Discussion - Manhwa that deserves its own anime | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Manhwa that deserves its own anime

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m a huge anime fan and there is a thread for manga in the OC, so I thought it would be cool to have one for Manhwa. :)

What manhwa would you like to see to get turned into an anime? Freezing got its own anime last anime season, so there is real possibility for some of your favorite series to get their own anime adaptation.

As for me, I would like for “The Breaker” to get its own anime. The kiss nominated in the MH Manga Awards was enough to convince me that an anime adaptation of that series would be awesome.

I would also like for “Noblesse” to get its own anime. All credit for me wanting a Noblesse anime goes to Charlie’s very persuading avy and sig.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aflame inferno - by the same author as freezing.

ID - The most epic fusion fantasy (greatest ^^;)

- Rpg like world setting with a host of odd characters, magic, fighting. Should have its own cult.

Zippy Ziggy - It so hilarious I would love to see an anime take on that.

Yureka - aka ID Entity - Game based mmorpg fantasy.

Noblesse - Another one that needs a cult. Might already have forum cults on the net.

The breaker and Veritas. - Both action packed 5 star series.

Kiss wood - Short and enjoyable web series. Would look great as an anime.

Those are all thats coming to me at the moment.

Koshi_Inaba

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The breaker and noblesse. Also, I would like Shin Angyo Onshi to get a series, the movie didn't satisfy me

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

ID - The most epic fusion fantasy (greatest ^^;)

- Rpg like world setting with a host of odd characters, magic, fighting. Should have its own cult.

Zippy Ziggy - It so hilarious I would love to see an anime take on that.

Yureka - aka ID Entity - Game based mmorpg fantasy.

Noblesse - Another one that needs a cult. Might already have forum cults on the net.

Those are all thats coming to me at the moment.
u forgot Ares :cookiehand

killer7

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
First of all :Hope I watch them get animated specially the first three.

Ares : For one of the greatest manhwa's war comics. Epic doest describe this story at all. ( scav u really hv a good taste in manhwa ;) )

Veritas : cause it is one of the greatest fighting comics even though the author had finish it fast and didnt take his time with it in the end(my opinion).

The Breaker : One hell of a manwha and the first one I did read from manwha which makes me respect the Korean art.

ID : but without Volume 12-13 cause in my opinion the author had disrespect all the religions in these volumes and I did hardly finish it by pretending that thing is just a bad guy and not God. Only the RPG style what makes me watching it cause it is really good.

Yureka : Because I was an online gamer and it was wonderful to watch and laugh with that attitude of that hero(Roto).I did stopped at V27 and it is hard to download translated volumes.

chunchu : Even if I did only watch the only 21 translated chapters, I did like it.

Last edited:

tobeulp

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The Breaker and Noblesse..
Because Breaker at first I think it is a Manga or Shounen because it is good..
Noblesse I think this will be a hit if turn into an Anime mainly because more girls will watch it because of the characters are mainly had good looks it will be like Vampire Knight but it is better because the story didn't had the romance part and the story blend well for guys to watch it also..

Last edited:

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

That and of course, I will like to see Red Erewhon animated. However, the above four will make great series.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't know if I would like to see Noblesse animated. A great part of my liking in the serie is the Web comic design and it would be lost in the animation. Plus it's already in color. Otherwise I agree with the others candidates

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I agree with most of your recommendation. But some of you guys definetly forgot to add The Legend of Maian (same author as Freezing, Aflame Inferno) and Tower of God. And I'm still wondering why the latter doesn't have it's own thread or did I miss it.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I agree with most of your recommendation. But some of you guys definetly forgot to add The Legend of Maian (same author as Freezing, Aflame Inferno) and Tower of God. And I'm still wondering why the latter doesn't have it's own thread or did I miss it.
well u're free to open a thread whenever u want, just do it :cookiehand

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
well u're free to open a thread whenever u want, just do it :cookiehand
I think I will do it in the near future. So look forward to it. :D

ChaoticKen

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
  • Western Shotgun (Blazin' Barrels in America) a sadly under appreciated series. Like, really under appreciated. Tragically under appreciated. Like Your Mom™.
  • ChunRangYhulJun and its sequel NOW.
  • I'd love to see YhulHyulGangHo animated, but I wasn't too fond of its early stages which overdid on the perverted gags. Starting from around Volume 18, though, to the current chapters (Volume 54 as of the moment)... that would be fucking awesome.
  • As a lot of people noted, The Breaker.
  • Master School Olympus (PhD: Phantasy Degree) might be worth it... if the author had actually bothered to release anything.

Most stuff by Im DahlYung probably isn't worth animating. Too much fanservicey bullshittery.

Honestly, I can't really remember a whole lot of manhwa that I used to read back in the old days.

MangaConnoisseur

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, Noblesse need its own anime.I can already imagine how the action scenes will go in it.Epic,especially with Rai telling people to kneel all the time.Sun-ken Rock definitely needs its own anime.I like the art in SKR for some reason.I wonder how it will look animated.There are alot others that deserve their own anime, but too many to name,so I am just going to go with these two for right now as my top choosing.I am reading so many manhwa right now, that I'm caught up in all of the stories and sometimes I can't even remember whats happening in some of them right off the top of my head lol.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
i think the animaters might show some respect to veritas by making it into an anime, that might just fuel enough public favouritism and fandom to inspire the authors to give second season (manhwa) a try
i mean the ending of the season 1 asnt an ending that a series of this caliber should receive its still cliff hanged

after that obviously Breaker ought to be animated followed by noblesse and witch hunter

Last edited:

Me2Ecchi

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
There are alot of manhwa that i would like animated. Ares is on top of my list, but i dont know if it will ever get a animation.
The Breaker, Veritas and Noblesse could make some good animes, and in the future Tower of God and Green Boy. I like the art in Green Boy but would be hard cuz it would be competing with Hajime no Ippo.

evolwizard4

Reaction score
Country
Guam
Aflame Inferno

Bludvein

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Breaker, ID, and Witch Hunter. All 3 of those would be amazing animated.

EDIT: On a side note, I can't believe Witch Hunter wasn't mentioned already.

Last edited:

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The Breaker :wtf
This manhwa gotta have an anime ASAP. I'm still praying to see it happen . Should we contact the author or an anime production team and beg them or something :darn

Another manhwa would be Noblesse and Tower of God . This 2 also deserve their own anime IMO :smile-big

The_kid

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Sun ken rock
The breaker series
Witch hunter
High school
Crows
Holy land

what left, my mind is kindof faint