Fantasy - Mihawk vs Sengoku | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Mihawk vs Sengoku

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
As far as mihawk's comments:
Mihawk: This is merely conjecture... but it seems rather small. // The true distance between us and that man...
http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-chapter-553-page-7.html

Even if mihawk did imply something about WB's strength at that point he never actually got to test the difference. His attack was blocked by one of the NW's greatest figures, jozu, who had an ability which would be specifically ideal for the feat.

Another thing, this is a battle of two of the greatest figures in their respective times. MIhawk isn't just some pirate of some worth, he is someone whom the world recognizes as the world's greatest swordsman. And there are quite a few extraordinary swordsmen out there, its not like swordsmen are not mainstream in OP. With that in mind odds are that mihawk is at least at the admiral level or higher. MIhawk is someone who should actually be stronger than doflamingo whom we could argue was comparable to an admiral (though he seemed slightly beneath). So you have one of the greatest figures of the current times against one of the greatest figures from 20 years ago. Mihawk is by all intents and purposes in his prime and making this era his absolute bitch, at least in his specific area. This fight would be more interesting if it involved sengoku from 20 years ago.

Age goes have an effect in characters in this manga, even beyond specific illness. Remember chinjao? Garp considered chinjao a rival of sorts back in the day, enough to have warranted garp punching a bunch of mountains. Aging is an actual thing in the manga, even if 2 years ago they were able to do their parts in the war 2 years can make a huge difference. just look at sengoku's physical appearance, he looks like he aged 10 years. Immediately after the war ended.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another thing, this is a battle of two of the greatest figures in their respective times. MIhawk isn't just some pirate of some worth, he is someone whom the world recognizes as the world's greatest swordsman. And there are quite a few extraordinary swordsmen out there, its not like swordsmen are not mainstream in OP. With that in mind odds are that mihawk is at least at the admiral level or higher. MIhawk is someone who should actually be stronger than doflamingo whom we could argue was comparable to an admiral (though he seemed slightly beneath). So you have one of the greatest figures of the current times against one of the greatest figures from 20 years ago. Mihawk is by all intents and purposes in his prime and making this era his absolute bitch, at least in his specific area. This fight would be more interesting if it involved sengoku from 20 years ago.

Age goes have an effect in characters in this manga, even beyond specific illness. Remember chinjao? Garp considered chinjao a rival of sorts back in the day, enough to have warranted garp punching a bunch of mountains. Aging is an actual thing in the manga, even if 2 years ago they were able to do their parts in the war 2 years can make a huge difference. just look at sengoku's physical appearance, he looks like he aged 10 years. Immediately after the war ended.
Sengoku should still be Admiral level or higher, so they should still be comparable. And I would still say Sengoku is still considered a great figure, even after resigning from his position.

True, age does have an effect on characters, but I doubt Sengoku and Garp's power dropped that much after 2 years. Also, Chinjao isn't the greatest example of age. Garp basically defanged Chinjao by smushing his head in, so he was already weakened, even in his prime, and then he abandoned life as a pirate, so it's likely he didn't even bother trying to improve himself after the fact.

Instead, let's look at Rayleigh, who brought up his drop in power a couple times. He was still capable of keeping up with Kizaru and swim from one of the Seas to Amazon Lily without much issue, even killing a sea king along the way. It's clear he's still Admiral level, at the least, even though he mentioned not fighting for a while.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Sengoku should still be Admiral level or higher, so they should still be comparable. And I would still say Sengoku is still considered a great figure, even after resigning from his position.

True, age does have an effect on characters, but I doubt Sengoku and Garp's power dropped that much after 2 years. Also, Chinjao isn't the greatest example of age. Garp basically defanged Chinjao by smushing his head in, so he was already weakened, even in his prime, and then he abandoned life as a pirate, so it's likely he didn't even bother trying to improve himself after the fact.

Instead, let's look at Rayleigh, who brought up his drop in power a couple times. He was still capable of keeping up with Kizaru and swim from one of the Seas to Amazon Lily without much issue, even killing a sea king along the way. It's clear he's still Admiral level, at the least, even though he mentioned not fighting for a while.
Of course he is a great figure, that is sort of not my point though. My point is that mihawk is pretty much a standard of strength in the world and he is and will remain in his physical prime for for the foreseeable future. Sengoku is in his seventies an age where he is already past his prime. And the manga has given us more than enough context that his age is catching up to him. We saw how the manga portrayed him when talking to kong, he looked like he had aged 10 years from the previous frame, and then there is how much he aged over the past two years.

Well, chinjao did keep his hapo navi and was an easily recognizable pirate at the colloseum. He did say he was going to quit being a pirate but if his hapo navi remained 1000 strong and he continued to be a recognizable figure then odds are he continued activities even if not as a regular pirate. His situation shouldn't be that unusual among old people. Its not like he had no power, he just couldn't keep up the fight and later on recover from it.

To be fair, its one thing keeping up with kizaru and it is another one to beat him. I am not suggesting mihawk here has an easy win. Just look at doflamingo vs law or luffy. Overall doflamingo showed strength immensely superior to either and eventually lost because the two of them managed to draw out the fight and accumulated damage. However in spite of that difference its not like doflamingo could win instantly, it still takes some time for him to win. Take his first battle with law, it drew out all through green bit and halfway into dressrosa even if doflamingo took virtually no damage. Sabo was likely more than a fair bit stronger than burgues even without his mera mera fruit but even with it he could not win instantly.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I think the main issue with this for me is not knowing the extent of Sengoku's DF abilities. Although even with that being said, I give the advantage to Sengoku. This is obviously heavy on the speculation since we're mostly operating on hype beyond the one or two feats we've seen from them.

kelv015

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Sengoku in his prime would no doubt win. Prime Sengoku is considered to be Roger/WB/Garp level...and mihawk himself (just like Shanks) admitted that Luffy was aiming to surpass him (become stronger) with his goal of being a pirate king. Current sengoku vs mihawk is a bit more fair...if only because Sengoku should've declined a bit due to age. But then again even with his age he shouldn't be weakened enough to be taken out by Mihawk unless he has an illness like WB. I mean, even with his illness WB was still able to smack Akainu around despite having a hole through his head and that hole was only brought on because of his illness in the first place. So yeah, Sengoku should win anyway. This is pure speculation though since we haven't seen either fight all out and I'm just basing it on hype.

solarenergy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Maldives
Sengoku definetly still should be at admiral level even with his age. mihawk is the worlds strongest swordsman having fought it out with shanks several times.I believe we have yet to see anything serious from mihawk.So going to give this one to mihawk he should be one of the strongest we have yet to see.