Discussion - King's appreciation thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion King's appreciation thread

Do you think King is a dick?

• Yeah

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I don't know, my mind has been violated by a dark priest.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redworld96

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok, so thanks to FKS translation we know more about King's potencial with Chastiefol with his awakened form:
Q/As:
Q386: (Jefferson-san) What's the most Chastiefols King can use at once?
A: Four. In return, each one's precision and power drop greatly.
Along with this affirmation King said about Chastiefol and his magic when he is controlling it far away:

As a reminder:
- King used 4 multiple forms against 4C Mael (Pollen Garden, Guardian, Increase and Chastiefol itself)
- While he was flying to Camelot, against Original Demon and Zeldris he only used one form (Chastiefol, Sunflower, Increase and later Guardian)
- Once he arrived, we can still see him using just one or two multiple forms because he wasted almost all of his magic for previous events (Increase, Pollen Garden).
- DK Meliodas appears, and with 2 multiples forms (Increase+Chastiefol) and then only using Pollen Garden, he definitely lost all his magic and reverted back into his child form.
- Against the Indura, we see him using just 1 form (Chastiefol)
- For DK Zeldris and DK final transformation, the same, just one form (Increase and Pollen Garden the most used, and "Spear of Judgement" as final attack)

Given the new info and what we saw, now I understand why King wasnt using multiple forms against big treats like Indura or DK Zeldris. The more multiple forms he uses, the less powerful and precise are those forms.
I guess this means that, for example, a Guardian which appears along with other 3 forms would be a lot of weaker than a single Guardian.

But thinking about the remoteness, now I dont know if one form controlled far away is as powerful as that same form controlled close to King. What we know for sure is that King loses a lot of magic faster in the first case than in the second.

Last edited:

Bebo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
I actually like this, King would be too OP otherwise. I mean just chilling in the air while 4 equally strong forms deal with the opponents? Nah

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Ok, so thanks to FKS translation we know more about King's potencial with Chastiefol with his awakened form:

Along with this affirmation King said about Chastiefol and his magic when he is controlling it far away:

As a reminder:
- King used 4 multiple forms against 4C Mael (Pollen Garden, Guardian, Increase and Chastiefol itself)
- While he was flying to Camelot, against Original Demon and Zeldris he only used one form (Chastiefol and later Guardian)
- Once he arrived, we can still see him using just one or two multiple forms because he wasted almost all of his magic for previous events (Increase, Pollen Garden).
- DK Meliodas appears, and with 2 multiples forms (Increase+Chastiefol) and then only using Pollen Garden, he definitely lost all his magic and reverted back into his child form.
- Against the Indura, we see him using just 1 form (Chastiefol)
- For DK Zeldris and DK final transformation, the same, just one form (Increase and Pollen Garden the most used, and "Spear of Judgement" as final attack)

Given the new info and what we saw, now I understand why King wasnt using multiple forms against big treats like Indura or DK Zeldris. The more multiple form he use, the less powerful and precise are those forms.
I guess this means that, for example, a Guardian which appears along with other 3 forms would be a lot of weaker than a single Guardian.

But thinking about the remoteness, now I dont know if one form controlled far away is as powerful as that same form controlled close to King. What we know for sure is that King loses a lot of magic faster in the first case than in the second.
Well, if he lose more magic, meaning more mana from far long distance, it is probably less powerful than close distance where there is no strain in his magic pool.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I actually like this, King would be too OP otherwise. I mean just chilling in the air while 4 equally strong forms deal with the opponents? Nah
Yeah, mainly because he is already too powerful. He can literally send Chastiefol towards the other half of the country to attack and also to see what is happening in that place (it's like sending a drone with a video camera XD)

His feats with 4 forms were already impressive, I was kinda confused why he wasnt doing the same against DK, but now it's clear why. He had to give 100% of his forms.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I like this, it explains why he wasn't using more than one form against the DK and also makes him look less overpowered (still pretty overpowered though) and puts limits to what he can do.

If only Nakaba cared to put this kind of detailed explanations in the manga in the first place and not leave the vast majority of the things he puts unexplained or with little explanations, I'm sure we would have much less trouble keeping up with the things he pulls overall. I'm sure that just like this Q/A, there's a lot of information that we still don't know about the different abilities of the characters and that we should know at this point of the story.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
- While he was flying to Camelot, against Original Demon and Zeldris he only used one form (Chastiefol and later Guardian)
You missed out on Sunflower against sinner and increase against zeldris...

If anything..this Q&A shows how much Magic reserve King has now..and it's huge...He had strength to hold against Zel's attack at his full demonic mark who was going all out in chp 299 (zel would've been 150k at least) with his pollen garden when his magic was depleted after flying through about 300+kms*, all the while draining his magic continuously at enormous rate and volume as king mentions..

*you can calculate the distance somewhat from where he started from ch286 cover page and previous distance between cities data

Yeah, mainly because he is already too powerful. He can literally send Chastiefol towards the other half of the country to attack and also to see what is happening in that place (it's like sending a drone with a video camera XD)
with nukes on it..lol

Last edited:

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
You missed out on Sunflower against sinner and increase against zeldris...
fixed, thank you.
He has so many forms I can easily forget about something XD

The funny fact here is that King has only used 8/10 forms on the story. We still dont know what 9th and 10th forms do exactly.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

*you can calculate the distance somewhat from where he started from ch286 cover page and previous distance between cities data
I actually did long ago.

This is approx. of course, but recently I heard that Britannia on NNT is twice the size of United Kingdom, but I dont have source of that.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I actually did long ago.

This is approx. of course, but recently I heard that Britannia on NNT is twice the size of United Kingdom, but I dont have source of that.
.Leave it another King fan to do this!..lol..so 400+ huh..damn..

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
This kind of does nerf King to a certain extent even though he's still top tier and explains why he only used one form against the Demon King. If he used four, then he would've done even less damage.