Feedback - MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread | Page 19 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
As far as I know it's used as more of a mini reward for Staff in recognition of their services, and as rewards for choice events or as Darky said, the leaderboard. I don't think they'll allow all users to set their own titles, since that will eliminate the meaning a Custom Title has right now. Even I'm not allowed to edit my title. It was a one-time luxury :)

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
@Pat Can we make this feature where every user can edit the "Registered User" below his name to whatever he or she likes

Like say @DiMaria Yesta changed it "Chronometer".

I remember in FTB we used to have this feature. But can it be done here also for all users :?bunny

Thank You in advance.
Currently only staff members are allowed to edit their user titles. As Darky and WYIS said, others only get it as a one-time reward if they win special contests or such. I know some other forums are more flexible in that matter but I doubt we'll change this policy soon.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Is the permission tied to changing Custom Titles a Group based perm or a forum setting?

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
It's a usergroup permission, otherwise admins would need to make these changes each and every time which would be a tedious task.

Grimmjagger

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can there be like a monthly/yearly award for those writing story on here? There are quite a lot of effort into them and honestly, I think they need more exposure.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Can there be like a monthly/yearly award for those writing story on here? There are quite a lot of effort into them and honestly, I think they need more exposure.
There is a Best Writers Award in the Annual Community Awards.

Lost in you

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Why not add a user of the month award? In my opinion, it would make users post more and it would be like a popularity contest too!

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Why not add a user of the month award? In my opinion, it would make users post more and it would be like a popularity contest too!
We have annual Community Awards to recognize members' contributions to the forum in various categories which can also be considered a popularity contest. A monthly award, in that sense, may overlap the scope and value of the Community Awards but if it gains enough support from staffers, it may be introduced at one point.

Lost in you

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Is there any hope for an update to add gifs as dp?

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
What do you mean by "dp"?

Lost in you

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Avatars? You can already use gif pictures as avatars, did you receive an error?
I remember not being able to before the update which probably had some changes regarding that but, I thought it was still not possible. I will try it.

EDIT: It worked.