Voting - Most Surprising Moment | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Most Surprising Moment

Most Surprising Moment

• Irene being the creator of DSM

• Acnologia oneshotting God Serena

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Use this thread to vote for the Most Surprising Moment. A surprising moment is any instance where a story/plot development was unexpected.

Irene being the creator of DSM
-
Acnologia oneshotting God Serena
Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017.

Irene being the creator of DSM - 4 Nominations
August's suicide - 3 Nominations
Acnologia oneshotting God Serena - 3 Nominations
Acnologia revealing a human form - 3 Nominations
Jellal = Siegrain - 3 Nominations
Zeref being Emperor Spriggan - 3 Nominations

Natsu being Zeref's brother - 3 Nominations
Acno obliterating Tenrou - 2 Nominations
Mystogan's face being revealed - 2 Nominations
Igneel being sealed in Natsu - 2 Nominations
Edolas Lisanna being Earthland Lisanna - 2 Nominations
Anna being alive - 2 Nominations
Cait Shelter members being ghosts - 2 Nominations
Existence of the Timelapse - 2 Nominations
Acnologia tellings Natsu he's the king - 1 Nomination
Irene's suicide - 1 Nomination
Makarov's revival - 1 Nomination
Natsu defeating Zeref - 1 Nomination
Silver saying he is Deliora - 1 Nomination
Kagura splitting Ophiuchus - 1 Nomination
August being ZerVis' kid - 1 Nomination
Hades being the 2nd GM - 1 Nomination
Mavis being alive in FH - 1 Nomination
Kagura being Simon's brother - 1 Nomination
Irene turning into a dragon - 1 Nomination
Erza's future funeral not being true - 1 Nomination
Loke was revealed to be a celestial spirit - 1 Nomination

August's suicide - 7 votes
Acnologia oneshotting God Serena - 16 votes
Acnologia revealing a human form - 14 votes

Irene being the creator of DSM - 18 votes
Jellal = Siegrain - 10 votes
Zeref being Emperor Spriggan - 16 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info Thread.

Last edited:

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
When Acnologia used his special and the tTenrou Island vanished; (also the fact that Mashima brilliantly made a 7year time-skip without making the main cast look older)

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I support:
- Existence of the Timelapse
- Anna's Appearance

Probably the two biggest plot devices in this manga without any foreshadowing whatsoever.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Voted Acnologia revealing his human form.

Since the middle of the series we were made to believe that Acnologia turned into a Dragon permanently.But showing he can still revert back to his human form is one of the most shocking revelations.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
In my eyes it's between Acno's human form and GS's oneshot. Both Acno moment.
I didn't think these moments would go that far though i'll admit. Now if i have to chose, i'm voting for... Acno one shotting God Serena.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
IIRC, Acnologia having a human form was a theory, since he was a dragon slayer. So it wasn't a surprise for me.

The oneshot of God Serena was a surprise. For Acnologia to show up, then oneshot like that was a shock. Voted for that.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A toss up between Acno vs God Serena or Acno's human form. Gotta go with the human form though, it was really a shocker finding out he has a human form.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
August suicide kinda ruined his awesome character, it was more of a stupid than shocking moment. Acnologia oneshotting GS was shocking coz he came, he killed and then he simply go away in a solitary chapter.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted Acnologia oneshotting God Serena.

Only because it happened so quick. :cheez

As far as the actual deed of oneshotting, it didn't come as much of a surprise for me, considering that God Serena boasted about having 8 dragon lacrimas in his body.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Acnologia oneshotting God Serena.

When I first read that chapter, I didn't think Acnologia would make a move so soon. And the fact that he easily ripped God Serena apart really shocked to me.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Going with Acnologia one-shotting God Serena.

Acno turning up was pretty surprising, but the fact that no actual fight took place is what got me. I thought there would at least be a very brief fight, but nope, Goddy just got destroyed. I think it was even more shocking because Spriggan hype was still believable back then, so it made him seem really unbeatable.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
A tough one. For Zeref being Spriggan, it didnt actually surprise me that much, I kinda had a theory since the God Serena chapter before the reveal. The dragon Irene i didnt saw coming, but it didnt surprise me that much. As for Jellal and Siegrain i kinda saw it coming. So what to choose :mono

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will go with zeref being emperor @Zeref Spriggan simply it was a good and pleasant surprise, my man finally being a badass rulers of 12 OP mages.
Irene backstory was cool but her being a creator of dsm magic was a little forced to me. Simply DS magic was a hype and important magic from day1., you simply cannot bring irene into the picture without any proper foreshadowing> Had it been foreshadowed in gmg that a women had created DS magic it woutd have been among the best consistency. Not to mention even acnologia could not recognize her being a dragon even made it worse.
I will vote for my boy zeref here to.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
For me, it's Irene being the creator of DSM. This was a fairly important part of the story, and we were told initially that dragons taught humans this magic. But the truth is, Irene came up with the idea and had Belserion enchant his power unto her. Not going to lie, I was rather disappointed with this development.

Jellal being Seigrain was more impressive than anything else. Seigrain was a WS as a projection. Was a surprise, yeah.

Zeref having a whole country and being Emperor of it is a surprise, for sure. Mainly because he looked dormant on Tenrou, it just felt like he'd been doing nothing xD. I'd say this is more surprising than Jellal = Seig.

Reaction score
Country
United States
For me, it's Irene being the creator of DSM. This was a fairly important part of the story, and we were told initially that dragons taught humans this magic. But the truth is, Irene came up with the idea and had Belserion enchant his power unto her. Not going to lie, I was rather disappointed with this development.

Jellal being Seigrain was more impressive than anything else. Seigrain was a WS as a projection. Was a surprise, yeah.

Zeref having a whole country and being Emperor of it is a surprise, for sure. Mainly because he looked dormant on Tenrou, it just felt like he'd been doing nothing xD. I'd say this is more surprising than Jellal = Seig.
Right not to mention she was forced into this storyline without any foreshadowing.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I will go with Zeref being the Emperor of Alvarez.We knew anyone who comes near Zeref dies.So Zeref being the Emperor was a huge surprise.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Irene being the creator of DSM.

Not only was I surprised when it was first revealed (like the other two choices), but this one took quite some time to wrap my head around it. I mean there was no foreshadowing to begin with and it seemed more for convenience than anything.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Jellal being Siegrain was the most surprising moment for me, but that was mainly due to the anime. I find the anime much more awesome than the manga, especially due to the FT soundtracks. For this reason i enjoyed that Jellal revelation more than the other two, since i was really into it due to watching the anime rather than just reading. (Because yeah, i watched the anime before reading the manga, now that the anime stopped obviouslyits the other way around).
However objectively speaking the other two revelations are more surprising, have more impact as well, i mean i'd feel guilty to vote for Jellal being Siegrain when to me its not the most surprising.
If i'm being objective, i'd say Jellal's revelation <<< Irene's revelation < Zeref's revelation. So i'm voting for the revelation of Zeref being Emperor Spriggan.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Zeref being Emperor Spriggan, the build up of the empire with Brandish and the Spriggan 12, and Makarov plus the Lumen Histoire stuff, definitely one of the best plot twists in the story. Literally me reading the chapter:

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Irene being the founder of DS Magic, I once would never think Erza's mom is the creator of DS magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.