Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! v2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! v2

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]2100[/split]

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

I'm starting to discover that a lot of people here like to read American Comics too ( especially X-Men ) so if you'd like to talk about these comics and possibly where to get them as well, shoot. I'm a long time reader of American Comics myself, both Marvel and DC, so I'll help however I can with any questions you guys may have :)

EDIT: Now that we have an American Comics subforum, this is now the place where you just want to talk about American Comics in general and not the latest releases. If you want to do that, please do that in the Latest Releases Mega Convo. This way we can avoid spoiling anybody with what happened in the latest issues.

Hollow Kurono

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Read Spider-Man 574 well its been a long time since a chapter was this good,imo.So I liked the art and what went it.Its to bad about Flash tho..

..the cover for the next issue loox good.GOOOD!

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! - Part 1

I read this issue of Spiderman after reading the backup for GI Joe so I was assuming Flash was gonna be made into a government agent or something. For a superhero comic though it was definitely grounded in reality. This Flash is definitely the strongest supporting character Spiderman has had in the longest time.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

wow.. spidey 574... wow....

that was frikkin well made and powerful stuff.

Lelo

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon

can you guys link me where you read the Spiderman and X-men comics, Thanks

Im playing the new Spiderman game and its awesome. I recommend u go buy it. Its soo much fun

Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania

I never ever saw Hammerhead in the comic only the animation.But he looks way cooler in the comic book and way stronger to.Tho hes some kind of robot now.Spidey is gonna beat him back,the cover for this chapter was very cool,next one is cooler!

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

yahoo!!! bob of hydra is back in deadpool! ive missed that retard. now we just need weasel the penetraitor and the band shall be reformed

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania

Oh snap,yeah I loved his intro blogs :D "Bob throws like a girl!" :D man Pool is hilarious.I just hope nobody kills Bob..

..damn this thread is slow.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

yeah, it's very dead nowadays...
don't know why...? maybe cause most marvel stuff sucks right now?
i mean secret invasion was just bleeargh in my opinion.

though i am quite curious about the dark avengers that will be showing up soon.

oh, and i want the person that wrote the red hulk storyline to die. painfully. from a kick in the face. by me. cause he/she defiled one of the most awesome stories ever. so yeah. painful death. maybe from a fire. and a kick in the face.

atleast we we got back the funniest marvel character ever in his own mag. the one and only Deadpool. sweet ass bananas :smile-big

oh, and has anyone seen the new Punisher movie? cause that was never released anywhere near me.
and pleeeeaaaaase hurry up with the Wolverine movie!!!

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania

well I love it anyway,Deadpool as always is hilarious..I love watching Spider-Man but IM realy pissed off that he had to make a deal with the devil in order to save Aunt May.He was so fcuking strong then,remeber when he had those vampire stakes or something coming out of his hands,he defeated Murlon one of his deadliest foes and now hes back to ground zero,not an avenger,not that strong,no Mary Jane.But I think it all will change now..I will love this Avenger battle royale.

Poor Tony Stark,I dont blame a thing against him.Normon Osborn as the Iron Patriot?Normon Osborn as the new director of H.A.M.M.E.R what does that even mean?One thing for sure,his reign aint going to last..

..oh and you heard Deadpool will have a fight against the Thunderbolts,oh I cant wait,I cant wait!

And I havent seen the movie either,I realy want to check it out,but they havent released it in Lithuania either,Ill just have to wait for the dvd release.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece

Thor 600!!!!! Thor 600!!! I can't wait!!!

So Thor 600 was wonderful, great story-telling, and no twists or turns, just great story-telling elements that made me want to read it. At the moment I would suggest every Marvel fan keep up with Deadpool and Thor, because Dark Reign is downright boring compared to these two titles, honestly Dark Avengers doesn't impress me, Mighty Avengers is gross, and New Avengers takes too long to publish, it needs to be bi-monthly, and i needs to be up to date with Spider-man storylines. I hate how new ways to die/character assassination etc don't keep up with New Avengers. At least Wolverine and Daken work into the New Avengers story, ffs, you would think Norman becoming God would have SOME impact on Pete. Personally I would have been the one to hire Frank Castle to shoot the bastard.

Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania

^^Well yeah Deadpool is one heck of a comic book,way to fun.The last chapter was great,now you know Deadpool may become very famous after this,he may steal the show,hes gonna have a battle with the Thunderbolts,it be awesome if he got an invitation to the avengers,it be so awesome,just think about the jokes he could come up with ^^ it be awesome,I just hope he didnt kill Bob.And theres no Thunderbolts and no Deadpool this weak,so no Deadpool,blah.

Well it was obvious that Holister is the Menace.Still Green Goblin is the greatest goblin and I want to know what will Harry do now.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece

It was obvious it was her???

I wasn't surprised by it because i thought it bad storytelling, but hardly obvious...

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania

Yeah as you say bad story telling.It wasnt that hard to realize actualy,who would have been else,at first I thought it could be Hollister himself,but then I thought,how could he atack on himself,and when she kissed Peter for no reason,I thought about,man this bitch is trouble.

The new Spider-Man chapter was boring I can say.

Now the Dark Avengers #2,was a great chapter.I never thought Ill see Sentry just rip off someones head off and then I never thought Ill see him defeated,but you know and I know,that he will be back and he will kill that bitch,I dont want anyone to kill the Dark Avengers except the true Avengers,lol Areas getting eaten by Venom.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece

Yea, Dark Avengers 2 was amazing, Sentry being Osborn's weapon is fantastic. The only thing better than being Superman is having Superman do everything you say because he looks to you for guidance.

Wolverine Origins was also good, but I don't know how Daken is supposed to go through with the operation.. the blade kills healing factors, it will kill him.. I mean it's too contradictory.

Also Skaar was awesome if the ending is true, and that character actually shows up.

OOOOh, another amazing chapter was Thunderbolts:
- President Obama!
- Osborn punching Green Goblin off of air force one!!
- Doc Samson Hulking out!!!
- Deadpool preview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I can't wait for War of Kings because Guardians of the Galaxy was amazing, especially the ending. But I am confused, at the end of Silent War Black Bolt (even if it is the Skrull) whispers at Luna.. she should be dead, that is what the author implied, why is she at her mothers wedding to Ronan?

Last edited:

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

- Deadpool preview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that made me read it.
i refuse to miss a single panel that has the merc with a mouth in it :smile-big

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece

Oh my dear Boff.. Magnum Opus is going to blow our freaking minds. I am very scared that the cross-over ends in a Thunderbolts issue though.. that can't be good, would the T-bolts really lose in their on series?

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

FUCK YEAH MAGNUM OPUS!!!!!

bring it OOOOOOONNNNN!!!!

deadpool vs dark avengers AND new thunderbolts!?!?!?!?!?!?!

jeebus cripes this is gonna be beyond epic and awesome all in one go. thank you so much marvel. thank you so much. if this turns out as awesome as it COULD be then to me you will almost be forgiven for the new HULK series. friggin red Hulk ruining the coolest storyline ever.... arsefaced writers...

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece

Well according to the previews:
Deadpool fights the Thunderbolts for four issues of crossover, and on the second to last they have Yelena pretend she's in love with him. So Deadpool calls on Taskmaster for help. Either way it seems like Deadpool kicks their butts, twice, and on the second go, Norman sends Bullseye/Hawkeye after him.. I don't see how Bullseye is supposed to be a challenge honestly, unless he sends Sentry or Ares, Deadpool can singlehandedly tear apart the Dark Avengers/old T-bolts IMO (aside from Ares, who can also heal, Sentry who is God and Captain Marvel who is probably too fast for the Merc).

Honstly if this whole storyline arc doesn't end with Norman Patriot vs Deadpool, forcing Norman to pull out Green Goblin to defeat Deadpool (but at the same time showing his true colors to the public) I'll be dissapointed.

Last edited: