Games - Mafia Game 113 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - GAME END | Page 69 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 113 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - GAME END

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
GAME END

Within one swift night, the world's deadlock was broken. Moebius lost full control of the world, and the Endless now came to an end.

But, the new world that would be created would not be a return to what should have been in the truest sense. No, just one individual outsmarted all and gained the strength to reforge the world to his own desires.

RISE NOW, WINNER OF MAFIA GAME #113!

♾️ HARDY ♾️
🎅 SANTA CLAUS 🎅

Parties lost to the endless now...

Town

🐦 Farfalla 🐦
Psychiatrist // Ouroboros

👊 GB 👊
Townie // Ouroboros

❔ Tatsumaki ❔
Townie // Ouroboros

💣 Baka Taichou 💣
Townie

Mafia

🧠 Jammin 🧠
Mafia Boss

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

There are a few thank yous I want to make before I head off to bed because HOLY FUCK it is late.

Firstly, to my wonderful co-host and friend @Lambu for helping me build this game that I'm incredibly proud of. We put a lot of time into it, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. It wouldn't of been anything like this without your expertise and input so thank you for joining me on creating this! 🙏

Secondly, thank you to @Marmalade! You nailed the aesthetic with the avatars and this game wouldn't of looked anywhere near as nice as it did without all your hard work! Thank you for helping me reach my creative vision! 🙏

Thirdly, I'd like to give a thank you to @Copy Panda! Not only was the furry fella our substitute in case he was needed, but in the early days of idea brewing late last year, I had the idea of adapting The Devil from the Chainsaw Man game I got to co-host with him and tweaking it for a new setting. He gave me his blessing and was another pivotal point of feedback for game construction so thank you my friend 🙏

Fourthly, this game nearly had a completely different set-up due to player numbers, but in the face of adversity some incredible people stepped up to fill the plate- Bel, Jammin, Kat: thank you for helping us reach the number of players we needed for the game to run as we envisioned, and for your crucial parts that you played!

Finally, thank you to all the players! I'm so glad you all joined us for this game. I love the Xenoblade series and I had a wonderful time creating the game with Lambu, as well as hosting it! Thank you to all who made it possible, and on one last note: CONGRATULATIONS HARDY!!!

JOIN THE ENDLESS NOW (DEADPAD)

Kat

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE my paranoia with her (and you) was off the charts XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
This was like the first game where nobody was on my ass (except for you for a while lol) which was pretty refreshing

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hey @GrySun tho' xDDDDDDDD WHAT A BAD SANTA PLAY HUH XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This was like the first game where nobody was on my ass (except for you for a while lol) which was pretty refreshing
I hope I wasn't too harsh on you kattie cutie <3 if i was annoying I apologize <3 <3 *showers u with love*

• Hug
Reactions: Kat

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I hope I wasn't too harsh on you kattie cutie <3 if i was annoying I apologize <3 <3 *showers u with love*
No that is fine don't worry at all! Sorry if Glimmer was snappy back or something too!

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
No that is fine don't worry at all! Sorry if Glimmer was snappy back or something too!
all's good, glimmer is too kawaii for me to be upset with glimmer!!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

guys, this game was fun, thank you hosts for hostinging (intended) @Lambu @SirSamuel016 , but as a famous man once said "i hope you get diarrhea from your next meal" for that fkn vote steal gift IT'S NOT EVEN A GIFT IT'S STEALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaarf!

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Thank you @SirSamuel016 @Lambu for the game. We didn‘t play mafia to it‘s proper potential this game so I can‘t tell where the balance would be normally. Just from top of head I‘d change the Doc on mafia Ouroboros to something that is useful, and maybe give the poor Traitor a role or Ouroboros so he‘s not a sitting duck, a Sleeper with a conscience.

We screwed up on D1 when every mafia didn‘t notice it‘s largely a vanilla game and hinted to some role. Which rightfully invited role use on us. @Belserion did great by preventing a kill on Jammin, we knew you were up to something but didn‘t think you‘d block Jammin for some reason. Many of our night decisions were mistakes.
Together with Santa just messing up mafia with every gift, we were on game over very early but it wasn’t apparent to town who hadn’t lynched anyone yet. Last ditch tried finding a Sleeper that never happened.

Jammin knew Hardy was lying last day since he received a role, and I knew he lied because his faked Ouroboros actions contradict what we did at nights. We still had a small chance like Farf said if they mislynched on Tatsu/Baka so the plan town settled on was the best to take mafia out of the picture, but it was clear Hardy would win like this.

But I think it‘s the fairest that neither me nor Jammin spoke up so it‘s a town vs santa. We had no chance of winning even with a Hardy lynch that day, we can‘t even get a kill with double Prostitute night nor would that kill have been enough.

So definitely deserved Santa win for @Hardy who despite being caught came up on the spot with an Ouroboros town believed, and smart use of a gift that‘s frankly impossible to anticipate.

I do wonder though whether such Santa gifts should even be possible rule-wise or whether that needs some constraints, as this allows for gifts that affect Santa after affecting the target...

@Erinyes your death was really just me thinking too much into your „200% townie“ hint. Thinking one 100% is for your vanilla role, and the other 100% for your Ouroboros secondary.
We were aware of Kat freeman possibility but our Boss took a liking to her, and we figured Bel was Ouroboros only on N2 but didn‘t act accordingly because we were afraid of Farf Psy-checking DD which she ended up not doing so in hindsight Bel was the way to go.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thank you @SirSamuel016 @Lambu for the game. We didn‘t play mafia to it‘s proper potential this game so I can‘t tell where the balance would be normally. Just from top of head I‘d change the Doc on mafia Ouroboros to something that is useful, and maybe give the poor Traitor a role or Ouroboros so he‘s not a sitting duck, a Sleeper with a conscience.
Thank you for playing my friendo, was great to have you 🙏

Without doing a full review just yet, I would agree and say things ended up being a little unbalanced doe to lack of foresight (I mean, I don't think ANY of us saw Freeman getting neutered as a possibility)- I would also change Doctor for something else for the mafia ouro.

I do wonder though whether such Santa gifts should even be possible rule-wise or whether that needs some constraints, as this allows for gifts that affect Santa after affecting the target...
There's a precedent of Santa gifts not being roles but effects (personally I think back to my game as Santa in Game 97 where some of my gifts were effect-causing rather than outright roles). Perhaps our idea of a silencer gift became too twisted once I got into adjusting it and instead of just neutering an action/vote it did both while letting santa have that vote (sort of like mafia robber and prosti rolled into one fat joint), but it was fun to see play out nonetheless 😈

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yeah they generally can be anything, including sudden voter sickness or game mechanic related gift. But I don‘t remember ever seeing a gift that directly affects Santa and not just his target, but I could be wrong. Just wondering if that‘s where we wanna draw the line regarding Santa or not.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
would santa be more balanced if they had stronger gifts, but they were announced at the start of the game?

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
guys, this game was fun, thank you hosts for hostinging (intended) @Lambu @SirSamuel016 , but as a famous man once said "i hope you get diarrhea from your next meal" for that fkn vote steal gift IT'S NOT EVEN A GIFT IT'S STEALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaarf!
😁 you did well at being a santa for not having the role I will say :teehee

Yeah they generally can be anything, including sudden voter sickness or game mechanic related gift. But I don‘t remember ever seeing a gift that directly affects Santa and not just his target, but I could be wrong. Just wondering if that‘s where we wanna draw the line regarding Santa or not.
I'm really going to be what gets Santa nerfed 💀
On another note, I think seeing a pure Santa win without the "join a faction" thing was also nice, shows that Santa might be fine as is, especially in the right comp

would santa be more balanced if they had stronger gifts, but they were announced at the start of the game?
I feel like that sort of thing may limit Santa a bit in what it can then carry as well as influencing how people play from the outset of a game, rather than naturally discovering Santa from someone going 'ooh look, I got a gift'

Plus in this game, I don't think that it was necessarily Santa being unbalanced, but the Mafia team lacking a bit of man/firepower to compete with town in the end, whilst Santa capitalised on numerous misplays.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I don‘t think every gift needs to be announced to the recipient, some hosts do some don‘t. When I won as Santa nobody got notified I believe, but weird stuff happening like out of nowhere voter disease made it clear there was one.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don‘t think every gift needs to be announced to the recipient, some hosts do some don‘t. When I won as Santa nobody got notified I believe, but weird stuff happening like out of nowhere voter disease made it clear there was one.
We did notify all recipients as well as with all the details they needed for their gifts (like how Jammin got a full run-down over how he was getting cunted on) and I do think that has its place in games. Listing the santa gifts in the OP like Panda might be suggesting though is overkill imo.

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Welp congrats @Hardy for the win, you played it well.

