meant Casca wouldn't have to go through the emotional trauma again. This isn't a burden you can carry with selfish emotions alone, vengeance and whatnot.

He's fighting against destiny, the very thing that dictates the causality of the world, and despite this, despite the fact a lot of people see him as a monster, something that shouldn't belong in this world, there is more compassion and sympathy in him than most other characters in the series. He is also a very prominent father figure to multiple child characters throughout. The kids look up to him, respect him, and love him for who he is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kaneki turns SSJ3 after receiving a word of encouragement or two from him. There is no doubt if Guts were the father figure to him instead of Arima, things would still turn out fine and dandy, with Kaneki growing equally into an upstanding adult.
Can't give more likes... fuuuuuuck

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Ken is one my favourite characters even though i will vote for Jellal.Jellal seems like a better husbando.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ken is one my favourite characters even though i will vote for Jellal.Jellal seems like a better husbando.
Jellal is bland :/
He's been sidelined for most of the series after his insane rush for world destruction or whatever, and in all this time he's gotten screw all development

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
A little bit surprised here that some people talk about brutality, creepiness and/or ruthlessness regarding these three characters, but especially regarding Guts. I didn't read Berserk, but my guess is that all three of these candidates are no saints (though Jellal was one of the Wizard Saints but let's forget about this for a moment). But anyone who read a couple of Demonspeed's post should know that he doesn't nominate for no reason, thus making Guts a legit participant for this event. Just my two cents. Have fun.

Jellal gets rolfstomped here, lol.

GreenGan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Hum, Ken or Guts... I'll pick ken because he matches more the "husbando" definition to me. Jellal is too nice, it's boring.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm voting for Kaneki because i got blackmailed by Dragon-Chan.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So we've got a burly bloke who walks around with a sword, Kaneki who can make a decent coffee and then we have mr harem himself, Jellal. Kaneki seems to have the most husbando qualities, but my Fairy Tail bias demands I vote for Jellal.

Reactions: syx

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gutz got my vote, badass than both combined and has those manly charms.

Jellal is too bland tbh. He seems more waifu material, considering Erza wears the pants in the relationship.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I'd have taken erza more seriously than jamal

Reactions: syx

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
This is more like a final than the first round.

Anyway, Guts gets my vote. I like his character better.

Matal would've beaten all 3 of them easily tho :hmph

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, good points gaise! <_>

But Jellal gets my vote because any occasion to make Jerza relevant makes me pour salt on the competition.

That said, I don't know Kaneki as a character but all points to vote for Guts are in Demon and Utsune's posts.

GreenGan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
It reminds me how girls like to reject boys with "You are too nice for me" reason:fan

I am interested with Ken Kaneki, I want to know why is he so famous. I'll read few chapters of TG first
Lol yes, a husbando has to be badass to me. Not that Jellal isn't badass, but well he's way less than the other two imo. That's why I'm rooting for Gray as husbando n°1 ;).
I've begun to read Tokyo Ghoul because I heard the music of the anime, and thought it was very good. So I told myself let's try it, and I think I never read an other manga that fast (well, maybe Berserk...) Get prepared for a lot of character evolution! The Kaneki you discover when you read chapter 1 isn't exactly husbando material xD.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Lol yes, a husbando has to be badass to me. Not that Jellal isn't badass, but well he's way less than the other two imo. That's why I'm rooting for Gray as husbando n°1 ;).
I've begun to read Tokyo Ghoul because I heard the music of the anime, and thought it was very good. So I told myself let's try it, and I think I never read an other manga that fast (well, maybe Berserk...) Get prepared for a lot of character evolution! The Kaneki you discover when you read chapter 1 isn't exactly husbando material xD.
That's the beauty of his character though. Kaneki has actually developed, unlike many other characters. You get to see his life progress through its different stages and watch him turn into a total badass, then a caring big brother to his squad and everyone around him, back to a badass, to an even scarier badass, and now to a totally sane, caring badass :nod

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This comment confuses me immensely. What exactly do you mean? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.