Info/Discussion - MH Manga Awards 2012 General Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info/Discussion MH Manga Awards 2012 General Discussion

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Welcome to The MangaHelpers Manga Awards, an awards competition where you, the fans, nominate and decide what is the best of the best in the Manga world.

General Rules
  • Please respect the opinions and nominations of others. It’s okay if you don’t like a series or a character or an event that another person nominates and it’s okay if you don’t agree with said nomination; but please do not bash the character, or the series, or event, or the person who posts the nomination, remembering that the General Forum Rules still apply. The purpose of The MangaHelpers Manga Awards is to do something as a whole community while having fun, not to initiate any kind of drama or fights.
  • This year the event is made up by two separate groups.
    • Best Manga of All Time and Best Manga of 2012.
    • Each group and its categories will have separate nomination periods, each period the amount of 10 days. After those 20 days, the voting process will begin for all the categories.
    • Nominations for Best Manga of All Time will not have any restrictions, while Best of 2012 nominees will qualify only if they began serialization since or after 2009. Also the nominations for 2012 will have to be based on their content published in 2012.
  • The nomination process is where all the members of this site come together an appoint nominees for the different categories.
    • Submit a nomination for the different award categories by posting in their respective thread and by explaining why said series/character/event deserves to be a nominee for that award category.
    • You don’t have to nominate for all the award categories, but you can make maximum 3 nominations for each award category.
    • While the nomination period lasts you can change your nomination if you have changed your mind, but please tell us in the post that you have changed you nomination. You can only change your nomination twice so choose carefully.
    • Example of nomination format:
      Code:
      I nominate [COLOR=red][B]<insert title>[/B][/COLOR] for <insert category>
    • Please also include a link to the series page in the MangaHelpers Database or at Manga Updates (MU) for easier overview of the series.
    • In some categories like Best Plot Twist or Most Epic Moment, spoiler tags are necessary for nomination. Please write the name of the manga on the spoiler tag as well.
  • The voting will be held after 20 days of nomination. This process is poll-based and will include all the nominees submitted by the participants.
    • You don’t have to vote for all the award categories, but you can only vote once per category. So please make sure you are voting for the series/character/event you really want to vote for before clicking on the poll.
    • Once you have cast your vote, feel free to continue the discussion about the nominees and who you think will be the winners of this contest.
    • The winners of each award category will be the ones that earn the most votes.
Best Mangas of 2012
1) Best Shounen
2) Best Shoujo
3) Best Seinen
4) Best Josei
5) Best Manga
6) Best Manhwa/Manhua
7) Best Mangaka
8) Best Male Character
9) Best Female Character
10) Best Art
11) Best Plot Twist
12) Most Epic Moment
13) Best Death
14) Saddest moment
15) Funniest moment

Best Manga All time
16) Best Action
17) Best Sci-fi
18) Best Fantasy
19) Best Drama
20) Best Comedy
21) Best Sports
22) Best Mystery
23) Best Horror
24) Best Slice of Life
25) Best Full Cast
26) Best Villain
27) Best Fight
28) Best Art
29) Best Character Design
30) Best Artistic Piece

If you need further explanation or assistance, feel free to contact one of the following staff via Private Message:

[User]benelori[/user]
[User]naruto-niichan[/user]
[User]phio_chan[/user]
[User]Josef K.[/user]
[User]Doraku[/user]
[User]Teeba[/user]

Last edited by a moderator:

shukketsumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: MH Manga Awards 2012 - Best Manga of All Time

After 2009? So, that's 2010-Present?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

After 2009? So, that's 2010-Present?
No, it's actually starting from 2009, so 2009-Present. It's not the nomination phase for Best 2012 yet, so the 3 years restriction rule isn't applied here. You can nominate any manga from any time period for Best of All Time categories.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Don't forget that you can submit 3 nominations at most...:cheerbunny

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Guys, please don't forget to add hyperlink of your nominations to Mangahelpers' Mangadatabase or MangaUpdates for easier overview. Thank you.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Guys, please don't forget to add hyperlink of your nominations to Mangahelpers' Mangadatabase or MangaUpdates for easier overview. Thank you.
What if we just support a nomination, do we have to link to Mangaupdates, too?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

No need for that I think, but what I would still ask though is to make the nomination stand out in some way...using a red color tag is best...

