Info/Discussion - MH Manga Awards 2012 General Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info/Discussion MH Manga Awards 2012 General Discussion

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: MH Manga Awards 2012 - Best Manga of 2012 Discussion thread

Is the Best Mangaka of 2012 category for any mangaka that has a new serialization between 2009 and 2012, or is it for any mangaka that has gotten their first serialization between 2009 and 2012?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Is the Best Mangaka of 2012 category for any mangaka that has a new serialization between 2009 and 2012, or is it for any mangaka that has gotten their first serialization between 2009 and 2012?
Both conditions are eligible to be nominated.

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Geez lol I'm struggling to come up with nominations. I am currently reading like 50 ongoing manga and have completed over 130, but it turns out most of them started before 2009...

Last edited:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Geez lol I'm struggling to come up with nominations. I read currently reading like 50 ongoing manga and have completed over 130, but it turns out most of them started before 2009...
Yep it´s hard, on the other hand, i understand the attempt to make the winners of the awards vary more.

littleangel

Reaction score
Country
Jordan

I'm sorry because I can't get what this award is about (the 2012 part), because even in the oldes some new characters were introduced at that time line that you want 2009-2012 so why can't I nominate them? Like Roxanne from Claymore she is very recent in the release (I don't know when she was introduced because I as a Claymore fan with the monthly release I get lost in dates but I'm positive that she wasn't introduced before that time). So why can't I nominate her?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

I'm sorry because I can't get what this award is about (the 2012 part), because even in the oldes some new characters were introduced at that time line that you want 2009-2012 so why can't I nominate them? Like Roxanne from Claymore she is very recent in the release (I don't know when she was introduced because I as a Claymore fan with the monthly release I get lost in dates but I'm positive that she wasn't introduced before that time). So why can't I nominate her?
Hi, thank you for your comment. In those 2012 categories, we're arranging the nominations based on the date of manga serialization as a whole, with the exception of moment categories, where you're allowed to nominate manga from any year, as long as the content is published within the year of 2012. I know you might be disappointed by this, but maybe next year we would have best female character of all time so you can nominate a new female character in Claymore.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Hi, thank you for your comment. In those 2012 categories, we're arranging the nominations based on the date of manga serialization as a whole, with the exception of moment categories, where you're allowed to nominate manga from any year, as long as the content is published within the year of 2012. I know you might be disappointed by this, but maybe next year we would have best female character of all time so you can nominate a new female character in Claymore.
Wow, i did not know that. I honestly thought the "2009 rule" also applies to the moment categories

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

hmm.. I checked the shoujo nominations and there are none, and I have a theory why.

I wanted to nominate but when I checked my reading list (including those already completed), I noticed everything was earlier than 2009 hahahaha. I'm sure there are newer shoujo titles out there but we all know there are no weekly shoujo releases, add to the fact that there are slow Edited Manga releases too. So it's quite hard to nominate recent works that have very few chapters out. :/

The good ones you would know because they get a steady release over a couple of years.

Just sayin.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

hmm.. I checked the shoujo nominations and there are none, and I have a theory why.

I wanted to nominate but when I checked my reading list (including those already completed), I noticed everything was earlier than 2009 hahahaha. I'm sure there are newer shoujo titles out there but we all know there are no weekly shoujo releases, add to the fact that there are slow Edited Manga releases too. So it's quite hard to nominate recent works that have very few chapters out. :/

The good ones you would know because they get a steady release over a couple of years.

Just sayin.
I agree that shoujo category deserved more love. IMHO, who's not an expert in shoujo, I still believe that there are still well-received shoujo manga out there which get steady Edited Manga releases, like Taiyou no Ie and the recently "cancelled" Orange would be two of the examples.

But probably here, shoujo & josei itself aren't really that popular at the first time, which is very regrettable.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I thought of Orange too, since that was recent, but, since it was cancelled...

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

So should we consider series that have been translated in 2012 but started after 2009 in japan ? So a first chapter published in 2009 but translated in 2012 only would be legit for the awards. If taiyou no ie is eligible it seems it works this way but that's not what i understood at first.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

So should we consider series that have been translated in 2012 but started after 2009 in japan ? So a first chapter published in 2009 but translated in 2012 only would be legit for the awards. If taiyou no ie is eligible it seems it works this way but that's not what i understood at first.
Exactly...though I don't think we've actually went that deep into thinking about the possible gap between translations and actual publishing:p...so yes, Taiyou no ie is eligible...

---------- Post added March 29, 2013 at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was March 22, 2013 at 05:56 AM ----------

The nomination phase is over! Thanks for everyone who took part in this...please stay tuned for the voting phase, which will start on Monday, after we double check the nominations and add all the polls for the voting....thanks!

---------- Post added April 16, 2013 at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was March 29, 2013 at 04:51 PM ----------

We are very sorry for the delay in bringing he polls...we had some problems with 2 categories, and many members of the staff responsible for this event were busy with real life stuff. So I'd like to apologize on behalf of the staff! m(_ _)m

We have an announcement to make as well...there was one nomination for Saddest Moment and that was invalid. So Saddest Moment of 2012 has no poll! So you can continue the nomination for that category, and the Saddest Moment with most nominations will win.

Polls close on the 26th of this month, so feel free to cast your vote anytime until that date! Thanks!

apellon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

I nominate Tower of God for Best Fantasy
I nominate Magi for Best fantasy

I nominate Tower of God for Best Manhwa/Manhua
I nominate The breaker New Wave for Best Manhwa/Manhua
I nominate Feng Shen Ji for Best Manhwa/Manhua

I nominate The breaker New Wave for Best Action
I nominate Feng Shen Ji for Best Action
I nominate Noblesse forBest Action

(tower of god could be nominate , but i guess i wanted noblesse to have some reward)

I nominate Feng Shen Ji for Best Art
I nominate Tower of God for Best Art

I nominate Tower of God for Best Plot twist

does that work ?

i know its a lot of manhua and stuff ... but eventhough i ve read many and many mangas over the years lately, it feels like Korea is bringing more interesting stuff on the table..
I got to say , tower of god is the weekly reading i enjoy the most at the moment.

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I nominate Tower of God for Best Fantasy
I nominate Magi for Best fantasy

I nominate Tower of God for Best Manhwa/Manhua
I nominate The breaker New Wave for Best Manhwa/Manhua
I nominate Feng Shen Ji for Best Manhwa/Manhua

I nominate The breaker New Wave for Best Action
I nominate Feng Shen Ji for Best Action
I nominate Noblesse forBest Action

(tower of god could be nominate , but i guess i wanted noblesse to have some reward)

I nominate Feng Shen Ji for Best Art
I nominate Tower of God for Best Art

I nominate Tower of God for Best Plot twist

does that work ?

i know its a lot of manhua and stuff ... but eventhough i ve read many and many mangas over the years lately, it feels like Korea is bringing more interesting stuff on the table..
I got to say , tower of god is the weekly reading i enjoy the most at the moment.
Hi, apellon. Thank you for your interest, but except for the category Saddest Moment, all other categories are closed for nominations and now is the voting period. You can choose on an option and vote in the poll at each category's thread.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Hello, everyone!

On the behalf of staff members responsible for this event, I'd like to apologize for the miss from our side, be it about technical things like what Demonspeed said above and about not being able to deliver the result faster than the time promised. We are working on it at the moment, that's why the topics are gone for now. Please wait a little bit more until we're ready with the results! Any questions or problems can be mentioned here meanwhile.

Thank you for your attention! ;)

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
There's no:
Best Male Character of All-Time
Best Female Character of All-Time
Best Mangaka of All-Time

Why?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
There's no:
Best Male Character of All-Time
Best Female Character of All-Time
Best Mangaka of All-Time

Why?
Because we think characters and mangaka change every year, we all receive something new from manga world as it goes. Manga Awards is not just an event to see which manga is the best, but also to show potentials of many manga and to introduce more titles to readers who participated in the event. We believe those categories are better off there. And since this is an annual event, putting categories like that in "all-time" will be rather boring, don't you think?

And because if we do them all there will be way too many categories more than what we can handle.