Shounen - Kengan Ashura/Omega | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kengan Ashura/Omega

LaserBeam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Man, the bonus chapter at the end of each volume featuring the panel extras is so good. It shows a side to the characters and how they act when they're not fighting and in a series like this in which pretty much they are always fighting, these extra bonus chapters feel like a breath of fresh air. It adds so much to their overall characters :XD

Btw, up to chapter 189. I've finished Hayami's coup d'etat, as well as the first match of the third round. Hayami played his cards the best he could pretty much, but that Metsudo and Nogi combo was too strong. Though, if he had felt the need, Metsudo alone could have taken care of it. I really loved how this for him was more of test for Nogi than anything else, lol. It seems Ohma still hadn't recovered his full strength, but now he has recovered it fully. I wonder who is that "Worm" guy they're talking about. He definitely seems to be really broken if his subordinates are this strong already, and considering we don't know next no nothing of him besides that he was the one who taught Ohma the advance, he smells like endgame material.

And as expected Imai lost in the third round, though he put one hell of a fight, even more so considering his condition (Ohma was pretty damn fucked up too to be fair). He's probably one of the characters of this series that has gotten the most development. I didn't think he would make it this far. but seeing how things have gone, I'm really glad he made it. Also one of my favourite characters.

Now, onto Takeshi vs Niggateba the Fashion Genocider. I'll keep reading.
niggateba lol yeahs hayami was outsmarted by nogi and katahara

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
niggateba lol yeahs hayami was outsmarted by nogi and katahara
Haha, now I've just finished the third round. I liked how Muteba forfeited the match before the possibility of him not being able to continue his career as a mercenary could come true. He's really one of the most logical dudes in this tournament. He turned out to be surprisingly mentally saner than I thought, lol.

Sasuke and his boners were really strong, but the power of the beard still reigns supreme. Gensai has barely broken a sweat even though all the guys he has fought so far are top-class fighters. I hope he starts struggling seriously against this new evolved Fang that basically rekt peak Hatsumi.

Btw, I felt kinda disappointed in Hatsumi. All that hype about his peak only to then basically get rekt. I mean, I knew the Fang evolved as a fighter and got stronger, but still, I was expecting a slightly closer match.

Tomorrow I'll probably get very close to finishing this first series. Depending on how the things go, I may finish it (if the hype is too much to handle, which is what I think will most likely happen lol). What can I say? I have some little nit-picks here and there, but honestly, it's pretty damn great. This is probably one of the best, if not the best tournament arc I've ever seen in a manga when it comes to fights. I've heard and seen that the anime is done with CGI for the most part. Not too much of a fan of the CGI, but tbh, I think these kinds of action mangas are incredibly hard to adapt. The number of frames you have to do for basically each episode must be astounding, so it's kinda understandable.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Haha, now I've just finished the third round. I liked how Muteba forfeited the match before the possibility of him not being able to continue his career as a mercenary could come true. He's really one of the most logical dudes in this tournament. He turned out to be surprisingly mentally saner than I thought, lol.

Sasuke and his boners were really strong, but the power of the beard still reigns supreme. Gensai has barely broken a sweat even though all the guys he has fought so far are top-class fighters. I hope he starts struggling seriously against this new evolved Fang that basically rekt peak Hatsumi.

Btw, I felt kinda disappointed in Hatsumi. All that hype about his peak only to then basically get rekt. I mean, I knew the Fang evolved as a fighter and got stronger, but still, I was expecting a slightly closer match.

Tomorrow I'll probably get very close to finishing this first series. Depending on how the things go, I may finish it (if the hype is too much to handle, which is what I think will most likely happen lol). What can I say? I have some little nit-picks here and there, but honestly, it's pretty damn great. This is probably one of the best, if not the best tournament arc I've ever seen in a manga when it comes to fights. I've heard and seen that the anime is done with CGI for the most part. Not too much of a fan of the CGI, but tbh, I think these kinds of action mangas are incredibly hard to adapt. The number of frames you have to do for basically each episode must be astounding, so it's kinda understandable.
Well the fang went to train with omari who is a retired fang and kataharas right hand man after the fight against gaolang so katsumi is unlucky because agito fixed his issues that's why agito defeated hatsumi a lot easier by not allowing hatsumi to gain distance and aggressively stay close to him.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok, so I just finished the series and wow...

- We learned more about the Niko style and its origins. There are some questions that still need to be answered (mainly what was the true goal of that guy who called himself the real Niko, as well as the so-called "Tiger's vessel" and these mysterious dudes in the end), but I guess this is done on purpose to set up the sequel. The fight with Setsuna was really good. It was really nice to see how much Ohma has changed as a character since the start of the series and the depths of Setsuna's craziness. Really interested to know where Setsuna is now.

- Ohma vs Wakatsuki: A short but intense fight. Both fighters were already in pretty bad shape, so it was to be expected too. I really liked how Wakatsuki's defeat wasn't even shown on panel.

- Agito vs Kuroki: And.... the crazy psycho went down against the power of the beard. Honestly, this outcome would have really surprised me if I hadn't seen what this man Kuroki could do. I noticed how Agito started saying "I" instead of "We" at the end of the fight. Beard hit him so hard he killed his split personalities lol. Jokes aside, this fight was probably among my top 5 of the whole series. Really liked how Agito switched between his martial arts and formless style, but that still wasn't enough to put his opponent down.

- Tokita vs Kuroki: Another fight that makes it to the top 5 of the series probably. Wasn't expecting Ohma to lose. I thought his plot armour as the MC would make him the winner. Really glad it wasn't the case. This outcome made far more sense. The art and the fighting sequence were godly too in this fight, and that's really saying something considering pretty much all the fights of this series are really good.

Those fights were all absolutely fire, especially the last two ones, but then it came. If Ohma's defeat was really unexpected for me, you can only imagine my face after seeing him die. I mean, I knew that it was highlighted more than once that the Advance would eventually kill him, but I didn't expect the author to actually have the balls to kill him. Not gonna lie, it was a really great ending and I got a little bit depressed too. I really liked Ohma as an MC and his death being kinda unexpected for me didn't help at all :emobirb

There are not that many series that I've read/watched until now that can make me feel this way. Honestly, I wouldn't give this series anything less than a 9/10. The art, the choreography of each fight, the uniqueness of each character as well as some of their developments. Having so many characters and being able to handle them all in a satisfactory manner for the most part is not something that everybody can do. There were some really interesting twists and the outcome of some fights were really unexpected, which helped you be even more interested in the series. The story is pretty simple and straightforward, but it's executed incredibly well. One doesn't necessarily always need a super complex storyline. What truly matters IMO is the execution you make, and considering it was a manga centred around fights, the plot was more than good enough.

I've only got two grips with this series, and they're not that big of a deal compared to the good things that have been done overall:

1. The recovery rate of pretty much any character that has been injured in a fight. I get that they're supposed to be superhuman, but still, they don't make any sense. Take Cosmo for example. The injuries he sustained in his second fight against Akoya were actually ridiculous. One could argue that it was a miracle that someone of his constitution could still be alive after all of that, but the dude actually recovers most of his strength in two days if I recall correctly. Two days! And Cosmo isn't the only example of this, but I thought his case was particularly ridiculous even among the others. If I had been the author, I would have probably extended the recovery time considerably to make this seem a little bit more realistic. There's also the fact that some characters are able to survive and tank things that are a little bit questionable, to say the least.

2. Some things about the characters don't make much sense or are ridiculous. For example, Saw Paing's head being able to resist hammer blows in the age of five from one muscle monster dude is ridiculous. There are others like for example a baby walking after 10 days of being born. I understand it's more for creating hype than anything, but still...

Overall, I would say this is a really great piece of work. Really good at what it's centred. Now, I'll go to read Kengan Omega. Not after a short break though, I need to digest this whole arc and this finale that, even though it had some flaws here and there, was still really great, beastly and enjoyable. Very fun ride. I had a lot of different emotions while reading it, and that's not something that a lot of series can manage IMO, since I've seen so much different things in both anime and manga that it's hard to get really surprised for me, but this series has managed it and quite frankly, it has exceeded my expectations. This is most likely the best tournament related to fights of any anime/manga that I've seen. It's hard for me to think of another series that compares or surpasses it right now.

Last edited:

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Ok, so I just finished the series and wow...

- We learned more about the Niko style and its origins. There are some questions that still need to be answered (mainly what was the true goal of that guy who called himself the real Niko, as well as the so-called "Tiger's vessel" and these mysterious dudes in the end), but I guess this is done on purpose to set up the sequel. The fight with Setsuna was really good. It was really nice to see how much Ohma has changed as a character since the start of the series and the depths of Setsuna's craziness. Really interested to know where Setsuna is now.

- Ohma vs Wakatsuki: A short but intense fight. Both fighters were already in pretty bad shape, so it was to be expected too. I really liked how Wakatsuki's defeat wasn't even shown on panel.

- Agito vs Kuroki: And.... the crazy psycho went down against the power of the beard. Honestly, this outcome would have really surprised me if I hadn't seen what this man Kuroki could do. I noticed how Agito started saying "I" instead of "We" at the end of the fight. Beard hit him so hard he killed his split personalities lol. Jokes aside, this fight was probably among my top 5 of the whole series. Really liked how Agito switched between his martial arts and formless style, but that still wasn't enough to put his opponent down.

- Tokita vs Kuroki: Another fight that makes it to the top 5 of the series probably. Wasn't expecting Ohma to lose. I thought his plot armour as the MC would make him the winner. Really glad it wasn't the case. This outcome made far more sense. The art and the fighting sequence were godly too in this fight, and that's really saying something considering pretty much all the fights of this series are really good.

Those fights were all absolutely fire, especially the last two ones, but then it came. If Ohma's defeat was really unexpected for me, you can only imagine my face after seeing him die. I mean, I knew that it was highlighted more than once that the Advance would eventually kill him, but I didn't expect the author to actually have the balls to kill him. Not gonna lie, it was a really great ending and I got a little bit depressed too. I really liked Ohma as an MC and his death being kinda unexpected for me didn't help at all :emobirb

There are not that many series that I've read/watched until now that can make me feel this way. Honestly, I wouldn't give this series anything less than a 9/10. The art, the choreography of each fight, the uniqueness of each character as well as some of their developments. Having so many characters and being able to handle them all in a satisfactory manner for the most part is not something that everybody can do. There were some really interesting twists and the outcome of some fights were really unexpected, which helped you be even more interested in the series. The story is pretty simple and straightforward, but it's executed incredibly well. One doesn't necessarily always need a super complex storyline. What truly matters IMO is the execution you make, and considering it was a manga centred around fights, the plot was more than good enough.

I've only got two grips with this series, and they're not that big of a deal compared to the good things that have been done overall:

1. The recovery rate of pretty much any character that has been injured in a fight. I get that they're supposed to be superhuman, but still, they don't make any sense. Take Cosmo for example. The injuries he sustained in his second fight against Akoya were actually ridiculous. One could argue that it was a miracle that someone of his constitution could still be alive after all of that, but the dude actually recovers most of his strength in two days if I recall correctly. Two days! And Cosmo isn't the only example of this, but I thought his case was particularly ridiculous even among the others. If I had been the author, I would have probably extended the recovery time considerably to make this seem a little bit more realistic. There's also the fact that some characters are able to survive and tank things that are a little bit questionable, to say the least.

2. Some things about the characters don't make much sense or are ridiculous. For example, Saw Paing's head being able to resist hammer blows in the age of five from one muscle monster dude is ridiculous. There are others like for example a baby walking after 10 days of being born. I understand it's more for creating hype than anything, but still...

Overall, I would say this is a really great piece of work. Really good at what it's centred. Now, I'll go to read Kengan Omega. Not after a short break though, I need to digest this whole arc and this finale that, even though it had some flaws here and there, was still really great, beastly and enjoyable. Very fun ride. I had a lot of different emotions while reading it, and that's not something that a lot of series can manage IMO, since I've seen so much different things in both anime and manga that it's hard to get really surprised for me, but this series has managed it and quite frankly, it has exceeded my expectations. This is most likely the best tournament related to fights of any anime/manga that I've seen. It's hard for me to think of another series that compares or surpasses it right now.
You could read the
Kengan Asura Zero (contains prequel extra of kengan ashura)

before going to kengan omega read asura zero it contains backstory about metsudo kure erioh , hassad, cosmos imai and wakatsuki if i remember well.

by the way kengan omega is still on going on a weekly basis.

Anyway i hope more guys will reads this so we can have more participation i suggested this to some people from nnt forum but so far you are the only one who have notified me you have finished reading the series.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
You could read the
Kengan Asura Zero (contains prequel extra of kengan ashura)

before going to kengan omega read asura zero it contains backstory about metsudo kure erioh , hassad, cosmos imai and wakatsuki if i remember well.

by the way kengan omega is still on going on a weekly basis.

Anyway i hope more guys will reads this so we can have more participation i suggested this to some people from nnt forum but so far you are the only one who have notified me you have finished reading the series.
Oh really? More backstory for the characters is always well appreciated and I'm glad the sequel is still going.

I've posted a comment in the Shuumatsu no Valkyrie subsection about this series to see if someone was actually interested, since both series are tournament-like. So far, nobody has showed signs of being interested but hopefully this changes. It would be really nice to have more than two people here discussing, since this feels kind of solitary to some extent :XD

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Oh really? More backstory for the characters is always well appreciated and I'm glad the sequel is still going.

I've posted a comment in the Shuumatsu no Valkyrie subsection about this series to see if someone was actually interested, since both series are tournament-like. So far, nobody has showed signs of being interested but hopefully this changes. It would be really nice to have more than two people here discussing, since this feels kind of solitary to some extent :XD
I agree
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah it contains more backstories about some of the characters
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Ah yes i totally forgot did you liked the whole inside ? so many foreshadowing and builing up even ohma's surname was a name he took from the place where he lived the whole story behind the nico style hell even nico and ohma flashbacks.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ah yes i totally forgot did you liked the whole inside ? so many foreshadowing and builing up even ohma's surname was a name he took from the place where he lived the whole story behind the nico style hell even nico and ohma flashbacks.
Yeah, really enjoyed the whole backstory. The author really put quite the effort there with the number of details and foreshadowing. I really liked Ohma's training and his relationship with his master too. Everything was pretty damn well done, IMO.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yeah, really enjoyed the whole backstory. The author really put quite the effort there with the number of details and foreshadowing. I really liked Ohma's training and his relationship with his master too. Everything was pretty damn well done, IMO.
What was particulary interesting in the whole thing in yamashita and ohma bondship was that yamashita always wanted to be a fighter but he failed due to him been weak and later quiting and later on going into reality and join the whole system

During the whole tournament yamashita just said that he saw in ohma himself so in during the whole story both were furfilling each side's they left like yamashit'as abandoned dream of been a fighter and fight like he wanted but couldn't also through the challenge to communicate with ohma
he find a way to deal the situation with his family and reconnect with his sons as also making his entire life better in general.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
What was particulary interesting in the whole thing in yamashita and ohma bondship was that yamashita always wanted to be a fighter but he failed due to him been weak and later quiting and later on going into reality and join the whole system

During the whole tournament yamashita just said that he saw in ohma himself so in during the whole story both were furfilling each side's they left like yamashit'as abandoned dream of been a fighter and fight like he wanted but couldn't also through the challenge to communicate with ohma
he find a way to deal the situation with his family and reconnect with his sons as also making his entire life better in general.
Yeah, the whole thing turned out to be way deeper than what I expected. Ohma is what Yamashita wanted to be, but couldn't be and I guess Yamashita, in the end, was like a second adoptive father figure that helped Ohma grow more. Both helped to overcome each other's weaknesses and problems.

