Discussion - Most Overrated Character(s) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Most Overrated Character(s)

Who is the most overrated character in Fairy Tail Universe???

• Total voters

jetblackwings

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
She's arguably the most irrelevant lmao. Nobody except shippers care about Levy
...and most of the people in this fandom are shippers.
I've seen her get drawn with the main girls in art instead of Wendy. She is given way more importance in the fandom than she actually has.
It's also frustrating seeing Mashima himself start putting her in the front of his drawings over the years instead of someone more relevant like Mira or Cana. She has Lisanna-level relevancy but isn't treated as such.

Cosmicstar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Mirajane
2. Elfman
3. Marde Geer
4. Hyien/Juliet

Mirajane is the worst when it comes to being overrated. So far she has only defeated mid tier opponents at best. The strongest opponent she has beaten to date was a nerfed Jacob. People seriously think Jacob was fighting at full power with his eyes closed and not using transport. Majority of the members could beat Jacob in that situation. Get rid of his transport and Jacob is no more a threat than Jerome or Mary or Kain. She is far from Spriggan level and far from Erza level.

Elfman is overrated because some claim he can one shot characters yet he has rarely to ever one shot an opponent. Most of his battles are high difficulty if he wins even when he has the advantage. Also people dismiss or ignore the fact that it was a tag team battle and others were helping him.

Marde Geer gets hyped up so much yet I don't remember him defeating any of his opponents. The CSK left because Lucy ran out of magical power and was unscathed from Marde Geer attacks. All Marde Geer did majority of the fight was dodge. Sting, Rogue, Natsu and Gray easily tanked his attacks and were blocking and destroying his attacks. Marde Geer has great agility but his attack power isn't that impressive.

Hyien and Juliet get scaled to Spriggan level without having any Spriggan level feats. Can someone please tell me who Hyiena nd Juliet defeated? They couldn't even knock out an exhausted Jet and Droy. Juliet slime had zero affect on Lissana. They were barely a step above fodder. Their attack power is barely more impressive than Max's.

aymen24

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
The majority of guild members...
The main characters are even more immortal than Zeref ( plot armor , pof, feelings) ....
The writer is with them, it does not matter how strong the enemy is

The story protects all the good characters
The blame is not on the enemy because he can not kill, but on the plot
I sympathize with the enemy's characters

kian

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I would’ve voted Lucy but i’m not gonna say that because of a certain few would have a volcanic meltdown.

Jellal since he hasn’t impressed me for a while. His most impressive thing was could’ve gotten a Laxus fight.

Brandish has been overrated quite a bit, mostly because of the guild soloing thing. She’s got good MP but I don’t think she can handle well in a fight where her opponent is above Lucy tier.

Gray, has been clinging to his alvarez ‘darkness’ for any sort of recognition in battle. His recent feats aren’t exactly positive. I don’t hate him just meh feats.

mwarren100

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would’ve voted Lucy but i’m not gonna say that because of a certain few would have a volcanic meltdown.

Jellal since he hasn’t impressed me for a while. His most impressive thing was could’ve gotten a Laxus fight.

Brandish has been overrated quite a bit, mostly because of the guild soloing thing. She’s got good MP but I don’t think she can handle well in a fight where her opponent is above Lucy tier.

Gray, has been clinging to his alvarez ‘darkness’ for any sort of recognition in battle. His recent feats aren’t exactly positive. I don’t hate him just meh feats.
Because Lucy is underrated

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Gray is top tier most overrated character.
Mard
Serena

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
All the spriggans. People actually think they're a match for FT's top tiers, some people think they're even above them lol despite what actually happened to them.
Then there is Eileen or August soloing FT, absolutely laughable, even together they're no match.

I also think Acno and Acno tiers are overrated a bit funnily enough. They're not god tiers anymore, they can't just kill any character they want with their little pinky anymore. FT went head to head with full powered Aldaron, and won. Jellal can block attacks from Acno and outmaneuver his dragon form, Eileen can hang with him too. Sure, Acno could oneshot God Serena, but... so what? It's not like slaughtering a spriggan is a difficult thing to do.
I used to think giving Acno RoT powerup was pointless, but as it turns out he really did need that extra strength to compete with Ishgar, otherwise FT alone would have probably beaten him.
About the Acno part.

