Mangahelpers Anime Awards 2012 Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mangahelpers Anime Awards 2012 Discussion Thread

Goral

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
And not just what they watched in the 2012 calender year, but everything they watch.
Yeah, except most people nominate anime from this year anyway (or anime that are currently airing even though they've started earlier). It's most apparent in "Best Anime Overall" thread. For example Hunter x Hunter 2011 is way worse than 1999 version but because it's new it's one of the most popular series in this plebiscite.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, except most people nominate anime from this year anyway (or anime that are currently airing even though they've started earlier). It's most apparent in "Best Anime Overall" thread. For example Hunter x Hunter 2011 is way worse than 1999 version but because it's new it's one of the most popular series in this plebiscite.
Then nominate it :)

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
First, let's clear up one important thing: The "2012" part of "Anime Award 2012" does not refer to the time limitation of each categories. This is not an Oscar, unless it's explicitly stated, there is no time limitation in nominating. The year is referring to when the event is held, pretty much the same with the previous Anime award.

Could I ask what is wrong with that? Some people might nominate newer Anime over the old one in the "Best Anime Overall", since probably newer Anime is more memorable compared to the old one, and I couldn't see anything wrong with that.

Hunter X Hunter 2011 might be worse than Hunter X Hunter 1999, but remember, that's your personal opinion. We are trying to respect every member who are trying to nominate their favorites here, regardless whether other member think that such Anime might be undeserved to get nominated due to the lack of quality and the like. The best way to introduce your favorite Anime is, like Uriel said, nominate it. Only by such action, people could vote the Anime which you think deserves "Best Anime Overall".

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I don't understand your point. If only anime from 2012 were eligible then neither version of Hunter x Hunter would be eligible. And why are you posting about that here anyway? If the older version is that much better, go nominate it. Posting about it here doesn't do anyone any good. Who cares if it wins or not anyway? This is just an anime popularity contest at a medium sized manga forum, it's not like you get a prize for winning.

Honestly people, let's try and maintain a little perspective. This is not a matter of serious business, or a matter of dire consequences. We are not changing the awards to 2012 anime only this late into the nomination process. If all you want to nominate are anime from 2012, then only nominate anime from 2012. Don't like the anime being nominated? Go nominate what you like. Not interested? Don't participate. Breathe. Relax. Have fun.

Last edited:

Yuyunarutoballz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've noticed that older animes are at a severe disadvantage in these award thingies. Seems like if the show hasn't come out in the pass 2 or 3 years, and or isn't ongoing they're hardly brought up or nominated whether they deserve it or not :gwah

Last edited by a moderator:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Admittedly, I nominated a lot of newer series (2 or 3 years old) because they're fresher in my mind than the classic ones, or even less recent ones (5 or so years ago). Not that the older ones aren't great or anything (TTGL is one of my top 5 anime), but in the moment of recalling anime that have made an impression on me, I'm going to naturally go for ones I remember more recently, like Fate/Zero or Madoka Magicka.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
There is only so much praise Grave of the Fireflies and Spirited Away can receive without it feeling forced. It's simply a matter of living in the present, rather than forgetting the past. We all probably have spent a considerable amount of time and effort recommending old favorites, there is nothing wrong with spending an equal amount of time praising the new. Nostalgia is for losers.

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't understand your point. If only anime from 2012 were eligible then neither version of Hunter x Hunter would be eligible. And why are you posting about that here anyway? If the older version is that much better, go nominate it. Posting about it here doesn't do anyone any good. Who cares if it wins or not anyway? This is just an anime popularity contest at a medium sized manga forum, it's not like you get a prize for winning.

Honestly people, let's try and maintain a little perspective. This is not a matter of serious business, or a matter of dire consequences. We are not changing the awards to 2012 anime only this late into the nomination process. If all you want to nominate are anime from 2012, then only nominate anime from 2012. Don't like the anime being nominated? Go nominate what you like. Not interested? Don't participate. Breathe. Relax. Have fun.
I think HxH 2011 is eligible in this situation as it aired throughout this year and things that happened during this year deserve nomination for example Gon vs Hisoka for best fight.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I have a question: Why is there no "Best OST" category? At first i thought that you guys did not want the music to be a part of the awards but then again, there is a category about the "Best opening" and "Best ending theme".

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I have a question: Why is there no "Best OST" category? At first i thought that you guys did not want the music to be a part of the awards but then again, there is a category about the "Best opening" and "Best ending theme".
"Best Opening" and "Best Ending" are supposed to be a combination of both song and the animation. However, it seems that most members are interpreting those categories as the best opening song and best ending song, and I believe we would have no problem with such interpretation.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
"Best Opening" and "Best Ending" are supposed to be a combination of both song and the animation. However, it seems that most members are interpreting those categories as the best opening song and best ending song, and I believe we would have no problem with such interpretation.
Ah, i see, thx for the information

Kazna

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
When seeing the "Best Couple" thread, I think we should also have "Best Duo" category :zomg

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
When seeing the "Best Couple" thread, I think we should also have "Best Duo" category :zomg
A little to late for this year, the nomination process is nearing it's end, but a good new category we will consider for the next awards.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
All the category threads are now closed, thanks a lot to all of you for your great participation! :zomg

The awards will resume on the 2nd January (4 PM GMT+1) and start with the first voting round to decide the finalists. I know it's not how it was originally planned but through to the overwhelming amount of nominations in a lot of categories we decided to have one voting round to decide the 5 finalists. Everything else will be mentioned when the first voting round starts. Until then I wish all of you a happy New Years, I hope you have a fun day!

Leonsagara

Reaction score
Country
United States
My nomination for the cast of Tenchi Universe is missing from the list for Full Cast nominees. I posted that I wanted to change it from Hunter x Hunter.

[tmod=Doraku]Done.[/tmod]

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
My nominations for Best twist

One Piece
Ace dies

Monster
Johann gets shot

Kiba

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hunter x Hunter rules the awards :3c

Gotenkss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Once the Chimera arc gets animated, it will probably go above the Biggies (One pieece/Naruto/Bleach)

Hunter x Hunter rules the awards :3c