Seriously, when I saw Yamashita crying when Ohma died, I got really depressed. There are not that many mangas out there that have made me feel this.

Ok, just finished Kengan Ashura Zero. Man, I really liked those eight chapters. If backstories like this didn't exist, that would be one of my other grips with this series. The characters are pretty much always fighting, so much to the point that we barely get to know how they live their everyday lives. That's why backstories like these feel like a real breath of fresh air and are really important IMO. It shows a side to the characters that we actually don't know, and makes them feel more real in that sense.

That being said, I especially liked the backstory for Metsudo and Erioh. I absolutely loved how they met first, how their relationship developed and how Metsudo rose to power in the Kengan Association. The art style is so good too that enhances the experience even more.

I'll start with Kengan Omega later on. The hype is pretty real and I'm really glad that it's still going. That way I can keep reading this series for much more time and familiarise with the characters and the story even more.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yeah, the whole thing turned out to be way deeper than what I expected. Ohma is what Yamashita wanted to be, but couldn't be and I guess Yamashita, in the end, was like a second adoptive father figure that helped Ohma grow more. Both helped to overcome each other's weaknesses and problems.

Seriously, when I saw Yamashita crying when Ohma died, I got really depressed. There are not that many mangas out there that have made me feel this.

Ok, just finished Kengan Ashura Zero. Man, I really liked those eight chapters. If backstories like this didn't exist, that would be one of my other grips with this series. The characters are pretty much always fighting, so much to the point that we barely get to know how they live their everyday lives. That's why backstories like these feel like a real breath of fresh air and are really important IMO. It shows a side to the characters that we actually don't know, and makes them feel more real in that sense.

That being said, I especially liked the backstory for Metsudo and Erioh. I absolutely loved how they met first, how their relationship developed and how Metsudo rose to power in the Kengan Association. The art style is so good too that enhances the experience even more.

I'll start with Kengan Omega later on. The hype is pretty real and I'm really glad that it's still going. That way I can keep reading this series for much more time and familiarise with the characters and the story even more.
you know i went back revisit a bit ashura again chapter 39 and those 2 specific panels you can literally seen murobuchi been in wc doing his heavy workload process while takeru is beating the crap out of the random wannatake position fighters.

did you checked wakatsuki and furumi backstory? as well as hassad? he was one of the fighters than were defeated by one of the bodyguards when they went onboard on the 2nd ship as well as gaolangs

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
you know i went back revisit a bit ashura again chapter 39 and those 2 specific panels you can literally seen murobuchi been in wc doing his heavy workload process while takeru is beating the crap out of the random wannatake position fighters.

Dude might not be able to do his necessities so well after the meteoric punch Takeshi gave him. Jesus Christ, I still remember it:

This has to be one of the most beastly panels even in this manga. The intensity was real. It was more of a drill than a punch, lol. And to think this wasn't even Blast Core makes it even more ridiculous. Imagine a Blast Core dropkick. Probably would have made a hole in his chest, lol.

Ah yes i forgot to put this but in any case

kengan omega ranking position is in 55th most popular manga

Kengan omega popularity ranking
Not bad, I haven't started reading it yet, but if it's on the same level as the prequel, then it's kinda underrated, haha.

Btw, who are your top 5 favourite characters? For me, it's really hard to decide, since pretty much all of them are very likeable, but if I had to say:

- Tokita Ohma
- Imai Cosmo
- Wakatsuki Takeshi
- Muteba Gizenga
- Sekibayashi Jun

In no particular order, btw.

did you checked wakatsuki and furumi backstory? as well as hassad? he was one of the fighters than were defeated by one of the bodyguards when they went onboard on the 2nd ship as well as gaolangs
Yeah, Wakatsuki's was really funny and I didn't think Furumi would do that for him. He looks really intense at first sight, but he's a really good guy. Really like the relationship these two have.

