Marvel Comics Discussion Thread! | Page 41 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

wrstljr

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
All I have to say is Ultimate Black Suit spidey!!!!!!! He's going to be Namor level of badassness in the Ultimate universe.

Spidey kicks a thousand time more ass in the Ultimate Universe...its amazing how differently he is written in the two universes.

Lohnt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yea I agree with that, but Ultimate universe power levels are completely ambiguous anyway.

Thor takes down Loki/Hyperion but gets taken down by Magneto pfffffffffffft riiight.

Whatever, point is, the Ultimate universe is ending, but Ultimate Spider-man is sticking around and it is absolutely justified to do so. Ultimate Spiderman surpasses the main Spider-man title in every way ever since One More Day,

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I agree with you, Lohnt. I used to hate reading Ultimate Spidey, but now that we've been hit by BND i prefer reading Ultimate.

And even more now after they introduced...
...Eddie Brock as the Anti-Venom.

wrstljr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anti-Venom has to be one of the most ill-concieved/least wanted character creations in recent history.

Do any of you guys know of the title where Namor helps the Inhumans out..I've been wanting to read it but cant find the name of it.

When I google it all i get is arguments on who would win in a fight between Namor and the Black Bolt haha

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
That and anything Rob Liefeld made. :XD

Maybe you can try reading here for Namor and the Inhumans, but i'm not too sure.

wrstljr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks alot Ichi, not exactly what I was looking for but it's always good to get some history on characters.

And agreed with Liefeld...Captain America never looked so good haha.

Anyone else feel if they see one more Skrullified cover they just might snap...DC's quality has skyrocketed too. Marvel comics are been done more poorly than the movies these days.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I think that's why Millar made cap say, "You think this A on my forehead stands for France?", since Cap doesnt want anyone looking at his chest. :XD

I think we're gonna see more Marvel Apes cover after this. I first saw it on Cable #6, which was done by Liefeld. Those poor primates, he made them look really bad.

wrstljr

Reaction score
Country
United States
That was a great moment in Ultimates haha...too bad about Ultimates as a series too. I think I might've enjoyed Ultimate Hulk more than his counterpart as well.

So just to put up a timeline of the past few years

Civil War (Heroes v. Heroes covers everywhere and crossover titles), WWH (Hulk pounding people with crossover titles(btw planet hulk was great imo)), Secret Invasion (Skrulls everywhere, on every cover, heroes fighting heroes with green chins, poorly drawn amalgams of heroes in skrull form) and now........Heroes in Gorilla, Orangutan, Chimp form?

The promise of Civil war has been killed so easily, and if they use the Secret Invasion as a means to reset everything I'll be disgusted. Probably even more than i was with One more day

And why the hell does Thor have to have a secret invasion title...he was doing fine without any of that crap.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, the current Ultimates (v3) is nothing compared to the previous two "seasons". And the art (imo) is just...average.

But on the bright side, Damon Lindeloff handed in his script for Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk at SDCC. And if you read the latest Ultimate X-Men, Wolvie survived being torn apart by Hulk.

I think the event will be Marvel Apes. It's something DC did several years ago with JLApes, what a let down.

Since the Skrull wants to conquer Earth, and everything magic about it, they must've thought taking down Asgard is a good idea.

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Woooo,Anti-Venom is crazy.Crazy,just like that Venom is out :D took away his suit,I still want an explanation how did he got those powers,was it Li who did it?Remeber he touched him and something blue happened.

marvel fans REJOICE!

lookie at what Boff found on DA:

http://mikedeodatojr.deviantart.com/

the line drawing dude for lots of cool marvel stuff

That brings me to that,when will "Wolverine:Orgins 28" come out?I realy cant wait for it.But this dude aint the only one who is drawing marvel stuff :)

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hollow Kurono said:
Woooo,Anti-Venom is crazy.Crazy,just like that Venom is out
hmm I saw the covers of the new Amazing's, and just one question, on simple and the only one <I google it, but I couldnt find that>:
Who is Anti-Venom? Is it Brock? Some info is put about it? Thx in advance for reply :p

D3M1URG3

Reaction score
Country
United States
hmm I saw the covers of the new Amazing's, and just one question, on simple and the only one <I google it, but I couldnt find that>:
Who is Anti-Venom? Is it Brock? Some info is put about it? Thx in advance for reply :p
Yes, It's Brock. This Is so far a big mistake on Marvel's part, IMO. Brand New Day was terrible to begin with, but New Ways to Die is only making things worse.

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Blasphemy said:
Yes, It's Brock. This Is so far a big mistake on Marvel's part, IMO. Brand New Day was terrible to begin with, but New Ways to Die is only making things worse.
Thx! So it is Brock.. hmm, makes me wonder: is it just because of Mr.Negative touch, that hmm some little symbiote in his blood mutated and he once again could become Veno... ekhem, Anti-Venom? Is he strong compared to Gargan's Venom right now? And was it said, what's the objective <if any..> has Anti-Venom? And why did he called himself "Anti-".. man, I'm not fond of seeing Brock in different style than the old cool Blueish/Blackish Venom :x <objective, I mean: before he had that thing to kill Spidey, sometimes Carnage and other symbiotes, and now?>
btw. I didn't expect that Brock will be back, but in "not beieng the Venom we.. ok, ok, I love xP

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Thx! So it is Brock.. hmm, makes me wonder: is it just because of Mr.Negative touch, that hmm some little symbiote in his blood mutated and he once again could become Veno... ekhem, Anti-Venom? Is he strong compared to Gargan's Venom right now? And was it said, what's the objective <if any..> has Anti-Venom? And why did he called himself "Anti-".. man, I'm not fond of seeing Brock in different style than the old cool Blueish/Blackish Venom :x <objective, I mean: before he had that thing to kill Spidey, sometimes Carnage and other symbiotes, and now?>
btw. I didn't expect that Brock will be back, but in "not beieng the Venom we.. ok, ok, I love xP

Cause he hates Venom,and thinks hes like a dissease,so he named himself Anti,he hated it because he got cancer cause of Venom so.And Anti-Venom already beat Venom as it seems :) hes takin Spider-Man

wrstljr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now if marvel fans were given a vote

I'm pretty certain over 80% would vote in favor of retconning everything having to do with Spider-man since OMD.

I didn't even think it was possible to undermine a character to the point where he loses everything good about him. Say what you want about how now there can be more interesting storylines for him...the whole thing has seemed half-assed and was conceptualized and written incredibly poorly.

It's going take years (and probably a restart or something) for Spidey to ever get back to normal in the mainstream universe.

Anti-venom is a joke...remember when they tried having a bunch of new symbiotes and it failed? Toxic anyone?

There is a reason the 3rd spiderman movie was the worst...as cool as Venom looks and as badass as he is...his character depth is mediocore. He a rampaging monster when most of the dudes Spidey normally fights are more compelling.

I hope people now can look back on the clone saga and say...well it was long as hell but at least there was some payoff in the end...and what an insane story.

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
I started reading Spidey myself a couple of months ago.And yeah its sad and lame the way it turned out to be with MJ and everything Spidey has done,even the art is a bit wacky,Anti-Venom is good,I like him and everything,but I agree its to much already.

:D his name wasnt Toxic it was Toxin :D I guess the symbiotes definantly failed if you cant remeber them.Well as I said I just started reading everything,so Im not hating it that much.

And I agree about the third Spider-man movie it sucked,I cant even make myself watch it if Im bored,the first one was the best.They should have made Venom a bit more like Venom,cause as you can remeber Venom was hella built and this venom was shorter then Spidey.

And when you are talkin about the symbiotes dont forget about the goblins to.The Menace and probably the Menace is someone we know,I just dont know which one probably Harrys girlfriend or Harrys girlfriends best friend the one that cop likes,Peters roomm8.Anyway..waiting for the next chapter.

Last edited:

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
So.. Mr Negative is filling New York with cheap (but deadlier) knockoffs of original Spidey villains.... (I really miss the Mayan god arc.. that shit was tight)

So.. Anti-venom is as strong as venom without any of the weaknesses, but Brock so far seems to be good, also he's forgotten Pete's identity so he has no hatred for Spider-man anymore. This is good I think for now. The name and color still suck though.

Norman has gone full Green Goblin, which is BLASPHEMY to all the god-@#%$@#% awesome Thunderbolts chapters where he was NORMAN OSBORN, not GG, and was smart enough to be Lex Luthor and a member of congress during the Registration act.
But this way he gets to kill Menace.. which is dumb because Menace seemed deadlier, but less insane. I guess crazier always beats stronger.

But Norman captured Freak, and made Gargan a super-scorpion Venom (which I personally prefer, just not the current one), because I always thought it was cool when he was a scorpion venom.. just that this current costume is kinda.. space-looking, better suited for a Nova villain.

In fact most of these new villains feel like they belong in space/some other superhero's comic. Maybe MAYBE if Pete was still the Iron Spider-man (with Stark's armor) I would buy this whole Shtick.. but OMD/NWTD is blerg.

Although I am nostalgic for the Mayan God mini-arc.. although it was filler, it surpassed this garbage. In fact I think that is the winning formula for Spidey, filler = win. This is why I prefer the british Spider-man comic and Ultimate Spidey, it's like watching simpsons without having to follow every episode.

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Hey there,I have a favor to ask,does anyone have "Avengers: The Initiative #14"?I would like to start reading Secret Invasion,but I cant find the chapter.If anyone can plz help.

@Lohnt

They Mayan was a cool arc to,I realy didnt suspect the dude to be the villain when he said he was a good guy,but yeah the characthers in it were awesome,especialy the main villain,he was so big and definantly was awesome looking,well I mean he was cool.

You know I am tired of this already,I realy am,a post or two ago I was fine about it,but now when I though of the Spidey that had night-vision,had those things comin out of him,I dont remeber them,he was so insane and so strong,remeber the time Morlun wanted to finish him off?I dont know I think there should be some kind of thing,or person or something just do bring back that Spider-Man,I love this Spidey to,but I want to see him with those powers and want to see MJ with him again.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
They could always ressurect the Ghost Rider series by doing a crossover mini event where he kills Memphisto. Especially now that Dr Strange won't be sorcerer supreme...

Unless some cool writer takes over and screws all this, has Dr Doom become the new SS, get the evil Illuminati together and start forming an army with Namor, Penance and the Hood, but Osborn stands in his way, and he recruits Spidey but in order to do so he does him the favor of taking out Memphisto... I think that would be a team worthy of the possible new avengers team of Odinforce Thor, Shiney Cap, How many times are you going to get upgrades Iron-Man and maybe Wolverine..

But spidey you know.. wouldn't really be evil, he still wouldn't kill people, just fight for Doom. Come one! It's doom, we all love him. No but seriously wouldn't it be awesome to see Osborn's Thunderbolts take on Doom's illuminati? I still think Osborn would somehow win even though the Dark Illuminati is crazy powerful.. especially now that Bullseye doesn't get affected by psychics (bye bye Emma!)

Last edited: