Question - MY Most Favorite Member/Former Member of Genei Ryodan/Phantom Troupe? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question MY Most Favorite Member/Former Member of Genei Ryodan/Phantom Troupe?

My Most Favorite Known Member/Former Member of Genei Ryodan/Phantom Troupe?

• Chrollo/Kuroro

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Bonolenov

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Feitan

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Franklin

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Kortopi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Machi

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nobunaga

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Phinks

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Shalnark

• Shizuku

• Kalluto

• Hisoka

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Pakunoda

• Uvogin

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
MY Most Favorite Member/Former Member of Genei Ryodan/Phantom Troupe?

Who and why is he/she your favorite member/former member?

GingFuriksu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Favorite former member - Uvogin. He was just too badass. I loved his character design and also his personality. Enhancers have the best personalities :pleased Gon, Uvogin, Palm etc. They're usually the funniest.

Favorite current member - Shalnark. I honestly don't know why... :xp something about him. Its probably because I'm getting more interested in Manipulators.

Overall though, my favorite member is Chrollo :p Just didn't want to post the OBVIOUS.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I'm actually regretting of putting the LEADER in the choices HAHA

My favorite is Franklin because of his Nen.
My favorite hatsu is also Emission

Among the girls, Machi is pretty and her ability is very helpful.

Netero

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll just list them
1. Feitan
2. Chrollo
3. Uvogin

leiatte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, I have only watched the 2011 Hunter X Hunter so my favorites right now are

1. Nobunaga
2. Phinks
3. Uvogin
4. Chrollo

Sorry its hard for me to decide, Im going with Nobunaga because ever since that episode where Gon and Killua were tracking Him and Machi, I saw how human he was.

Chrollo, was hard to put at number 4, but he is more mysterious at this point in the anime, and while he is really cool, I want to find out more first.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
You should read the manga

And see the others abilities.

Keirin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Mine are

1.Feitan
2.Kuroro
3. Uvogin

But I accidentally picked Phinks. Well he's cool too but...

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nobu-chan~

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Phinks is my favorite and that was no mistake.

And actually it wasn't until the Chimera Ant arc that I really even liked him that much. He just seemed like a plain jerk and nothing more
and his ability in a way seems rather ordinary. Most of the time he just seems like a really strong dude. But there is actually much depth
of character in Phinks. And it is this simplicity of his that I've grown fond of. Phinks has a cold logic to him but he has also has a strong sense of loyalty.

Phinks line against the Meteor City residents before he slaughtered them really made me like the guy

"Show your spirit until the end"

One side might think that Phinks was being cruel killing the residents at all, another might think it was a cruel "test of strength" and the
residents should be killed more "humanely". After all that is what they asked for. To be executed. Just pull the plug. But Phinks knew what they REALLY wanted

One last fight.

It made me think Phinks is a lot deeper than what I initially thought.

And Madhouse has helped me put him as first. For one I think the Blonde Hair Phinks is awesome. Why? Because it's Blonde Hair Phinks

But also because of Phinks just chugging heinkens before they go on a massacre. Ok now yes Uvogin could probably easily out drink Phinks
but Phinks just has that stone cold poker face awesomeness to him. Uvogin is a party animal. While Phinks is more like beer is his coffee.

And Phinks ability is simple and awesome. Most of the time he just snaps necks. Crack. Done.
But then that's the beauty of it. It's not mysterious. It's not flashy. It's not complex. It's just grab head. Snap neck. Done.

Even his big attack is winding his arm until he gathers enough nen to punch someone with such force to turn them to goo.

Simple and grotesque

and awesome.

Phinks rules.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't Phinks also the new arm wrestling champion, after Uvo?

This is a really hard poll to choose from. Hisoka's my second favorite character in the series, after Killua, so I'd feel obliged to vote for him. However, I'm going to vote Phinks, who's made into my top 5 HxH characters. Nobu's close behind, though, in either 5th or 6th place.

Sticky articulated beautifully how I perceive Phinks. I thought his antics later on in the Yorknew arc during the hostage situation was funny, and he was nice and offered Shizuku his robe thing after the fight with the ants.

Thinking back, I can't dislike anyone in the Ryodan, and no one's really that dull either. Best villain group ever, IMO.

The Invertroid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Man, this is really difficult. Everyone in the PT is awesome in their own way.

Still, I have to pick Phinks. His personality is great and even if you just count the 2011 series, he's had a lot of great moments (killing Dalzollene, fighting Killua. breaking tons of dudes' necks in the Requiem).

I’d Probably Rank the rest this way:
2. Uvogin - Great personality, love his character design.
3. Shalnark -I love his constantly cheerful demeanor. His nen ability is also perfect for the Troupe
4. Chrollo - A great leader and the rare anime villain who actually cares about his underlings.
5. Machi -Her nen stitches are awesome and so is her deadpan personality.
6. Hisoka -He’s Hisoka! What else needs to be sad?
7. Kalluto -I like the idea of Killua’s brother being in the PT. Zoldycks are also just awesome in general.
(Too lazy to give reasons for the rest)
8. Feitan
9. Nobunaga
10. Franklin
11. Pakunoda
12. Shizuku
13. Bonolenov
14. Kortopi

chei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pakunoda is my favorite, her role in the 2nd half of the Yorknew arc is just heartbreaking!

She's just so awesome: awesome power (scary!), so fierce (flaunt them :D), wear a hot + fashionable outfit, and the stuff she went thru (the sacrificial decision she made for the greater good)....basically she's the whole package to me of what an awesome female character is.

I LOVE her unconventional face for anime/manga (esp. ones gear toward male gaze), she's not cute, ugly according to mainstream standard but still being attractive, because she's so cool and feminine at the same time. She stood out among all those generic big eyes anime girls, and she was given depth.

She's the example of what an excellent older female characters in shounen series can be (who's not a maternal figure nor unattainable sex objects for fan service). I think she's the best female character in the whole HxH series (Palm comes in second for me).

Last edited:

bambinarubata

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
1. Kuroro
2. Feitan
3. Phinxs

leiatte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aw, now i'm sad no one picked Uvo yet, I thought for sure he would be voted on by now.

riniloves

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
my 3 faves
1) Kuroro - I like his ideals... why would you dare care to something or som eone if youre not link with them???
2)Feitan - pure badasss,
3) Machi - the female version of badass...

the rest could die....

heron bpv

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Where's the "a dead Ryodan member" option? :p

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
How can you not pick Feitan! He's a badass, and he's short! A winning combination (just look at Killua and Hiei)! I love his attitude, I love his character design, I love his powers, I love the way he talks (and dat voice in the new anime :hip), etc... There's just too much to love! All of the Phantom Troupe members are great, but Feitan is the one who stands out the most to me.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I just can't not vote for Hisoka in whatever poll He is.

If not, I would have vote for Machi. She's awesome. And those mysterious characters that I feel is monster in battle.

powil

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan
I like Pakunoda because I don't think she fits with the group. And I pretty much don't favor Phantom Troupe at all :(