I saw Hassad's too, aka the cannon fodder with really good design, haha. I really liked how in the end his trip in search of knowledge led him to that point. Kinda feel bad for the younger bro :XD

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Dude might not be able to do his necessities so well after the meteoric punch Takeshi gave him. Jesus Christ, I still remember it:

This has to be one of the most beastly panels even in this manga. The intensity was real. It was more of a drill than a punch, lol. And to think this wasn't even Blast Core makes it even more ridiculous. Imagine a Blast Core dropkick. Probably would have made a hole in his chest, lol.

Not bad, I haven't started reading it yet, but if it's on the same level as the prequel, then it's kinda underrated, haha.

Btw, who are your top 5 favourite characters? For me, it's really hard to decide, since pretty much all of them are very likeable, but if I had to say:

- Tokita Ohma
- Imai Cosmo
- Wakatsuki Takeshi
- Muteba Gizenga
- Sekibayashi Jun

In no particular order, btw.

Yeah, Wakatsuki's was really funny and I didn't think Furumi would do that for him. He looks really intense at first sight, but he's a really good guy. Really like the relationship these two have.

I saw Hassad's too, aka the cannon fodder with really good design, haha. I really liked how in the end his trip in search of knowledge led him to that point. Kinda feel bad for the younger bro :XD
For overrall characters i would say

Kazyo yamashita

sekibayashi

kure raian

rihito

wakatsuki takeshi

kaneda

Metsudo katahara

Akoya

kaneda

like it is so hard to choose i like the majority of the characters like it is really hard to choose.

i think what was funny about furumi heihachi and wakatsuki takeshi was after provoking and getting hit by wakatsuki as a result of his won choice
years later when he got over his uncles company and he was seeing wakatsuki again destroying the concrete like it was nothing they kinda rememned that past accident and furumi was like "if you hit me now i am not sure if it will left anything to be fixed" lol

Ah yes i totally forgot about if you are gonna start reading kengan omega
better use this site because the other one have missing pages in few chapters of it.

here is a link i am gonna update my main post with the new link in my main comment as well.
Here is the link Kengan omega

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Up to chapter 50, I've got 8 or so more to go to be up to date and I couldn't resist posting something. I'm in the part in which the Worm is targeting Kazuo and I never thought I'd be so happy to see Raian again putting some respect, but then, Ohma came and I was like

Granted, to be fair I have to say that I spoiled myself a little with the fact that he was alive seeing an image featuring Purgatory and Kengan Association fighters, but still, my surprise was really great. If I hadn't known he was alive, I would've probably jumped off my seat, haha. I don't know how to feel about this twist though, but as long as it is well explained, I'm fine with it.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Up to chapter 50, I've got 8 or so more to go to be up to date and I couldn't resist posting something. I'm in the part in which the Worm is targeting Kazuo and I never thought I'd be so happy to see Raian again putting some respect, but then, Ohma came and I was like

Granted, to be fair I have to say that I spoiled myself a little with the fact that he was alive seeing an image featuring Purgatory and Kengan Association fighters, but still, my surprise was really great. If I hadn't known he was alive, I would've probably jumped off my seat, haha. I don't know how to feel about this twist though, but as long as it is well explained, I'm fine with it.
By the way the warm plot have been build up from ashura and i am mean like even early parts in some early chapters there had been random street thugs targeting ohma and ohma was like " are you with them?" and kicked their butt and then there is the whole tournament thing build up where Hayami had warm guys in his troops.

That's how you make a freaking build up not like freaking nakaba in nnt he just tries to pulls out of nowhere merlin doing the whole chaos part and tries to sell it as a plot twist to get a shock value but with literally zero build or clear foreshadowing.

by the way why did you spoiled yourself with the kengan vs purgatory pic? lol couldn't wait hm :3c

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
By the way the warm plot have been build up from ashura and i am mean like even early parts in some early chapters there had been random street thugs targeting ohma and ohma was like " are you with them?" and kicked their butt and then there is the whole tournament thing build up where Hayami had warm guys in his troops.

