Fantasy - King + Katakuri vs Law + Kidd or vs Big Mom | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy King + Katakuri vs Law + Kidd or vs Big Mom

How would end those matchup ?

• Kata and King win both

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Kata and King win against Supernova but loose againt Big Mom

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Kata and King loos against Supernova but win againt Big Mom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kata and King loose against both

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Ricko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
After the match of Law and Kidd against Big Mom, we could see that 2 YC level can pose a threat to a Yonkou.
But I can't stop thinking that Law and Kidd had a perfect matchup against her, as she don't have a high mobility.

If they were fighting together I think King and Katakuri would beat Law and Kidd.
Law is really insane in 2v1 fight as support, but without distraction I don't think he can do much against great Brawler as Kata or King.
I still think that actual Law would still loose against Doflamingo, as long as his haki protect him from his fruit.

As Kidd, what he display work well on big target, but the two YC1 can easily dodge most of his attack.
His awakening could pose trouble to Kata if he don't dodge it, I think King can tank it.

The teamplay would be important, and Future Sight and Law DF ability would be the key factor.

But as much I think King and Kata are superior to Law and Kidd... I don't see them winning or even be a trouble to Big Mom.
They have no way to hurt her, maybe King Dragon attack, but not even sure...

What do you think ?

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great match ups.

Unfortunately if Kidd can damage Big Mom, he is going to hurt King and Law's room is probably the most solid counter to Future Sight in the verse.

Both tanked massive damage from Big Mom.
Big Mom > Kidd/Law > King/Katakuri

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
1. Kid has brute force high enough to damage BM, so he can likely damage King in his defense mode as well.
Law does internal damage, so King's defense mode doesn't really help him here

Kid and Law would face more trouble from Katakuri in this matchup.

Law& Kid wins high diff against Katakuri & King

2. Katakuri is probably same level as BM in pure CQC due to future sight + mochi body, if not surpassing her. He can definitely stall for a while, though BM's AOE attacks kinda counter Katakuri's style.

Advanced conqueror's haki is a confirmed way to damage King through his defense mode.
But still, King is pretty fast even in his defense mode and can fly, spam magma-esque attacks.

They should be strong enough to put up a good fight, but ultimately lose the fight high diff

Law's room is probably the most solid counter to Future Sight in the verse.
How?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
2. Katakuri is probably same level as BM in pure CQC due to future sight + mochi body, if not surpassing her. He can definitely stall for a while, though BM's AOE attacks kinda counter Katakuri's style.
What gives off this impression? BM was manhandling both Queen and Marco in CQC, something I don't ever see Katakuri doing. FS can only go so far as we've seen with Kaido blitzing Luffy who was using it.

Ricko

Reaction score
Country
France
Unfortunately if Kidd can damage Big Mom, he is going to hurt King.
Kidd and Law can damage King without problem. But the main problem is to hit him !!!
Most of Kidd attack are slow and need to touch and Law could use Kroom on Big Mom only when she was distracted !
I'm not sure that against faster opponent they could use their trump awakening card without enormous risk ! If they miss they are almost dead !!!

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kidd and Law can damage King without problem. But the main problem is to hit him !!!
Most of Kidd attack are slow and need to touch and Law could use Kroom on Big Mom only when she was distracted !
I'm not sure that against faster opponent they could use their trump awakening card without enormous risk ! If they miss they are almost dead !!!
I must underrate King's speed and you overrated it but Kidd doesn't have to be fast. His machines are plenty fast to tag King.

You really think if King and Kidd fought Kidd can't land a single hit on him? That makes no sense.

The Rail Gun is plenty fast and no way in hell do I think King avoids it for long

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
What gives off this impression? BM was manhandling both Queen and Marco in CQC, something I don't ever see Katakuri doing. FS can only go so far as we've seen with Kaido blitzing Luffy who was using it.
Marco fought BM off screen for almost as long as Scabbards vs Kaido.
What we saw was only the end of the fight, and Marco was pretty much fine and went onto 2v1 King and Queen for quite some time.

