Round of 16 - Laxus vs Gray | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Laxus vs Gray

Who advances?

• Laxus

Votes: 67 77.0%
  • Gray

Votes: 20 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Damn, rough first round.
Laxus wins, Gray puts up a good fight but in the imo the only advantage he has over Laxus is intelligence, it'd keep Laxus off his game for a while but i dont think it'd be enough to put him down and keep him there.

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
No, that's his "Kamui" - his armor that freezes anything it touches. It was never stated nor hinted that he is a demon. He is just a human.
I remember he called it demon in the manga but the wiki say's it's "unholy" so maybe it was a mistranslation on the translator's part.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I remember he called it demon in the manga but the wiki say's it's "unholy" so maybe it was a mistranslation on the translator's part.
Demon or not, it was about armor. Demon armor is not demon itself.
And also demon or not this armor, it is still ice and ice doesn't work on Gray, even if it can freeze reality itself:cheez

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think the demon reference is only about the Kamui...

So I guess the argument can be made that Invel's Kamui was wrekt easier because Gray is a devil slayer. It also helps that the element is ice...

But, Gray is superior regardless imo.
I still think Invel is more powerful. His ice nearly froze Gray solid, and it did freeze Natsu solid. He enslaved Gray and Juvia and didn't even have to lift his hand before they were "an hero"-ing. Gray just had the power of friendship.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's pretty clear Laxus wins this one imo. I'd say it's mid diff at worst for Laxus, he's just got too much power for Gray to compete with as well as speed.

Yeah, Invel uses True Ice Kamui and says it's demonic ice that freezes anyone that touches it (going from the official translation).

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
As far as the demonic armour goes, I see it like this. The armour is demonic so Gray has an easier time breaking it because of his devil slaying advantage. Invel himself is not demonic, so Gray's devil slaying magic does not do extra damage against him.

Manga > Wiki. Wiki isn't an official source of information. It's fans putting together articles

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hurts me a bit, but I'd have to say Laxus with difficulty. Gray just doesn't have the firepower or durability to stand against Laxus or his lightning attacks, and it took a combined power of Gajeel and Natsu to beat Laxus. Even when he was poisoned, Laxus still managed to take down a Spriggan.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Have to admit Gray's last performances were praiseworthy:
> Knocking out Invel with a hole through left side of his abdomen
> Keeping up with partial END!Natsu
> Trying to Lost Iced Shell Zeref (even though Brandish healed him.. but she said the fatigue was not completely gone immediately)

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

What a great first round for the main man. Flawless victory boys

In Gray's wildest dreams he takes it to mid diff but even then he better be at the top of his game or he'll get Tempesta'd.

What more must I say that hasn't been said already? Does Mashima have to repeat what he said that sometimes he has no idea how to incorporate Laxus into the story because he fodderizes everything in sight? Do I have to recount how many advantages a mid tier spriggan needed to duke it out with him for a bit?

Laxus is the protector of the guild. Since his return that is what he is constantly doing. A protector must be strong enough to defend those under his wing, and that he is.

Gray's a nice fellow
If a bit mellow
His pee is yellow

But he gets beat the fuck up.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'll agree with Jean Grey here. Gray puts up a really decent fight against Laxus. I'd say high diff, mid diff is possible, but low diff?Nahh.
Thiough ultimately that's obvious Laxus is the winner.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Gray was fighting Par against Natsu who stomped Dimaria(stomping Dimaria is comparable to one-shotting Ajeel)

End/Natsu---->Laxus

Gray can fight egually against Natsu and lets be real here Devil Slaying Magic has no advantage against Natsu because he is main character believe or not..

this is either Draw or Extreme-difficulty victory to Gray

Last edited:

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus high/extreme-diffs FDKM Natsu. FDKM Natsu mid/high-diffs Gray.

Laxus mid-diff.

LayKuS

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Laxus high/extreme-diffs FDKM Natsu. FDKM Natsu mid/high-diffs Gray.

Laxus mid-diff.
Ok, you lost me here, are you saying that Laxus can beat FDKM Natsu? Because if that's it, you sir lost your mind. Do i need to say, if Happy did not have stopped him, Natsu would have vaporized Zeref, and Zeref>>>Laxus.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
How the hell did Natsu come up here and why is he relevant?

Anyway, I think the biggest problem for Gray here is Laxus' speed, Gray did blitz Invel, but Laxus produced afterimages against Wahl and Zeref hyped him to be around Jellal's level of speed. I've settled on him giving Laxus a high-diff match, his intelligence and power should keep him in for a while, but eventually Laxus is going to hit him.

The only thing in Gray's arsenal that might cause Laxus some grief is his Destruction Fist, though I'm sure Laxus could deal with it via dodging if he can't tank it (which he should be able to, at least once anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.