Shounen - MAO by Rumiko Takahashi | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen MAO by Rumiko Takahashi

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Raw you can download from here

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter out

@Crescent Jinx

@revo

@Asako

@Cat Sidhe26

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
There is something very old and nostalgic about seeing this although it seems much cleaner than the Inuyasha manga, it still keeps that simplistic, old fashion art format. I wouldn’t mind that this time - the girl is the half demon. :toc It was a pretty basic first chapter. Unlike certain other first chapters which overwhelm you. :3c Just don’t want the plot to be too cliche. The girl’s blood and feeding her something that might seal her powers reminds me of that other Takahashi story. It was a really short one where the girl was fed her family members or something and made her better. Anyway. Not sure if this will be that dark. Has more of a Inuyasha vibe to it. Hope to see more.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
@OtakuFreak

You might wanna try this it has NNT vibe.
Does it have a main female character which is treated as a piece of meat rather than a real character?

if so count me in

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Does it have a main female character which is treated as a piece of meat rather than a real character?

if so count me in
Read the first chapter, it's really good.
Asako and Revo is also reading it.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Definitely going to read it today
Yup it's written by the author of Inuyasha,Maison Ikkou and Ranma 1/2 so you can expect high tier stuff.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
This was a nice debut Chapter,gotta say. While reading it i felt like i was reading Inuyasha or Ranma 1/2,which are 2 of my All time favorite Manga's actually,both highly enjoyable with very catchy Artstyles and Stories for me personally at least. The Author is known for doing Story and the Drawing by herself which is impressive,i do like her artstyle a lot. Anyway,back to MAO's debut chapter,was about to drive off there lol. It was a good start,the setup seems intriguing and the characters seem so as well. For a moment it reminded me a lot of Inuyasha's begin but it did well to separate itself from that by not keeping the Girl in their world but by giving her a connection to it first and a mysterious background with this accident that she seemed to have "survived" but just on the surface apparently. I'll keep up with this because i feel like this'll be another great piece of work from the Author,she delivered before and i have faith she will again. Looking forward to how it continues.:verily

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Second Chapter out Everyone

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
This Manga does remind me more of Inuyasha than Ranma after all,there seem to be some parallels to the formers World and Story from what i could gather. I'm not exactly sure how this doorway to the Past Era functions but it's interesting that it would be located where the Nanoka's incident occured,infact it might've just been because of what she saw at the end of the Chapter. I feel like that Monster she saw is either a random Demon or infact the Bouki that cursed Mao. I'll continue reading this Manga,it's hooked me already.:nerd

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is really close to Inuyasha. And it looks like Nanoka is what if Kagome’s sicknesses were real. I like it

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Me: “Her eyes look cat-ish”
Mao: *Was cursed by a cat*
Me: “She jumped like a cat”

Kikyo sealed Inuyasha. And Kagome was her reincarnation. So there could be a connection to the curse there. And while Inuyasha was a dog demon, the girl could have the connection to a cat demon this time. It’s really going to take it a few chapters to spread its wings and branch out from the Inuyasha mold. 👀

This is really close to Inuyasha. And it looks like Nanoka is what if Kagome’s sicknesses were real. I like it
Hahahaha, I thought “Her grandpa doesn’t have to make up random STDs that she’s infected with this time.”

This Manga does remind me more of Inuyasha than Ranma after all,there seem to be some parallels to the formers World and Story from what i could gather. I'm not exactly sure how this doorway to the Past Era functions but it's interesting that it would be located where the Nanoka's incident occured,infact it might've just been because of what she saw at the end of the Chapter. I feel like that Monster she saw is either a random Demon or infact the Bouki that cursed Mao. I'll continue reading this Manga,it's hooked me already.:nerd
I wonder if the doorway just reacts to her like she’s a key or if it’s always there for other special people too.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I wonder if the doorway just reacts to her like she’s a key or if it’s always there for other special people too.
If they maintain the Inuyasha Route then it is most likely just her and somewhere down the road Mao and his Assistant like Inuyasha may be able to enter the Real/Current World as well. But i'd like to think that it's just her,because of her mysterious circumstances and past. Hope we get more on that Cliffhanger next Chapter.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The characters feel more serious. Mao himself feels calmer than Inuyasha or Ranma. The assistant doesn’t have much of a personality yet. And Nanako feels the most similar to her predecessor Kagome but different backstory.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
There is something very old and nostalgic about seeing this although it seems much cleaner than the Inuyasha manga, it still keeps that simplistic, old fashion art format. I wouldn’t mind that this time - the girl is the half demon. :toc It was a pretty basic first chapter. Unlike certain other first chapters which overwhelm you. :3c Just don’t want the plot to be too cliche. The girl’s blood and feeding her something that might seal her powers reminds me of that other Takahashi story. It was a really short one where the girl was fed her family members or something and made her better. Anyway. Not sure if this will be that dark. Has more of a Inuyasha vibe to it. Hope to see more.
I don't know if any of you noticed in this panel

Nanoka's Grandfather seems to have looked at her eyes which should appear "cat-like" to anyone.But did he notice it?His expression seems to be calm.So does her grandfather knows about her true condition?I dare say Yes

Oh btw Raws for chapter 3 is out

https://mangadex.org/chapter/620626/1

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I don't know if any of you noticed in this panel

Nanoka's Grandfather seems to have looked at her eyes which should appear "cat-like" to anyone.But did he notice it?His expression seems to be calm.So does her grandfather knows about her true condition?I dare say Yes

Oh btw Raws for chapter 3 is out

https://mangadex.org/chapter/620626/1
I'm more or less torn on this actually,i wouldn't be surprised if he was to know about her condition to be honest. He seems calm and collected at what he's seeing,he's clearly looking into her eyes too so unless he has very bad eyesight that is not improved much by his glasses he should have noticed.

What i am more confused about is how she survived this incredible incident years back and got out apparently fine and healthy but nobody felt the need to look further into that or feel concerned at least a little about it. That too when she was just a child. It feels weird to me.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Chapter 4 in Spanish.

I still can’t find an English for Chps 3-4.

Last edited: