Semifinal - Kouka (Gintama) vs. 2B | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Kouka (Gintama) vs. 2B

Who wins?

• Kouka

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • 2B

Votes: 26 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

wiki

Personnality :

Kouka appears cold at first, acting rather hostile to Umibouzu when they first met, ignoring Umibouzu's pursuit and attacking him when he sexually harassed her without looking in his direction. She also seems to be expressionless, possibly due to years of living in solitude.
She also has a terrifying side and Umibouzu fears her greatly. Mutsu describes their domestic situation as "the strongest man in the universe becomes the weakest at home." Umibouzu and Kamui are shown fleeing from Kouka in a flashback. However Kouka also loves her family very much, even willing to risk her life to stay by their side despite knowing that it will eventually cause her death.

Story :

Kouka appeared when Umibouzu was in the midst of fighting Orochi, defeating the creature with ease. Before she left the lovestruck man, Kouka corrected his thinking by stating how Kouan was still thriving and that he should not measure the planet by his own standards. She then told Umibouzu to leave and not disturb Orochi that went aggressive due to his intrusion. She then attempt to quieten the creature down, which went on for three days and nights with Umibouzu by her side throughout. After exchanging words, Kouka introduced herself and welcomed the man back at any time as he wished. From then on they started having frequent interactions, and Kouka started developing feelings for Umibouzu. She eventually decided to follow him and left Kouan to start a family together.

Kouka led a normal life taking care of her family after settling down on Rakuyou. However her health deteriorated after giving birth to Kagura and she became bedridden since. It was also revealed that the Yato family was ostracised by the Rakuyou residents as a result of her failing health. Despite knowing her inevitable death, Kouka did not regret her decision to leave Kouan and expressed her wishes to be with her family till the end. Kouka's condition worsened after witnessing the confrontation between her husband and son, with the latter leaving home as a result of losing. Before drawing her last breath, she envisioned her whole family being by her side and was glad at how they could finally visit the Earth together.

Kouka later appeared again as Kamui's illusion while he lie on Kagura's lap after his defeat.

some thoughts

Qualities :
Yeah, kouka is not a goddess ( by its very definition "goddesss" means or refers to perfection, and to an ultimate being), she's not perfect, far from it, but thats what makes her even more interesting.
I'm copying what i wrote about perfection in the previous husbando wars :

"Personally I don’t have any specific standards when it come to "husbando" thing, IRL I dont look for any idealised kind of person. And i’m not naïve enough to think of love in an idyllic way. Also I’m far to be perfect so I obviously don’t have that much expectations about that. Perfection doesnt exist to begin with, and perfection is boring. Quoting a comment about imperfections of the teacher of some classical music course Im taking about "vibrato" :

"how the tempo slows down and then speeds back up here and there. And again, notice how these slight imperfections, create expression in music. This is how a great performer communicates emotion to us ! "

Yes Marian is not flawless, but those few flaws of his are minors and are not at all disqualifying him for the best husbando title. On the contrary, minors flaws are what makes people, human."

That goes for waifu, too, ofc. So yeah if you're just some normal human being with great qualities & with your imperfections that makes you human, you would love someone to accept you like you are, i guess. So why would you expect perfection from your partner/waifu ?

Actually she didnt fall in love with Kankou at 1st sight, he did. but she was very cold towards him at 1st, she wouldnt even look at him, but she gradually get interested in him and eventually fell in love with him.
Let's focus on her husband. Kankou is a strong man, indeed, but she's possibly stronger than him. He was not introduced to her in his best light, he's neither the smartest guy around, nor he is handsome, he's not bad, thats not it but, there was nothing particulary outstanding in him, except him loving her deeply and being persistent. Kouka still fell in love with him, so that proves how much she's never been interested in a man's physical appearance, in his material condition or in his strenght or anything, she's not relying on anything, she's not looking for the perfect guy. She's just a fine woman who just looked at his feelings.

Kouka was living on her own, its when you lack something that you realize how much those things iare important for you, Lacking of a family, she was ready to sacrifice everything just to get some love and a warm home, and because she was lonely she cherished more than everyone her family, she was a caring waifu and a loving mother but was still a strong, warrior with an impressive personnality .

