Discussion - Magic Power Types | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Magic Power Types

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The thing is that we don't know the limits of his Transformation ability. So far he only turned into a fox and Complete Fairy(two different ones). Other Fairies only had Human forms(King with his fat form and Helbram who turned into the hunter who fooled him).

We have never seen him turn into a Demon, Goddess or Giant but now I think he might be able to.
What if he changes into Tristan?! :teehee :cheez

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The thing is that we don't know the limits of his Transformation ability. So far he only turned into a fox and Complete Fairy(two different ones). Other Fairies only had Human forms(King with his fat form and Helbram who turned into the hunter who fooled him).

We have never seen him turn into a Demon, Goddess or Giant but now I think he might be able to.
What were his two fairy forms? I don't think having multiple forms is all that significant. Both helbram and king transformed into people they met, presumably they can transform into however many other forms as well.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
king transformed into people they met, presumably they can transform into however many other forms as well.
Who was King copying? He seemed to have both humanoid forms established for his own tastes and to match his overall real looks. The Henry VIII inspired one was somewhat older and obese, and I don' think he ever met Elvis for his "adult" form, regardless of the mocking comparisons some of us made. It was just him but taller, with longer, differently styled hair. And obviously different clothes.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Who was King copying? He seemed to have both humanoid forms established for his own tastes and to match his overall real looks. The Henry VIII inspired one was somewhat older and obese, and I don' think he ever met Elvis for his "adult" form, regardless of the mocking comparisons some of us made. It was just him but taller, with longer, differently styled hair. And obviously different clothes.
IIRC the QA question once said king's fat form was some noble he met back in the day. His adult form is not a transformation, at least not in the same sense as the fat form.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What if he changes into Tristan?! :teehee :cheez
Can he though?

IIRC the QA question once said king's fat form was some noble he met back in the day. His adult form is not a transformation, at least not in the same sense as the fat form.
I checked here and I didn't find that answer. I would be kinda surprised if it was the case because his Human form looks a lot like him but I feel like I have read this somewhere before.

Still, there was something interesting: Fairies can't turn into people of the opposite sex. But maybe it doesn't apply to Lancelot.

His two Fairy forms were the one used in Grudge of Edinburgh and the one he used to fool Merascylla.

He is the one with green and blond hair.

First time I saw this manga page I was curious because in base Lancelot can't fly. But with Nakaba's recent answer it makes sense.

Lancelot also said in a volume extra that he isn't limited to his fox transformation(he hadn't shown these two forms yet, at least the identity of the fat one wasn't official) but that it's a "pain in the ass" so it must be harder.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Okay about the first form, but from what I recall the only things he took on were the outfit's opulence, the weight(and different odour as a result) and overly formal behaviour, he maintained the hair, eye colour and essential personality. As for the latter, it's still a transformation that requires effort to maintain, whenever his magic gets depleted or he's exausted, he reverts to younger teen form.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I checked here and I didn't find that answer. I would be kinda surprised if it was the case because his Human form looks a lot like him but I feel like I have read this somewhere before.
I remember the fat form being referred to as based on what humans would generally found to be expected in a king/aristocrat...which is ironic, he'd have to have met Bartra at least once.

Oh, about Tristan, if Lance can change into a fox, and we don't have it confirmed that Ban had somehow become a werefox(although there was that odd switch back and forth transformation back in Purgatory), he should be able to take on a form similar to Tristan, if only appearance-wise, though I do understand your qualms about the nephilim particular build. However, Lance is hybrid himself, so maybe it takes one to better understand one...

Last edited:

The Knight of War

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Shining road is just a release of Lancelot's raw magic energy, just as he manipulated it to form various energy weapons

Redpercy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Disaster ??
If you are asking what Disaster is, it is :

It is the innate magic of King (and the all the Fairy Kings) that makes him able to transform a small wound into a serious injury, an ordinary poison into a deadly poison, and a small tumor into a large tumor. It is said that it gives the Fairy Kings complete control over life and death, granting them the authority and to rule over the Fairy Realm as its King

And it is the basic power that allows the Fairy Kings to extract the mysterious qualities of their spiritual spears.

