Lobadon’s Primal Punch vs Kallavan’s Atomic Explosion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Lobadon’s Primal Punch vs Kallavan’s Atomic Explosion

Kiibou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
The punch he threw at Hugo

vs

the punch that wrecked Ha Jinsung.

is there any comparison here? :hmm

NAMELESS

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ha Jinsung>>>Hugo. So assume Kallavan's punch>Lobadon's punch. I'm not saying Kallavan>Lobadon,all i'm saying is that Kallavan punch was more powerfull.

Star builder

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Ha Jinsung>>>Hugo. So assume Kallavan's punch>Lobadon's punch. I'm not saying Kallavan>Lobadon,all i'm saying is that Kallavan punch was more powerfull.
yeah lobadon didnt go all out on hugh

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Atomic Explosion is Kallavan's Transcendental Technique IIRC while Primal Punch(a technique that both Lobadon and Cha use) isn't. So, as a technique, the former should be more powerful, but considering the enormous power gap between Lobadon and Kallavan, Lobadon's PP was probably stronger.

I think Jinsung is probably stronger, but there is no reason to believe he is that much stronger. Excepted against the likes of Pudidy, Jinsung had to rely too much on DTG, his ace in the hole, against opponents which are BH level and above.

Jackjohsnon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's good to mention here, Lobadon's is using an standard punch, without any mention to transcendental or lethal move. I think It would be too imbalanced If Lobadon's regular punch was stronger than a Corps Commander transcendental move.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's good to mention here, Lobadon's is using an standard punch, without any mention to transcendental or lethal move. I think It would be too imbalanced If Lobadon's regular punch was stronger than a Corps Commander transcendental move.
I think he doesn't need to say it, we already know that it's not a Transcendental Technique thanks to Cha. But it should count as a Lethal Move. The difference there is that he held back because he wasn't trying to kill.

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Lobadon’s regular punch destroyed Gir’s spear and tore her arm off too. Girr was on the Po Bidau’s battleship at the end of s2.

i think theres definitely room for his regular punch being > Atomic Explosion.

Jackjohsnon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think he doesn't need to say it, we already know that it's not a Transcendental Technique thanks to Cha. But it should count as a Lethal Move. The difference there is that he held back because he wasn't trying to kill.
Cha's lethal move is called Taerin. If there is no lethal move in the name, It's not a 'lethal move'.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Cha's lethal move is called Taerin. If there is no lethal move in the name, It's not a 'lethal move'.
Isn't it just the technique's name in Korean?

Jackjohsnon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Isn't it just the technique's name in Korean?
Nope. I mean, you know SIU uses those 'lethal/killing move' and 'transcendental skill' right?

Cha's used Primal Punch: Lethal Move - Taerim ( 태초권 살인기 태림 )

It's kinda like you have 'shinsoo control skill - lethal move' before some techniques and only 'shinsoo control skill' before other techniques.

Robadon's punch is surely lethal to most high rankers, but I'm assuming from that's just the standard primal punch and he is not using a 'lethal' or 'transcedent' version. We'll probably have to wait some lore before assuming how is this "Primal" arts works, really. Probably something related to the first man tribes.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nope. I mean, you know SIU uses those 'lethal/killing move' and 'transcendental skill' right?

Cha's used Primal Punch: Lethal Move - Taerim ( 태초권 살인기 태림 )

It's kinda like you have 'shinsoo control skill - lethal move' before some techniques and only 'shinsoo control skill' before other techniques.

Robadon's punch is surely lethal to most high rankers, but I'm assuming from that's just the standard primal punch and he is not using a 'lethal' or 'transcedent' version. We'll probably have to wait some lore before assuming how is this "Primal" arts works, really. Probably something related to the first man tribes.
If it's a standard Primal Punch, doesn't it mean that it's not a normal punch? I don't remember SIU using names for techniques which don't involve Shinsoo excepted for techniques used along with weapons maybe. Just like the Floral Butterfly Technique, it means that there are many variants of the Primal Punch, but the FB technique, even at its most basic is very powerful.

Jackjohsnon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If it's a standard Primal Punch, doesn't it mean that it's not a normal punch? I don't remember SIU using names for techniques which don't involve Shinsoo excepted for techniques used along with weapons maybe. Just like the Floral Butterfly Technique, it means that there are many variants of the Primal Punch, but the FB technique, even at its most basic is very powerful.
Usually, SIU uses text box for named techniques. In Lobadon's case, he never used that. It's a regular punch.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Usually, SIU uses text box for named techniques. In Lobadon's case, he never used that. It's a regular punch.
You say this but the attack is still named Primal Punch so this can't possibly be a normal punch. It doesn't make sense. Maybe SIU simply made a mistake. Because as I said he doesn't use technique names for attacks which don't involve Shinsoo when people are fighting bare handed. Clearly he wanted to establish the link between this move and Cha's.

There is clearly Shinsoo involved. We see the aura around his fist and Hugo even mentions the light.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think anyone in gustang's inner circle will be someone jinsung can take lightly. Odds are lobadon can take out jinsung in one punch if he means to.

Jackjohsnon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
You say this but the attack is still named Primal Punch so this can't possibly be a normal punch. It doesn't make sense. Maybe SIU simply made a mistake. Because as I said he doesn't use technique names for attacks which don't involve Shinsoo when people are fighting bare handed. Clearly he wanted to establish the link between this move and Cha's.

There is clearly Shinsoo involved. We see the aura around his fist and Hugo even mentions the light.
That's probably because Primal Punch is the martial arts name. What I mean is that not every Primal Punch would be taerim. When Cha fought Elbaba, he used Taerim without the "Primal Punch".

Right now I think we go with Primal Punch (regular move) > Primal Punch (killing move) > Primal Punch (transcendent)

Just like he does with shinsoo control skill > Killing Technique > Transcendental Skill

The other option would be that Taerim is a lethal move unrelated to Primal Punch, and Cha was just using the two together. In this case, there is no reason for Robadon not to do the same.

We got this impression because Robadon's punch is superior to most HRs lethal or transcendent skills we've seen.

Big-Bird

Reaction score
Country
French Guiana
Girr was on the Po Bidau’s battleship at the end of s2.
Gir seems to have been fighting Joo for a while off screen, and when we see them again Joo has taken the upper hand and was about to land a direct hit on Gir.
Gir doesn't exceed BH tier, Jinsung would beat her mid diff

Last edited:

NAMELESS

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Atomic Explosion is Kallavan's Transcendental Technique IIRC while Primal Punch(a technique that both Lobadon and Cha use) isn't. So, as a technique, the former should be more powerful, but considering the enormous power gap between Lobadon and Kallavan, Lobadon's PP was probably stronger.

I think Jinsung is probably stronger, but there is no reason to believe he is that much stronger. Excepted against the likes of Pudidy, Jinsung had to rely too much on DTG, his ace in the hole, against opponents which are BH level and above.
yeah,i feel like Jinsung is overrated. The guy probably needs a pu or two to be relevant later on.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
IIRC jinsung was framed as being rusty or something a while back. And tbh he sort of falls short of the hype of a corp commander. Kallavan hard countered him, he had a single trick that worked against dumas and even pudily was able to handle in close quarter combat (jinsung wasn't fully recovered at the time in fairness).

Jackjohsnon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Jinsung is a pretty strong HR. While he is not strong like Robadon or Dumas, he is the standard for Corp Commander tier character