Discussion - My Hero Academia The Movie: World Heroes' Mission (August 6th, 2021) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion My Hero Academia The Movie: World Heroes' Mission (August 6th, 2021)

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
But already the events shown in the manga clearly deny any event of the films.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I hope you are joking
No why would I be. Think of it this way. If the movies are self contained why would you need an amnesia event? Look at the Pokemon movies, Ash doesn't get amnesia after he meets the various legendaries and saves the day/world numerous times. Because at the end of the day you don't need to since it's self contained. You don't need to provide an excuse why the main character doesn't remember because it doesn't matter.

The amnesia allows for a relatively self contained event to occur as well as you not necessarily needing to address it again. Essentially having your cake and eating it too.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

My Hero Vigilantes is canon. Each individual project has to be taken into consideration and not lumped together and dismissed.
Apparently Team Up Mission is also canon. Hori is a mad lad lol

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Apparently Team Up Mission is also canon. Hori is a mad lad lol
I highly doubt. At best Vigilantes can be considerate canon but even here I would not bet on it. Both are not written by Kohei after all.
I do agree with the fact I don't think the movies needed to be canon but it's isn't our call to determine.
Dont you really get thats exactly what they want you to do? Do you think its just coincidence that both our claims can be considerated true? It isnt. Such movies designed that way that you can or cant count them canon. Take your pick you will not miss technically. But if you want manga plot still have sense you know which one would be more right.

TagiKun

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
So Humarize is just trying to speed up the apocalypse. I wonder how Hori will deal with this mystery, To say that this theory is a lie is impossible and to make the characters say that they will solve the problem is stupid.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

nectar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I highly doubt. At best Vigilantes can be considerate canon but even here I would not bet on it. Both are not written by Kohei after all.
Dont you really get thats exactly what they want you to do? Do you think its just coincidence that both our claims can be considerated true? It isnt. Such movies designed that way that you can or cant count them canon. Take your pick you will not miss technically. But if you want manga plot still have sense you know which one would be more right.
Nope. It's been said My Hero Vigilantes is canon. Even Caleb Cook, the official English translator, has gone on record (on his now-private Twitter) said it's "100% canon". Not maybe, not I think, one-hundred percent. Say what you want about the movies or anything else, but I'm not letting anyone try to say MHV isn't anything but canon.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Nope. It's been said My Hero Vigilantes is canon. Even Caleb Cook, the official English translator, has gone on record (on his now-private Twitter) said it's "100% canon". Not maybe, not I think, one-hundred percent. Say what you want about the movies or anything else, but I'm not letting anyone try to say MHV isn't anything but canon.
Lower your fanboyism a bit okay? The reason why doubt its canon is because I simply dont trust idea that anything apart from manga can be considerated as such. Does you option will change the fact that its not written by Kohei? And yeah despite everything Caleb is a good translator but I dont see how his option matter in that aspect. Looking at first page in Vigilante thread other people have already mentioned various reasons why it better be careful with canon word here. And my reasons overall the same.

Last edited:

TagiKun

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
What's he got to do with it, sorry?
I'm just curious how he will portray Quirk Singularity in this film, 80% Humanity has a super power and they passed the point of no return.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm just curious how he will portray Quirk Singularity in this film, 80% Humanity has a super power and they passed the point of no return.
I don't recollect this to be true. Presently there should be only two quirks that we know have that are currently experiencing quirk singularity, OFA and AFO.
What was said is that eventually other quirks will reach this point and they will threaten life as"we" know it. The point is this terrorist group wants to kill everyone with a quirk before it gets to that stage.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But who, sorry?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

nectar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lower your fanboyism a bit okay? The reason why doubt its canon is because I simply dont trust idea that anything apart from manga can be considerated as such. Does you option will change the fact that its not written by Kohei? And yeah despite everything Caleb is a good translator but I dont see how his option matter in that aspect. Looking at first page in Vigilante thread other people have already mentioned various reasons why it better be careful with canon word here. And my reasons overall the same.
Not fanboyism. Fact.

Caleb Cook works for Viz. He is a creditable source of information about this subject. He wouldn't say a spin-off is canon unless he knew for a fact it was. There are valid sources out there stating Vigilantes is canon but you want to dismiss it. What sources do you have to claim otherwise? All you have is a misguided notion of what makes something canon but it doesn't work that way.

Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four haven't been written by their creators in decades. Does that make every issue they haven't written non-canon? The Star Wars movies not written by George Lucas? Are they non-canon? Your logic is flawed and I'll continue to call you out on it until you can show me proof those sources I mentioned are wrong.

TagiKun

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Annnnnnnddddd ...............

What does it have to do with the movie?

I don't know bro :notrust... maybe it's because he is the creator of the story?

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know bro :notrust... maybe it's because he is the creator of the story?
We don't know how much input Hori will have on this movie yet. Although this will probably be the final movie since this is pushing a worldwide threat. And will probably go balls to wall action.

Flamefire123

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently black whip goes berserk due to the trigger bombs so maybe that's why he becomes wanted for mass murder.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently black whip goes berserk due to the trigger bombs so maybe that's why he becomes wanted for mass murder.
Where did you get that update?

Dayeye

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This practically confirms they are going adapt part of Endeavor agency arc... The pacing...
I see what you mean, but not really. The second movie takes place after the Joint Training Arc and it came out how long ago? I think this season ends with Shooto inviting Deku and Bakugo to Endeavor Agency. That's the perfect place to end it, leaving ~60 chapters worth off content before reaching ch. 307 (the average amount for a season of Bnha), which is the beginning of a new arc.

This way at least we get an intro into why the kids are at Endeavor Agency, unlike Heroes Rising where fans were all of sudden confused to see a flying Tokoyami and a Deku freely using 20%.