Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! | Page 40 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Lohnt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I know in 25 he dies.. so 25+ up are important for the steps. Plus Fallen son 3 aaaaaand.. there was a young avengers issue where Patriot and Hawkeye team up with him that was very important..

It's not really one issue, it's a long thought out process. But the first costume job.. was prob 5 chapters ago.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
thanks dude! will check around for them then. but theyre haaard to come by in sweden.

and jesus tittyf***ing christ why didnt anyone tell me that Skaar son of Hulk has been released?
*off reading nr 1*

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
So.. Runaways is back, and it was pretty sentimental to read. It's been a while, and Whedon did a great job. But, to be honest, the season finale was great a real 9/10.

But.. Runaways/Young Avengers, now THAT was f#@king GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. I can't believe how long it has been since I read comics this good. I mean, a lot of good stories have been out lately, heck, I even loved the new Red Hulk Issue (yes if you look into the doc's past, it actually matches up to what his actions were). But this.. Young Avengers and Runaways in the Skrull Invasion.... holy crap people, please please please read buy it.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'll agree with the above post.

It was hell worth the wait, and I was jumping up and down on my seat. And I'm all hyped for this Runaways film adaption.

I do hope they won't pick horrid teen actors to play any of them. Swear to God, if I see Miley Cyrus I will kill someone.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
lol, that's always the problem with screen adaption of comics...I trust we've all seen Daredevil?;)

I dunno what everybody else thinks but I for one liked Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and he would have probably been the only character that I would have kept if it were up to me...the first thrown out the door..the guy who played Cyclops, then Halle Berry( i wuv u....but it's nothing personal)

Last edited:

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
jesus- tittyf***ing-christ!?!?!?

what the hell? a red hulk fighting thor? what the hell is going on?
what series is that? i need to read and then make angry and derogatory comments.

D3M1URG3

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's from the current Hulk series, which is simply known as "Hulk" (as the Incredible run as been passed on to Hercules). The current series has to do with the appearance of a new Hulk (called Red Hulk by fans), who is obsessed with killing Green Hulk while also killing former friends and enemies of Hulk on the way. It's actually a pretty good series so far, with the mystery being who is Red Hulk?

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
hulk you say... pretty good you say...

hmmmm.... interesting i say.... must check this out now.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yes, it was pretty good up until this issue, which is blasphemy against all that has been marvel for the past 50 years.

Thors hammer cannot be picked up and used against him, even in space.

ESPECIALLY NOW THAT HE IS @#$%@# ODIN, he turned into the king of Asgardian gods, with the new Odinforce.. which means he controls the magic over his hammer, which means his hammer no longer listens to "whoever is worthy" but whoever he decides. And he would NOT decide to give Rulk that power.

This is bs =( It's like Sasuke losing to Lee or Shanks losing to Buggy.

Oh and I'll tell you why it was good, because the storyline was actually pretty keen on Hulk mythology/history, and if Rulk is indeed who he is supposedly, it would make sense for the further mutation. However if it is the military man, it's just kinda silly.

Last edited:

D3M1URG3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, it was pretty good up until this issue, which is blasphemy against all that has been marvel for the past 50 years.

Thors hammer cannot be picked up and used against him, even in space.

ESPECIALLY NOW THAT HE IS @#$%@# ODIN, he turned into the king of Asgardian gods, with the new Odinforce.. which means he controls the magic over his hammer, which means his hammer no longer listens to "whoever is worthy" but whoever he decides. And he would NOT decide to give Rulk that power.

This is bs =( It's like Sasuke losing to Lee or Shanks losing to Buggy.
<hr noshade size="1">
Oh and I'll tell you why it was good, because the storyline was actually pretty keen on Hulk mythology/history, and if Rulk is indeed who he is supposedly, it would make sense for the further mutation. However if it is the military man, it's just kinda silly.
I'm actually pretty confused now, after checking out some of your previous pics after reading your synopsis of what's going on. I must have missed an issue or something, because i completely missed this.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Sorry, I'll clarify: Warning spoilers blah blah.

Thor had dissapeared for the past 3 years or so due to Asgard facing Ragnarok. Up until this point he was the superman of the avengers, gets beat up a lot, but still by far the strongest go to character for w/e. In the history of Thor however, the one thing that always made him uber is his hammer. His hammer controls lightning, and cannot be picked up by anyone not worthy (like Excalibur). Beta Ray Bill, Steve Rogers, and Donald Blake were worthy, for good reason.

Hulk had failed to pick up and use the hammer even when really mad, Hyperion (Marvel's eternal/superman aside from sentry) couldn't pick up thor and the hammer, because the hammer has God-King magic. God-king magic as has been explained in the Ares miniseries and in Thor is limited to.. Zeus and Odin I guess, plus the Japanese one as well I would imagine.

However, Thor returned mysteriously and became the new ruler of Asgard, Odin was left to fight a monster in hell for eternity, and Thor was given the Odinforce, thus the magic over his hammer.

Now this Rulk (crappy name) showed up and used a gun, was smart and cocky.. They found Doc Samsons clothes ripped off, and hinted he was Rulk. Doc Samson had a weird effect to the gamma radiation and had a permanent change into his "inner superhero," based on some things I read on Wiki, and the Marvel database when Hulk 2 came out, I found it pretty interesting for it to be Doc Samson, because it would give his character a greatly needed facelift, in essence turning him into an A class hero/villain like Namor.

The other option is General Thunderbolt Ross, because the general went to speak to Banner while he was imprisoned, and banner whispered something Ominous in his ear. Then shortly after when Rulk showed up fighting A-Bomb at a military base, the eye scan stated: Identity confirmed, welcome ... *bzzzt pshh boom* and the robot exploded before we learn his identity.

Either way.. Rulk has powers that are apparently above Earth, and in essence Cosmic as the only explanation, or Magic.. but he uses guns so.. =/ If he is Samson, I could buy that Rulk is that strong, because Samson is already so powerful in his normal state, but General Ross has no place knocking around Thor and punching a watcher.

tl;dr All in all that's a summarized version why people are pissed at Marvel. With the intro of Sentry, and the Hulk not being the strongest one there is, and Thor coming back with powers over the Earth and Sky, yet still able to be beaten by crappy carbon copies of the Hulk (they could have at least changed his hair or something.... he's an even worse idea than Shadow from Sonic).

Last edited:

D3M1URG3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, I'll clarify: Warning spoilers blah blah.

Thor had dissapeared for the past 3 years or so due to Asgard facing Ragnarok. Up until this point he was the superman of the avengers, gets beat up a lot, but still by far the strongest go to character for w/e. In the history of Thor however, the one thing that always made him uber is his hammer. His hammer controls lightning, and cannot be picked up by anyone not worthy (like Excalibur). Beta Ray Bill, Steve Rogers, and Donald Blake were worthy, for good reason.

Hulk had failed to pick up and use the hammer even when really mad, Hyperion (Marvel's eternal/superman aside from sentry) couldn't pick up thor and the hammer, because the hammer has God-King magic. God-king magic as has been explained in the Ares miniseries and in Thor is limited to.. Zeus and Odin I guess, plus the Japanese one as well I would imagine.

However, Thor returned mysteriously and became the new ruler of Asgard, Odin was left to fight a monster in hell for eternity, and Thor was given the Odinforce, thus the magic over his hammer.

Now this Rulk (crappy name) showed up and used a gun, was smart and cocky.. They found Doc Samsons clothes ripped off, and hinted he was Rulk. Doc Samson had a weird effect to the gamma radiation and had a permanent change into his "inner superhero," based on some things I read on Wiki, and the Marvel database when Hulk 2 came out, I found it pretty interesting for it to be Doc Samson, because it would give his character a greatly needed facelift, in essence turning him into an A class hero/villain like Namor.

The other option is General Thunderbolt Ross, because the general went to speak to Banner while he was imprisoned, and banner whispered something Ominous in his ear. Then shortly after when Rulk showed up fighting A-Bomb at a military base, the eye scan stated: Identity confirmed, welcome ... *bzzzt pshh boom* and the robot exploded before we learn his identity.

