Seinen - Made in Abyss | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Made in Abyss

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Planning to read it as well, but not before the end of the anime.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
yeah please read would be nice to disucss

DoomEvolution

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Alderney
The anime has ended and with that my curiosity drove me into the manga and what I saw was cruel, way cruel for a couple kids who just want to see the bottom.
The abyss and the people within does not show mercy.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
orochidrewd was very spicy but kind of an iinteresting spin on how i thought the story would develop

it reminded me of claymore a bit

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is the anime canon to the manga....or is there something i really need to read that the anime didnt cover or can i skip up to where anime leaves off?

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
As far as I know, the anime is a very faithful adaption and if you have seen the whole thing, you can start reading at chapter 26 and be completely fine and up to speed

NORI

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wonderful manga and even better, the series does it justice, if not even more so. Kevin Penkin is possibly the best possible person they could have chose to do the music and it adds alot to the already great visuals of MIA.

It's the first series in a long-time that has stuck with me on an emotional level and left me feeling sad that it's over. I'm hoping a season 2 gets approved. You really feel for the characters, maybe it's because of their naivety due to their age or that their goal lays in a primal urge for adventure and discovering the unknown and seeking truths. I'm not sure, but I love Riko, Reg and Nanachi more so than most main characters and want them to succeed.

I give both the manga and anime 5 stars and for anyone wanting to check it out, I highly highly recommend it.

---------------------------------------------------

Is the anime canon to the manga....or is there something i really need to read that the anime didnt cover or can i skip up to where anime leaves off?
You'll be fine starting off at chapter 26 I think. The anime ends right in the middle of it and it's very faithful to the manga.

Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So basically the gang is valuable because they came from outside of the village. As soon as they stay they become more and more worthless? Or is it the opposit...
Damn it though... Give us back Nanachi! Nnaaa!

Last edited:

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
yeah they lose their value because they slowly assimilate with those in the village

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I wonder how many of the inhabitants were white whistles or other delvers forced/let past by Bondrewd who reached the village and assimilated.
I felt bad for „Maa“ in a previous chapter, interesting to see him save Riko and accompany her. I kinda like him. But knowing this manga nothing good happens to such other characters..

Can someone tell me how often a chapter is „usually“ released? Once a week/2 weeks? By the time I caught up with the manga the newest chapter came out after a long break, will chapters resume with the usual time again?

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I took it that its monthly...idk tbh
@Demonspeed
Not sure, but it's better to assume it's monthly I guess. The author draws whenever he feels like it apparently. He had initially said that Chapter 43 would be released in October and he didn't draw anything while the anime was airing.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
month+, 43 is the first thing I've read, and by the time stamps you can tell it's been 2.5 months since Ive finished xd

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Decided to check this out and I'm caught up I guess. I like the general concept, but the moment to moment storytelling is pretty...not that good, in my opinion.