Queen was never someone adept in CQC anyway. He's all brute strength and durability. BM is better in both.

Kaido blitzed Luffy through future sight, but Kaido is faster than BM as well.
I don't think BM was ever noted for her speed.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
BM would scale to Kaido in speed by default since she's his peer.
I don't think that's how that works.

Kaido blitzed FS Luffy who was not distracted. That's a faster feat than Big Mom has e er performed to my knowledge

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think that's how that works.

Kaido blitzed FS Luffy who was not distracted. That's a faster feat than Big Mom has e er performed to my knowledge
That's exactly how scaling works.

Ricko

Reaction score
Country
France
That's exactly how scaling works.
Don't think so, Kizaru and Akainu are peers too and in the same scale... But Akainu never show any speed feat, is more like an unstopable force.
Even Kuzan showed speed feat.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I must underrate King's speed and you overrated it but Kidd doesn't have to be fast. His machines are plenty fast to tag King.

You really think if King and Kidd fought Kidd can't land a single hit on him? That makes no sense.

The Rail Gun is plenty fast and no way in hell do I think King avoids it for long
None of the two, I don't think King is so fast that Kidd could not touch him. But he's way faster than BM, he would be a more difficult target.
And if Kidd miss with his Nail gun or Awakening he will be in big trouble.
For me it's more difficult than against Big Mom where the fight factor is just your Power vs her Defence.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't think so, Kizaru and Akainu are peers too and in the same scale... But Akainu never show any speed feat, is more like an unstopable force.

None of the two, I don't think King is so fast that Kidd could not touch him. But he's way faster than BM, he would be a more difficult target.
And if Kidd miss with his Nail gun or Awakening he will be in big trouble.
For me it's more difficult than against Big Mom where the fight factor is just your Power vs her Defence.
King would be a MORE difficult fight than Big Mom? What?

Ricko

Reaction score
Country
France
No, stop to interpret what people don't say...
Big Mom in 1v1 would stomp Kidd.
But in 2v1 they could use their power at full potential as she was distracted.
I'm telling in 1v1 King would be a less easy target than Big Mom in 2v1...

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Big Mom and Kaido are peers so they have the same speed... sure, okay

😂
It's called scaling. Welcome to power scaling 101.

Ok so? Shanks has never shown a speed feat yet we know he can fight Kaido on equal terms per the canon.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's called scaling. Welcome to power scaling 101.
Its also called head Canon and stupid lol

Luffy and Bege are peers. Are you going to scale Luffy's speed to Bege?

Are your going to scale Bonney's Attack power to Zoro's?

Being peers means nothing. Big Mom has not shown speed fears equivalent to Kaido.

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Question, discounting team work and what not. How do guys put those 4 in order of power? Law, Kid, King, and Katakuri? Or course 1 on 1 match up is also heavily depend on abilities match up too.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Question, discounting team work and what not. How do guys put those 4 in order of power? Law, Kid, King, and Katakuri? Or course 1 on 1 match up is also heavily depend on abilities match up too.
Law>Katakuri>King=Kidd

Urek Mazino

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
King fought Zoro so he is obviously the strongest, Katakuri is from last arc so he is obviously the weakest. Law is obviously stronger than Kid.

So the result is obviously: King > Law > Kid > Katakuri

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
BM would scale to Kaido in speed by default since she's his peer.
Kaido is stronger than BM, but they're in same tier.

Anyway, they are overall close in power level. But that doesn't mean they've got to be close in every single stat.
Kaido is more of a physical fighter, with the occasional breath attack and cyclone.
BM is a mix of physical and 'ability' type fighter. What Kaido has in pure stats, she makes up for with her versatility - she can heal, use her soul to buff herself up, create lighting and fire attacks with homies etc

To add to the above point: We've seen Kaido blitzing notable characters. Who have we seen BM blitz? She usually relies on overpowering the opponents, either directly or with her homies. Rather than outspeeding or blitzing them.

My ranking would be:
Law > Kid > King > Katakuri

With Kid being closer to Law, than to King.