Voting Round 1 - Maes Hughes vs Minato Namikaze | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Maes Hughes vs Minato Namikaze

Who wins?

• Maes Hughes

• Minato Namikaze

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

[TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"][/TD]​
[TR][TD="auto;border-width: 0px;"]

Maes Hughes
Fullmetal Alchemist
[/TD][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;font-size: 0!important;"]-[/TD][TD="auto%;border-width: 0px;"]

Minato Namikaze
Naruto
[/TD][/TR]

Last edited by a moderator:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Dead Dad vs Dead Dad?

I'm leaning to the one that reminds of Soe Nakiri, but I will wait.

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
This should've happened in the finals, not the first round...Way to waste two of the best canditates here T_T

I can't make up my mind yet...though I'd say I'm leaning towards Maes cuz i wanted to nominate him first...

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

Feeling relaxed now? ;)
Alright, I'm going to try and draw first blood here.
A little background information on Minato Namikaze is that yes, he is my favorite character in the whole of Naruto. Which is purposely why I nominated him for this tourney,but of course that isn't the main part of my campaign.
What makes Minato a truly outstanding husbando is down to this:
a) He loves the things about you that you'd hate about yourself. From the moment Kushina, his future wife is introduced into the series, we learn that she doesn't like her red hair since it made her a target for bullying when in school. But unlike all the other students, Minato didn't join in the Kushina bullying and jeering. It was something that caused her to hate herself, but Minato later on admitted that he loved her hair so much. It's the reason he noticed her right away, and why he was drawn to her ever since the beginning.

And you know, that thing that you hated about yourself so much? It becomes something that you come to love and cherish, that connects the both of you.:zomg

b)He notices when you're gone, and will fight tooth and nail to get you back. It doesn't matter whether the enemy is someone from a foreign country or the world's most wanted man. He will stop at nothing to save you when you're in danger. Even when no one else seems to care, he will be there.

c)He will be fiercely devoted to you, staying by you in the hard times such as child labour, or even in the good times when you receive news about getting your first child.

d) He loves you....forever.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah, that's all good and shit. But answer me this, IS HE MAES HUGHES?!

I THINK NOT!

#DENIED
:oooh...!!! As much as I loved @Emperor Spriggan 's post, I gotta admit Minato just got BUUUUURNED !!

P.S: Still keeping my vote...wanna see more salt no justu..!

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Feeling relaxed now? ;)
Alright, I'm going to try and draw first blood here.
A little background information on Minato Namikaze is that yes, he is my favorite character in the whole of Naruto. Which is purposely why I nominated him for this tourney,but of course that isn't the main part of my campaign.
What makes Minato a truly outstanding husbando is down to this:
a) He loves the things about you that you'd hate about yourself. From the moment Kushina, his future wife is introduced into the series, we learn that she doesn't like her red hair since it made her a target for bullying when in school. But unlike all the other students, Minato didn't join in the Kushina bullying and jeering. It was something that caused her to hate herself, but Minato later on admitted that he loved her hair so much. It's the reason he noticed her right away, and why he was drawn to her ever since the beginning.

And you know, that thing that you hated about yourself so much? It becomes something that you come to love and cherish, that connects the both of you.:zomg

b)He notices when you're gone, and will fight tooth and nail to get you back. It doesn't matter whether the enemy is someone from a foreign country or the world's most wanted man. He will stop at nothing to save you when you're in danger. Even when no one else seems to care, he will be there.

c)He will be fiercely devoted to you, staying by you in the hard times such as child labour, or even in the good times when you receive news about getting your first child.

d) He loves you....forever.

This post....

Speechlesss...

[TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"][/TD]​
[TR][TD="auto;border-width: 0px;"]

Maes Hughes
Fullmetal Alchemist
[/TD][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;font-size: 0!important;"]-[/TD][TD="auto%;border-width: 0px;"]

Minato Namikaze
Naruto
[/TD][/TR]
The fact that these two husbands are competing round 1....

...Didn’t think this through, did we?

Hmmm there’s a fee for using my gifs,
of course :blush:handgun.... voting for my husbando next round :cheez

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
@Emperor Spriggan I'm sorry but I'm voting for Maes..

It's a shame that these two are facing each other in the first round it should at least being Semi-Finals..

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
This one is a little difficult... can't decide!! :hmm

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
"Okay, here's the plan: We go in, start hitting people, and see where it takes us"

Maes Hughes has done some pretty bad things in his time. He's far less innocent than Mr Minato. He doesn't pretend to be right, pretend that his views of the world are the only views. He is not a Super Saiyan or a great Hokage. He is but a soldier. Nothing special really. But there is one thing Maes Hughes is. Without a doubt. Hughes is a man who will, and has given, everything for the woman and child he loves.

Family

Throughout the course of the Fullmetal Alchemist story, Hughes is constantly showing his apparent adoration of the family he has created together with his wife. A Husbando who has proved himself to be the very best of the best, Hughes is never afraid of letting the world know of his unabashed love. And when he truly loves somebody that he cares about, you're going to know about it. Simple as that.
Maes Hughes died for not only his country, but for his family. In the end, he ultimately saved the nation of Amestris through his heroic efforts, and death for the cause. His last thoughts were of his family. He didn't want to die. He didn't sacrifice himself for everyone, though he did care about them all. He didn't want to leave his family. He sure as hell didn't want to condemn his child to a life of pain and solitude throughout their childhood. And while he could not keep his promise in the end, he gave everything to make the world a place where his family could be happy.

Qualities

Capable
  • Everyone wants a Husbando who can handle himself, right? Hughes is a soldier of the Amestris Military, and is more than capable of holding his own in most situations. If it came down to it, this man would protect you no matter what, and have the skill to do so.
Charismatic
  • There are just certain times in the story of FMA that Hughes just radiates Charisma. What would you think of this man after seeing him do the things that he can do? Daring, Cheeky, a Heart of Gold, and downright schmexy sometimes ;)
Intelligent
  • You know, the trait that saw Hughes effectively solving all of the clues and problems that were hidden beneath the exterior of Amestris when it took everybody else so much longer? You can trust Maes Hughes to be able to overcome any obstacle in his way in order to keep you safe and happy, no matter the challenge.

His Legacy

The Legacy that Maes Hughes left behind, and the things he had to do to leave that Legacy were paramount to the tale of Fullmetal Alchemist. Possibly one of the most important character, killed for knowing too much, wasn't even one of the revered and powerful Alchemists. Simply a man. He left behind him the knowledge and clues necessary to save the world. To save the ones he loved... People such as Roy Mustang, his long time best friend knew the kind of person Hughes was and instead of his death weakening them, it fuelled their resolve to win back their world from those who wished to use it for evil. Hughes had the strength to overcome the wrongs he had committed in the past in order to devote himself to his family. He had the incredible willpower and loving nature to be able to, maybe not totally forgive himself, but understand what is the most important. Love.

Please consider voting for Maes Hughes for this first round of the Husbando Wars. He will never let you down :amuse

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
It's a pity that I can't vote for Emip's nominations anywhere.

Sorry Maes Hughes is hundred times better choice than Minato.

#Vote for Maes Hughes

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
"Okay, here's the plan: We go in, start hitting people, and see where it takes us"

Maes Hughes has done some pretty bad things in his time. He's far less innocent than Mr Minato. He doesn't pretend to be right, pretend that his views of the world are the only views. He is not a Super Saiyan or a great Hokage. He is but a soldier. Nothing special really. But there is one thing Maes Hughes is. Without a doubt. Hughes is a man who will, and has given, everything for the woman and child he loves.

Family

Throughout the course of the Fullmetal Alchemist story, Hughes is constantly showing his apparent adoration of the family he has created together with his wife. A Husbando who has proved himself to be the very best of the best, Hughes is never afraid of letting the world know of his unabashed love. And when he truly loves somebody that he cares about, you're going to know about it. Simple as that.
Maes Hughes died for not only his country, but for his family. In the end, he ultimately saved the nation of Amestris through his heroic efforts, and death for the cause. His last thoughts were of his family. He didn't want to die. He didn't sacrifice himself for everyone, though he did care about them all. He didn't want to leave his family. He sure as hell didn't want to condemn his child to a life of pain and solitude throughout their childhood. And while he could not keep his promise in the end, he gave everything to make the world a place where his family could be happy.

Qualities

Capable
  • Everyone wants a Husbando who can handle himself, right? Hughes is a soldier of the Amestris Military, and is more than capable of holding his own in most situations. If it came down to it, this man would protect you no matter what, and have the skill to do so.
Charismatic
  • There are just certain times in the story of FMA that Hughes just radiates Charisma. What would you think of this man after seeing him do the things that he can do? Daring, Cheeky, a Heart of Gold, and downright schmexy sometimes ;)
Intelligent
  • You know, the trait that saw Hughes effectively solving all of the clues and problems that were hidden beneath the exterior of Amestris when it took everybody else so much longer? You can trust Maes Hughes to be able to overcome any obstacle in his way in order to keep you safe and happy, no matter the challenge.

His Legacy

The Legacy that Maes Hughes left behind, and the things he had to do to leave that Legacy were paramount to the tale of Fullmetal Alchemist. Possibly one of the most important character, killed for knowing too much, wasn't even one of the revered and powerful Alchemists. Simply a man. He left behind him the knowledge and clues necessary to save the world. To save the ones he loved... People such as Roy Mustang, his long time best friend knew the kind of person Hughes was and instead of his death weakening them, it fuelled their resolve to win back their world from those who wished to use it for evil. Hughes had the strength to overcome the wrongs he had committed in the past in order to devote himself to his family. He had the incredible willpower and loving nature to be able to, maybe not totally forgive himself, but understand what is the most important. Love.

Please consider voting for Maes Hughes for this first round of the Husbando Wars. He will never let you down :amuse

If it were Mustang, you would have gotten my vote :p

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
All this devotion to voting and posting.. ugh

Also, this talk about "at least semi-finals/half-finals/final". Ehh.. No. Maes can get that far, but Minato? pls kys hell no

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
He's far less innocent than Mr Minato.
I agree with everything you said, but let me add more on the meaning of this sentence.

Minato was a soldier as well and he was part of the 3rd Ninja war, while Maes took part in the Ishvalian purge. Both have killed countless souls.
The difference though is that Maes was ordered to kill innocent civilians (or at least to assist the state alchemists in doing so), which shook his very existence to the core and almost drove him crazy...if it weren't for the love he held for his wife and the hope to see her one day. In that do or die situation, that was the only flame keeping him sane and pushing him forward.

In fact, as much as I like and respect Minato, i have to say that Maes' situation was more relatable. Especially the tragic moment of his death, which was easier to relate to than being killed by a giant fox...Ok i've decided...I'm voting for Maes!

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I agree with everything you said, but let me add more on the meaning of this sentence.

Minato was a soldier as well and he was part of the 3rd Ninja war, while Maes took part in the Ishvalian purge. Both have killed countless souls.
The difference though is that Maes was ordered to kill innocent civilians (or at least to assist the state alchemists in doing so), which shook his very existence to the core and almost drove him crazy...if it weren't for the love he held for his wife and the hope to see her one day. In that do or die situation, that was the only flame keeping him sane and pushing him forward.

In fact, as much as I like and respect Minato, i have to say that Maes' situation was more relatable. Especially the tragic moment of his death, which was easier to relate to than being killed by a giant fox...Ok i've decided...I'm voting for Maes!
It's more realistic.Maes was a normal human being within and this shows it.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fine, here we go:

@WithYouInSpirit's pick

Eyes/face: 8/15
Charisma/Personality: 8/10
Hair: 7/10
Abs/chest/shoulders/muscles, etc: 7/10
Husband Material: 5/5