Games - My Hero Academia: One's Justice | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games My Hero Academia: One's Justice

Kocksmaw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well...looks like the game is out of stock on Amazon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

As @Sky stated theres less of an emphasis on button mashing and more so on setting up traps and zoning. From the streams I've been watching players have been going in-depth with the mechanics and discovering new things to do with the setup. Like DBFZ and BlazBlue it rewards manual combos over auto-ones meaning you won't get much damage by mashing versus following the moveset encouraging you to "git gud" which is different for an anime arena fighter.
It's good to hear that the gameplay is more complex than I initially thought, since it was a fear I had for the game. Gameplay wise the game sounds solid, but I've seen some people say that the story mode is not that great?

ChocoBar9

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's good to hear that the gameplay is more complex than I initially thought, since it was a fear I had for the game. Gameplay wise the game sounds solid, but I've seen some people say that the story mode is not that great?
This guys does a pretty good analysis on it. Basically gameplay wise its surprisingly decent while everything else is pretty basic or lackluster and if you're going to purchase this game for a compelling single player campaign or fanservice you're going to be disappointed but as far as anime arena fighters go its better than average.

Kariya

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Is there anyone actually playing a fighting game for the story mode?

But I guess its a bit sad that the Narutimate series back for PS2 had much better looking cutscenes like more than 10 years ago..

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
"Izuku Midoriya Shoot Style will join My Hero One’s Justice as a free downloadable content character, the latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals.

The magazine also confirms that additional missions centered on Izuku Midoriya Shoot Style will also be released as downloadable content.

Finally, the magazine teases “a certain pro hero” and an additional mode as the game’s next downloadable content. Based on the silhouette, however, that pro hero is Endeavor, who is included with pre-orders of the game in the Americas and Europe."
Source

Kocksmaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
An additional mode? Wonder what it'll be :hmm

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is there anyone actually playing a fighting game for the story mode?

But I guess its a bit sad that the Narutimate series back for PS2 had much better looking cutscenes like more than 10 years ago..
I am. I dislike PvP a lot.
My benchmark here is Naruto UNS 4. Imho it is next to impossible to top that.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Some Shoot Style Deku gameplay:

--- Double Post Merged, ---
The latest issue of Weekly Jump teases Inasa Yoarashi, also known by his hero name Gale Force, as the next downloadable content character to be revealed for My Hero One’s Justice. The magazine has a silhouette of the character labeled “Next Downloadable Content.”

The magazine also has a first look at the fire-wielding downloadable content character Endeavor, who is included with My Hero One’s Justice as a pre-order bonus in the Americas and Europe.
Source

Last edited:

Kariya

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
they should've just added Gang Orca instead of Endeavor, couldnt they wait until he had a non-filler fight?

they can replace some of his moves and ultimate a couple of years latter when they are going to cover the events with High End.. I guess the game is successful enough for have new installments. I think this was a weird decision.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
they should've just added Gang Orca instead of Endeavor, couldnt they wait until he had a non-filler fight?

they can replace some of his moves and ultimate a couple of years latter when they are going to cover the events with High End.. I guess the game is successful enough for have new installments. I think this was a weird decision.
This game has already several characters who didn't get enough fights in the manga like Toga, Dabi and several UA students. Endeavor is much more important than Gang Orca will ever be, putting Gang Orca instead of him would be odd.

Kariya

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
This game has already several characters who didn't get enough fights in the manga like Toga, Dabi and several UA students. Endeavor is much more important than Gang Orca will ever be, putting Gang Orca instead of him would be odd.
its not a matter of having enough fights, but Endeavor showed a moveset already in the manga, and its pretty unique, at least not just "big fire attack" like what they seemed to go with, so they're going to have to replace quite a huge part of it.

meanwhile Dabi and Togas and the rests showing up to recent chapters are in-line with the game moveset, and they know they wont show a lot of stuff in the near future, so they are safe for a few years. also chances of Toga for example having some unique style of fighting in the future is pretty slim when in the encounters they had with her in the forest camp, exam and yakuza arcs are pretty much the same - agile movements, crazy stabbing and slashing and her blood sucking thingy, Dabi also showed his style of fighting is shooting fireballs in numerous occasions. its not a big gamble to come up with a moveset based on these while with Endeavor its confirmed he fights a different way.

also at this point of the story they got covered Endeavor is definitely not important, he defeated a couple of fodder noumus, Orca served as the big foe at the end of the Exam arc they seems to get covered so he'd fit more than Endeavor who at that point is nothing but hype and a shitty father. they got ahead of themselves. might've put in Nana and Gigantomachia if they're at it with made-up moveset.

KennyKuro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
In case anyone is interested, here is a gameplay of the new DLC character (and also one of my favorite characters too!): Inasa Yoarashi.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

--- Double Post Merged, ---

After the newest anime episode, Deku 100% and Chisaki 2.0 are a pre-order gift.

Taka12345

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
After the newest anime episode, Deku 100% and Chisaki 2.0 are a pre-order gift.
Actually it says that they are only an early-access pre-order bonus. You can also get the two of them throughout the story but by pre-ordering you have early-access to them according to the official website. I just noticed that they are also listing a season pass on the official japanese website...

I already expected both characters. So they aren't really surprising to me but I am still happy that they are confirmed :) The gameplay looks nice and I am looking forward to playing with both Chisaki versions. It's weird that Eri is only on Deku's back in story mode though but maybe they think it's cooler this way or they had problems with programming it. I personally do not care about this though but I saw the comments on twitter. Maybe they'll give them an Eri backpack then, so they can get their Eri on his back outside of story mode... whyever they need it...

Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Say, how good is One's Justice? I've been thinking about getting it (I'll probably get 2: if my knowledge of anime-arena fighters is up to date, then it's likely that one has virtually everything the original had and more), but I wanted to make sure it would be a worthwhile investment.

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
The next character has been confirmed: