Games - Mafia Game 102 - Genswap Impact: End Game | Page 101 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 102 - Genswap Impact: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
The only one thing we offered to lovers was to keep Bran alive as long as necessary so the town can make it number-wise and so we won't lose our mason
If we lynch the town lover, the mafia lover dies, isn't that better than having 1 extra town and 1 extra mafia.
Trading with mafia 1 to 1 is always good for town since they have the numbers.

I also don't get how town will win if the lovers are alive, since that would mean 1 mafia is alive.

Just wondering out loud.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Afaik, nothing in the rules, as they are written, up to now, states that they lose if they stay alive until the end and their team wins.
Rules used to state „Lovers can win with their own team or together“. That was removed quite some years ago, now Lover description states their only win condition:

They win if their number is equal or greater than the number of townies remaining and all other non-townies are dead.
Primary role only gives them more tools to work with, but they‘re never town or mafia. Exclusively third party.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Exclusively third party.
in that case, i believe a town lover should be revealed guilty upon detective investigation, and should work as 3rd party/mafia when targetted by apprentice, pirate etc.
but again if deprived from its duality, whats the difference with mentor/mentee, it sounds as just a duplicate flavor of Mentor/mentee. Just my 2cents lol

In any case not discussing about that, that was not the point :)

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
in that case, i believe a town lover should be revealed guilty upon detective investigation, and should work as 3rd party/mafia when targetted by apprentice, pirate etc.
but again if deprived from its duality, whats the difference with mentor/mentee, it sounds as just a duplicate flavor of Mentor/mentee. Just my 2cents lol

In the past they appeared as guilty. It was a buff because lovers are terrible.

Mentor/mentee can both kill. When the mentee dies, the mentor can get a replacement. Neither mentor nor mentee is part of the mafia team.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Used to work like that also some time ago, then Lover got buffed so that they are „town“ and „mafia“ while doing their own thing. Town Lover is only seen as guilty vs Prosecutor.

Mentor and Mentee are former townies only with no knowledge on the mafia side at all, Mentee can be replaced, no special roles unlike Lovers etc. I don‘t see it being similar.

It‘s not the main point, but one of your points that you were misunderstanding.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
In the past they appeared as guilty. It was a buff because lovers are terrible.
I didnt know abt that.

Mentor/mentee can both kill. When the mentee dies, the mentor can get a replacement.
true but if theres a 3some, it's almost the same, except they cant kill, yup its pretty similar otherwise.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

ok thxs for clarifications, i really dislike lover role, no wonder why i tried to get rid of it :arf

Status
Not open for further replies.