+ I do not think that Lancelot showed anything indicating, even a little, that he possesses the Disaster, but who knows? Anything is possible now as long as Lancelot's magic is still a unknown
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shining road is just a release of Lancelot's raw magic energy, just as he manipulated it to form various energy weapons
This is exactly what I think and it is the most logical option

Eiyuu Yami

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I always thought shining road is his innate magic ability?

Nakaba really needs to explain stuff like that more. They all are doing just some supernatural shit as if it's normal...

Feels like to me there's hardly any boundaries to their abilities.

The Knight of War

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
If you are asking what Disaster is, it is :

It is the innate magic of King (and the all the Fairy Kings) that makes him able to transform a small wound into a serious injury, an ordinary poison into a deadly poison, and a small tumor into a large tumor. It is said that it gives the Fairy Kings complete control over life and death, granting them the authority and to rule over the Fairy Realm as its King
that's only part of what Disaster can do
in general, Disaster grants its user the ability to altering and controlling matter at a molecular level,
thanks to this, he can apply techniques such as: Status Promotion, Condense Power, and modify the natural status of something
and change its shape, and it also gives him complete control over nature....

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
@Reda92

Didn't say it's impossible just that I find it less likely. Tristan used stars/sky as theme for his attacks but their nature doesn't change. Lancelot being envious of Tristan's ambidexterity is from the lines they have in the fanart section of the volumes.

Here is the page:

They are pretty fun to read in general and flesh out the relationships between some of the characters IMO. In V3 one of the things Percival says imply that he met Ban before too.

Disaster basically allows King to amplify and reduce the effects of things. He amplifies the powers of Chastiefol which has different forms and are plants from his kingdom. He tried using it on Cain before, by triggering his rheumatism, there is also Condense Power and Status Promotion.

Raw manipulation of energy has never been common in this series and now Nakaba even revealed a type which fits that exactly. Besides PoD and Ark user I can't remember anyone using their power to change the shape of their magic as they please, besides Percival who has Hero Type Magic. Lancelot doing that as a Fairy, makes him stand out, Shining Road also necessitates a weapon + it's not just an energy beam. It's a homing attack and travel on the ground.

Redpercy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Didn't say it's impossible just that I find it less likely. Tristan used stars/sky as theme for his attacks but their nature doesn't change. Lancelot being envious of Tristan's ambidexterity is from the lines they have in the fanart section of the volumes.

Here is the page:

They are pretty fun to read in general and flesh out the relationships between some of the characters IMO. In V3 one of the things Percival says imply that he met Ban before too.
Amazing, where can I read it?

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So Tristan's New Power (Annihilation) is the pinnacle of the Destruction-type magic, right?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's definitely very strong, but I think it's too soon to say it's the pinnacle.

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's definitely very strong, but I think it's too soon to say it's the pinnacle.
Well, "Annihilation: reducing something to NOTHING" ... what's beyond nothingness? :imslow

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, "Annihilation: reducing something to NOTHING" ... what's beyond nothingness? :imslow
That's what we call a hyperbole because people of this age - myth or not - had no idea of the atomic and subatomic plane, so it is not literally "nothingness". It's a figure of speech.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If Ark + PoD= Disintegration then we we'll see more powerful techniques from Tristan himself. For now it's better to wait and see if it can truly annihilate anything like Medoroa from DQ or if it's just a stronger "element" buffing his moves which can be resisted depending on your level.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
@Yakkun @Demonspeed
Watch this 2 min. video about matter and antimatter
I honestly don't care about the physics regarding this. To me it's simply the usual energy and its opposite being mixed for something greater than the sum of its parts. Its ability to truly destroy everything and break all defenses is what I am curious about.

You are thinking too much about the physics stuff IMO and I don't have your passion for Tristan and his abilities. Still, there was something that I found interesting in the manga and which is physics related. It stood out to me when it happened:

When PoD is extremely potent is has mass.

It was strange because I think something like that had never been mentioned before, I am surprised you didn't talk about this TBH. Perhaps it's a hint for the development of Tristan's future powers.

What can you make of this?

Last edited:

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What can you make of this?
I'm aware of it actually. I just need time to post a Bombshell Theory that would clarify certain points regarding this Light & Darkness mixture :super