He could've easily one shot Jellol and Eileen, He wasn't serious against them, partly because of plot armour and partly because they weren't DS (he didn't realize Eileen was one)

When he one shot Serena, not even August, the guy who no diff'd Jellol, could react. This is all we need to know here. He could've one shot August, the strongest character in the arc after Acno and Zeref.

ald7mi_99

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
1-gray, his fans think he is still equal to natsu LMAO his ass got whopped by skullion who later stalemated base satan soul.

2-mirajane, the macro thing, and also the same problem as gray her fans still believes she is equal to erza and i saw others rates her above her too and also her fans overrates every characters that she fought big example, jacob and J/H

3-brandish, she got overrated to the point that she can solo all of FT when she couldn't defeat nainhart who got one shotted by base natsu

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
About the Acno part.

He could've easily one shot Jellol and Eileen, He wasn't serious against them, partly because of plot armour and partly because they weren't DS (he didn't realize Eileen was one)

When he one shot Serena, not even August, the guy who no diff'd Jellol, could react. This is all we need to know here. He could've one shot August, the strongest character in the arc after Acno and Zeref.
Nah, I'm past the point where I think Acno is more than he was. There's no real reason for him to want Wendy dead less than he did God Serena. As for August reacting, meh, Base August, he was surprised when Brandish stabbed him too. If Acno fought any main member of FT, he wouldn't be able to oneshot any of them, just look at Aldaron's god seed, he should be more or less Human Acno strength, Base Natsu still held up fine even before all the weakening.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Gray and Mirajane are leading the charge :mono

Quite surprising tbh.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hades, Mard Geer pretty much any pre time skip character that gets put on spriggan level, and really aren’t even close in my opinion.
Gray, he gets one big POF boost and beats up a powerful enemy and suddenly he can hang with the big dogs.

Maguilty

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Jellal: strong in setting, with not many feats
Mira: strong in hypes that Guild Members (Hiro) gave, no feats, same as Jellal
Wendy's DF: the most overrated tbh. Helpless in front of Bluenote, Dimaria. Her enchantment is much more impressive
Lucy Star Dress: useful and I love the design. But I don't really think it was strong and powerful. Her fandom hype it too much.
Gray: His feats in 100 years quest are fodder level.

mwarren100

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wendy's DF: the most overrated tbh. Helpless in front of Bluenote, Dimaria. Her enchantment is much more impressive
Lucy Star Dress: useful and I love the design. But I don't really think it was strong and powerful. Her fandom hype it too much.
Lucy will become a top tier in 100 year quest. Lucy fandom will rejoice.

Veni Vidi Vici

Reaction score
Country
Italy
1-gray, his fans think he is still equal to natsu LMAO his ass got whopped by skullion who later stalemated base satan soul.

2-mirajane, the macro thing, and also the same problem as gray her fans still believes she is equal to erza and i saw others rates her above her too and also her fans overrates every characters that she fought big example, jacob and J/H

3-brandish, she got overrated to the point that she can solo all of FT when she couldn't defeat nainhart who got one shotted by base natsu
I agree on Mirajane but not in Gray regards.
He is clearly being trashed out by Mashima for unknown X reasons, the guy was much stronger and cooler back in ol' good Fairy Tail.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gray and Mirajane are leading the charge :mono

Quite surprising tbh.
True that. I've always thought Gray was a popular character, this poll surprise me.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Depends on the context and the group of people who are doing the overrating. I'll throw up some for different reasons, judging from the people I've interacted with:
  • Jellal - for several reasons. Has 'versatility', easily the most overrated thing ever when you don't use it. Secondly this dude, with practically no post-skip feats at the time, beat the GOAT Laxus in a tournament here :fail And finally, his character arc... I used to be blind to how much of a simp he is coz I liked his magic. But there's nothing for me to latch onto in terms of his character, nothing that inspires or interests me. His might be one of the more lackluster redemption/guilt stories I've ever encountered.
  • Laxus - his power level wank can get out of hand. Admittedly I also get swept up in his greatness and headcanon him being stronger than Gildarts, for example.
  • Mirajane - poor girl gets overhyped by Hiro/the guild only to come up short, and embarrassingly so when compared to Erza.
I don't think Zeref, Acno or the Spriggans are overrated, in the sense that the majority tend to trash these characters. and so did Hiro Mashima. So I don't see how they qualify for overrated - particularly now. Even the DiMaria stuff has quietened. (btw Brandish is a queen who can legit solo FT lmao 🤷‍♂️ )

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
My problem is most side character gets a feat like defeating an enemy we know nothing about

Verter

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
I don't see trash like Wraith.