First Round - Kuroko no Basket vs. Made in Abyss | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Kuroko no Basket vs. Made in Abyss

Who wins?

• Kuroko no Basket

• Made in Abyss

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think I will vote for MIA its world looks interesting but I could have voted for KNB it is great sports manga but I see it has 1 mistake and it is the Zone it looks like it gives superpower which I think it is a big mistake in a sports manga it is true that there emperor eye but the author introduced the Zone so the MC can win .

But I still recommend people to read or watch it.:verily
You didn't really read my posts did you :(

One of Kuroku no Basket's best aspects is that despite its flashy appearance, all of the powers and techniques used are actually grounded in reality. The Zone is a word for the peak physical state that many athletes find themselves in.

Mariyan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
KNB isnot just a sport manga but also a psychological one. the main characters in this series all have their personal problem and when i read it i had the feeling that every one of us might encounter problems like those in our personal and social life. i did really enjoyed it and recommend it to all of you :)

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Made up my mind, voting KnB. Made in Abyss is amazing, but it is still very much incomplete, and you need to wait months for a new chapter. I still gladly wait and read new chapters, one of the mangas I look forward to the most. But comparing it with KnB, which is already finished and is also an amazing manga with many great moments and characters, I have to give my vote to KnB.

And it has one of my top 3 fav characters ever :aomine

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Whoa Spirit you are going all out. MiA is much better IMO, as an anime only viewer I think KnB became less good starting from S2 when the abilities became too much IMO, it has a strong cast(the GoM guys and some other) but Kagami was rather boring.

I like MiA better, but I will consider voting for KnB because of your campaign.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks for considering :)

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
KnB easy i remember watching made in abyss and being bored to death

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
KnB easy i remember watching made in abyss and being bored to death
If you were bored through the infamous arm scene... you are a harder person than I.

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
yep always hard person sometimes too hard
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
people found all these characters amazing like this orochimaru wannabe or that tall black white woman, but it just looked to blend, def not gonna waste my time on s2 if it ever comes out
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Thanks @WithYouInSpirit that was a beautiful campaign

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well sadly I don't have the time to campaign like wyis :( mb I can squeeze in another campaign post tomorrow, but not sure yet.

Made up my mind, voting KnB. Made in Abyss is amazing, but it is still very much incomplete, and you need to wait months for a new chapter. I still gladly wait and read new chapters, one of the mangas I look forward to the most. But comparing it with KnB, which is already finished and is also an amazing manga with many great moments and characters, I have to give my vote to KnB.

And it has one of my top 3 fav characters ever :aomine
oh come on, just admit you voted solely because of Aomine :aomine

I think I will vote for MIA its world looks interesting but I could have voted for KNB it is great sports manga but I see it has 1 mistake and it is the Zone it looks like it gives superpower which I think it is a big mistake in a sports manga it is true that there emperor eye but the author introduced the Zone so the MC can win .

But I still recommend people to read or watch it.:verily
Yeah looking for realism in KnB is pointless, there's even a Zone beyond the Zone... still entertaining though.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah looking for realism in KnB is pointless, there's even a Zone beyond the Zone... still entertaining though.
The manga does go to lengths in order to outline the fact that most of the plays and moves you see in Kuroko no Basket are based on real NBA Players and their moves. For example, these moves:

As for the Zone beyond the Zone, Aomine himself even admits that the whole setup we see is just the mental image of what makes sense to him.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Settled on KNB mainly due to Spirit's campaign.

Really hard choice though.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Voting for KnB as well :super

Status
Not open for further replies.