Predictions - Let's Talk about Kiane's Children... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Let's Talk about Kiane's Children...

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Most of y'all know me. Y'all know who I stan for. I'm a King guy. He's the only reason I'm still into this series.

With the recent reveal of the 4th Knight, Gawain, and the 0% chance she's related to him and Diane, I felt the need to create a coping prediction thread around the potential relevancy of their children in relation to the series.

Unlike a few of you who believe their kids don't need to be/won't be relevant (or strong), this is one of the last areas where I'm willing to give Nakaba the benefit of the doubt.

I find it hard to believe that Nakaba would leave their children out in the rain to an extreme extent and not give them any sort of purpose in this new series. While it's clear they aren't going to be among the chosen 4, the fact that they've been kept close to Nakaba's chest makes me think they are going to be important in some form or fashion. I refuse to believe that Nakaba, who treated King extremely well in the previous series, is going to let them slide by without getting anything.

So yeah, what do y'all think? Has my bias gone unchecked? Do I need to refill my canister of copium?

P.S. I refuse to accept the idea that Isolde us one of their kids.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
LOL I don't think they will be unimportant in the grand scheme of things. The only things we know is that they had one before Tristan's first birthday, that one of them is a girl and that they have multiple children right?(From the Tristan movie preview IIRC).

As for strength, how strong? They can be strong, but I don't think there will be several allies at the level of the KoA who are pretty much the next Sins.

everythingnice

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I couldn't accept the theory of Isolde being King and Diane's child either before but at this point if I don't understand how any of Diane and King's kids could be relevant in the series power wise (we already have four strongest knights and their minions) then I could understand if Isolde was their daughter because then she could have a kid for Tristan who not only connects Meliodas' family to King's but also is part fairy, giant, goddess, demon, and human (all the five major clans at once).

Gosh, I do feel guilty about typing out what I did but I do not actually have any bigger hope for them. I guess you can lower your expectations and standards. Unless Nakaba makes a brilliant move with their relevant child there is little chance for them to shine. Little, but could still be there, in the worst way possible.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'd like to think their children are playing a part in uniting the fairies and giants. I know Cursed By Light showed how both sides seemed to be peaceful towards each other, but I don't personally think it would be easy to unify the races due to their leaders marriage.

Particularly for the Giants, they've been a savage race since they were created by Chaos and I doubt Diane becoming Queen could change the entire culture of the clan away from a non-suicidal "fight for glory" type mindset.

So, I'd say their children are playing a domestic role in both races (that arguably, might just become a singular clan at this point) if I had to take a guess.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That feels way too small scale. At least, it's too small scale for my taste. Plus Liones and Nacien's home valley implies that the two races have been more than comfortable working together at this point, so it seems unnecessary. However, we do have the other races and realms to deal with...

If one of the children is Galehaut, I'd say they'd be more responsible for bringing all the fantastical races and realms under their leadership. Especially if the implications that the humans and fantasy races are going to split by the series' end pans out.

Aside from being half-giant, Galehaut was known as the "Uncrowned King" and had several lands under his rule before confronting Arthur and joining him. More interestingly, at least from what I read, Lancelot was the link between the two since Galehaut was impressed with him.

That? I'd be fine with. Only issue is it'd leave the other sibling/s with not much to do. Unless they all plan to share responsibility. We'll see.

Anyway, I'd say the options are Galehaut, Bors, Lionel, and, maybe, Titania for their children.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I heavily doubt there is a problem of unity between the two clans. King and Diane have been leaders for 16 years. Not to mention that we see clans getting along everywhere, even in Liones.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I was thinking about something. Was there another character with a name from the Arthurian Legends in Rising Impact? Since Percival, Lancelot, Tristan and Gawain were all there, maybe he'll use the names of these characters?

Was also rereading some chapters and reached the part where Mel said he would have liked to see his kid fight Ban's + King and Diane's reaction. Makes me think that probably one of them with be at their level. I doubt all of them will be that strong but their should be at least one at their level or close to it.

HHellenn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I was thinking about something. Was there another character with a name from the Arthurian Legends in Rising Impact? Since Percival, Lancelot, Tristan and Gawain were all there, maybe he'll use the names of these characters?
Only these four, the others are Merlin, Arthur and Uther.

But he can use characters from Chiguhagu Lovers, because this is the world of Rising Impact many years later. There are Galahad, Mordred, Gareth, Bors, Balin and Morgana.

One4All

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm a Kiane fan especially Diane and I hope we see them in the sequel along with their kids. Diane was so underutilized in the holy war and she rarely gets her moment. I had high hopes for her at the start of the series because she was portrayed as equal to Mel in brute force. It went down the hill when Mel,Ban and King got their major upgrades. Merlin and Escanor was already a powerhouse and Gowther may not be stronger overall but his magic is haxy and difficult to counter. I also can't believe their kid is not even introduced so far. It makes you think that they are just irrelevant characters.

With regards to their kids' power levels, if there's a chance for their kids to be introduced later on, I think atleast one of them will be at KoA level or closer. Just like in the prequel,a lot of characters were at Sins level even though they were not a part of the main cast. Also I think King is closer to Ban's level and Diane is definitely stronger than Elaine,so the combination of Kiane should be equal or stronger than Baine plus their advantage as Giant/Fairy. Imagine infinite MP through Drole's dance amplifying a sacred tree power.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'm a Kiane fan especially Diane and I hope we see them in the sequel along with their kids. Diane was so underutilized in the holy war and she rarely gets her moment. I had high hopes for her at the start of the series because she was portrayed as equal to Mel in brute force. It went down the hill when Mel,Ban and King got their major upgrades. Merlin and Escanor was already a powerhouse and Gowther may not be stronger overall but his magic is haxy and difficult to counter. I also can't believe their kid is not even introduced so far. It makes you think that they are just irrelevant characters.

With regards to their kids' power levels, if there's a chance for their kids to be introduced later on, I think atleast one of them will be at KoA level or closer. Just like in the prequel,a lot of characters were at Sins level even though they were not a part of the main cast. Also I think King is closer to Ban's level and Diane is definitely stronger than Elaine,so the combination of Kiane should be equal or stronger than Baine plus their advantage as Giant/Fairy. Imagine infinite MP through Drole's dance amplifying a sacred tree power.
I would like to think Kiane's child is being kept behind for a good reason. Or perhaps, they're just not ready to be introduced yet.

As for Diane, yeah, she's easily the worst sin in terms of treatment. She became bland after Part 1 but remained interesting because of her backstory and the flashback arc. But after that.. it went downhill completely. After becoming King's girlfriend she's just constantly being saved by him. The only times she does anything towards the end of the series is when fighting Mael and removing the lake against DK. Other than that, she's pretty irrelevant.

Power wise she's barely above commandment tier and has the most boring type of magic possible since creation is never expanded on besides the platitudes of throwing rocks at the villain.

Giants as a whole are also the most neglected race. They're the only ones to not have a God, and were deemed as a failure by Chaos. Diane becoming Queen of the most undeveloped and uninteresting race didn't help her much either when she didn't earn it like King, or Zeldris.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If Diane gets to fight now there is no way she is going to look like a "barely Commandment tier" fighter. In the last movie all the Sins were able to take the SD's attack head on. Plus now Nakaba isn't highlighting Power Levels.

Anyway, what do you think of the fact that the fat Fairy from Grudge of Edinburgh's name hasn't been revealed?

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
If Diane gets to fight now there is no way she is going to look like a "barely Commandment tier" fighter. In the last movie all the Sins were able to take the SD's attack head on. Plus now Nakaba isn't highlighting Power Levels.
I honestly can't with that movie it's the worst thing I've ever seen the writing is beyond garbage tier.

The Supreme Deity nuked Liones with a God Thunder, killed all of her soldiers yet apparently was unable to even scratch the likes of Gilthunder, Griamore, Jericho, Guila & Howzer who were standing in the very same vicinity as those Goddess soldiers.

And as we've had Howzer's confirmed PL in the sequel being around 8,000 - there's no possible way those five would have a PL greater than this. So essentially, one of the Gods who was hyped to have immeasurable power, who killed her daughter and Mel at the peak of their power before the 3000 year timeskip, gave Escanor the power to equal the Demon King, gave every archangel their powers, etc etc - was unable to even kill, nor fatally wound some humans with a PL comparable to an Albion.

It's bad, really bad. I don't think the sins tanking the SD's attacks is even a feat if Guila can do it LMFAO

Anyway, what do you think of the fact that the fat Fairy from Grudge of Edinburgh's name hasn't been revealed?
I mean Nakaba loved having King go into his fat form every once in a while.... so

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, the lack of this character in the plot is a shame so far. My speculation is that in terms of dark-light balance fairies are closer to the goddess clan and giants are closer to the demon clan... Which would have interesting implications to their kid. In terms of potential if he is talented he could be incredibly powerful. As a child of a giant he wouldn't necessarily inherit disaster but rather creation... We know from dolor-gloxinia and king-diane that disaster and creation are quite complementary. However this is technically a combination of the sacred tree, kind's disaster and creation. The best the kid could do is a combination of the sacred tree and creation.

I suppose it's possible he eventually joins percy's posse rather than the four knights though.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
My speculation is that in terms of dark-light balance fairies are closer to the goddess clan
I mean it was practically confirmed by the Supreme Deity when she commented on how the Sacred Tree's magic is far too similar to her own. Whilst the Goddesses are the purest light-based creatures around, I would also call Fairies ''light-based'' creatures are well given how their magic is eerily similar to the goddesses, like with how King can manipulate water to the ocean grace, or how Elaine uses winds like the tornado grace.

giants are closer to the demon clan..
Creation is an elemental power, which considering how water/fire/wind are used by the light-based creatures of the Goddess & Fairy races, highly suggests the Giant race are also ''light'' based creatures. They're more savage than the other two but I don't think it makes them closer to the demon race necessarily.

As a child of a giant he wouldn't necessarily inherit disaster but rather creation... We know from dolor-gloxinia and king-diane that disaster and creation are quite complementary. However this is technically a combination of the sacred tree, kind's disaster and creation. The best the kid could do is a combination of the sacred tree and creation.
I don't even know if King & Diane's child could even use any of the magic that we've seen King use, since his magic was stronger than anyone else in the clan because of the Sacred Tree purposefully funding him more power than everyone else. Since their child isn't born to be a Fairy King, then the Sacred Tree would give him/her less magic to work with, since we know the Godly tree is the source of every Fairies magic.

So forget about disaster or a spirit spear (inb4 Nakaba retcons the Sacred Tree's lore) lol

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I mean it was practically confirmed by the Supreme Deity when she commented on how the Sacred Tree's magic is far too similar to her own. Whilst the Goddesses are the purest light-based creatures around, I would also call Fairies ''light-based'' creatures are well given how their magic is eerily similar to the goddesses, like with how King can manipulate water to the ocean grace, or how Elaine uses winds like the tornado grace.

Creation is an elemental power, which considering how water/fire/wind are used by the light-based creatures of the Goddess & Fairy races, highly suggests the Giant race are also ''light'' based creatures. They're more savage than the other two but I don't think it makes them closer to the demon race necessarily.

I don't even know if King & Diane's child could even use any of the magic that we've seen King use, since his magic was stronger than anyone else in the clan because of the Sacred Tree purposefully funding him more power than everyone else. Since their child isn't born to be a Fairy King, then the Sacred Tree would give him/her less magic to work with, since we know the Godly tree is the source of every Fairies magic.

So forget about disaster or a spirit spear (inb4 Nakaba retcons the Sacred Tree's lore) lol
Mm, when did the supreme deity confirm anything?

I think the savagery that characterizes giants is more telling of their nature. As far as I can tell there's no correlation between goddesses and elements. You have the graces but those were actual chunks of the supreme deity granted onto her minions. Fairies only have light based abilities otherwise.

I would think this hybrid would likely have a connection to the sacred tree. All fairies can draw from the sacred tree as far as I can tell, though to different capacity. I think this is more of an issue regarding a fairies unique capacity to draw power rather than the tree giving more or less power to someone. King can handle a near godly amount of power from the tree but hellbram nearly came apart from a few dozen holy knights (though he initially struggled with even his true spear)... What is unique to the fairy kings and perhaps granted to them by the tree is disaster which makes the tree a uniquely deadly weapon.

Tristan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Elaine said in the Oneshot that Lancelot is being mistaken for a girl because he's so cute like his "cousin". None of those little fairies fits Elaine's description I would say.
I still believe that Isolde is the closest character introduced so far to being Diane and King's child.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Elaine said in the Oneshot that Lancelot is being mistaken for a girl because he's so cute like his "cousin". None of those little fairies fits Elaine's description I would say.
I still believe that Isolde is the closest character introduced so far to being Diane and King's child.
Apparently it was a misunderstanding. It was in the early spoilers but in the translated chapter there is no such thing.

Mm, when did the supreme deity confirm anything?ii

I think the savagery that characterizes giants is more telling of their nature. As far as I can tell there's no correlation between goddesses and elements. You have the graces but those were actual chunks of the supreme deity granted onto her minions. Fairies only have light based abilities otherwise.

I would think this hybrid would likely have a connection to the sacred tree. All fairies can draw from the sacred tree as far as I can tell, though to different capacity. I think this is more of an issue regarding a fairies unique capacity to draw power rather than the tree giving more or less power to someone. King can handle a near godly amount of power from the tree but hellbram nearly came apart from a few dozen holy knights (though he initially struggled with even his true spear)... What is unique to the fairy kings and perhaps granted to them by the tree is disaster which makes the tree a uniquely deadly weapon.
In Cursed by Light(canon movie) the SD said that her and King's Magics were similar. I don't think it confirms anything but I thought Fairies were closer to light and Giants to darkness. For some reason a lot of fans believe this as well. I thought it had been confirmed even.

I agree that elements aren't tied to Goddesses.

• Fire: Hellblaze for Demons, Cain and Pellegarde.
  • Wind: Howzer, Elaine.
  • Lightning: Gilthunder and Zaratras.
  • Earth: Giants.
  • Ice: Jericho, Gustaf.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Apparently it was a misunderstanding. It was in the early spoilers but in the translated chapter there is no such thing.

In Cursed by Light(canon movie) the SD said that her and King's Magics were similar. I don't think it confirms anything but I thought Fairies were closer to light and Giants to darkness. For some reason a lot of fans believe this as well. I thought it had been confirmed even.

I agree that elements aren't tied to Goddesses.

• Fire: Hellblaze for Demons, Cain and Pellegarde.
  • Wind: Howzer, Elaine.
  • Lightning: Gilthunder and Zaratras.
  • Earth: Giants.
  • Ice: Jericho, Gustaf.
AH, I see. I haven't seen that movie, forgot it was even a thing. Setting aside that anime is just in general cheap garbage that generally tries to get away with animating as little as humanly possible, NNT anime is specially garbage.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
AH, I see. I haven't seen that movie, forgot it was even a thing. Setting aside that anime is just in general cheap garbage that generally tries to get away with animating as little as humanly possible, NNT anime is specially garbage.
I haven't watched much after S1 but since it's a movie the animation is at least decent.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I haven't watched much after S1 but since it's a movie the animation is at least decent.
Who knows, though I haven't seen anything from anime which I thought was decent. Maybe the dragon ball movies were decent? But not amazing. I feel like anime is generally so low quality that it's warped people's perspective to the point that actual horseshit passes as decent or even good at least. For instance, I still remember the zoro vs kamazo fight which got everyone hyped up in the anime. It was visual diarrhea that with no redeemable features that basically spat on the manga. And this is the actual best the OP anime has to offer, the rest is actually substantially worst. That said, I don't hate watch the anime, I occasionally look at videos of the anime and youtube. I wached the first nnt movie but... it was just so uninteresting throughout. I suppose I technically didn't hate it but... it wasn't good.