Seinen - Kingdom by Hara Yasuhisa | Page 38 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Kingdom by Hara Yasuhisa

MArGi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
My hatred for Reebok’s bullshit is never ending so I want to see Kanki win. But we all know Kanki will meet his demise here and Reebok will again succeed
Ahah what do you call Riboku's bullshit?

Honestly, I don't want to see Kanki die either. I mean, we all agree that he is the worst but if we go beyond that, I think he is a very well written character and he is also the only one that doesn't glorify war in this manga.
But yeah, I do agree that this is probably as far as he goes unfortunately:
- character backstory reveals are always a death flag ^^
- he is slowly losing all his best clans and assets (Raido, Shuma, Zenou soon enough). I believe Ringyoku will be killed as well, but I think that Koku Ou, Maron and the Saki clan will survive this battle.
- objectively, he won't have much more to add to the story once we know everything about his past.

Anyway, my bet is Kanki's attack will be stopped by Ko Haku Kou. Things will go downhill from there, since he won't be able to take Riboku's head, which was the whole point of his strategy and the only way for him to win.

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Kanki is 1 of those characters that make other characters look bad whenever he appears. Truly a Gary Stu of Kingdom. Even Ei Sei a fucking King of Qin looks like a peasant in front of him. Hopefully he dies a gruesome death.

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Kanki is 1 of those characters that make other characters look bad whenever he appears. Truly a Gary Stu of Kingdom. Even Ei Sei a fucking King of Qin looks like a peasant in front of him. Hopefully he dies a gruesome death.
Ah I was curious about why you nominated him in the Most Annoying Character Top 10, I have my answer ^^

Well, I have to disagree with you here.
I can hardly think of a time he made any other character look bad. I rather think that he highlights their traits and personalities and adds a touch of a moral dilemma, which is highly necessary in Kingdom imo.
You mention Sei, I suppose you're referring to the beheading of the 100 000 Zhao soldiers and his reaction. I personally liked their interaction as it showed that Sei is definitely not taking any shit from anyone but his determination to conquer the other states is far more important to him than his own morality.

I also don't think that Kanki is a Gary Stu. He is flawed and the high majority of the other characters tolerate him because he is good at warfare, but they have no love or respect for him. Even his bandit soldiers basically follow him because they saw him as their only option at having a better life.
Granted his arrogant bandit charisma makes him hot though.
Riboku falls a lot more under the definition of a Gary Stu I think.

Anyway, that's just my opinion of course :nod

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Ahah what do you call Riboku's bullshit?

Honestly, I don't want to see Kanki die either. I mean, we all agree that he is the worst but if we go beyond that, I think he is a very well written character and he is also the only one that doesn't glorify war in this manga.
But yeah, I do agree that this is probably as far as he goes unfortunately:
- character backstory reveals are always a death flag ^^
- he is slowly losing all his best clans and assets (Raido, Shuma, Zenou soon enough). I believe Ringyoku will be killed as well, but I think that Koku Ou, Maron and the Saki clan will survive this battle.
- objectively, he won't have much more to add to the story once we know everything about his past.

Anyway, my bet is Kanki's attack will be stopped by Ko Haku Kou. Things will go downhill from there, since he won't be able to take Riboku's head, which was the whole point of his strategy and the only way for him to win.
My problem is that Reebok somehow always manages to get away unscathed from his failures, and always keeps making bold claims he will do this and that to the Qin only to lose. That is why I really want to see him eat shit

Also I dislike the Zhao because they seem to have an unlimited pool of generals/officers. Everytime you would think their army would be crippled, they manage to bring out generals out of nowhere

Didn’t the author foreshadow Kanki’s death at the beginning of this arc ? I thought he said smth crazy will hap

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
My problem is that Reebok somehow always manages to get away unscathed from his failures, and always keeps making bold claims he will do this and that to the Qin only to lose. That is why I really want to see him eat shit

Also I dislike the Zhao because they seem to have an unlimited pool of generals/officers. Everytime you would think their army would be crippled, they manage to bring out generals out of nowhere
I see, I think that is a rather shared feeling in the fandom.
It does not bother me too much personally, as I feel that every General does get away with everything relatively unscathed and through insane luck most of the time. I also think Riboku is an ideal antagonist against Sei and Shin.
Take the Gyou Arc for example. I could feel like Riboku was an utter disappointment for losing that war. Or I could feel like it was total bullshit that Qin won on all 3 fronts against all odds. I choose to just enjoy the show ahah
Tbh I think Riboku's character is suffering from being introduced too early and being set as the primary antagonist since then. We've seen a lot of Zhao and not so much of the other States and I understand why people are getting tired of it.
The thing is the whole plot is written in History so I guess Hara doesn't have too much liberty regarding the timeline and all.

I do think that the unlimited pool of generals is getting annoying as well though. It's like Zhao is always on its last legs but then, another potential Great Heaven pops in the middle of nowhere ^^

Didn’t the author foreshadow Kanki’s death at the beginning of this arc ? I thought he said smth crazy will hap
Hmm I think there was a line about a clash between 2 legends iirc but I don't think he foreshadowed Kanki's death(?)

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Can't see Kan Ki winning this however he will get his wank and it will feel like the Wan Ki we've come to love.