That's how you make a freaking build up not like freaking nakaba in nnt he just tries to pulls out of nowhere merlin doing the whole chaos thing.

by the way why did you spoiled yourself with the kengan vs purgatory pic? lol couldn't wait hm :3c
Yeah, I really liked the build-up.

Youtube sometimes is a real bitch recommending videos, and they recommended me the raws of the most recent chapters of Kengan Omega, and one of them had an image featuring the Purgatory fighters and the Kengan fighters. I didn't even play it and I only saw it during an instant just before I closed it, because I don't like to spoil myself, but that image stayed in my mind for far longer than it should have, lol.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yeah, I really liked the build-up.

Youtube sometimes is a real bitch recommending videos, and they recommended me the raws of the most recent chapters of Kengan Omega, and one of them had an image featuring the Purgatory fighters and the Kengan fighters. I didn't even play it and I only saw it during an instant just before I closed it, because I don't like to spoil myself, but that image stayed in my mind for far longer than it should have, lol.
freaking youtube recommendations man!!!!! :D

so what's opinion about koga? started as punk so far he got plenty of progression i would say he is more humble also the new guys?

Joze and kokuro?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain

so what's opinion about koga? started as punk so far he got plenty of progression i would say he is more humble also the new guys?

Joze and kokuro?
I'll write my impressions of him along with my general impressions of the sequel later on this day.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I'll write my impressions of him along with my general impressions of the sequel later on this day.
:super

Here is the official ost from the anime version kengan ashura full ost

The music it's on fire !!!! :p

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok, I've caught up. I really like the dynamics between Koga and Ryuki. Koga is the developing-type protagonist. Just from one glance at first, you could tell he still had ways to go overall, but I really like how he's putting that work and developing both physically and from a personality standpoint. Gaoh is the OP type. You could tell at first glance that he was OP, but he has some issues that most likely come from the environment he has been living, as well as the people he has made contact with. I really like how despite him being OP, he still has more room to grow too overall and has already started growing from the moment that he hesitated to go for the kill against Akoya. I like both of them so far.

At first sight, it would be obvious that Ryuki's grandfather is Gaoh Mukaku, that's at least the impression the author is trying to give to you, but I think there's more into it. I think the possibilities of Gaoh being a clone of Ohma are quite there and tbh, I would really like this to be the case. Something along the lines of him being the initial failed prototype (and with that mistake he has his own personality) that got dumped away and somehow Gaoh Mukaku saved him and raised him as the grandson he never had, and for Ryuki, the grandfather he never had. I don't think there's any blood relationship between him and Mukaku to say, but that's my theory of course.

I'm completely fine with Ohma being alive. It has been explained in a credible way and it's within the boundaries the story has set. Besides, Ohma had more potential too as a character, so him being alive feels good to me. It kinda takes away that emotional impact it had at the end of Kengan Ashura though, but one can't have everything I guess.

This Worm organisation is really interesting and I really want to know more about them, especially from that Kure Clan dude and the other one that calls himself the Tiger's Vessel. The assassin guy kinda disappointed me though, I expected more from him. He still can make a comeback though, but it doesn't look like he's anywhere near Ohma and Raian when it comes to overall strength (I guess on the other hand it makes sense too since his job is far from being that of a fighter).

Oh, and btw I really want Agito to beat the crap out of Yumigahama so bad. They're bound to face off sooner or later I believe. I'm kinda surprised that Misasa is the Eighth Fang, I didn't saw him strong enough to be one, but I guess I was mistaken, now I'm really interested to see him fight. I wonder what happened to the Seventh one though.

Anyways, this is shaping up to be really good. The art is really good too as always, which enhances the experience even more IMO.