Discussion - My Hero Academia The Movie: World Heroes' Mission (August 6th, 2021) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion My Hero Academia The Movie: World Heroes' Mission (August 6th, 2021)

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Please tell me that news broadcasting studio isn’t based on Fox News. Like seriously, FOX NEWS!?

When you make a parody of Fox News in a non-scathing, un-ironic way to set up a premise, that is just a whole new level of cringe.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Haha, Deku wanted for murder? Interesting :lmao.

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha, Deku wanted for murder? Interesting :lmao.
The cult leader(?) is standing on a pile of UA corpses in one frame. You can see students from 1-A in it, obviously it's not real but an interesting visual. I'm eager to know more.

JazzMazz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The cult leader(?) is standing on a pile of UA corpses in one frame. You can see students from 1-A in it, obviously it's not real but an interesting visual. I'm eager to know more.
You also see Tetsutetsu.

I could make out Uraraka(at the tope of the pile), Asui, Tetsutetsu and Kirishima in that frame.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Burnin using her quirk was nice to see. Think I spent 10 min replaying the skydiving parts trying to find Captain Celebrity.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Burnin using her quirk was nice to see. Think I spent 10 min replaying the skydiving parts trying to find Captain Celebrity.
Did you manage to find him?

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tokoyami is in the movie though. There seems to be alot of pro heroes in general, this cult(?)/organization must be quite huge. I'm figuring the final guy has to be augment to be able to fight the origin trio solo or maybe the final encounter is a team affair? Villain team vs hero team? So many interesting prospects.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unfortunately, no.
But,that doesn't mean he's not in the movie. Looks like it takes place in the U.S. so I'm still hoping.
He's really strong though. The type of strong that can steal the spotlight for the Origin Trio. I'm interested to see how they will keep Hawks and Endev out of the big climax so the Deku, Bakugo and Shoto get to shine.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
He's really strong though. The type of strong that can steal the spotlight for the Origin Trio. I'm interested to see how they will keep Hawks and Endev out of the big climax so the Deku, Bakugo and Shoto get to shine.
It depends on his role in the movie. Maybe they're going for a Marvel Civil War-type scenario with Team Deku looking for the real villain while being hunted by Team Captain Celebrity.

In any case, like you said, C.C. is very strong and likely a Top 10 hero in the U.S. if not #1 now. I think it'd be weird if we don't see him at least once.

NegaiFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
So... is Izuku basically Bucky in this situation?

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
So... is Izuku basically Bucky in this situation?
That connection would be pretty loose. Since in Bucky's case, only Cap believed in his innocence and everyone else believed in Cap's judgment. I can't see Endev, Hawks, Shoto or Bakugo thinking for a sec that Deku is a mass murderer. And at any rate, Captain America wasn't the first comic to frame a superhero or the friend of superhero. So it's hard to say where the inspiration came from.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

2 hours to save the world? Is this cult planning on releasing a virus that will kill everyone that has a quirk?

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
At least this movie will put an end to any claim to canon

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
At least this movie will put an end to any claim to canon
How so?

It's actually kinda sick that Deku and gang saves the world. Shiggy seems like small potatoes by comparison.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
That connection would be pretty loose. Since in Bucky's case, only Cap believed in his innocence and everyone else believed in Cap's judgment. I can't see Endev, Hawks, Shoto or Bakugo thinking for a sec that Deku is a mass murderer. And at any rate, Captain America wasn't the first comic to frame a superhero or the friend of superhero. So it's hard to say where the inspiration came from.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

2 hours to save the world? Is this cult planning on releasing a virus that will kill everyone that has a quirk?

Sounds appropriate and yet not so appropriate at the same time.... If a majority of Japan gets fully vaccinated by the time this movie rolls out (which I’m doubting), then maybe it’ll fly well in public perception. But if it doesn’t, then that’s going to be awkward and uneasy in the middle of an actual pandemic going on.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Gosh, Bakugou looks very ugly in that hoody

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
How big a thing like Izuku accused of mass murder can not be mentioned in the manga?

It's actually kinda sick that Deku and gang saves the world. Shiggy seems like small potatoes by comparison.
You answered yourself.