Appearance :
Kouka's a lovely and legendary redhaired, best characters are often red-haired
(in manga/anime tropes, redhaired characters are usually strong, smart, and have usually a great personnality.) 2B is incredibly gorgeous, despite her android nature, but kouka is an amazing beauty too. :zomg

my video campaigns
Links are provided in case it doesnt work when embedded

Music : Track from HxH2011 : Ginpatsu no Shonen - by Yoshihisa Hirano
Code:
https://streamable.com/9wuda
Music : Track from FMA 2003 : Bratja (brothers) by Anastasia & Veronika Golovina
Code:
https://streamable.com/p8iep
Music : Insert song from Made in Abyss : Hanezeve Caradhina - by Kenvin Penkin /Takeshi Saito
Code:
https://streamable.com/dbtqx

Kouka is praised everywhere ♥

koukabeing praised in other mangas ;)
Kouka x Kouka

Red Line- Koukayashi :errr

Shokugeki no Kouka

Kouka's no Neverland

youtube extract
Part1 - meeting

Part2- Happy family life

Part3 - Conclusion

+ campaign posts :
post 1

post 2

Post 3

So please vote for Kouka ♥

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
A great mother, caring person, strong and inteligent fighter, or a robot with nothing but a nice ass :lambirb , pretty clear kouka is best waifu.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Yup, I’ve been voting 2B based pretty much on her looks (and last round on the fact that she could satisfy both/all areas of my sexuality). But she’s up against a character I truly like this round, and at that one which is actually a fantastic choice of waifu.

I read back on the campaigning for 2B, didn’t just wanna insta-vote (especially after supporting her this far), but despite a good campaign I wasn’t convinced. Also @Erinyes runs a great campaign. Kouka it is. Easy choice tbh.

(Also, even if they were tied on all other points, red hair > nice ass. Had to be said.)

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
A great mother, caring person, strong and inteligent fighter, or a robot with nothing but a nice ass :lambirb , pretty clear kouka is best waifu.
Yup, I’ve been voting 2B based pretty much on her looks (and last round on the fact that she could satisfy both/all areas of my sexuality). But she’s up against a character I truly like this round, and at that one which is actually a fantastic choice of waifu.

I read back on the campaigning for 2B, didn’t just wanna insta-vote (especially after supporting her this far), but despite a good campaign I wasn’t convinced. Also @Erinyes runs a great campaign. Kouka it is. Easy choice tbh.

(Also, even if they were tied on all other points, red hair > nice ass. Had to be said.)

Thanks so so so much for the support Orga-kun & Bat-kun :zomg that makes me so so so happy (and yes Redhaired chars are the best ♥)

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well I can't really say anything against Kouka, but saying 2B is nothing but a robot with a nice ass... that almost triggered me, but then I saw it was just Battou :lambirb

Obviously I can't compare in the face of Erin's crazy campaign, that's just impossible :XD And I had a really long day at work, so I'm honestly not in the mood to write anything elaborate now, but at least I will link you guys to earlier campaign posts.

1. Short appetizer

2. Introduction and other stuff

3. Silly Good Arguments

4. Sophisticated Strategy

I know it's not exactly an amazing amount, so it's time for some more great art :arf

Without spoiling much I can say that this is obviously her potential love interest. Can you see that heartfelt smile and these sincere tears? Top-class waifu material right there :mono

As you can see, she would make a great maid too, if that's what you're into. She takes work seriously and would do a great job. Granted, she might drag you into helping her, but I daresay that's only fair. We're asking for a waifu here, not a slave.

And ofc the obligatory she's strong and sexy :blush

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well I can't really say anything against Kouka, but saying 2B is nothing but a robot with a nice ass... that almost triggered me, but then I saw it was just Battou :lambirb

Obviously I can't compare in the face of Erin's crazy campaign, that's just impossible :XD And I had a really long day at work, so I'm honestly not in the mood to write anything elaborate now, but at least I will link you guys to earlier campaign posts.

1. Short appetizer

2. Introduction and other stuff

3. Silly Good Arguments

4. Sophisticated Strategy

I know it's not exactly an amazing amount, so it's time for some more great art :arf

Without spoiling much I can say that this is obviously her potential love interest. Can you see that heartfelt smile and these sincere tears? Top-class waifu material right there :mono

As you can see, she would make a great maid too, if that's what you're into. She takes work seriously and would do a great job. Granted, she might drag you into helping her, but I daresay that's only fair. We're asking for a waifu here, not a slave.

And ofc the obligatory she's strong and sexy :blush

I hate so much to have to be against an estimated friend, and a fierce opponent,

You re wrong, Nii-kun, from the very beginning of the contest ; i kept facing strong opponents and great campaign makers. Each time, i barely made it (against Kuchia, Erina, Akari, Bisha and now, you) while my oppenents were not even, (except Erina maybe) some uber popular characters and while i started my campaign, before votings even starts
I have to admit i m at short of ideas, i have not so much material at hand and l already made use of the most of i could. the results are not reflecting the amount of work i spent on it, sadly
Things ended up way harder than expected (not that i expected i would sit on my hands though. :arf )

but i ll keeping giving my best, im fine if i have to lose against you !

Kouka is a strong fighter too, possibly stronger than Kankou. :zomg

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Spoken like a sad soul who has never played nier automata. The game is so ridiculously filled with symbolism and layers that even suggesting a character can be a simple thing is ludicrous.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is tough. Erin is the ultimate campaigner, and I respect the hell out of that, but I owe 2B and @niichan for avenging LLENN. Also that fanart IS really sexy.

Sorry Erin, +1 for the Booty Bot

Reactions: Nii

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Jammin you're truly salty that I Won :lambirb

Also @niichan just an advice form a fellow nier fan, go into spoilers territory or you will lose this round probably.
Also in ffbe 2B is my main unit for a year and she still is( she was a limited time only, but there's a rumor nier automata collabe will be back sometime ) so here

Never forget the pat

there obviously A2 too but I wasn't able to get her :emobirb but hey at least I have 3 best boi 9S

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Asako

I dont know the game but why are those swords rubbing her ass (dont know whats happening, but thats how it looks, at least, from a non player perpective i guess), its... well ...:twitch

edit :
@Asako forget about the question just found out her swords are floating, its just the sight angle , my bad, baka me :shootme sorry for the stupid question

............................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I hate so much to have to be against an estimated friend, and a fierce opponent,

You re wrong, Nii-kun, from the very beginning of the contest ; i kept facing strong opponents and great campaign makers. Each time, i barely made it (against Kuchia, Erina, Akari, Bisha and now, you) while my oppenents were not even, (except Erina maybe) some uber popular characters and while i started my campaign, before votings even starts
I have to admit i m at short of ideas, i have not so much material at hand and l already made use of the most of i could. the results are not reflecting the amount of work i spent on it, sadly
Things ended up way harder than expected (not that i expected i would sit on my hands though. :arf )

but i ll keeping giving my best, im fine if i have to lose against you !

Kouka is a strong fighter too, possibly stronger than Kankou. :zomg

Well tbh it doesn't really matter what's popular (though ofc it might give you an advantage) because what matters is how popular the char is among the people who vote. And that's such a small group, relatively-speaking, that less known charas have a good chance to come far. Oscar making it that far is prove of that, though I'm sure campaigning always plays a part, too.
Was just saying that your dedication and spirit are something else, really. No one else can compare to that in this event, and you deserve respect for the time you're willing to put in. You're just too nice to admit that you've been doing a great job so far :blush

If there's anyone I wouldn't really mind losing to, it's Kouka, but ofc I still want my waifu to win :p You give it your best shot and I will do the same, too. We don't need salt here :arf

Jammin you're truly salty that I Won :lambirb

Also @niichan just an advice form a fellow nier fan, go into spoilers territory or you will lose this round probably.
Also in ffbe 2B is my main unit for a year and she still is( she was a limited time only, but there's a rumor nier automata collabe will be back sometime ) so here
[/SPOILER]
Well tbh I don't think campaigning will matter that much at this point, most guys/girls have their favs by now and know enough to say who's better in their eyes. And I don't really wanna go into spoiler territory that much, because personally I hate getting spoiled about characters and the story (no matter if game/manga/whatever). If I lose, it's okay with me. Then I will make Kouka win this event :lambirb And hopefully I made some of you here curious about Nier, so even if there's only one guy or girl giving the game a chance that's plenty for me.

But ofc I still want to win :awe
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
While I'm at it, let me share a trailer I consider pretty good. Ofc some spoilers, but without context they won't tell you much.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
The thing about 2B is that many voters dunno Nier Automata and it's unrealistic to think that a good part of those will acquire and play a relevant part of the game before the event ends and with the spoiler issue... it indeed does becomes basically a bot with a butt in a rough way, we can't know much more, in substance. I dont mean to tease people, but look at it our way... (evidence is there, the majority of voters that posted claimed to either know her and/or consider her very hot). So between a situation like that and a beautifully portraited waifu (that I followed in first hand, since round one), I'll go with the latter, Kouka.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The thing about 2B is that many voters dunno Nier Automata and it's unrealistic to think that a good part of those will acquire and play a relevant part of the game before the event ends and with the spoiler issue... it indeed does becomes basically a bot with a butt in a rough way, we can't know much more, in substance. I dont mean to tease people, but look at it our way... (evidence is there, the majority of voters that posted claimed to either know her and/or consider her very hot). So between a situation like that and a beautifully portraited waifu (that I followed in first hand, since round one), I'll go with the latter, Kouka.
Thxs a lot Farf-chan for your support, thats so so so sweet ♥ :zomg

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Eh, that's just a moot point because from my impression most people here don't know Kouka either. Neither Kouka nor 2B are so popular that they would get a lot of votes because they're a known face. It comes down to who you prefer, the campaign, and the nominator. I've said a number of things about 2B, so calling her a robot with a nice butt is just offensive bait, there's no logical explanation why it's fine to call her that. But I know Battou means no harm and he likes Gintama a lot, so it's cool :nod

Some more pics:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
and with the spoiler issue
can't know much more, in substance
:cookiehand

So that comparation is off. I didn't feel the same about Kouka, imo Erin provided a lot of info/descriptions and material (pages) on her since the start (which is also naturally concise since it comes from a minor character with a smaller participation in the series), I have a much better picture of who Kouka is and I've said alrdy I liked what I saw.

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I feel we don't know enough about Kouka to really make her interesting, or waifu material (to me, at least, waifu is much more than just looks).
Also, I don't like woman that smokes.

And 2B was just so interesting in Nier. She's much more than what people think of her (a robot with a nice ass) and anyone that played the game would understand. So, I'm voting for her.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fair enough Farfs

Anyway, I finally have some time on my hands, so this will prolly be my last big campaign post. Will try to tackle some issues people mentioned.

As I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts, 2B is, in a way, shackled by the world she lives in. She wants to fulfill her duty: Protecting Humankind. Not just her, every android was created to protect humanity, but she's part of a unit that puts very strong emphasis on that.

So what does that mean? They're not supposed to show emotions, much less act on them. Protection of humanity is the utmost priority, so whatever they have to do towards that goal is fine and acceptable. No matter what that may be. You can probably see where I'm going with this probably, but yeah, of course there are a number of not so nice things they are willing to do.

2B listens to orders and follows them strictly, but even though she tries her hardest to ignore them, she questions their purpose. She wants to put her eyes away from her feelings, yet she can't help but act on them at times. It's a really big dilemma for a YorHa android. They see themselves as inferior creatures (below humans), who deserve nothing but destruction if they don't follow their purpose. Personal happiness is something they deny themselves by nature, so 2B feels very very conflicted about this.

In a sense, she feels like the weight of her purpose is crushing her. She was created for one grand purpose, to protect humanity, and that's what she wants to fulfill. On the other hand she wants some small personal happiness, which she absolutely isn't allowed to have.

Still, she's able to push on. She actually allowes herself some small happiness, even if it's very small. She tries to make the best of her situation and never stops fighting, no matter what the world throws at her. If you want a more general comparison, it's like some secluded village girl was put on a throne and was told to fix the country's problems. She wants to help the country and she knows it's what she has to do, but if she really had a choice, she would rather run away, ignoring those immensely big problems and living her quiet life.

Of course 2B is hiding those feelings behind her mask, acting somewhat cold and indifferent towards her fellow androids. It's her way to cope with the situation, but you can also see how she really feels at times.

Ofc what helps her is 9S, a scouter android that supports her in most fights and on every mission she receives. He's a big emotional support for her, even though she wouldn't outright admit it. They're an interesting duo, and they really grow on you.
Naturally their relationship changes with time, but it's never quite as easy or simple as things seem (basically a trademark of the whole Nier franchise lol).

Be that as it may, they both have some really adorable or funny interactions over the course of the game, and 2B naturally starts to be a bit more open about her fellings.

What I personally like about her is exactly this multi-layered characteristic. On the one hand she wants to protect humanity and is a weapon meant to fight for their sake as much as possibe, and on the other hand she's just this kind but strong girl who simply wishes for a few happy moments. She wants both and feels overwhelmed by that conflict, yet continues on and never stops giving her all, no matter what happens. And I can really appreciate both aspects.

Of course there's the general "She's sweet and cute and badass and etc etc" but you hear that all the time, so I won't go there :XD I hope that helped some of you to understand who she is and why I nominated her.

___________________________________________________________________________________

And I know I already posted a damn lot of pics, but you can never have enough, so feel free to take a look if you're interested :p

Status
Not open for further replies.