Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 187 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 187 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
can anyone answer this question

Did Sumiyoshi and Suyako had another child. Who is the kid Suyako carrying on her back?

Sumire was being hug by Yoriichi.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Which I take to mean that his final breath is one that allows him to target muzan's organs with the precision and speed he needs to make meaningful damage. Interestingly this probably means himejima is likely to be able to perceive muzan's organs.
That seems to be the implication, given the depiction of the chapter. The wording of both Yoriichi and Tanjirou's words is the only thing that makes me hesitate. There was a realization of some sort that allowed Yoriichi to complete all aspects of his breathing as he used the plural form of "forms". Something that Tanjirou himself also noted as he assumed the 13th form was among them.

As for the Red Blades, it wasn't just Tokitou. Kokushibu also noted that Sanemi and Himejima's weapons were turning red as well. Their's may not have been complete just yet, but it was in the process.

Did Sumiyoshi and Suyako had another child. Who is the kid Suyako carrying on her back?
Seems like it. We never got much information on their family.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Tamayo's reaction to the whole thing is priceless. In her eyes, Muzan was close to invincible, yet here comes this random swordsman who messes Muzan up so bad that he might actually die.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
This is the second time Muzan lost.

Earlier also he lost to a western vampire and now to Yoriichi.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
While he regenerates at an astounding rate, Muzan is still getting cut by the Demon Slayers. Giyuu couldn’t even cut through Akaza at all at first without first activating his mark, and even then he couldn’t pull it off. Sanemi had the same issues with Kokushibou, and so did Himejima until he finally accessed the see-through world. Hell, Kokushibou literally took Marked Muichirou’s own sword out his hand mid-swing and impaled him with it. So Durability goes to Akaza and Kokushibou.
who has cut muzan?? last time i check gyomei did BUT the fact that it was stated that he was weakened after the master and his family ble themselves up. even the regeneration was also reduced and he couldnt regenerate fast enough. what you're comparing here is how muzan has been weakened on both durability and reduced his regeneration (ubayashiki and sanemi's oil and fire) to both kuko and akaza being at their full strength and no where near in their weakened state like how muzan was.
Everyone’s comments about Muzan’s attacks aren’t anything about his destructive capabilities. It’s always the speed and reach of his attacks. Akaza’s attacks pack a far more powerful punch in terms of blunt impact force. Kokushibou’s attacks are like a combination of reach and impact force. Plus he had those extra crescents causing damage to whatever it hits. He created most of those craters where he was fighting everyone at. The only thing is his attacks aren’t as fast as Muzan’s. So I’m going with him and Akaza being more powerful.
packs more punches? what suggests that? beating giyuuu? let's be real here muzan would do giyu how muzan did to all lower moon demons, your evidence doesnt support any of what's narratively shown when muzan casually taking it easy on all demon hunters right now and has no shown of struggle at all, im also forgetting thaat muzan right now is still weakened after getting drugged by tamayo and trying to condensed the drug which it was clearly stated when he came out of cocoon and needing the blood of humans (i.e the fodder demon hunters were food for him).
He specifically stated to Michikatsu that he wanted a Breath User. At the time, they were all Swordsman. He also took on Kaigaku. Another Breath User/Swordsman. He wasn't necessarily bored with Swordsmen. His point of view was why have more than one when Kokushibou is so high spec, and he's looking for multiple types of talents.
wanting a breath user as a demon is a rare thing as he has never seen one in his own group of demons... this doesnt prove that because he wanted muchikatsu therefore he didnt know about martial arts.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Muzan is the OG monster. Demon corps would have never killed him or got anywhere close without the birth of Yoiirichi. So Akaza & Kokushibou were both excellent martial artist who still couldn't hope to defeat Muzan. So fight more technical while Muzan doesn't know how to and doesn't have to.

I'm impressed that Demons who overcome their head being cut off, have grown multiple organs instead..interesting.

Kokushibou being jealous of Yoiirichi makes hella sense..Wtf he owned Muzan, and his being is just God sent. Then 1500+/1800 !!!! That's some crazy dexterity & reaction speed.

The Demon corps like I said were nothing without Yoriichi. His breathing technique made them very arrogant if you ask me. I'm sure they felt like they could groom another sun or moon user, and marked slayers..but eventually that all died down, until now..

Yoriichi suffered a hard burden after his failure. lost his brother to the demons & was banished from the corps.

Tanjiro will be saved by Nezuko and he will unleash some legendary ass kicking move on Muza

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I'm still thinking Nezuko will be the one to slay Muzan. Or maybe she figures out something and feeds him her blood, then turns it to fire and literally roasts him inside out. That's what I hope for.

I don't understand why people consider Muzan a "bitch". He's not a warrior. Why would he needlessly risk his life for his pride? That's not being a bitch, that's being rational. He isn't even a man! He's a monster, one whose purpose like all creatures is to live, in his case forever. Interestingly, let's not forget that, (though he doesn't claim to care about them) if he dies so do his entire race. He is like the brain or heart. It must be guarded. He seemed to get REALLY ticked off at Ubuyashiki when he mentioned that to him.

It's really not right to call Muzan a coward either, not in the same way as UM4. He's just selfish to an extent, combined with that reasoning about upholding his race. Let's see how many national leaders wouldn't run if attacked by assassins or military forces if they thought they could survive. All of them, in this day in age. That's just practicality. And let's face it. Even Kokushibou, despite his prowess and pride, shook with fear before his aged and weakened brother. Yoriichi was like the incarante sun god. There is no competing with that.

This is why I hate profanities. "Bitch" in the context applied to Muzan is innacurate and accomplishes nothing but vulgar brovado, from the sound of it. They are utterly meaningless outside of context most of the time, demean the speaker and the readers, and do little to clarify anything for proper argument. I dearly lament the era long ago when such language was banned. It is deeply offensive to me, on every level. Now such words are all that are remembered by the average English speaker in the west.

How glad I am that I've migrated to the Northern Water Tribe! We know respect up here.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yoriichi is way too kind, the narration where we didn't see his face during all the bad news, then when he cried it was too shocking it broke me. I understand the corps apprehension, and it was unfortunate sengoku where you take responsibility by harakiri, glad ubuyashiki child stepped in. And yoriichi thinking of the child circumstances is just like tanjirou very attentive. Eat yoriichi, food fixes everything...

Remember muzan reading lower moon minds, I wonder how tamayo was able to loath him with such proximity lol the sense of inescapable hell she lived in before muzan was defeated was so real, no other human could've gotten close in that century.

It's a surprise though muzan didn't land a single scratch, I thought yoriichi would be the example of blood immunity koku talked about, maybe iguro?

HHellenn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This is the second time Muzan lost.

Earlier also he lost to a western vampire and now to Yoriichi.
Are you talking about one-shot? This is not even Muzan.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
What suggests that?? Muzan has been living for millennia and u wouldnt think he wouldnt learn a piece of martial arts? Heck if we're basing off martial arts kukoshibo has only learned swordsmanship which Muzan is bored of and doesnt care for bcuz it's not helpful.
Have you seen him do anything close to resembling the abilities and techniques those two have shown off?

I haven’t seen him do anything other than attack with reckless abandon. He knows cutting him apart isn’t enough and he fights like it because in addition to that he’s extremely powerful. Just look at how he’s currently fending off the pillars. He’s just swinging. It doesn’t look like any technique or martial art. Just wild, violent swinging.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Are you talking about one-shot? This is not even Muzan.
No a novel that Gotouge wrote in 2013.The novel's name is Kagarigari,it is a story about Tamayo and Yushiro. Muzan also appears there and got defeated by a Western Vampire.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was that last part a breath? Because Yoriichi is super human if he cut 1500 out of 1800 pieces without using a breath and that’s not including the fact that he also counted the pieces.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
No a novel that Gotouge wrote in 2013.The novel's name is Kagarigari,it is a story about Tamayo and Yushiro. Muzan also appears there and got defeated by a Western Vampire.
That's the one-shot.

HHellenn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This is one-shot, which then turned into Kimetsu no Yaiba. Tamayo and Yushiro stayed, and a character similar to Muzan name is Tokikawa.
Maybe you will understand better if you read this:
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/web_pages/234/

Last edited: