Theory - Luffy's Dream | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Luffy's Dream

Merlin918

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Make everyone in the world dream of becoming a pirate(free).

1.Roger did it when he spoke about the one piece.
2.For Luffy being a pirate mean freedom. He is warrior of liberation.
3. For Gov it means death, so this idea was deleted 800 years ago.
4."Let's turn the world upside down." Young Roger words.

Maybe not this, but it should be something simple and childish that will turn the world upside down.
I don't believe this is Luffy's primary dream, but I do believe it will be a good side effect of him and the Straw Hats achieving their dreams. Everyone will learn to be free and travel anywhere in the world that they wish to travel to because every country will have open borders and allow people to pursue their dreams wherever they would like to.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
I have thought a lot about all of One Piece manga and I think I made a great theory about what is Luffy’s hidden dream and how it is connected with the One Piece and Ancient Weapons. Enjoy and let me know what you think about it!

About Roger and Luffy’s hidden dream
  • It is confirmed to be childish
  • It is confirmed to be considered impossible
  • It must be amazing to close One Piece manga with a big final "Don!"
  • It should be the same dream than Joy Boy in order to connect Luffy’s dream with the final war against the World Government and the Void Century
  • One Piece and Ancient Weapons must have been "left" on purpose to fulfill that dream
We know that
  • AK was a super advanced kingdom with future technology
  • Ancient Kingdom created the DFs
  • Vegapunk explained that DFs were the wills and dreams of people from the past
  • Hence Ancient Kingdom was technically able to grant people their dreams through DF creation
We can assume that
  • DF were not named Devil Fruits by the Ancient Kingdom that created them
  • AK gave the opportunity to a few individuals to fulfill their Dreams during the Void Century and what was left of that were the DFs = inherited dreams
  • DF real name is Dream Fruit
  • World Government renamed Dream Fruits as Devil Fruits because they represented the very project of AK that WG considers devil
  • D stands for Dream
Hence the dream of Joy Boy and Roger and Luffy is to fulfill everyone’s dreams. After he becomes Pirate King Luffy will want to share the joy of dream achievement with everyone and make them all achieve their dreams. This final dream is deemed impossible for those who do not know the true history: this dream held previously by Joy Boy materialized into a project during the Void Century that led to a giant war between 21 kingdoms
  • AK project is to make everyone able to create their own Dream Fruit
  • Everyone should be able to receive their "Dream Fruit" and alter their DNA to grant them abilities to achieve their dreams
  • The way to do this is to alter permanently the world seas that should all be connected through the All Blue
  • The world connected seas will be altered with AK technology to create the Dream Seas
  • When people jump into the Dream Seas they will be granted Dream Fruits and create their own powers
  • The reason DF users are rejected by the sea is because DFs were originally made with a Dream Sea located in Ancient Kingdom and people should not renounce their dreams and be altered twice by the Sea
  • Ancient Weapons were left by AK to create the All Blue
  • One Piece was left by AK to turn the world connected seas into the Dream Seas
  • When One Piece is activated it will bloom in a very beautiful way like Dr. Hiluluk’s flower petals
  • When One Piece is activated the world will be turnt upside down as the Dream Seas will become available for everyone on the planet

Last edited:

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Hence the dream of Joy Boy and Roger and Luffy is to fulfill everyone’s dreams.
The problem of this is everyone's reaction

If someone says "I want people everywhere to fulfill their dreams", others shouldn't be laughing at him, unless they are very cynical or mean

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
The problem of this is everyone's reaction

If someone says "I want people everywhere to fulfill their dreams", others shouldn't be laughing at him, unless they are very cynical or mean
How can you pretend to help all people achieving their personal dreams when you can’t even know them all? This does seem like a pretty childish impossible dream that people would laugh at nicely.

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Luffy's dream is to become Eiichiro Oda and direct the plot. If this were not so, the story would be approximately 70 chapters long. Luffy would then transcend to Omnipotence, erase Buggy and Imu-sama variants immediately, after which he would commit suicide before he could destroy all universes with omnipotence by considering them unreal.

Nami has Astral Erasure Powers from Uranus.

It seems that Luffy's Goal is to become an immortal and unbeatable god-king.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

How can you pretend to help all people achieving their personal dreams when you can’t even know them all? This does seem like a pretty childish impossible dream that people would laugh at nicely.
He could know them all. He will be made immortal by the One Piece.

Last edited:

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sure he'll accomplish that enough once Luffy creates his own country.

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Additionally everybody, Luffy should not do that stuff called transcending to omnipotence as he would not be a good character for that. It was supposed to be Luffy's dream and not what Luffy should do. Transcension to omnipotence is only safe for somebody if their primary ability is to reverse time and their secondary ability is to grant them their dream wishes. Maybe a Dream Oracle Fish from Dragon Ball Super could do this?(It lacks the visualization ability to be able to even think of erasing the universe. However, it would be an ultra dangerous thing for a Dragon Ball story.)

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I have thought a lot about all of One Piece manga and I think I made a great theory about what is Luffy’s hidden dream and how it is connected with the One Piece and Ancient Weapons. Enjoy and let me know what you think about it!

About Roger and Luffy’s hidden dream
  • It is confirmed to be childish
  • It is confirmed to be considered impossible
  • It must be amazing to close One Piece manga with a big final "Don!"
  • It should be the same dream than Joy Boy in order to connect Luffy’s dream with the final war against the World Government and the Void Century
  • One Piece and Ancient Weapons must have been "left" on purpose to fulfill that dream
We know that
  • AK was a super advanced kingdom with future technology
  • Ancient Kingdom created the DFs
  • Vegapunk explained that DFs were the wills and dreams of people from the past
  • Hence Ancient Kingdom was technically able to grant people their dreams through DF creation
We can assume that
  • DF were not named Devil Fruits by the Ancient Kingdom that created them
  • AK gave the opportunity to a few individuals to fulfill their Dreams during the Void Century and what was left of that were the DFs = inherited dreams
  • DF real name is Dream Fruit
  • World Government renamed Dream Fruits as Devil Fruits because they represented the very project of AK that WG considers devil
  • D stands for Dream
Hence the dream of Joy Boy and Roger and Luffy is to fulfill everyone’s dreams. After he becomes Pirate King Luffy will want to share the joy of dream achievement with everyone and make them all achieve their dreams. This final dream is deemed impossible for those who do not know the true history: this dream held previously by Joy Boy materialized into a project during the Void Century that led to a giant war between 21 kingdoms
  • AK project is to make everyone able to create their own Dream Fruit
  • Everyone should be able to receive their "Dream Fruit" and alter their DNA to grant them abilities to achieve their dreams
  • The way to do this is to alter permanently the world seas that should all be connected through the All Blue
  • The world connected seas will be altered with AK technology to create the Dream Seas
  • When people jump into the Dream Seas they will be granted Dream Fruits and create their own powers
  • The reason DF users are rejected by the sea is because DFs were originally made with a Dream Sea located in Ancient Kingdom and people should not renounce their dreams and be altered twice by the Sea
  • Ancient Weapons were left by AK to create the All Blue
  • One Piece was left by AK to turn the world connected seas into the Dream Seas
  • When One Piece is activated it will bloom in a very beautiful way like Dr. Hiluluk’s flower petals
  • When One Piece is activated the world will be turnt upside down as the Dream Seas will become available for everyone on the planet
Adding further to my theory, I doubt that Imu and Gorusei’s demonic zoans were originally created by the Ancient Kingdom and represent inherited dreams of Ancient Kingdom friends. The Gorusei fruits represent the evil inherited dreams of the Tenryubitos. Hence I bet you that the National Treasure of Marigeoise is the initial Dream Fruit fountain that was located in Ancient Kingdom and used to create the initial DFs and that the 20 kingdoms brought this technology to Marigeoise after they destroyed the AK. This means that the Gorusei fruits should not be part of the ancient DF encyclopedia mentioned by Vegapunk since created after the fall of AK. I expect Vegapunk to mention this in upcoming Egghead chapters.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Adding further to my theory, I doubt that Imu and Gorusei’s demonic zoans were originally created by the Ancient Kingdom and represent inherited dreams of Ancient Kingdom friends. The Gorusei fruits represent the evil inherited dreams of the Tenryubitos. Hence I bet you that the National Treasure of Marigeoise is the initial Dream Fruit fountain that was located in Ancient Kingdom and used to create the initial DFs and that the 20 kingdoms brought this technology to Marigeoise after they destroyed the AK. This means that the Gorusei fruits should not be part of the ancient DF encyclopedia mentioned by Vegapunk since created after the fall of AK. I expect Vegapunk to mention this in upcoming Egghead chapters.
It's also mentioned that Kaku and Califa fruits are not in the encyclopedia

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's also mentioned that Kaku and Califa fruits are not in the encyclopedia
I think that they are actually referenced in the DF encyclopedia, however there is no description of their fruit design.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
"[...]und mir eben dadurch möglich macht, heute dies, morgen jenes zu tun, morgens zu jagen (meat), nachmittags zu fischen (meat), abends Viehzucht zu treiben(meat), nach dem Essen (MEAT!!!) zu kritisieren, wie ich gerade Lust habe, ohne je ein Jäger, Fischer oder Hirt oder kritischer Kritiker zu werden (= be like Luffy)“.
-Karl Marx.

Ottoman_Pasha

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's what we know about Luffy's dream:
  • it evokes various, strong emotional reactions like surprise, joy, denial or ridicule etc. to the point where some are even moved to tears.
  • it's first put into words after Sabo and Ace revealed their dreams. Luffy says "I got it! Alright then... !
  • starts with "ore wa na" meaning "I ..."
  • Luffy says that he told it only to Sabo, Ace and Shanks after revealing his dream to his crew.
  • It has a final stage because Luffy says "That's what I want at the end of my dream"
  • He also says "Maybe it's possible once I become the King of the Pirates"
  • Additionally, we know that the reason why he wants that title is to become "the freest man in the world"
After hearing Sabo's dream of freedom and knowledge and Ace's dream of acknowledgement, I believe Luffy decided that his dream would be to fullfill (or help fullfilling) everybody's dreams! And finally celebrate it with a global party at the end.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hmmm, the feel I get from luffy's dream is that it is something inherently silly. But not so absurdly ridiculous that literally no one can get behind it. I think it's something in the ballpark of him wanting to toast with literally everyone in the world or having a worldwide party.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you guys are trying to make this unnecessary convoluted. It's not so much about Oda making it something amazing and impressive as much as it's something that Luffy would say. I have two answers. One is a joke...😉

1. I want to sail the sea for all time! (Or something to that effect..) King of the oceans type deal.

2.I want to lose my virginity to every woman on the planet at the same time! Until then, I won't even LOOK at a woman like that!