Voting Round 1 - Mereoleona Vermillion vs. Langris Vaude | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Mereoleona Vermillion vs. Langris Vaude

Who is the strongest?

• Mereoleona Vermillion

• Langris Vaude

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Because she's shown greater speed than him.

It's not any route, Langris power is deleting space, it's not an attack with a set strength that can be blocked by brute force, it's the same as a teleportation spell, that simply teleports things (or parts of things) out of existence but that can be dodged because Langris cannot make the portals appear right on his target and must instead launch them in the shape of spheres.
Sorry I meant to say "Why she can't."

Either way he doesn't stand much of a chance.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sorry I meant to say "Why she can't."

Either way he doesn't stand much of a chance.
Ah, then yeah, yeah.

Langris is one of those opponents that "If they get you once, it's pretty much over", but Mereoleona should be strong enough to avoid that. Going by the comments it looks like she's definitely going to win this round.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see what this is supposed to mean. We've seen Mereleona endure and tank worse. Mereleona =/= Finral.
When have we've seen her endure/tank literal holes being blasted in her? When she fought the elves, once she was unable to counter their attacks with her own, she ended up plenty bloody with their attacks, and their attacks could be blocked... So I'm gonna have to ask for this proof of holes being torn thru her being an non-issue.

She's a noble but she'll talk down to you until you earn her respect. He's going to try and do some weird stuff then it'll be game over.

Still doesn't dispute the fact that she can blitz him and get near him at any time.
Not from what we've seen of his regular fighting style... He'll attack from a distance, because there's no need for him to get near. And I don't see her blitzing him when she wasn't shown blitzing her other opponents who kept a distance. Her being fast is meaningless when he can just wave his hand and erase a whole area.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
When have we've seen her endure/tank literal holes being blasted in her? When she fought the elves, once she was unable to counter their attacks with her own, she ended up plenty bloody with their attacks, and their attacks could be blocked... So I'm gonna have to ask for this proof of holes being torn thru her being an non-issue.

Not from what we've seen of his regular fighting style... He'll attack from a distance, because there's no need for him to get near. And I don't see her blitzing him when she wasn't shown blitzing her other opponents who kept a distance. Her being fast is meaningless when he can just wave his hand and erase a whole area.
Her endurance and her taking on multiple opponents during the elves arc.

She immediately blitzed Rhya.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Her endurance and her taking on multiple opponents during the elves arc.
In that situation she lasted as long as she did by countering their attacks with her own, and had to resort to her strongest magic once they actually landed a few hits in order to try and take them all out... Not sure how that helps this situation - She can't counter Langris' magic like that, and there's no sign she had any above average durability. If she gets hit, it's gonna hurt her just fine.

She immediately blitzed Rhya.
From behind, after he assumed she was down. That would be quite different from attacking from the front.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
From behind, after he assumed she was down. That would be quite different from attacking from the front.
She's blitzed him from the front multiple times

Rhya even notes how fast she is:

Langris' magic is tricky but you haven't shown how he can even hit her. She's shown the speed to dodge every one of his attacks and blitz him and unlike Rhya, he doesn't have healing magic. Using your logic Langris is the strongest wizard after Julius because he has tricky magic.

Plus, she Mana Zone doesn't she? It will be extremely difficult for him to hit her.

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Langris' magic is tricky but you haven't shown how he can even hit her. She's shown the speed to dodge every one of his attacks and blitz him and unlike Rhya, he doesn't have healing magic. Using your logic Langris is the strongest wizard after Julius because he has tricky magic.

Plus, she Mana Zone doesn't she? It will be extremely difficult for him to hit her.
I hadn't considered it but the fact that she burned even Yami's "darkness magic" is impressive as hell. It's not something that should supposedly be able of burning, yet the attack was incinerated so instantaneously that the slash didn't reach her.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I hadn't considered it but the fact that she burned even Yami's "darkness magic" is impressive as hell. It's not something that should supposedly be able of burning, yet the attack was incinerated so instantaneously that the slash didn't reach her.
Personally I believe she can burn spatial magic. She would just incinerate it. She burned fire magic and like you said Darkness magic.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

My mistake, I was still on the group battle. Overall point still stands.

It's not merely "trickery", it's magic that erases anything, magic that canonically can't be countered except by other spatial magic or anti-magic... How can she dodge his attacks when she wouldn't even be able to see them? Meanwhile he's capable of simply erasing anything she throws at him...

Combine that with his ability to basically just throw around mini-blackholes, she wouldn't be able to get close in a straight forward assault. And don't forgot, Yami and Jack, two strong captains, were still nearly powerless against his magic and only got around it with the help of another spatial user.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My mistake, I was still on the group battle. Overall point still stands.

It's not merely "trickery", it's magic that erases anything, magic that canonically can't be countered except by other spatial magic or anti-magic... How can she dodge his attacks when she wouldn't even be able to see them? Meanwhile he's capable of simply erasing anything she throws at him...

Combine that with his ability to basically just throw around mini-blackholes, she wouldn't be able to get close in a straight forward assault. And don't forgot, Yami and Jack, two strong captains, were still nearly powerless against his magic and only got around it with the help of another spatial user.
I'll tell you how she dodges..........she just dodges. She is way faster. She moves out of the way.

Are you saying she can't see this? His magic isn't invisible.

Who was powered by the Elves. Even someone like Kaiser gave Fuegelon trouble.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally I believe she can burn spatial magic. She would just incinerate it. She burned fire magic and like you said Darkness magic.
How can you burn "nothingness"? That would be like trying to set an open doorway on fire... the flames will just go through.

I'll tell you how she dodges..........she just dodges. She is way faster. She moves out of the way.

Are you saying she can't see this? His magic isn't invisible.
Well no, I said she couldn't dodge his regular attack... as I showed, his regular spatial attack is invisible and done with just a wave of his hand. There's nothing in the area of effect that's visual.

Who was powered by the Elves. Even someone like Kaiser gave Fuegelon trouble.
We're talking about the nature of his magic, which was already like that beforehand. It was literally compared to the elves, and the whole reason he was suspected of being with them.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How can you burn "nothingness"? That would be like trying to set an open doorway on fire... the flames will just go through.
She burned through pure darkness. It would just disappear.

Well no, I said she couldn't dodge his regular attack... as I showed, his regular spatial attack is invisible and done with just a wave of his hand. There's nothing in the area of effect that's visual.
And as I said she would just blitz him before his attack happens. Langris as a character is not going to take her that seriously and try to go for the kill. It's an easy win after that.

We're talking about the nature of his magic, which was already like that beforehand. It was literally compared to the elves, and the whole reason he was suspected of being with them.
You said and I quote, "And don't forgot, Yami and Jack, two strong captains, were still nearly powerless against his magic and only got around it with the help of another spatial user."

He was only that powerful when boosted by the elves.

Status
Not open for further replies.