Voting - Most Underrated Character | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Most Underrated Character

Most Underrated Character

• Kagura Mikazuchi

• Mirajane Strauss

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Use this thread to vote for the Most Underrated Character.

Kagura Mikazuchi
-
Mirajane Strauss
Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017.

Mirajane - 8 Nominations
Gajeel - 5 Nominations
Jacob - 5 Nominations
Kagura - 4 Nominations
Lucy - 4 Nominations
Lyon - 4 Nominations
Juvia - 4 Nominations
Brandish - 3 Nominations
Sting - 3 Nominations
Cobra - 2 Nominations
Mard Geer - 2 Nominations
Meredy - 2 Nominations
Panther Lily - 2 Nominations
Zeref - 2 Nominations
Bacchus - 1 Nomination
Hades - 1 Nomination
Hoteye - 1 Nomination
Irene - 1 Nomination
Jose - 1 Nomination
Kyouka - 1 Nomination
Lahar - 1 Nomination
Laki - 1 Nomination
Levy - 1 Nomination
Loke - 1 Nomination
Makarov - 1 Nomination
Mest - 1 Nomination
Minerva - 1 Nomination
Nab - 1 Nomination
Natsu - 1 Nomination
Obra - 1 Nomination
Rogue - 1 Nomination
Rufus - 1 Nomination
Ur - 1 Nomination

Mirajane - 18 votes
Gajeel - 11 votes
Lucy - 16 votes

Kagura - 21 votes
Jacob - 20 votes
Lyon - 11 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info thread.

Last edited:

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can see why you'd like the character, he's great indeed. But i interprated "underrated" as a power level thing mainly, and i never had the impression that Lyon was being underrated powerwise.
Actually from underrated I meant as a character not the power level.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Kagura Mikazuchi.

Again, I'm quite shocked by the difference in opinions. For the same reason as before, I don't think Kagura gets the credit she deserves. Now, I'm not saying she is particularly strong but to reduce her to a 'fodder' is going a little bit too far. This is based on reading comments here and there which I may have interpreted incorrectly.

As for Jacob, I acknowledge the fact that he is generally labeled as one of the weakest Spriggans. Depending on your perspective, you may or may not agree with this. Personally, I believe he rightfully belongs there, so I cannot call him underrated.

Last but not least, I don't think Lyon is underrated at all. He isn't really a strong character to begin with. Having said that, I would say it's fair to place him somewhere on Juvia's level.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Lyon going from higher to Juvia's level in the span of 4 posts. Underrating at its finest.

Didn't Kagura and Lyon tie in Gmg?

Lyon is underrated a lot. He's suppose to be Gray's secondary rival and primary ice rival just like Gajeel is Natsu's secondary rival but primary dragon slaying rival.... but unlike Gajeel, Lyon gets little panel time and even less battle time. And the fact that Gray was given DeS magic made Lyon seem even more insignificant. But Lyon is still second strongest in Lamina scale and in the war he was strongest from LS Since Jura is was with GoI, which was why him and Kagura were planning Hargeon's take back together at the war's beginning.

Still gave my vote to Jacob. Who was thrown completely out the window by fandom as a joke even tho he took out Cana (cough which August couldn't do cough) and Makarov. He wouldn't have taken Natsu and Lucy too but Lucy has always been hax against space-time stuff liked Anima (even tho it seems plot induced since Horologium never came against Minerva, Marin, or Dimaria). And it took Lucy, Natsu, Makarov and Happy to defeat him.

Kagura is underrated too but more because she's suppose to be strong enough but her best feat is defeating Yukino who nobody considers very strong.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lyon going from higher to Juvia's level in the span of 4 posts. Underrating at its finest.

Lyon is underrated a lot. He's suppose to be Gray's secondary rival and primary ice rival just like Gajeel is Natsu's secondary rival but primary dragon slaying rival.... but unlike Gajeel, Lyon gets little panel time and even less battle time. And the fact that Gray was given DeS magic made Lyon seem even more insignificant. But Lyon is still second strongest in Lamina scale and in the war he was strongest from LS Since Jura is was with GoI, which was why him and Kagura were planning Hargeon's take back together at the war's beginning.

Kagura is underrated too but more because she's suppose to be strong enough but her best feat is defeating Yukino who nobody considers very strong.
Well, had it lasted another second, Lyon would've been turned to dust or ice (whichever you prefer).

Hmm... True, Lyon was Gray's rival but only when they were kids. Gray started to surpass him after Ur's death as seen in the Galuna Island Arc, GMG Arc, and every single arc thereafter. Maybe I am underrating Lyon a bit, but he hasn't shown anything impressive throughout the whole series.

As for Kagura, beating Yukino was an easy feat. Her better ones include overwhelming Erza in the Grand Magic Games (who was superior to Natsu & Gray at the time) and fighting on par with DiMaria until she got stripped. But then again, 'underrated' is pretty subjective and really depends on which perspective you're looking at.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Kagura is probably underrated power wise, but I think she's not that underrated in the general sense. I'll go with Jacob. "Secret Technique: Closing My Eyes!"

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Jacob is the most underrated here.Sure he has the problem of fighting women.But his Transport is deadly.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Going with Jacob.

I can't exactly fault anyone who doesn't think he's massively impressive since I don't, but the fact is that his hax is crazy. His "weakness" may be ridiculously stupid, but one clap is all it takes for him to win, regardless of whether his opponent is clothed or not. Even discounting Transport, his CQC is really impressive, and mixed with Stealth, it's pretty awesome. Also, his "weakness" is overstated IMO, he's still fully capable of fighting with his eyes closed, as shown when he was smacking Mira around in their fight (though tbf Mira herself was only in BSS for some of the fight).

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia

Still gave my vote to Jacob. Who was thrown completely out the window by fandom as a joke even tho he took out Cana (cough which August couldn't do cough) and Makarov. He wouldn't have taken Natsu and Lucy too but Lucy has always been hax against space-time stuff liked Anima (even tho it seems plot induced since Horologium never came against Minerva, Marin, or Dimaria). And it took Lucy, Natsu, Makarov and Happy to defeat him.

Kagura would have beaten him iirc and that was her not even being serious.

anyway, going with Kagura here.

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Kagura would have beaten him iirc and that was her not even being serious.

anyway, going with Kagura here.
Man, GMG Kagura was such a boss. Everyone was competitive, and she's just there treating the whole tournament like a training ground for her guild mates, without a care for winning, losing or reputation. But then Jellal showed up and she went psycho mode... which I still liked, until her fate was sealed along with my boner by Erza.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Man, GMG Kagura was such a boss. Everyone was competitive, and she's just there treating the whole tournament like a training ground for her guild mates, without a care for winning, losing or reputation. But then Jellal showed up and she went psycho mode... which I still liked, until her fate was sealed along with my boner by Erza.
Kagura was a boss in gmg until she had sheathed her sword. Once she unsheathed her sword it was downhill for her. What made her deeat even worse was that erza was able to able to defeat minerva after soloing her. To put the matters worse she then decided herself to become erza's fangirl.
Even then she was the first non FT badass non villain female, so that should be something I guess.

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Kagura was a boss in gmg until she had sheathed her sword. Once she unsheathed her sword it was downhill for her. What made her deeat even worse was that erza was able to able to defeat minerva after soloing her. To put the matters worse she then decided herself to become erza's fangirl.
Even then she was the first non FT badass non villain female, so that should be something I guess.
You forgot to mention that Kagura is physically and mentally 3 years older :P

But tbh, while I absolutely despise the setups and past connection between Kagura and Erza for several reasons, it did make perfect sense for Kagura to like Erza so much and it didn't feel like fangirling. She realized she was about to murder the sole surviving home girl who saved her life THREE TIMES and who got captured in her stead by the tower of heaven thugs. 5 year old Kagura is practically responsible for Erza's suffering.

From the reader's perspective though, Erza came across as a dumb liar, coz Hiro doesn't think enough before he writes.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You forgot to mention that Kagura is physically and mentally 3 years older :P

But tbh, while I absolutely despise the setups and past connection between Kagura and Erza for several reasons, it did make perfect sense for Kagura to like Erza so much and it didn't feel like fangirling. She realized she was about to murder the sole surviving home girl who saved her life THREE TIMES and who got captured in her stead by the tower of heaven thugs. 5 year old Kagura is practically responsible for Erza's suffering.

From the reader's perspective though, Erza came across as a dumb liar, coz Hiro doesn't think enough before he writes.
Yeah I kind of agree , she had a good reason to fangirl erza, it was the same with sting and rogue who used to idolize natsu and gajeel even when they lost there memries they still subconsciously idolize them.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hmm this one is tough. Both aren't underrated in my view when I compare my thoughts to the fanbase here on MH...
  • Kagura and Mira received 12 nominations each for Best Female (equal 3rd). So they are appreciated as characters, generally. I have them in the top handfull of female charas.
  • Power wise they ranked 9th and 10th in the Isghal power rate, which was conducted on this forum. And that is a fair rank for these 2. They were distinctly below Erza... which bothers some... but look at what Erza did compared to beating blind virgin Jacob, or.. Idk what Kagura did against Larcade (aside from use gravity which Bluenote could do).
I guess with them being so close on those, I'll vote for Mirajane since Kagura somehow made it to the final of Best Minor Female Character in the Manga Awards this year...

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Pretty much what @Brandish said.
Imo none of them are underrated. They are appreciated amongst the community, and powerwise nobody is downplaying them. Their respective feats talk for themselves.
That's more like "i'd like her to be more relevant, have more and better feats because i like her a lot" rather than "she's underrated".

But eh, here they are in the finals. A shame, but it is what it is.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
How are Mira and Kagura in the underrated finals is a mistery for me. Both mages showed their strongest abilities and their limits of what they can do and cant do. Both have shown to be very powerfull, and were shown to be slightly below Erza in terms of combat ability. Ill wait on this one, i need to see what people are thinking about this and where their votes will go.

Last edited:

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not so sure to vote or not because there's nothing underrated about these two nor do I see they lack feats either cause they both shown how strong they are which many can see and appreciate their power, along with the limits of their skills. They lack panel time which is mainly because of being more of side characters which is probably why but other than that, I don't see how they're so underrated.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Both aren't underrated in my opinion.But guess will go with Kagura.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well now that I think, I have to agree with @Brandish on both not being underrated characters. They both got high rankings in recent top ishgar polls. I think underrated should be someone who has good strength but was trolled in manga such as jacob, larcade. Ogra the lightning god slayer from sabertooth is pretty underrated as well and same with racer from CS.
Though if I have to vote from this poll I will go with mira, simply coz she only faced a restricted jacob in her base form whereas kagura faced two spriggans and that to alone for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.