Discussion - Manhwa that deserves its own anime | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Manhwa that deserves its own anime

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Veritas first and formost. To me it was the best supernatural martial arts comic ever made.

Also...

• Noblesse
  • Tower Of God
  • The Breaker
  • ID
  • The Magician

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I never really imagined manhwa to be animated. In my head, the artwork manhwa offers does not really match what we often see in anime, and not the kind I want to see animated as well because I think it would be strange. I feel that manhwa in general are trying to be as close as they can to the real thing in this world (in terms of landscapes and people). Unlike manga and anime which are completely... fantastical. I once saw how the author of Orange Marmalade turned a photo of landscape into one of the background in the story. That kind of thing, I think, is not to be animated...

Played by real life actors and turned into drama/live-action, that's more possible. :derp

Amaurin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't believe God Of Highschool was not mentioned. It has astonishing artwork, and the manhwa itself is amazing. I recommend reading it if you have the time. My other choice would be Ares as it was my first manhwa and one of my favorites, and the choice after that would be Tower Of God.

apellon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
haters gonna hate
I dont think Veritas deserves an anime ( ...if it does i would be happy)
but i think :
1- the breaker
2- tower of god

would be more suited for it ...
I mean i enjoy veritas, its cool, but it feels more like a generic of the breaker than anything else .. it has a very static story and plot , its a little too simple.. its great but to me the breaker top it , hands down...

I would be also excited if they make a : tower of god ...
the art the world the epicness , the plot ... could make it a AAA anime.

there are some other manhwa that i also love, of course ( nobless , ares, angyo and all ..) , all of them would be nice to be in anime ( it goes without saying that for some reason we end up with so many lame mangas being done in anime, while so great titles as the one we talked about are left in the corner.... it pisses me off )

anyhow, to me , those 2 stand out the most..

random question :

i was wondering anyone remembers a manhwa pretty old , i cant remember the name ! i used to read it back when angyo onshi was famous like 8 years ago or so ...
it was about some guy with a demon/devil inside him ( original ) , set in the medieval fantastic world , really gore and violent .. pretty mature .. with one of the friend of the hero called "shin?" (or maybe not) and this guy would always be with a smile on his face , u could never see his eyes .. until he gets serious and become monster like god , part of a ancient legendary military legion or something !? it had a little berserk feel to it .... does that rings anyone bells ...?

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
random question :

i was wondering anyone remembers a manhwa pretty old , i cant remember the name ! i used to read it back when angyo onshi was famous like 8 years ago or so ...
it was about some guy with a demon/devil inside him ( original ) , set in the medieval fantastic world , really gore and violent .. pretty mature .. with one of the friend of the hero called "shin?" (or maybe not) and this guy would always be with a smile on his face , u could never see his eyes .. until he gets serious and become monster like god , part of a ancient legendary military legion or something !? it had a little berserk feel to it .... does that rings anyone bells ...?
No idea, sorry. I can't think of anything like that offhand.

apellon

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
No idea, sorry. I can't think of anything like that offhand.

yea , it was a little like ares also ... same kind of war stories ares/berserk style with a fantastic art style..

but i m not sure it ever got scanned on the internet , since it was like 8years ago and manhwa werent that popular back then...

anyway thank you for trying bro

Last edited:

Nast.J

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I was actually asking myself that question at some point but I've realized that an anime wouldn't be able to fullfill our expectations.

Especially for Tower Of God because if some effects aren't well done such as shinwoo/baangs etc.. it's going to pretty much ruin everything.

I also think at the end of the day, i would still prefer the colored chapters.

But if an incredible studio happened to try adapting manwhas, I would like them to do something similar to this :

To summarize, I would be against an anime adaptation unless it would be 100% sure that it would look amazing.In that case, I would choose Noblesse, Tower Of God and God of High-school, those 3 have the anime potential.

As for the rests of the manwhas that were mentionned, i just don't see them as anime.

Rica_Patin

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I feel like Tower of God would be perfect as western made animated series to air on Cartoon Network (not Adult Swim but just normal Cartoon Network, could maybe move to Adult Swim once Season 2 started)

apellon

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I was actually asking myself that question at some point but I've realized that an anime wouldn't be able to fullfill our expectations.

Especially for Tower Of God because if some effects aren't well done such as shinwoo/baangs etc.. it's going to pretty much ruin everything.

I also think at the end of the day, i would still prefer the colored chapters.

But if an incredible studio happened to try adapting manwhas, I would like them to do something similar to this :

To summarize, I would be against an anime adaptation unless it would be 100% sure that it would look amazing.In that case, I would choose Noblesse, Tower Of God and God of High-school, those 3 have the anime potential.

As for the rests of the manwhas that were mentionned, i just don't see them as anime.

well thats the problem with every thing in life ... Super man movie sucked so far ... but if you get the right director , like a Snyder , then u get a Man of steel coming wich looks dope...
but ofcourse it could be destroyed by a lame direction .... but it could work like game of thrones ;p

Themistocles

Reaction score
Country
Canada
came to post Ares, someone beat me to it. Basically, as mentioned before, Ares, the Breaker, Nobless, Veritas (all good series methinks)

I think City of Dead Magician could be made into a good anime, but it will most likely never happen :(

Rarhyx

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
definitely Witch Hunter.
it's so badass and hilarious at the same time.

Spectrum

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
definitely Witch Hunter.
it's so badass and hilarious at the same time.
Witch Hunter is so good... i love this manhwa! It definitely deserves an anime.

And obviously The Breaker and Tower of God too, both of them are amazing manhwas with amazing plot and awesome characters.

Ryuzaki L

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I would like to see Feng Shen Ji :cheez

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Witch Hunter is so good... i love this manhwa! It definitely deserves an anime.

And obviously The Breaker and Tower of God too, both of them are amazing manhwas with amazing plot and awesome characters.
The breakers is the longest running mainstream manhwa so far if they do host an anime I would be very very much surprised if they diregarded breaker.. saying that i must admit i would like to see the anime of TOG and The gamer more than breakers

Spectrum

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The breakers is the longest running mainstream manhwa so far if they do host an anime I would be very very much surprised if they diregarded breaker.. saying that i must admit i would like to see the anime of TOG and The gamer more than breakers
I don't really know if some company will make an anime of TB/TBNW ): but if this manhwa get an anime, I would like to see it produced by Mad House / IG...

And i would love to see the anime of TOG, it would be absolutely flawless

Cloudyrain

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'd like to see Noblesse have its own animebut i want to hear it in korean
and Kubera these are my favorite manhwa's !!
but again I think maybe Noblesse deserves it's own anime:super:hip

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How about Unbalance x 3

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Totally agree on Tower of God.

We got some Noblesse animation and I thought that came out pretty well. So more of that for sure.

Not sure about Breaker anymore. I'd love a good Breaker animation but knowing that series I can't shake the feeling that is the exact kind of series an animation studio would mess up. So I'm not sure I even want to see them try with that one.

---------------

My biggest wish right now though would be for an animated version of Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.

The webtoon adaptation of the webnovel has turned out so well. It gave everything the perfect visual style and I think it's one that would be amazing as an animated series.