Marian Cross vs Sakata Gintoki | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Marian Cross vs Sakata Gintoki

Who wins?

• Marian Cross

• Sakata Gintoki

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Smoking next to a child, great example there marian :nah

Silverwolf442

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Smoking next to a child, great example there marian :nah
Given that children fight in wars in this series, I don't think a bit of smoking is a big deal. Allen isn't bothered by the smoke. He was more bothered by having to kill his foster father and being cursed by said father.

Not to mention it was the 1800s. I don't think smoking-awareness started until the 1900s. lol So it's probably not seen as bad in DGM. Hell, even up to the 1930s you had women who felt it was fine to smoke all throughout pregnancy.

Look at Asuma in Naruto who chain smokes around his students on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Well gintoki likes to avoid kids getting into bad habits , unlike marian :hmph
'

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well gintoki likes to avoid kids getting into bad habits , unlike marian :hmph
'
So does Cross. Allen mentions getting into Cross' alcohol chocolate at one point -allen is a violent and destructive drunk. He says Cross punished him like never before and made him swear to never to touch alcohol again. Now the mere thought of alcohol makes Allen sick.

Not to mention Allen loves Cross, and was outraged when he came face to face with the one he believed killed him. And when he sees Cross again later, he thinks Cross is an illusion, but says he was happy to see him again regardless.

Yeay, feel the same why doeas he have to face gintoki thaaaaaat s waaaay too unfair !! :pout

But he had a good run though. He made it to the 3rd round. Look at the husbands who all lost in round 1. Cross did well. He will just lose to a character who probably has more advantages.

1. DGM isn't a well-known manga and probably isn't as popular given Hoshino's infrequent updates.If her health wasn't in abd shape, and she updated weekly, the manga would probably be on the map more.
2. Cross is a secondary character in said manga, who's full backstory won't be told until much later. -like many of the mysterious mentor characters who don't come full circle until the end. Like Kakashi of Naruto.
3. Not to mention TMS Studio didn't stick to the manga, so they villainized Cross, which anime-onlys will see and hate him for -having not read the manga or info by Hoshino.

So Cross may lose. But it's nice to see the Cross fans united and defending him. I enjoyed seeing that today. Cross shall live on in every sense, even if not in the HWs.

Last edited:

lakhan220

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I will go with GINTOKI here.... @BattousaiYngwie go for the win......:super

@Erinyes Despite ur good GIFs , sorry ..:darn:darn

THE devil has threatened me & going against devil is not common sense.......That damn devil . I don't want him on my back again.....:pwned

Still I like GINTOKI more......As that blue hair & goofiness is actually a sight to see.......CROSS is more like "I don't give a damn abt u".........

EDIT- MARIAN CROSS

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Now this is probably the toughest choice for me :hmm
Gintoki is funny and charming, but Marian has much greater Charisma and power.
Marian is my final decision (Shoutout to @Erinyes for being such a fun person to participate in things with :P )

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

please save my ♥ hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim !!!

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Now this is probably the toughest choice for me :hmm
Gintoki is funny and charming, but Marian has much greater Charisma and power.
Marian is my final decision (Shoutout to @Erinyes for being such a fun person to participate in things with :P )

Love yooooooouuuuuuuu !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.