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

So on a more general note...

How do you guys fight the new setup for the Awards...are there any pros or contras...we always take every criticism and observation into account to make this event suitable

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Yes, the point is like already been stated, to make nomination count easier and prevent the nomination to be overlooked by the staff.

TheBoss

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

So 2009 onwards? So I nominate Sankarea !
Has a Amazing romance-zombie plot, lots of funny parts and interesting plot twists. I liked it a lot.

And... Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic :whoo. No explanations needed for this one right?:cheez

hoeru

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius

For now, I nominate One Piece for Best Manga of All Time, of course.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany

There seems to have been some confusion guys, this is not a nomination thread, only discussion. :D

TheBoss

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Hoho why didnt you said it sooner :bnah

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Hoho why didnt you said it sooner :bnah
Well it's dubbed Best Manga of All time since we are having two separate awards for best manga of all time and best manga of 2013, this is the ALL TIME edition so that is why the thread is called such. :XD

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

In little over 12 hours, the threads will be closed, and we will launch the next phase of the awards!

Please keep in mind, that the next phase is only for content released in 2012. So if someone would like to nominate a plot twist, that plot twist should've happened in 2012.

There's also another requirement...the titles that can be nominated are limited to the ones that started publishing at least in 2009. So only 2009 - present day manga are allowed.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Just to be sure about a few things. I imagine that 2009 is the publish date in japan not the date the Edited Manga started. But does it correspond to the first prepublication chapter or the first volume ? For example Kuroko no basket first chapter was jump 2009 issue 2 which was probably out in december 2008, its first volume was in april 2009 so does it apply or not ?

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Also wouldn't it be better that the best manga is renamed into best comic so as to include manhwa too ?

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

In little over 12 hours, the threads will be closed, and we will launch the next phase of the awards!

Please keep in mind, that the next phase is only for content released in 2012. So if someone would like to nominate a plot twist, that plot twist should've happened in 2012.

There's also another requirement...the titles that can be nominated are limited to the ones that started publishing at least in 2009. So only 2009 - present day manga are allowed.
I know that it probably is too late for sharing my opinion but i don´t really like this requirement, it is way too limited which will, in my opinion, make the quality of the nominations decrease. I liked the "system" for the anime awards 2012 better with 2 categories whose only difference was "all time" and "2012 only".

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

I know that it probably is too late for sharing my opinion but i don´t really like this requirement, it is way too limited which will, in my opinion, make the quality of the nominations decrease. I liked the "system" for the anime awards 2012 better with 2 categories whose only difference was "all time" and "2012 only".
Thank you for your input. Basically by making two types of categories, we're trying to cater members who think that awards like these are "repetitive" since the winners are always be the same, and also the other members who think that such repetition would not become a huge problem. Also, we're hoping that members would help promoting new series in 2012 categories.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Just to be sure about a few things. I imagine that 2009 is the publish date in japan not the date the Edited Manga started. But does it correspond to the first prepublication chapter or the first volume ? For example Kuroko no basket first chapter was jump 2009 issue 2 which was probably out in december 2008, its first volume was in april 2009 so does it apply or not ?
Unfortunately serialization year comes first, not volume releases, so Kuroko no Basket is not eligible...and yeah, the rule refers to the official publication year, not Edited Manga
Also wouldn't it be better that the best manga is renamed into best comic so as to include manhwa too ?
We have best manhwa/manhua separately...well for this year at least...but if you have reasoning for merging those together, please shoot...

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Re: MH Manga Awards 2012 - Best Manga of 2012 Discussion thread

Well it's because there is already best shonen, seinen and shoujo separately so i don't really understand the purpose of best manga. If it's the best of all comic categories then it should include manhwa too don't you think ?

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Unfortunately serialization year comes first, not volume releases, so Kuroko no Basket is not eligible...and yeah, the rule refers to the official publication year, not Edited Manga

We have best manhwa/manhua separately...well for this year at least...but if you have reasoning for merging those together, please shoot...
Tower of God & Noblesse have become serious contenders for "Best Asian Comic".