Seinen - Made in Abyss | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Made in Abyss

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah this is a really exciting part of the story, ever since they descended to the 6th layer. Before they also discovered new places, but those were already known by many other delvers. Only after the Bondrewd arc did the exploring go up a level for me, since now we really are getting to the core pf the Abyss and a lot of mysteries will be getting solved.
Which is why waiting for new chapters is even harder :nomoar
Give it 3 months and we'll be blessed with another :')

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I wonder how many people they have left, it does look like their casualties are starting to add up. How many will survive the founding of the village?
And the turning point was an egg-relic?

Really liking these flashback chapters.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Very curious. I'm really enjoying the origin story of this village, however scarce new chapters are :emocat
Is this strange ailment what turned all of the inhabitants into strange creatures? And what exactly are those massive ones that the interference units are afraid of? Some sort of Leviathan class beast. Wow.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Very curious. I'm really enjoying the origin story of this village, however scarce new chapters are :emocat
Is this strange ailment what turned all of the inhabitants into strange creatures? And what exactly are those massive ones that the interference units are afraid of? Some sort of Leviathan class beast. Wow.
Think the ailment only makes them all solid, like the „rock“ they mined which turned out to be a creature. Their palms already decomposed into something and glued with the floor.. :s Related to those transparent caterpillars most likely, more crazy dangerous creatures of that layer which enter the body of the one drinking the water. Think now this will force them to go to those other water sources for which they will need to go up...

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 50.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Parasites which imitate water... Scary...

These last pages, Wazukyan and co must have eaten the babies...

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well the deeper we go the darker it gets...

I like that it's only implied what "exactly" they ate to get better, very often showing rather than outright saying is much more scary and impactful.
And the events are only going to get even more awful from here on I feel, Wazukyan is... quite the guy. Not sure if you can be even more crazy than Bondrewd was, but after this I'm pretty sure Wazukyan might descend even further into the Abyss (pun intended).

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Damn , each chapter is getting better than the previous one, even with such a slow pacing :zomg

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
You're worthy of your colour Demon

Can someone explain the plot to me :notlikethis

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Lol did it get that confusing? Haven't read the last 2-3 chapters so gotta get back on that these days, but was easy to follow up til then.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Every time you think things can't go even more bonkers the story continues on an even darker path... just wow. Bondrewd was pretty damn crazy already, but Wazukyan's even more of a nutcase. Not sure how to feel about the village, but I hope Faputa finds happiness somehow =/

You're worthy of your colour Demon

Someone on mangadex summed it up pretty well I think:

"1st egg - Irumyuui's wish "to be a mother". Results in the stillborn creatures that cure the mockwater.
2nd egg - Wazukyan's wish turns Irumyuui into the village. It's unclear what exactly the wish was, but it was probably along the lines of "a homeland" or "my prophecy to come true." It's fairly clear that it was Wazu's wish that turned Irumyuui into the village from the many lines doubting that this would be her wish.
3rd egg - Irumyuui's second wish. It was shoved into her off screen to replace the broken one and keep her alive. The wish, however it was phrased, gave birth to Faputa. It might have been "revenge" or a redo of the "to be a mother" wish.

Once all three were transferred to Faputa the village shifted to fueling itself off of the creatures of the abyss in the market format we see now. That's why Wazukyan says to Vueko that he "hopes" that people continue to be drawn to the abyss in search of something. So that they will be taken in by the village and continue to fuel it. "

Everything else should be pretty clear, in my eyes.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Pretty dark...

So Faputa and Irumyuui were different persons. Now I hope we'll learn more about Faputa and Reg.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I thought the translation was quite bad, lots of confusing text that's hard to make sense of... But it's prolly just a matter of time until we get a better release, hopefully.

As for the chapter, I don't think anyone's surprised that things continue to get worse... :XD Faputa's both adorable and creepy, but the manga knows how to give us complex characters. Then again, I seriously hope someone will teach Wazukyan a lesson, no matter who it is. Better be prepared to get trampled down yourself when you think everyone else can go to hell for the sake of your dream.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think Wazukyan can change at this point.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't get it, what does he want ~~
From what I understood, he actually wants to continue down the Abyss, to the rumoured "Golden City". First he used Iru to guarantee their (or more like his) survival, now he wants to use Riko to get out of this city and travel down further. I think that's why Riko doesn't hate him, because she understands his desire to travel down the Abyss, even though she's fully aware that what he did was wrong.