Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 192 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 192 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Piratehunter Zoro

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Even when some hashira lost their limbs i didnt feel much tension from this fight. I don't know, with UM1 I literally held my breath while reading the chapter they managed to cut his head. With muzan, nothing... I hope we get flashback with his whole story so I can relate better with him and feel something.
I agree. Wrote exactly this some chapters ago. Muzan is just standing there, pulling some weird angry faces, and swirling around with his 100 sword-like-arms. Boring. We really need more backstory of Muzan. At this moment he is kinda boring.

UPM1: A fight against him felt like fighting death and having no chance of surviving. He had an overwhelming aura.

Can't wait to see the UPM1-Fight being animated. Should be the greatest fight in the series along with Rengoku vs. Akaza and Daki vs Tengen and his padawans.

aegon-rokudo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read the chapter in Japanese... The text seems to hint that the fire god dance could be perfomed to dusk to dawn so that it would be possible to fight even an undefeateable demon for the entire night keeping it busy until the sun gives the final blow.

The author is a genius, such an idea makes perfectly sense to defeat an invincible entity like Muzan.

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I read the chapter in Japanese... The text seems to hint that the fire god dance could be perfomed to dusk to dawn so that it would be possible to fight even an undefeateable demon for the entire night keeping it busy until the sun gives the final blow.

The author is a genius, such an idea makes perfectly sense to defeat an invincible entity like Muzan.
Wouldn't Muzan just run away since the sun comes up in, what, an hour?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am still trying to understand why yorichi thought he could kill muzan. At this point it just kinda looks like he was wrong about that and his only card to play was actually just waiting for the sun to come up.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I liked tanjirou commenting on muzan having no actual shape, this remind me of tanjirou vs hand demon which is still one of my top fights as early as it was. Still he will be impossible to kill if he did the shattering trick

Merlin918

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If they can do permanent/long-lasting damage to Muzan now, why didn't they try to cut his head vertically in half? Like, why go for his arms when you can remove his head and try to therefore get rid of his eyes/ears and make him a helpless flailing tentacle monster with no way to see and eliminate his targets? Doesn't matter if he has extra brains if he can't see/hear, he would just get carved up easily within a minute and straight up die if he ever once let his head get chopped off for a lasting amount of time.

I felt it was really dumb earlier on when the author established that Muzan literally regenerates faster than incoming blows. At that rate, the force of the regeneration would repel the incoming strikes, or make the weapons get trapped in the flesh. And regenerating easily while a sword is going through you just makes no sense to me, but meh.

I agree with you guys who are saying the fight doesn't feel close to anywhere near as good now compared to the UM1 fight. I mean, most shonen totally mess up the tension at some point in the story with something super illogical, so to be fair, this is still a million times better than most shonen out there in that respect. Basically every fight makes sense to some degree and the power levels are actually consistent. But it still seems like the author could have made this more tense too with a little more effort.

I think part of the reason for that quality drop is the sheer number of combatants facing Muzan at once. It makes the fight exponentially harder to choreograph the more you add in. If their attacks ever forced Muzan to dodge, it would get a whole lot more complicated, that's why Muzan basically stands still and spams slashes. What I liked the least, though, was how Muzan knocked out every fighter at the same time. Their teamwork seemed moot at that moment, until then i had the strong impression that if he suddenly did something more effectively he would kill one or two at most, but now it seems like all he had to do was just swing a little faster and boom, everyone's knocked out at once and bleeding to death. Kind of anticlimactic.

It also makes it as if Tanjirou just conveniently wakes up at the exact perfect moment to intervene and fight Muzan before he can do one area slash and finish them all off. Like that just feels really forced. It means he was just a few seconds from taking them all out with an aoe slash and Tanjirou waking up somehow happened to be at that exact right timing for the sake of drama. It would still have been tense if Tanjirou had just shown up a moment after someone got knocked out or badly wounded. The author also could have just had the others retreat slightly if Tanjirou's power boost made him too strong compared to them for them to keep up with his and Muzan's movements without getting in his way, and using the time to recover their strength a little. Just felt like a dumb plot device to enable a 1v1 while conveniently not killing off any of the remaining Pillars. Although i do think they are likely to die soon anyway by the effects of their marks.

Overall this chapter felt kind of mediocre.

Last edited: