Voting - Most Emotional Moment | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Most Emotional Moment

Most Emotional Moment

• Igneel's Death

• Ultear's sacrifice with Last Ages

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Each one of these was very emotional, so it was hard to choose. I voted for Ultear though.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Gajeel's death was terrible since Irene had to be the device that saves him. Lucy's moment with Aquarius was quite nice, but Ultear's sacrifice is the best thing that happened in Fairy Tail.

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gajeel's death was terrible since Irene had to be the device that saves him. Lucy's moment with Aquarius was quite nice, but Ultear's sacrifice is the best thing that happened in Fairy Tail.
Well gajeel did come back just another chapter whereas aquarious key breaking was heartbreaking but even she came back nearly 80 chapters later. Whereas ultear's sacrifice led to rescue of many people's impending death, and she even didn't became young again, so that was an ultimate sacrifice.

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Well gajeel did come back just another chapter whereas aquarious key breaking was heartbreaking but even she came back nearly 80 chapters later. Whereas ultear's sacrifice led to rescue of many people's impending death, and she even didn't became young again, so that was an ultimate sacrifice.
Indeed. What makes it even better is her unawareness that the sacrifice paid off..

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I am going with Lucy breaking the Key of Aquarius.The moment looked highly emotional.

Xesfer

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Ultear's last ages.
She gave her "time/lifespan" and she ended old, alone and apparently forgotten.
That's really sad (almost everyone got an happy ending - Zeref too - except her)

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Gajeel's Death.

Had Hiro Mashima gone forth with this, it would have made a much bigger impact. But even though we knew Gajeel was going to come back, that particular 'moment' was pretty sad. I mean if you were to put yourself in Levy's shoes, it would be a terrifying moment. Besides, I'm sure the anime will make it better (I don't know why I keep saying that).

As for the other two, it was a little emotional but nothing as drastic as 'death' itself. Aquarius stated that breaking her key would be like moving, so it wasn't that big of a deal. And Ultear, while she made a huge sacrifice on her part, knew she wasn't going to die.

Xesfer

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
I do not agree with your assertion about Ultear knowing she wasn't going to die.
I suppose she really believed she was going to die, because from what Hades told to her Last ages was an ultimate spell.
Moreover Ultear wrote in her letter to Meredy & Jellal that her magic failed.
After she casted last ages, her last words were: "Was my life worth only one minute?" .
So, from my point of view, when she fainted she really thought she gave her life for nothing.

Voted for Gajeel's Death.
And Ultear, while she made a huge sacrifice on her part, knew she wasn't going to die.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Gajeel's death!?

where LMAO.

it was a typical Fairy Tail member is gonna die.

Ultear all the way.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do not agree with your assertion about Ultear knowing she wasn't going to die.
I suppose she really believed she was going to die, because from what Hades told to her Last ages was an ultimate spell.
Moreover Ultear wrote in her letter to Meredy & Jellal that her magic failed.
After she casted last ages, her last words were: "Was my life worth only one minute?" .
So, from my point of view, when she fainted she really thought she gave her life for nothing.
You're right. Ultear probably thought she was going to die before casting the spell. After it failed, I have no idea whether she thought she was going to live or not. But Hades did state that 'Last Ages' takes time away from a person's life, whereas a spell like 'Ars Magia' actually takes a person's life away.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gajeel's death!?

where LMAO.

it was a typical Fairy Tail member is gonna die.

Ultear all the way.
Coincidentally gajeel's death was the start of the fake deaths in the last arc. After that we had juvia, lucy, natsu and most funny makarov fake death.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Voted Ultear. I just cant make myself to be emotionaly invested in Igneel's death. When Igneel was introduced in Tartaros, he didnt even interact with anyone beside Natsu and Acno, and then he was killed by Acno like a few chapters further. He didnt interact with other characters or develop himself as a character for me to care that much for his death. But thats just me :noworry

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Igneel's death.In my opinion it was the most emotional moment in Fairy Tail.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Gotta agree with @Valhalla777. Despite nominating Igneel's death, i came to realize that despite the end of Tartaros being a turning point in the story and all that, the scene of Igneel's death itself didnt impact me that much.
So although i'd never have thought about it, i'm going to vote for Ultear's sacrifice. There are other moments that were more emotional to me than this, but oh well.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Ultear's sacrifice is way better.

Igneel was already dead.

Last edited:

Xesfer

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Definitely Ultear's sacrifice with Last Ages
(and it deserves the award for the worst pissed moment for yours truly Ultear's fan too...)

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Igneel's Death.

I think what makes this scene sad is the fact that Natsu was looking for Igneel ever since he was a child. And the moment he finally saw his 'father', he was killed. I agree there wasn't enough interaction between the two of them, but the attachment was still there. You can see it even in the beginning of the series when Natsu went looking for Bora because he thought he was Igneel.

Ultear's sacrifice with Last Ages was also pretty emotional. But when she was revealed to be alive, I think that took away the initial impact for me.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Igneel's Death.

I think what makes this scene sad is the fact that Natsu was looking for his Igneel ever since he was a child. And the moment he finally saw his 'father', he was killed. I agree there wasn't enough interaction between the two of them, but the attachment was still there. You can see it even in the beginning of the series when Natsu went looking for Bora because he thought he was Igneel.

Ultear's sacrifice with Last Ages was also pretty emotional. But when she was revealed to be alive, I think that took away the initial impact for me.
Again agree with you totally on your post, but author made a big mistake in all of this he could have made natsu's personality more serious and vicious which was intuned with his inner personality(he is demon afterall), that could have given him more in depth instead of being more cheerfull and no care in the world attitude. It kind of take away some of the impact of igneel's death like nothing happened.
But all in all great post.

Mononoke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Going with Ultear's sacrifice as the tragedy is she never saw the outcome and thought it was all for nothing, just one minute and viewed it all as wasted. Even though that one minute changed everything.
With Igneel he was hardly there at all with no build up, he was just gone in a few chapters. Sure it was sad for Natsu but for me? I honestly did not care. I felt more with Wendy and her dragon's farewell.

Plus he was already dead so even if he was not killed by Acnologia he would poof away in a chapter or so anyway.

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Igneel's death hit me hard.. Ultear's moment hit me harder :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.