Either way.. Rulk has powers that are apparently above Earth, and in essence Cosmic as the only explanation, or Magic.. but he uses guns so.. =/ If he is Samson, I could buy that Rulk is that strong, because Samson is already so powerful in his normal state, but General Ross has no place knocking around Thor and punching a watcher.

tl;dr All in all that's a summarized version why people are pissed at Marvel. With the intro of Sentry, and the Hulk not being the strongest one there is, and Thor coming back with powers over the Earth and Sky, yet still able to be beaten by crappy carbon copies of the Hulk (they could have at least changed his hair or something.... he's an even worse idea than Shadow from Sonic).
After reading Hulk #5, I'm not exactly sure why some people are pissed off at Marvel. I found this issue very straight forward and to the point, without much of the mystery present in previous issues.

Rulk initially wasn't wielding Mjolnir, but simply dragging Thor by the Hammer into space by means of jumping. As for grabbing the hammer in 0g, isnt that surprising to me in the least, as the defense mechanism of the hammer when someone attempts to wield it is to increase it's weight to the point that someone can't lift in. In an area of no gravity, weight is no issue. I do believe that It's very surprising that Rulk can just beat Thor down will no real effort, but obviously they are leading up to something with this, and I have alot of faith in Jeph Loeb.

Overall, not a bad issue. It's a great work of Fantasy in a series which, to this point, is all about Rulk.

BTW, Final Crisis #3 Is just amazing.

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hulk has been funny at best, though censored swearing seems out of place in comics. Something I should note, read Fantastic Four lately for an interesting Hulk development.
Proffesor Hulk made an appearance. This Hulk believes its Bruce Banner buut is just a Hulk psche made by Samson. Well thats what its been retconned to be and well he seems to be alive somewhere. And how did Rick Jones get his powers, damn Hulks running all over the place confuse me
Final Crisis 3 was great, wonder where it'll go. I mean with Secret Invasion there is no worry that the universe is intact but FC has no such bets.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Wait.. I had not read that F4, I just saw the last page on the previous issue that showed professor Hulk..

Anyway, that's besides the point. Namor is helping Tony Stark. Moreover, he refused to help Hulk and get involved in 'terrian matters' anymore, despite his friendship with the Hulk. Lastly he's allied with Doc Doom now in the new evil Illuminati, why is he there?

This comic is out of ALL CONTINUITIES, it's like a separate dimension *shakes head*, I really hope it is an alternate reality...

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rulk is a monster thou. love issue 5. He just loves pawning every powerful character, plus he is damn smart for some reason or another.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Secret Invasion
So Hawkeye is no Skrull.. still unexplained origin but w/e, I hope they are wrong about the killing all of them comment. I don't want Xavin or Superskrull to die, and to be honest I think Hawkeye is overreacting a little. He didn't lose anything, since he didn't have his wife back to begin with. He even shagged up with Scarlet Witch and Echo, I'd say he sufficiently needs to stop bickering.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ok, Red Hulk is everything i hate with Marvel. I want the people thats making it to just stop destroying what was the most awesome green meanie story ever created. red hulk fucked all that in an instant. thank you retarded writer people, thank you very much.

and on another note. sweet jeeeebus christ i just saw the leaked Wolverine Origins Trailer. holy hannah and mozzarella cake it was sweet as hell. hard to find though since the producers are going all around the web forcing people to stop looking at the trailer and be pumped up for the movie. yeah smart choice corporate people! lets stop the hype for the movie! yeah we dont want people to be psyched about the movie, noooo we want to hide it and not get free advertise at all. making people go like this 2 weeks after the premiere: what? there's a wolverine movie? why didnt i know that?
corporate retards.......

Fenrir

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
All I can say is, I'll be sitting in theaters waiting for that Deadpool cameo in Wolverine Origins 8D....I never thought he'd ever actually get to be on big screen. Ever.

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Anti-Venom?Maaaan,Im so happy for Eddie right now.I hope powns he Venom,I wonder how the hell that transformation happened,but like Li said never ask miracles for questions,Im so lookin forward to it :)

All I can say is, I'll be sitting in theaters waiting for that Deadpool cameo in Wolverine Origins 8D....I never thought he'd ever actually get to be on big screen. Ever.

And Ryan Reynolds will play Deadpool perfectly,he has that scence of humor,he showed that in Blade:Trinity.I so cant wait for the movie,Deadpool and Wolve are one of my favs in Marvel.And I cant wait for an hd trailer for the movie of Wolverine:Orgins.