Discussion - King's appreciation thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion King's appreciation thread

Do you think King is a dick?

• Yeah

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I don't know, my mind has been violated by a dark priest.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
im sure he did hit a limit, immortality kept his hair on. His way of progress made sense for him... i just wish wild was around.
You're right. So if Zombieman breaks the limits of humanity he'll remain handsome. What a cheat.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Ban, with no immortality, was on pair with Meliodas possessed by the DK. That means he was way stronger than Zeldoris and the rest of the Commandments. He evolved to withstand Purgatory? That's the thing, every demon we have met so far has withstood Purgatory and they didn't evolve that way. Immortality doesn't mean ban should be able to evolve beyond humanity asides from experiencie, since humanity has its limits. He's no saiyan.
DK Meliodas was clearly weaker than the Demon King... we saw that when the latter reached his final form in Zeldris' body.
Huh? Demons do not live in Purgatory, they live in the Underworld. Only Meliodas withstood it as he was cursed.
Immortality already renders him inhuman. Nothing says he cannot progress indefinitely as long as the stimulus is enough.

King's power level depends on Chastiefold. Remember how Houser and Gilthunder's power level changed sightly just from changing their fight stances? King would be nowhere near as strong as he is without Chastiefold. That is a fact and nothing to be ashamed of.
No, his power-level is the same, but the amount he can draw out is different. King used to be at 4,190 while fighting Helbram and he was at 4,190 while fighting Meliodas in the cave.
Sacred Treasures do not increase PL, only percentage of magic output.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sure, the Sacred Tree is portrayed to be a God of a similar caliber than the DK and the SD and explains where all that power from King that allowed him to fodderize 4C Mael and hold his own against the DK came from but let's face it, the power-up was still ridiculous. I don't mind the way he obtained it that much (though one could perfectly argue against that since it's definitely very questionable), but rather than that, the way his power increased. Gloxinia, the strongest Fairy King before Harlequin could only draw a power of like 50K, but suddenly King with his Fully Grown Wings can fodderize 200K+ opponents and hold his own against the DK.

I get it, he's one of the protagonists and he's bound to be among the strongests, but still you can't tell me that his power-up wasn't ridiculous. He probably can draw almost 10 times the power the strongest Fairy King before him could.
To be fair the strongest Fairy King before him was the only Fairy King before him, Perhaps Gloxinia just happened to be weakling for a Fairy King?
Jokes aside, that much is true. It's weird.

No, his power-level is the same, but the amount he can draw out is different. King used to be at 4,190 while fighting Helbram and he was at 4,190 while fighting Meliodas in the cave.
Sacred Treasures do not increase PL, only percentage of magic output.
PL was said to change continuosly (although not usually in a grand scale, of course) and is influenced by things like anger or predisposition, so although their total magic pool doesn't change from having a sacred treasure, PL does.
Also Chastiefold is no normal Sacred Treasure, it's a weapon who only answers to King and that was born from the Spirit Tree like he was and has evolved every time at the same time he has. They're linked way beyond the other Sins with their sacred treasures. For the others they're just convinient weapons that go along well with their abilities, not for King.

Eternita

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gloxinia, the strongest Fairy King before Harlequin could only draw a power of like 50K, but suddenly King with his Fully Grown Wings can fodderize 200K+ opponents and hold his own against the DK.

I get it, he's one of the protagonists and he's bound to be among the strongests, but still you can't tell me that his power-up wasn't ridiculous. He probably can draw almost 10 times the power the strongest Fairy King before him could.
You also seem to missing that King was born from the tree, and i dont think there is anything stating Glox was. Not to mention King and Elaine aren't 'elvish' like you can literally see they are a different case to the other fairies.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
PL was said to change continuosly (although not usually in a grand scale, of course) and is influenced by things like anger or predisposition, so although their total magic pool doesn't change from having a sacred treasure, PL does.
Also Chastiefold is no normal Sacred Treasure, it's a weapon who only answers to King and that was born from the Spirit Tree like he was and has evolved every time at the same time he has. They're linked way beyond the other Sins with their sacred treasures. For the others they're just convinient weapons that go along well with their abilities, not for King.
Yes, power levels fluctuate in battle, but usually in the form of spirit due to emotions. That's beyond the scope of the discussion.
Can you show me scans that indicate PL changes in use of Sacred Treasures, and that King's operates any differently? I am certain that's never been said.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
King's my boy, but even I'll admit that the jump was way too significant. The fact that it's still being boiled down to his dog dying as the impetus shows that it wasn't well paced, despite the development making sense. The Sins should've gotten their initial power jump immediately after Meliodas got his, instead of staying weak well into the final bits of the Holy War. Then we could have gotten King's wings growing ever so slowly during the course of the War when he could've hit his peak finally during the fight against Mael.

The Fairies are weak because, per their own words, they allowed their power to drop as they were lax and relied on the Fairy King's ability. We have no idea where their upper limit actually lies, though it's likely that Gloxinia is an example of what they could potentially achieve since he was born from a regular flower like the other Fairies while King was born from the Sacred Tree itself.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Aren't all Fairy Kings born from the Sacred Tree? I'd have bought it if King were the only one, but since it also applies to Elaine, I'm pretty sure Gloxinia and Gerheade were the same.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
King's power level depends on Chastiefold.
I agree with Gallon here. If King showed something on his fight against Meliodas, was that even without chastiefol, King's own fairy king magic is as dangerous and powerful as when he uses the spirit spear. I dont think the whole PL of him depends only on the sacred treasure.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aren't all Fairy Kings born from the Sacred Tree? I'd have bought it if King were the only one, but since it also applies to Elaine, I'm pretty sure Gloxinia and Gerheade were the same.
One of the Q/A's mentioned that only King and Elaine were born of the Sacred Tree.

Whatever chapter question 307 is in. Up, Redworld posted it below.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
One of the Q/A's mentioned that only King and Elaine were born of the Sacred Tree.
Oh, must've missed it. Will have to look it up.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Aren't all Fairy Kings born from the Sacred Tree?
Not confirmed. People only speculated that just because Nakaba confirmed Elaine and King were the child of the Sacred Tree, but never nakaba said Glox and Gerheade were too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh, must've missed it. Will have to look it up.
there you have :)

In fact it's funny how Gerheade and Elaine are both the sisters of the Fairy Kings, but Gerheade has 2K of PL while Elaine, daugther of the Sacred Tree, is 20K.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Oh, but that says nothing about Gloxinia. He could be the same.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I agree with Gallon here. If King showed something on his fight against Meliodas, was that even without chastiefol, King's own fairy king magic is as dangerous and powerful as when he uses the spirit spear. I dont think the whole PL of him depends only on the sacred treasure.
Let me be more specific about my opinion. I don't think King's power level would be 0 without Chastiefold, especially because Disaster can be pretty overpowered, but I do think his PL would be a lot lower without Chastiefold. Enough for him to not be of much use at this point in the manga. Precisely because he almost never uses Disaster it looks to me like the ability has many limitations in real combat.
This was more evident in the beginning of the manga, back when he got his ass kicked by that holy knight from Danafor who would absolutely be no match against Chastiefold.

But Gallon asked for scans to prove my point and I certainly don't have them, so I can't defend my point any further than it being my assumption based on what we do know about PLs and Chastiefold's nature.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oh, but that says nothing about Gloxinia. He could be the same.
Nakaba could have answered "FKs and siblings are born of the ST" but he didnt, he only mentioned King and Elaine.

If Nakaba confirms Glox' origin, ok, but for now, that's just an speculation of the fandom.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Nakaba could have answered "FKs and siblings are born of the ST" but he didnt, he only mentioned King and Elaine.

If Nakaba confirms Glox' origin, ok, but for now, that's just an speculation of the fandom.
Well, King and Elaine are much more relevant than Gloxinia and Gerheade. That answer is more one of inclusion rather than exclusion.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
To be fair the strongest Fairy King before him was the only Fairy King before him, Perhaps Gloxinia just happened to be weakling for a Fairy King?
Jokes aside, that much is true. It's weird.
There was also Dahlia, the second Fairy King who came after Gloxinia, though we know nothing about him. Maybe he was a monster around 200K, lmao. That would make Gloxinia look the weakest and King's power-up wouldn't be that far-fetched.

you also seem to missing that King was born from the tree, and i dont think there is anything stating Glox was. Not to mention King and Elaine aren't 'elvish' like you can literally see they are a different case to the other fairies.
There's nothing stating otherwise either. From my knowledge (which isn't too much regarding the Fairy Clan so I could be perfectly wrong) there's no reason to believe that there's a massive difference between Gloxinia and King and Elaine. I don't think that this small trait difference would be the cause of such massive difference in power between the two Kings.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
There was also Dahlia, the second Fairy King who came after Gloxinia, though we know nothing about him. Maybe he was a monster around 200K, lmao. That would make Gloxinia look the weakest and King's power-up wouldn't be that far-fetched.
I don't even remember anything of this Dahlia guy (girl's name though. Perhaps a Fairy Queen?). Knowing her PL would certainly shed light on this discussion.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
The only question i can't get past is why Elaine and King revert back to Kid forms when they exhaust themselves ?..Is it because of sudden wing growth in both of them and were meant to grow slowly to permanently have that adult forms ?....

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
It seems the Sacred Tree bestows power upon its race when the individual has an experience of powerful emotion. Both Elaine & King seemed to have the immense desire to protect the ones close to them and were rewarded with power.

Or perhaps, the Sacred Tree does not discriminate and would give as much power as a Fairy can handle, but naturally, I doubt any (even King) could reach Deity tier.