Semifinal - Mereoleona Vermillion vs. Yami Sukehiro | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Mereoleona Vermillion vs. Yami Sukehiro

Who Wins?

• Mereoleona Vermillion

• Yami Sukehiro

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
No one was on par with Julius.
Referring to how he was also able to fight on par with Patolli, and Lolopechka's comment about possessing the potential to defeat a devil, where she name checks both him and Julius.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Referring to how he was also able to fight on par with Patolli, and Lolopechka's comment about possessing the potential to defeat a devil, where she name checks both him and Julius.
Julius was far above Patri and was going easy on him. Them being used as an example doesn't really mean anything. Anyone in that very general area has the potential to defeat a devil.

That doesn't mean they're on par.

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
:cookiestare Forgetting? I just answered your initial point where you said her speed was too much for Vetto, which is wrong, she had to tank his blow to lure him in, grab him, and charge an attack in order to defeat him. And cool, I said her mana zone was better in my first post... My point was about ki + mana zone, and I've already shared my thoughts on that.

Yami resisted it sure, but needed Black Moon to nullify the gravitational field around him and be able to move freely. Without it, he would've kneeled soon, or just be severely hindered in the fight, I don't see a fire magic user countering that, inb4 some start saying her flames burn gravity
If Vetto’s ki wasn’t a problem without mana zone then Yami’s ki and mana zone shouldn’t be a problem either.

You laugh but maybe Mereoleona’s arcane stage fire magic is flames that are at the Planck temperature, ie. hot enough to actually distort and warp gravity.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The main thing here that lets Yami fight Mereoleona on equal ground is his ki reading. Without it, he would put up a valiant fight, but would have been crushed by Mereoleona's mana zone and speed in the long run. While Yami's new abilities with the mana zone are really strong, i dont think they are up to par with the character who served as the intro to the ability and who probably spent years and years developing that skill in the wild zones between the kingdoms.
I'll think about this one more. I see some interesting discussions here.

Last edited:

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Vetto’s ki wasn’t a problem without mana zone then Yami’s ki and mana zone shouldn’t be a problem either.

You laugh but maybe Mereoleona’s arcane stage fire magic is flames that are at the Planck temperature, ie. hot enough to actually distort and warp gravity.
I wonder why she didn't stomp him the way you imply, the answer is she couldn't. I repeat for the 3rd time, she decided her best and perhaps only course of action to win was to take a full on blow to her face to win (an insane gamble) this shows that Vetto was a problem for her and was acknowledged by her, else he would have gotten the Rhya treatment. And Yami only looks to Julius being his superior in reaction speed, which is why I lean toward him in this fight and finding an opening(she is not untouchable at all) to use one of his lethal spells for which she has no defense for.

Also, she's not arcane...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyone in that very general area has the potential to defeat a devil.
Elaborate, how is that area very general and who is anyone?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is what the Queen said:

She clearly means those with a "different" type of magic. Referring to non-natural types.

So aside from the ones mentioned, people like Nozel, Jack, Dorothy, and Kaiser and others are people from the Clover Kingdom with said potential. But I don't see how she's directly comparing Yami and Julius just because she used them as an example.

Mereleona isn't Arcane stage. Only those with unique and incomprehensible magic are Arcane stage. Mereleona uses natural magic which is something the heart kingdom specializes in.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Mereleona isn't Arcane stage. Only those with unique and incomprehensible magic are Arcane stage. Mereleona uses natural magic which is something the heart kingdom specializes in.

I meant more like she’d unlock Arcane stage at some point.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I meant more like she’d unlock Arcane stage at some point.
Arcane isn't something you unlock. It refers to your magic. Mereleona uses natural type magic (fire) and therefore can't be categorized as Arcane. That's why she used Julius and Yami as an example. They don't use natural elements.

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I wonder why she didn't stomp him the way you imply, the answer is she couldn't. I repeat for the 3rd time, she decided her best and perhaps only course of action to win was to take a full on blow to her face to win (an insane gamble) this shows that Vetto was a problem for her and was acknowledged by her, else he would have gotten the Rhya treatment. And Yami only looks to Julius being his superior in reaction speed, which is why I lean toward him in this fight and finding an opening(she is not untouchable at all) to use one of his lethal spells for which she has no defense for.

Also, she's not arcane...

She took virtually no damage from that Punch. She basically oneshotted Vetto lol. Taking virtually no damage and one-shotting is a stomp in my book.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Arcane isn't something you unlock. It refers to your magic. Mereleona uses natural type magic (fire) and therefore can't be categorized as Arcane. That's why she used Julius and Yami as an example. They don't use natural elements.
Has it ever been said that you can’t unlock Arcane stage Magic ? Or improve your magic to arcane level.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is what the Queen said:
Unless someone wants to argue that she only meant those 2 have the potential to beat a devil, I took it as those comparable to a Magic Knight Captian and above have that potential.

So aside from the ones mentioned, people like Mereleona, Nozel, Fuegeleon, Jack and others are people from the Clover Kingdom with said potential. But I don't see how she's directly comparing Yami and Julius just because she used them as an example.
Well, you got it wrong. Only a tier 0 fighter who has arcane magic has the potential to defeat a devil, hence Julius and Yami. Well now we know Vangence is there too, but yeah... The very general area is tier 0 itself and they can fight against a devil, but not defeat/kill it.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Has it ever been said that you can’t unlock Arcane stage Magic ? Or improve your magic to arcane level.
Right here:

The Queens says there are those in the Clover Kingdom that don't have natural types of magic. That's what Arcane is.

Arcane magic is defined by the Queen as those who have "inexplicable" powers like Nero's sealing and Asta's anti-magic. Arcane is not a strength category, Mereleona would definitely be stage 0 but Arcane refers to magic.

Well, you got it wrong. Only a tier 0 fighter who has arcane magic has the potential to defeat a devil, hence Julius and Yami. Well now we know Vangence is there too, but yeah... The very general area is tier 0 itself and they can fight against a devil, but not defeat/kill it.
Where is it said you need Arcane magic?

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I still think Mereoleona will probably beat Megicula at some point as revenge for Acier so she will probably awaken Arcane stage or Angel/devil powers or maybe just beat it down with Brute Strength (I don’t think devils are immune to physical strength ?)

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I still think Mereoleona will probably beat Megicula at some point as revenge for Acier so she will probably awaken Arcane stage or Angel/devil powers or maybe just beat it down with Brute Strength (I don’t think devils are immune to physical strength ?)
This will 100% not happen.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right here:

The Queens says there are those in the Clover Kingdom that don't have natural types of magic. That's what Arcane is.

Arcane magic is defined by the Queen as those who have "inexplicable" powers like Nero's sealing and Asta's anti-magic. Arcane is not a strength category, Mereleona would definitely be stage 0 but Arcane refers to magic.

Where is it said you need Arcane magic?
I mean it's directly in the panels you're posting, before she talks Yami and Julius she says tier 0 can't finish off a devil and in the top left panel here, she says only those with irregular(arcane) can defeat the devil.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I mean it's directly in the panels you're posting, before she talks Yami and Julius she says tier 0 can't finish off a devil and in the top left panel here, she says only those with irregular(arcane) can defeat the devil.
Missed that part. Though even with Arcane Magic, I don't see Yami taking down Dante/Lucifero on his own.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Arcane Stage is not power based. Its separate from the power level system.
Like people are saying an arcane stage is someone whos magic defies standard conventions.
You cant really unlock arcane magic or measure it on the power level pyramid

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Arcane Stage is not power based. Its separate from the power level system.
Like people are saying an arcane stage is someone whos magic defies standard conventions.
You cant really unlock arcane magic.
Exactly this. Unless Mereleona learns a whole new type of magic.

Here's a question that's off topic, is Nozel arcane stage?

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Exactly this. Unless Mereleona learns a whole new type of magic.

Here's a question that's off topic, is Nozel arcane stage?
Maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.