Voting - Most Surprising Moment | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Most Surprising Moment

Most Surprising Moment

• Irene being the creator of DSM

• Acnologia oneshotting God Serena

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Use this thread to vote for the Most Surprising Moment. A surprising moment is any instance where a story/plot development was unexpected.

Irene being the creator of DSM
-
Acnologia oneshotting God Serena
Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017.

Irene being the creator of DSM - 4 Nominations
August's suicide - 3 Nominations
Acnologia oneshotting God Serena - 3 Nominations
Acnologia revealing a human form - 3 Nominations
Jellal = Siegrain - 3 Nominations
Zeref being Emperor Spriggan - 3 Nominations

Natsu being Zeref's brother - 3 Nominations
Acno obliterating Tenrou - 2 Nominations
Mystogan's face being revealed - 2 Nominations
Igneel being sealed in Natsu - 2 Nominations
Edolas Lisanna being Earthland Lisanna - 2 Nominations
Anna being alive - 2 Nominations
Cait Shelter members being ghosts - 2 Nominations
Existence of the Timelapse - 2 Nominations
Acnologia tellings Natsu he's the king - 1 Nomination
Irene's suicide - 1 Nomination
Makarov's revival - 1 Nomination
Natsu defeating Zeref - 1 Nomination
Silver saying he is Deliora - 1 Nomination
Kagura splitting Ophiuchus - 1 Nomination
August being ZerVis' kid - 1 Nomination
Hades being the 2nd GM - 1 Nomination
Mavis being alive in FH - 1 Nomination
Kagura being Simon's brother - 1 Nomination
Irene turning into a dragon - 1 Nomination
Erza's future funeral not being true - 1 Nomination
Loke was revealed to be a celestial spirit - 1 Nomination

August's suicide - 7 votes
Acnologia oneshotting God Serena - 16 votes
Acnologia revealing a human form - 14 votes

Irene being the creator of DSM - 18 votes
Jellal = Siegrain - 10 votes
Zeref being Emperor Spriggan - 16 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info Thread.

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I find it funny that Acno killing GS to Irene to Zeref and all these moments are from Alvarez. Like there was no other surprising moments from the series. No Zera being an illusion. No Kagura being Simon's sister. No Laxus appearing in Hades fight. No Edolas opening when Fairy tail got dragged to a parallel universe or Acno destroying Tenrou island. Wendy's guild bring dead especially after the whole arc was to save them.

But then there is Jellal being Siegrain. My vote goes to this since there was buildup them working together but who would imagine they were same person???

Zeref was always shown by himself and avoiding humanity yet he rules Alvarez and is a "beloved," more beloved then most rulers on Game of thrones.... ok? Only surprising because his character is based around solitude.

As for Irene, Mashima admitting he should have thought more about her during the Acno vs Irene fight made the whole plot twist half assed. Since he executed as random plot twist as oppose having the story change from this plot twist like the other two candidates did.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I find it funny that Acno killing GS to Irene to Zeref and all these moments are from Alvarez
Well, the Alvarez surprises were really 'something'. A combination of shock, confusion, wtf... on top of that they're newer material.

I agree with you on Jellal = Seigrain. I didn't expect it, since Seigrain was a wizard saint as well. Had more build up as you suggested, which is obvious compared to Alvarez arc I guess.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Well, the Alvarez surprises were really 'something'. A combination of shock, confusion, wtf... on top of that they're newer material.

I agree with you on Jellal = Seigrain. I didn't expect it, since Seigrain was a wizard saint as well. Had more build up as you suggested, which is obvious compared to Alvarez arc I guess.
It's true. There was a lot of WTF in Alvarez.

And there is a connection between the two. Alvarez was a hundred chapters and ToH was a hundred chapters into the story. But Jellal being Sieg was just so well executed and hinted at but still surprising.

Most of Alvarez moments were random to hype the arc and most never lead anywhere. And there was just one after the other. And that's what Mashima based Alvarez on, one surprising-hype moment to the next without the impact of better execution from the series earlier moments.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Voted for Zeref being the Emperor. It was a shocking plot twist that built up the whole arc.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Going with Jellal = Siegrain.

Not only was it one of the first 'big' twists, but it showed off just how smart Jellal and Ultear were.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Acno oneshotting God Serena. That shocked me much more than Irene's revelation.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Voted Irene being the Creator of DS magic. The Acnologia thing was great for immediate shock factor, and we were expecting him to make his entrance, but the Irene thing came out of nowhere. With all the theories going around about her no one could have called that.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
As much as acnologia one shotting GS was shocker for that moment it kind of become normal for the spriggans to be one shotted so it became old, whereas irene being a creator of DS magic came as a total suprise, so she gets my vote.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Voting Irene being the creator of DS Magic.It was more shocking than Acnologia one shotting God Serena in my opinion.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Irene being the creator of DSM.

Acnologia oneshotting God Serena definitely surprised me. But we knew what he was capable of after we saw him do the same thing to Gildarts (albeit it was his dragon form). But this levels out with the fact that Acnologia was playing with Gildarts while he was serious with God Serena.

As for Irene being the creator of DSM, that truly popped out of nowhere. You would think that DSM was taught by a dragon. Instead, we found out that it was actually enchanted by a human. If there is anything I was shocked by, it was this revelation.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I should have nominated Cana being a virgin :notrust

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Going with God Serena getting one-shot.

What made this so surprising is that it actually came way out of left field. God Serena had a possible sub-plot about his relationship with the other Gods of Ishgar, how he rose to power and why he defected. He even ended up stomping 3 characters who had been hyped up for roughly 200 chapters. And what happens? Acnologia, of all people turns up, and one-shots him.

On the other hand, there had been some sort of build up to Irene's twist. We'd seen her magic in the North and it's absurd variety, and her dialogue and battle with Acnologia only furthered the mystery surrounding her. The very fact that she looked so similar to Erza alone kind of hinted she'd be massively significant.

I'm not saying that Irene being the creator of DS magic didn't surprise me, but I was far more surprised at Goddy's story just ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.