Discussion - Most Overrated Character(s) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Most Overrated Character(s)

Who is the most overrated character in Fairy Tail Universe???

• Total voters

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
yo fellows 👋

I got the idea to create the most overrated character(s) thread where you can pick 1 or 3 characters you think is overrated.

I put up a list with the most well known characters but feel free to put some honorable mentions in the comment section.

and pls, don't start a war that would put Alvarez to shame 🙏

My personal 3:

1. Irene - no explanation needed
2. FH Zeref - he did nothing but somehow he is on the level of Acnologia
3. Brandish - I like her but she isn't kicking Fiore or let alone Ishgar away

EDIT - 4.2.2022

Last edited:

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
1. Brandish is the most overrated character, easily. Apparently she can solo the entire FT guild 🤡

2. Eileen. Apparently she's >> August

3. Not sure lol. Few contestants are Zeref (not sure if he's overrated here, but the manga overrated and hyped him a lot, and then he got solo'd by Natsu), Mirajane, and the Dragon Gods. I voted Zeref

kian

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Overrated in what sort of way? Power, popularity?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think I know what @kianp67's choice would be.

aymen24

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Trollza

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Eh, it changes with the years. People used to hype Zeref to Acnologia's level. For the past year, I'd say END, Jacob, and Mirajane

• Mard Geer ran a hell of a propaganda campaign. Convinced half the fandom that a Gray-tier was an Acno-tier. END was arguably a nerf. What makes Natsu so OP? His Nakama Power. What does END do? Take away his nakama power and replaces it with evil villain power. That's the long and short of it. On top of that, it also gave Natsu cancer.
  • You wouldn't know it based on the number of times I've had to argue against "macro oneshots", but I actually like Mirajane better than Erza. Problem is, every single arc Erza does something that is just brokenly OP. And every single arc, Mirajane doesn't match it. Then in the middle of the next arc, I am asked to believe that macro will oneshot every single character at or above Erza's level.
  • Jacob began as the unintended product of the Mirajane hype train, but his hype has reached unparalleled levels of absurdity. His hand to hand attacks apparently have country-busting capabilities. His knives can slay dragons with more efficiency than actual dragon slayers. He was also at one point more durable than Madmole, until people realized that Mirajane can't oneshot the latter. "FDK mode" has been used to argue more for Jacob's durability than for Natsu's own attack power with FDK flames, which I find hilarious. All this for a guy that honestly probably doesn't hit harder than Lucy with Star Dress mix.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Eh, it changes with the years. People used to hype Zeref to Acnologia's level. For the past year, I'd say END, Jacob, and Mirajane

• Mard Geer ran a hell of a propaganda campaign. Convinced half the fandom that a Gray-tier was an Acno-tier. END was arguably a nerf. What makes Natsu so OP? His Nakama Power. What does END do? Take away his nakama power and replaces it with evil villain power. That's the long and short of it. On top of that, it also gave Natsu cancer.
  • You wouldn't know it based on the number of times I've had to argue against "macro oneshots", but I actually like Mirajane better than Erza. Problem is, every single arc Erza does something that is just brokenly OP. And every single arc, Mirajane doesn't match it. Then in the middle of the next arc, I am asked to believe that macro will oneshot every single character at or above Erza's level.
  • Jacob began as the unintended product of the Mirajane hype train, but his hype has reached unparalleled levels of absurdity. His hand to hand attacks apparently have country-busting capabilities. His knives can slay dragons with more efficiency than actual dragon slayers. He was also at one point more durable than Madmole, until people realized that Mirajane can't oneshot the latter. "FDK mode" has been used to argue more for Jacob's durability than for Natsu's own attack power with FDK flames, which I find hilarious. All this for a guy that honestly probably doesn't hit harder than Lucy with Star Dress mix.
END and Mirajane are understandable as they've had their phases. But with Jacob just be honest, you just hate the Jason Statham look alike. :teehee

There are so many others to choose from.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
  • Mard Geer ran a hell of a propaganda campaign. Convinced half the fandom that a Gray-tier was an Acno-tier.
WoW I thought August >>> Max PoF Natsu+PoF FT Guild was the worst thing I saw :XD