I was hoping Ri Boku destroyed him, I looked down on Kan Ki too much :yodawg

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
So whose side are you on? Regarding this chapter's last page, would you like to see Kanki's attack be successful or not?
Kanki, he is the best character in this manga. Pretty much embodies what it means being a general, the ruthlessness also reminds us how brutal this world can be.
Don't really like Ri Boku, he used to be a decent character but he has overstayed in the manga way too long. I feel like at this point he is just a poor man's Aizen, not a single likeable thing about him at all.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Can't see Kan Ki winning this however he will get his wank and it will feel like the Wan Ki we've come to love.
You fell off :nah

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
You fell off :nah
? Nah Kan Ki still top two :nod

But, he should have been thoroughly defeated here. I get it though, Kan Ki is too box office to be played like that.

From mere a mere plot perspective, Ri Boku is for Shin lad in every way. So if Ri Boku went earlier Shin would've lost some gas.

You gotta respect Ri Boku (the great and handsome Ri Boku) for his tenacity. He fights and gives it everything, he's never arrogant because he doesn't have the time/energy to spare for things like that, he's all about defending Zhao. He puts most 'genius' characters to shame in this regard imo. But not going to deny the cringe that comes with him at times (blame this on the plot more than Ri Boku!).

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Kanki, he is the best character in this manga. Pretty much embodies what it means being a general, the ruthlessness also reminds us how brutal this world can be.
Don't really like Ri Boku, he used to be a decent character but he has overstayed in the manga way too long. I feel like at this point he is just a poor man's Aizen, not a single likeable thing about him at all.
That's why I like both characters so much, you either hate them or you love them :awe And they keep the debates going.
I'm definitely more on Brandish's side here. I like Riboku a lot. Such a tragic character. The most kind, honorable and talented man in the 7 Kingdoms, having to serve under the worst and most foolish Kings. He is not enjoying war, yet he has to make use of all his skills in that field since the fate of Zhao is entirely depending on him.

Oh and the Kaine and Riboku thing is 100% confirmed now I guess. I thought Hara would keep it to her fantasizing about their relationship but Riboku is definitely encouraging her now. I always thought he was way older than her but you never know how old the characters actually are with Hara's artstyle.
I wonder if they'll ever cross the line or if their relationship will always stay at the stage they're in.

I wonder why the Saki clan is near Shin's location. It seems he is surprised to see them joining the fight which means they were not supposed to be there in the first place. Did Kanki send them? Do they have a secret mission?

------------------
Btw, it seems spoilers for chapter 745 are slowly coming out. It appears the chapter's title is: Moment of arrival.

Chapter 745 raws without text.

It's hard to understand everything that is going on without the dialogs, but as expected, it seems that Ko Haku Kou is moving to Riboku's location...

Kanki missed his one and, I believe, only shot so that's definitely Kanki's loss here. I wonder if this was not all according to Riboku's keikaku... Like he played the bait to lure Kanki and make sure to have his head.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
As expected, Reebok survives. Wait for Banana to show up now

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
What is Ri Boku doing yelling a nakama speech, leave that cringe to Kaine.

Kan Ki is dropping tho.

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
What is Ri Boku doing yelling a nakama speech, leave that cringe to Kaine.

Kan Ki is dropping tho.
Lol I wouldn't exactly call it a nakama speech, he is basically saying it's fine if all soldiers sacrifice their lives for him. I've seen better/cringe-worthier nakama speeches.

You know, I like Riboku a lot, but there is one thing that has always bothered me about him and it's how hypocritical he is by serving the most twisted Kings ever, who don't give a damn about - and actively abuse - the citizens he so loves, when, really, the military and most likely the people are on his side and he could have overthrown them both.
-----------------------------------------------
Did you see the chapter 747 spoilers or are you only following the Sense Scan's version release?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Lol I wouldn't exactly call it a nakama speech, he is basically saying it's fine if all soldiers sacrifice their lives for him. I've seen better/cringe-worthier nakama speeches.

You know, I like Riboku a lot, but there is one thing that has always bothered me about him and it's how hypocritical he is by serving the most twisted Kings ever, who don't give a damn about - and actively abuse - the citizens he so loves, when, really, the military and most likely the people are on his side and he could have overthrown them both.
-----------------------------------------------
Did you see the chapter 747 spoilers or are you only following the Sense Scan's version release?
It was cringe man, lol.

I read the Sense Scan's (mangasee to be precise). I'll give reddit a look.

Ah Ogiko is there it's all good.

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
It was cringe man, lol.

I read the Sense Scan's (mangasee to be precise). I'll give reddit a look.

Ah Ogiko is there it's all good.
Ogiko best commander.

I am really curious about the message Kanki sent to Maron and why the Saki clan was sent near Shin's army. Now, that's a nakama speech I really am looking forward to ^^

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
When Kan Ki dies it will be Ogiko that claims the vacant SGG slot to go along with his 10 bows of China crown.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
RIP Kanki, you were a very interesting character

Alas Reebok gets to live another day

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Will Ogiko join the HSU? The fate of the Zhao rests on that.

(When) Kan Ki is slain it's gonna drain the momentum for Zhao, they won't have their 'Villain' (see spoiler). Sure they'll have an invasive force but the hatred power will deflate. We've seen what happens in this manga when hatred drives Zhao fighting power.

Poll.

Shin to transcend SGG tier?

I cannot remember a previous reference to the ultimate G.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Will Kan Ki drop a nakama speech or will he go out the coolest, most electrifying man there is?

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think he will shit on Reebok and give a cheeky speech to his soldiers. That would he his nakama speech

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Can't say that I care anymore, my only worry right now is whether or not Naki will survive!
It was never supposed to go like this... what is this turn of events? :emocat

Have a taste of chapter 750...