Thanks hosts @SirSamuel016 @Lambu for the game ! I'm sorry for missing out the first day :pout

@Farfalla I got that Ouro at the very last moment lmao. It was either the last Santa gift or from Gry yeah. Anyway thank you for carrying town so far, you were definitely our pillar this game. Don't let the haters get to you. :vbunny

I'm sorry for being "half-dead" and "irking" people with my lack of participation lol. I've been struggling with some bad IRL stuff.
But now you see that activity has nothing to do with faction :D

I wasn't involved enough but it was still a great game with it's share of surprises and twists. So thanks to all the players that made it so great. :blush

-I spent all the game trying to find where was Tatsu ! found her !
Haha Tatsu hiding in the trash lol.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I'm sorry for being "half-dead" and "irking" people with my lack of participation lol. I've been struggling with some bad IRL stuff.
But now you see that activity has nothing to do with faction :D
Ah I was trying to understand why Demon wouldn't try to kill you, so saw you as mafia and wrote that based on why Bran - which I also saw as mafia - would have considered letting you go. My bad for the wording, those were rough indeed, Tatsu. I prefer when people make more effort to participate cause otherwise it becomes so much harder to try to understand what they're up to... But welp, can't help it if life gets in the way, it comes first.

Someone that got me wrong was Demon. When I say "malicious" I mean intent, that it's not genuine but an antitown measure. I didn't mean to say you're evil or something o.o

OK, gotta stop being a sore loser:
Thaaaaank you, hosts! I rly like the game overall, the design was simple but with enough elements for entertainment and I like the mech. Sam also listened to my rumination for the longest time lol, so I appreciate the shoulder. But yeah, that gif... Rly, I'd even use the word unfair... It didn't matter if a D5 reveal (with hidden actions that served nothing) or a third Ouro looked so bad and farfetched - we were presented with something that looked impossible (a Santa to have a gift in hands to use - even tho it wasn't exactly that Ik, that's how it came off, hence impossible). And sure, Jamz could have revealed him and he wouldn't, and context made a lot of difference in there, but having the guts to fight something that looks impossible by design is just... Well, not what I think I'd ever do... A shame it just felt like so much of a weird gamble to pursue that, GB and Baka did say it all looked odd and off towards the end...

Thx team, especially the ones with roles/Ouro, all of you collected insights that were so important for us to put the puzzle together with your actions, and Bel even stopped a kill. LOL during those days I saw a message "Leo takes the skies" and was like "yeees, go queen Bel!" (we killed our king tho... gomen again Bran...). Kat also had no weapons but imo positioned herself very well the whole game, it wasn't only the gift that made her look believable. In general, some nice town teamwork!

Finally... Fine, Poopie... Congratz. My salt ain't because of you - imo you were the best player: you were out there all the time, you created a whole town atmosphere around you when you'd argue in Brans behalf for example, manipulated me in a good sense by defending me, and made some smart moves with the gifts. Not everything was correct, but flaws are just natural when we don't have the whole picture. This victory was completely deserved in spite of what and your smarts is sexy u.u (you're also very tender and cute #offtopic)

Last edited:

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
:gwah
No I just looked for a gif with a character hidden. It had no insulting or offending intention. :pout
Ah I was trying to understand why Demon wouldn't try to kill you, so saw you as mafia and wrote that based on why Bran - which I also saw as mafia - would have considered letting you go. My bad for the wording, those were rough indeed, Tatsu. I prefer when people make more effort to participate cause otherwise it becomes so much harder to try to understand what they're up to... But welp, can't help it if life gets in the way, it comes first.
No worries guys. I'm also kidding with you. I would never take anything you say badly or at least badly enough to get angry/offended.
I understand that whitout players participation there is no game so I'm genuinely sorry for being so afk. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again :lovebunny

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Last time I checked the thread Farf had Hardy on the ropes and all the mafia lined up so I assumed this was over but that 'present' fucked it up. If the hosts cannot be accused of rule violation then they can be charged with altering the English language specifically the definition of a present/gift from 'giving' to also include stealing. That said, now the precedent is set where Santa can do things that alter game perceptions, I am excited to see what a Barkeeper gift looks like.

Farf you did a great job carrying for town. Thank you for your gomens although I do live by playing scum-ly so I shall die by playing scum-ly as well. I wish you had won the game. But that was Hardy's honour. I've won a game where rules were broken and it's no easy task to win in that environment. You had to get every block and bullet to work for you so you deserve victory.

Thank you all. And I shall learn from Jammin's claiming techniques. P.S. My family and friends express their thanks to the hosts in advance as I invoke N's despair this Christmas and steal all their jewellery.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I am excited to see what a Barkeeper gift looks like.
Gifts barkeeper role that is used the same night, but Santa automatically joins the bar along with 3 others of Santas choice, but Santa only pretends to drink and remains sober so he hears all other 4 player‘s roles(including the barkeeper), all their actions and selects their actions this night for them. He also steals their car keys.

Sounds reasonable.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I might not be available on the 12 or 13th but playing SxF mafia game sounds fun, so I try to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.