Shounen - MAO by Rumiko Takahashi | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen MAO by Rumiko Takahashi

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know when the first volume of Mao comes out?

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
I liked the new Chapter/s,although we got a bit more on Mao's past and how his fate came to be he is still shrouded in a fair bit of Mystery and so is his Katana. This whole "I thought only i was able to wield it...!!!" point had reminded me of Inuyasha and his Tessaiga who only he was able to wield as well,in it's true form at least,perhaps Mao's blade has more to it than just a well crafted Blade too. But we'll see.

The action sequences and plot development was really nice,i'm thinking that Nanoka is actually possessed by the Byouki rather than cursed like Mao is because it would make for an interesting twist. There is also that here eyes look a lot like a Cat's and we know that Byouki is a demonic Cat right? I'd like it,but if she really is cursed as well then i'd be fine with that too because that would be where her and Mao's fate would become connected with one another. I mean this is probably going to be a Ranma x Akane and Inuyasha x Kagome kind of relationship. You all know it. :hurr

Does anyone know when the first volume of Mao comes out?
Once it has reached 10-12 Chapters the Magazine will get in touch with the Publishing company of choice and they'll release the first volume in Japan,until it comes out in English that's a few more weeks after that happened. I'd say in about 2-3 Months,with the current release schedule in mind.:verily

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Shihara is probably like Hojo

Oh another new enemy.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Chapter 8!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lady Shouko is hard to read,apparently she acts for the good of the People but at the same time she seems to be involved with the Byouki who has cursed Mao and Nanoka. Hearing that Mao is 900 years old by now,his appearance/design as well as the 2 different Eras the Manga is set in gives me more and more the Inuyasha Vibes,which i love! It was one of my favorite Manga and if the Author can manage to recreate a similar story but with different premise and mechanics then i'll be happy about it! :D
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Chapter 9 on MS

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
So Byouki has a presence throughout History it seems...interesting,the case with Sougen and the Curses was interesting and gave us a lot of insight on Mao himself and the essence of curses. I feel like the comment from the Attendant implies that Mao has had a Love interest that is very different from himself similar to Inuyasha who fell for Kikyo before meeting Kagome years later. Nanoka already thinks about Mao too so we can guess where this relationship will go,it's predictable but if it'll be executed well i won't complain about it haha.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Mao first volume in it's first week sold 31,580 copies.Not a bad start I guess.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland

Chapter 17 of Mao is out,and i gotta say he almost looks like Inuyasha in his current outfit lol.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
So it's true,those cursed and influenced by the Byouki gain cat-like features as in sharp canine teeth and a change in iris/scelera. Interesting,so now Mao has shown it as well which confirms that he and Nanoka have been cursed by the same being. I wonder if we're getting some sort of dialogue between them and their fated enemy now or if the Byouki disappears as quickly as he appeared. :grumble

Haya-san

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
So, I'm kind of curious about this manga and wanted to hear opinions. I loved Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku and liked Ranma. I didn't like Inuyasha as much as her earlier works and Rinne didn't interest me. From what I have seen, this manga looks more similar to Inuyasha/Rinne, or am I wrong?