Games - Mafia Game 103 - Chainsam Pan: End Game | Page 62 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 103 - Chainsam Pan: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China

I thank you all for playing! It was an entertaining game to spectate. I hope most enjoyed the gameplay as well! Thank you to my fellow co-host @SirSamuel016 (and briefly @Farfalla) for providing the necessary support and inputs during the game! Once again thank you @Valhalla for the avatars! And most of all, congratulations mafia team (as the kids say nowadays) for copping the W! Also shoutouts to @GB for not speaking the truth once this game!

It was a simple but engaging experience. As you can see, the ???? was just another townie. In hindsight perhaps not as impactful but it was very omo seeing you all speculate over the identity of this mystery role. Unfortunately, in this sterile environment, we didn't get to trial the devil properly, as they both passed quickly. I think in special circumstances the potential is there, it is rather powerful in a more role-heavy comp. There are just enough secondaries for the psychiatrist to put IQ into analyzing their result (a difficult role to play in this game). Bomb's dominant strategy I think was somehow getting the mafia to kill them (feigning devil? 😈). Freeman... Died uncovered. And also came out quite early. If they had to die, that was probably the best time. The traitors deployed interesting strategies. Very exotic approach. Mafia overall played pretty decent; the first few nights town mislynched and only towards the mid-to-end did non-towns start perishing.

I am curious what you thought of the game and each other's performances! Was town too lazy? Was ???? too spicy? Did non-town play strong enough? Curious what you guys think of such role- and mechanicless comps ~

Once again, thank you, everyone! It was super spicy 👿 😈 🌶

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
@Lambu yesterday i didn't know how to escape the Belseriondude, i guess the idea of Digi claiming my role never entertained me since i thought it was obvious that I was the bomb, it wasn't even the trust thing at that point shino just tunneled wanted me dead regardless of outcome which is honestly fine, I was so depressed that i chose asako vs DD, things would have tunred out differently perhaps. But never playing again while travelling that was just horrible of me, sorry town again

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
2 devils feels a bit small as there is a chance both could get killed early and we had no real protection roles for them, except ofc devils which would have meant less investigations. 3 would have been better than chances would be good at least one makes it to day 3/4. GG Mafia. Fun game. Too many traitors for my taste. Cya all around.

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Mafia team
- @GrySun: It was fun playing with you, now in hindsight I can see that your plan has worked, you were expecting to be caught with detective so you accused your teammate DD, I'm not sure if it a game winning move on it own, but was a step in the right direction, even when you lose you win, truly unstoppable.

- @digitaldude: When you said shad makes sense without providing any reason I remembered that you tend to suddenly agree with me when you are mafia (Civ game) but I wasn't sure because you were helping the right cause, your play-style after that didn't change, you kept laying low and enjoying the ride until the last day where you were 1 step away from winning then you made a move and claimed bomb, well played, but this play-style won't work again, next time I don't see you make moves I will assume you are mafia.

- @Belserion : You tend to scare people of from talking to you, you also ignore those that do and seraph mentioned some really good ways to read this play-style as mafia, similar to DD as far as I'm concerned this is your mafia play-style and won't ignore it again.

It a smart move to try to make your town vs mafia play-style hard to differentiate, but you can't just use your mafia play-style as town as a way to achieve this, since it is unacceptable, which is why I don't really mind you flipping town if you play like this in the future, since I can't allow this play-style to be considered default or normal for town.

Traitors
- @Asako / @Seraph : I don't really have suggestions or notes on your play-style, mostly because I never had this role before.

After the game sirsam mentioned that you were in fact a TP that revealed info and was lynched in the Bacanno game, not sure if that would have changed anything but somehow I couldn't confirm this info, it was even funny because I asked Gry (a mafia) and he also wasn't able to remember.

Town
@MarmaladeSky @Tatsumaki @Mazino: You either died early or were AFK, so nothing much to say.

@James Rye: you got unlucky that our devil died with you, she was able to confirm sanity and catch Gry thanks to you.
If we didn't lose a devil N1, the double night would have been awesome, sadly Gry was expecting Detective checks so he was playing suicidal anyway.

@gnut you are a busy man but unlike other laylow townies and mafia you were still talking at nights, you were self confident and you had good suspects and you felt like your own person, so I was willing to take the risk of trusting you in that day phase, it could have been a case similar to Gry's mafia suspecting mafia, but those can be discussed in next day phases, as long as we get a mafia on that day that all I cared about.

@Lambu that vote lock at the end of the day made me happy, felt like a redo of game 100 except this time the good guys win, but Gry is a damn cockroach even surprise votelock doesn't kill him >.< And Mazino was the perfect scapegoat.
From your D1 and D2 votes, I can clearly see a townie trying to kill, which is how town should be played, being the cause of a kill is the best way to take credit for it, when it is a mafia that dies it leads to self confirmation, if you hit a townie by mistake like in D1, it still looks like a townie move.
Next day I wanted to make a peace deal between the players I trusted which is why I've put you, gnut and gb in "Town, I don't mind losing to if not", it a way to say: Let make an alliance today and kill the one we all want dead xD
It was cool watch you pull the 'Hahaha I got a detective result' on your last day, but even without it you were trying hard to be the town mayor, it was cool to watch but sad to know that without you doing that, town would just be self centered and random, which is what happened the next day, Gry was saying they shouldn't have killed you because you were confused on pompom, that is not true, pompom confusion comes from the fact that you didn't have the result of seraph's role, mafia was right to kill you since the mafia meta currently is kill anybody that isn't afk.

@Farfalla It been a while since I played with you a game where you were mafia, but I felt you had a similar issue to me this game, where your play-style is so much town that you kind of just self confirm yourself, in D2 I could feel you putting a lot of effort in the discussion, something a mafia could never fake, add to that you are the second highest poster just in 2 days , you had a role and they are no doctors, there is no way mafia won't kill you early, if this was a normal game and I was doc or body guard I will be protecting you every night until end of the game.
Gry once said that he suffers from this issue as well and that he tends to be suspicious early game to avoid being killed by mafia, I also saw evil once pull a trick as lover where he claims to be busy and that he won't be able to participate to put mafia at ease and to avoid being night killed.

@GB I'm just very impressed by your play-style this past 2 games, it the kind of play-style that is both cool and enjoyable to watch, it also scary since if you were mafia and taking advantage of your reputation to actively lynch people, it would be hard to guess, the possibility of TP also made me doubt you from time to time, it sad you couldn't close this game in your favor as that you have made this performance legendary. Sadly you coudn't be active in the last 2 days.

@shinobi I didn't follow as much in the end game as I was dead, however I did notice that you didn't consider all aspect of the GB vs DD argument, for example who was playing like a bomb the whole game? DD spent all game asking who was bomb, while GB was actually trying to get night killed.
When you reach the end game, take your time to make your final move, don't just follow the discussion in the thread but analyze the situation from different angles, since it 2vs3, you can assume the thread is full of lies and manipulations, so take a step back and consider everything from scratch.
Also notice how your play-style was similar to Bel's, more activity would lead to more fun games.

~
My thoughts, feedback for the players, whatever I could remember after being dead for so long.
I would appreciate feedback or suggestions as well.

See you next game.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I knew DD could do something insane and pull off the win:lmao

It was nice playing with you guys @digitaldude @GrySun timezone was like an extra Townie but we managed.

@Asako @Seraph grysun actually picked up on your traitor hints but situations always popped up that had us aiming in another direction. Would have been fun if we could have recruited you guys.

Thanks @SirSamuel016 @Copy Panda for a nice game. Think it was my first vanilla game as well.

@Lady pompom see Pom. You were ??? the one that had both Mafia and Town looking over their shoulders. The ultimate villain in the game. I knew it :nod

Last edited:

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Thanks @Copy Panda and @SirSamuel016 for hosting this game. It was fun playing and spectating even if i wasn't dead long enough to do much of that. Thanks to @Valhalla for the nice Avatars, looking forward to your next work/s. :hi

Congratulations to the Mafias @Belserion @digitaldude and @GrySun. Well played, you guys benefitted a lot from the constant distrust between the Townies, like some didn't even really bother to put more focus on the quiet Bel or the random DD sometimes. Could've been fun to get recruited by you guys but i feel like things could've been a bit more messy then as well. So i'm fine having died as a non recruited Traitor, i feel like i served my purpose in spite of it all. :verily

@Lady pompom @shinobi @GB good job staying alive for as long as you guys have, a shame you couldn't pull off a win in the end but i guess it just wasn't meant to be. It was still fun playing with you guys. Respects paid. :)

Now some quotes:

Mafia team
Traitors

- @Asako / @Seraph : I don't really have suggestions or notes on your play-style, mostly because I never had this role before.
You know, even if you did, i probably wouldn't take any of it to heart. There's some games i join with the intention and goal to just win it all and there's some where i just join because of the Lols. Mafia Games are some of those Games where i just join for the Lols man. I appreciate it though. :D

@Asako @Seraph grysun actually picked up on your traitor hints but situations always popped up that had us aiming in another direction. Would have been fun if we could have recruited you guys.
Gotta say, early on when i learned that this was a mostly Vanilla Game i got kind of excited knowing i could "mature" into more over the game if i play my cards right but after the first few days had passed and i realized that you guys weren't gonna come for me i was like "Ah well, fuck it...". And from then on just outright called you guys by allegiance, and once i died i kinda felt like i might have done you guys a favor by continously calling you my Top Suspects so the Townies would think after my Death and Reveal that i was gunning for you because i "knew" you were Townies. But oh well, water under the bridge, maybe next time. :hee

@Lambu Well done finding my Hot Potato. :lambirb Probably the most effective Psychiatrist i've ever seen. Good Job Lambs.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Le SirSam General Thoughts and Thank Yous
What a game! I thought this was a great game to spectate and I very much enjoyed hosting with Copan and watching things play out! This game may have been a bit jarring for some due to recent indulgent mechanics and strong roles that take the pressure off of interactions and analysis in the day phases, so in that sense this was a chance for people to get back to basics and have an opportunity to refine/improve their general mafia game skills. I can only hope you all had fun playing this one and managed to take something away from it for future games!

In terms of play, I'd definitely like to give a special kudos to Lambu and GB on the town side and the Mafia team in general. While off the mark a bit early, Lambs and GB really brought town close to a victory with their analysis and plays; GB bluffing Devil and Lamb going along with it after targeting him that night to see it be fake was a masterstroke, and had it not been for some word choice I think you may have clinched the win. As for the Mafia team, it wasn't easy going but well done on your victory! Some nice and intriguing plays across the game from you all, with a talent for disarming and avoiding suspicion against you~

To the traitors Asako and Seraph, well done on giving it your best shot! You struggled your ways to try and get noticed by the scummy senpais but sadly it was not enough for you to be recruited :gwah Koko, in your somewhat frantic thought process near the end I think if you had the confidence to call GB's bluff and fake a Devil of your own you could've avoided the lynch and gotten recruited but nonetheless a very good effort! And Seraph, it was good to see you back and playing- no D1 Lynch is always a positive start but like Koko I think there were a couple of things you might've been able to do to try and get a bit more heat on you from the mafiosos.

To the other townies, it wasn't smooth sailing but still you gave it your best effort and fought to the bitter end! I believe everyone might've found things they could possibly improve on for a vanilla game in the future so I think in that regard it's a positive to have that takeaway. Relying on intuition and breaking down all the information in front of you can be daunting, but I believe in you! 😤

Now for the thank-yous...

To the McChicken Gremlin @Copy Panda , thank you once again for hosting with me! I know it wasn't smooth sailing but I think we can both say this was a far better executed game than the Shokugeki joint last year and a much more enjoyable one on the hosting side of things too! You got out of your comfort zone getting into Chainsaw Man and it's 'hyperviolence' (even though you've read Berserk ka), and while you found it confronting you still helped me realise my hopes for a fun mafia game with this theme! I remember how the recruitment went like it was yesterday...

I definitely learnt a lot on hosting once again and I'm grateful to have been able to again learn the ropes from a smart and very funny cunt! Thank you again my dude, I appreciate you!

To @Valhalla , thank you so much for coming on board and making the wonderful avis for the game! You did an exceptional job, I love your work and hopefully we can also see you playing a game sometime soon!

Finally, thank you to all the players who made running this game possible! I hope you all had a blast (kek @GB) with it, and thanks again for playing the Chainsam Pan Mafia Game! Congrats again to the mafiosos @Belserion @digitaldude @GrySun !

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
So, my closing thoughts. I don‘t feel too satified with the win because it was mostly done on the backs of 2 unrecruited Traitors.. We also didn‘t play very good as mafia. I made many mistakes, and Bel and DD overall couldn‘t show themselves as contributive and genuine to town and would‘ve been lynched in slightly different circumstances. So we really need to improve and do better.
But that aside, thank you @Belserion and @digitaldude for being a nice mafia team. I sadly couldn‘t be as present in the pad as I‘d have wanted, so some decisions we made felt very last minute and sudden. But despite that our night targetting was pretty much perfect. I‘d have prolly died on GB‘s Bomb had I been alive to do the choice, I was surprised you let him live given how he can BS his way through inconsistencies because „classic lawl“.

Personally, I played far too suicidal expecting to die to Dets so I focused a lot more on distancing from teammates and associating myself with some townies(like Seraph, shino) by defending them and making it look like we‘re teammates when I‘m lynched.
But in hindsight that was terrible since we killed the only 2 Dets very early, and my odd playstyle was too apparent. At least I was somewhat successful with my initial plan. DD got trusted off of our interactions, and my death otherwise misled town towards some folk like Asako and Seraph. While they are traitors, it is still a bad lynch for town to lynch an unrecruited Traitor.
But was still bad because it couldn‘t take DD all the way. While it tricked some like Lambu, some like Pom and GB didn‘t buy it, Pom even calling it out as a distancing attempt.

I voted DD Day 2 for that, but I did not expect another person to add another vote and put him on top voted. If not for Lambu being greedy and trying to snipe me, I would not have any justification to switch and save DD. So Lambu saved me from a big mistake.
The next day, I considered claiming Devil and faking results, but then realised that even if I am believed DD dies and I‘m stuck on a role where it‘s questioned why mafia isn‘t killing me. Realizing the dead end I just let the lynch happen.

Sorry to our Traitors @Asako @Seraph I did notice it on D2.

But we wanted to try and kill the Bomb with my protection powers while I was still alive, but we couldn‘t figure out who it was in time. As Bel said, later it became hard to attempt to recruit because they needed to frame lots of people still and if we‘re wrong and you‘re not Traitors it leads to making the game unwinnable.
Imo best way to have success with Traitor is to play like a townie and become trusted. Like how gnut did it this game for example, he was vanilla but still got killed due to being very trusted. Then you‘re in the list of unlynchable people and must be nightkilled, and then you get recruited. At least it should work better than trying to lynch or pressure teammates directly, as 1 person distrusting a mafia a lot isn‘t that big of a deal to warrant a kill.

GB was amazing and only truly messed up last day(Asako result was easy to explain, but not 2 guilty results when a Boss was still alive). Shad was also really really good this game, breathing down my neck from the very beginning. Lambu was a great town leader overall, promoting useful discussion.
Had Devils managed to hide a bit more/be more lucky, game could‘ve easily looked a lot more stompy for town.

Thanks a lot to the hosts PanSam for this vanilla-ish game. I said it before, but the Devil role had a surprising amount of possible depth and made some spicy play possible, like Traitors faking to be Devil, although aside from townie Bomb no scum took advantage of it. The setup was pretty good, especially Psychiatrist had lots of possibilities to be useful. Though I don‘t agree that we needed 2 Traitors, 1 would‘ve been more proper, especially with like 2 Death Millers that could confuse town.
I can see Devil secondary having a future as a proper role, but imo Det shouldn‘t be among the 3 roles because town will certainly use it over everything else, while mafia would never use it. Better for it to be something that can more evenly compete with Doc and Prostitute in terms of usability for both teams.

Fun game to play and to spectate.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hats off Bel n DD
So congrats @digitaldude and @Belserion
Haters! :bnah

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Heeh tbf you almost killed your own teammate in a 3 mafo game, basically did what Demon did to you some games ago, it just didnt happen out of sheer luck. Your vote was cast past the set closing time, you would have died if Panda ended the day on schedule. I did not save you of anything for "being greedy", had this been made with poll system you would have doomed the mafia.

So yep, DD and Bel carried you real hard this time, it is what it is :lambirb:pjsalt

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Heeh tbf you almost killed your own teammate in a 3 mafo game, basically did what Demon did to you some games ago, it just didnt happen out of sheer luck. Your vote was cast past the set closing time, you would have died if Panda ended the day on schedule. I did not save you of anything for "being greedy", had this been made with poll system you would have doomed the mafia.

So yep, DD and Bel carried you real hard this time, it is what it is :lambirb:pjsalt
Luck > Skill :mono

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
👿 👿 Living Players 😈 😈
DD as Angel || Mafia Member || WINNER
Pom as Princi || Townie || LOSER
Shinobi as Reze || Death Miller || LOSER

👿 👿 Destroyed Devil Hunters 9/16 😈 😈
Marmalade as Michiko || Townie || Lynched D1
Tatsu
as Kobeni || Townie Devil || Killed N1

Mazino
as Yutaro || Townie || Lynched D2
James
as Beam || Freeman || Killed N2

Day 3 Skipped

Farfalla as Power || Townie Devil || Killed N3

GrySun as Aki || Mafia Member Devil || Lynched D4
Shad as Quanxi || Death Miller (Flipped Mafia Member) || Killed N4

Asako
as Hirofumi || Townie
Traitor || Lynched D5
Gnut
as Himeno || Townie || Killed N5

Seraph as Denji || Townie
Traitor || Lynched D6
Lambu
as Galgali || Psychiatrist || Killed N6

GB
as Mitaka || Bomb || Lynched D7

Belserion as Makima || Mafia Boss || Blown up D7

Mafia Boss
Mafia Member
Mafia Member
Psychiatrist
Freeman
Bomb
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Townie
????
Hey y'all. Is this correct? The upper list has two Death Millers, while the lower has only one ????-hidden role.

Apologies if this has been cleared up before, wasn't bothering to read up the thread.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan

Hey y'all. Is this correct? The upper list has two Death Millers, while the lower has only one ????-hidden role.

Apologies if this has been cleared up before, wasn't bothering to read up the thread.
First quote is correct. The second one had a bit of trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.