Fanfic - **** My Nico Robin: Rokushiki style Project! **** | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fanfic **** My Nico Robin: Rokushiki style Project! ****

Which section is your most favorite?

• The alternate forms section

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Soru section

• The Kami-e section

• The Geppo section

• The Rankyaku section

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Shigan section

• The Tekkai section

• The Rokukougan section

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • The Misc/Other section

• Total voters

Shojin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Update 3/8/14:

Made some changes to the description of Belle Fleur, as well as adding a new technique in the Tekkai section, one that debuted in the second chapter of my Shadow Blossom fanfic under a different name:

Belle Fleur (Flower Bullet in french) - A technique where Robin uses her DF arms instead of her original arms to execute Shigan techniques. However, this move can also be utilized in conjunction with shigan techniques that uses her real arms.

Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Dai Kinsenjun" (Great Marigold Shield) - A more powerful and tougher version of Tetsuhana: Kinsenjun that uses five hundred arms instead of twenty arms.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 4/26/14:

Big update! I've finally took the time to add in japanese kanjis of names of some of the techniques. I've also went and changed the names of a few techniques by replacing them with either better or more proper names. Btw, can someone whose knows japanese please tell me if I'm translating this to japanese correctly?:

Welcome to the Nico Robin: Rokushiki style project!!

ニコ·ロビン·プロ六式ジェクトへようこそ!!

I would truly be grateful for the help! :)

---------- Post added May 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was April 26, 2014 at 02:11 PM ----------

UPDATE 5/10/14:

New moves added in the Other/misc section, along with a new link to the in-depth explanation of the two Soru techniques, Heki and Senkou, which has been slightly updated to explain them better:

http://sta.sh/013dlngarkwg

Next, I have added a diagram sketch for one of Rokukougan techniques. Finally, I also changed the name of Diamond Shell to something shorter.

Kongoukara has been changed to Naikō.

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 7/5/14:

New techniques in the Rankyaku section. These techniques are actually some of the routines of the Kaika Rankyaku “Che-n: Shinkuro” (Chain: Synchronize) technique that I've wanted to add in for a while but I had kept forgetting to. lol

• Kaika Rankyaku "Che-n: Shinkuro”(Chain: Synchronize)(ONL)(H)(N)(M) - Robin will sprout a various number of legs out of the ground, wall, or ceiling in pairs (Click here for a diagram). Then she'll have them perform different choreographed leg routines similar to what is usually seen in synchronized swimming or lying down leg exercises and such, which will result in unleashing air blades in various forms depending the routines she has them doing. (Both rough sketches are drawn by me). Some of these routines are as follows:
    • From any of the three areas:
      • Scissor - The most basic routine. The pairs of legs wave back and forth in an alternating fashion to create air blades that look sort of more focused and arc-like instead of jagged.
      • Bicycle - The pair(s) of legs will rotate very fast as if they're rotating petals on a bicycle, creating spinning air blades that look like either Buzzsaws or Shurikens.
    • From the Ground area only:
      • Single twist to Heev-ho - After one leg of each pair bends down knee first, the opposite legs will do a couple of continuous very fast spins/twirls, creating spinning air blades that look similar to Lucci's Hyobi. Then both legs of all pairs rear back and throw the air blades towards the target(s).
      • Wiggle n' Shake - All pairs of legs wiggle back and forth rapidly which leads to a shower of tiny raining rankyakus similar to Kaku's Kiri Shigure.
    • From the wall area only:
      • Frisbee toss - The pair(s) of legs kick out vertically towards the target in an alternating fashion, sending out air blades of if they were tossing cards or frisbees.
    • From the ceiling area only:
      • (None yet)
Also, a new icon has been added, (SK), which indicates a technique that requires Seimei Kikan to use. Thanks to Misa-Kike-chi (who is also my co-writer for my Shadow Blossom Fanfic! ;)) for the suggestion!

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 8/24/14:

Well what do ya know! Another update already! :D

1. Two new techniques have been added to the Tekkai section:

• Tetsuhana "Bunki Rariatto" (Branch Clothesline)(H)(M)(OB)(C) - While charging at her enemy with great speed using Soru, Robin sprouts extra arms around one of her original arms while still moving, then hardens them with Tekkai before hitting the target with a multi-arm clothesline!
  • Tetsuhana "Tsuru Rariatto" (Vine Clothesline)(H)(M)(OB)(C) - Similar to Bunki Rariatto, only instead of a "branch" or "bouquet" of arms, she makes a line of arms instead, making this technique great for taking out a row of enemies.
2. Recently as of last week and a half, I've been testing my budgeting skills and this commission was on my budget list since it was very affordable. I was trying to find the budgeting balance that will allow me to go back to hiring and working with talented artists for my movelist projects like the good old days without putting myself in financial jeopardy (I have groceries and bills to pay after all) and judging by how things are turning out, I think it might work out after all and I couldn't be happier! I'll just have to pray to god that I'll be able to keep it that way. :D

Anyway, here's a brand new illustration (a pencil one but still incredibly amazing)!

This is an illustration of this technique:

RenHuaQiangQuan "Feixing Kē Zidan" (Human Flower gun boxing "Flying Branch bullet" in chinese) - A severely powerful Hana Hana-enhanced multi-legged version of *Feixing Wan Zidan/Gaoyang Wan Zidan (with the extra legs all calf length attached to the knee of the real leg). What you see in the illustration above is the five-legged version, which is great against enemies who have large body frames.

*Note: The RenQiangQuan "Feixing Wan Zidan"(Human gun boxing "Flying Graceful bullet" in chinese) is a strong and deadly high flying thrust kick that has the same speed and power of Shigan similar to Fukuro's Jugon (Stern beast) technique. Gaoyang Wan Zidan (Soaring Graceful bullet) is a more powerful version of Feixing Wan Zidan where Robin does the latter after projecting herself towards her target with Geppo or Kaika Geppo (, thus making the technique even faster and more powerful at jet-speed.

Illustrated by GarthTheDestroyer using my old rough sketch of the technique that I drew years ago:

Well that's for now! Later! :wink:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 10/6/14:

Two new techniques have been added to the Kami-e section! :)

• Kamihana "Dough" (N) (M) (ONL) - Robin activates Kami-e on a merged group of limbs that are in a form of a thick object (like large hands or boulders) or surface (like walls). However, instead of being limp like paper, it stretches and moves like either clay, dough, or even slime, similar to fukuro's Kami-e "slime" technique.
  • Kamihana "Blinds" (N) (M) (ONL) - A technique where when an enemy attacks a "door" of arms that she created (which are sprouted out of two opposing surfaces of an opening wall only, ie Left and Right side surfaces or top and bottom surfaces), Robin activates kami-e to make the arms depart or slide like blinds or curtains, causing the enemy to miss.
---------- Post added October 26, 2014 at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was October 06, 2014 at 01:03 PM ----------

Hey guys! ^_^

I have a little something that I want to share with you all. 

(The comic is left to right)

This is an unfinished storyboard sketch that I drew a couple of years ago, which I was planning on giving to magion02 to use for a multi-page Robin vs Lucci fight comic that I was planning on commissioning him to draw for me and my Rokushiki Robin project but I had to put it on hiatus due to major financial problems. To be perfectly honest, however, I deeply still want to continue working on this storyboard since I still have a lot of ideas for it. As for those who are wondering, here's how the fight was going to go down:

Round 1:
The fight starts off with Robin and Lucci using hand to hand combat and Rokushiki only, with neither of them using DF powers or Haki what so ever. 

Round 2:
Then later on, they start using Busoshoku Haki (armement Haki), both basic and "Koka" (Hardening) applications. They also eventually start using Kenbunshoku Haki as well to predict each other's moves but neither of them were able to land a blow.

Round 3:
Finally, Robin begins to use her DF powers in conjunction with her Rokushiki skills which Lucci responds by transforming into his Hybrid form and doing the same. This is also where Lucci starts using *Naiko (Diamond shell), a highly advance version of Tekkai that uses both physical strength and willpower (Busoshoku Koka) as one. At the end of this round, Robin begins to transform into her Mankai Bushin from!

*Note: Yes, the same Naiko from the Rokushiki Robin moveset since it's a universal technique that I came up with that i believe any Rokushiki user can use.

Final Round:
Well.....actually....this I prefer to keep as a secret for now! ;

*sigh* One day, I will make this happen eventually. I swear it! I just don't know when and how, that's all.

---------- Post added November 02, 2014 at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was October 26, 2014 at 11:08 AM ----------

UPDATE 11/2/14:

New technique added to the Tekkai section!

Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Kyūbu" (Cube) (N)(H)(M)(ONL) - After sprouting a tall, circular wall of arms around her, Robin then makes them all bend and fold in an awkward robotic manner until they form into a cube before she hardens them all with Tekkai/Naikō. She can also do this in preparation for her Kaika Rankyaku: Shinkuro - Wiggle n’ shake technique in order to protect herself from raining Rankyaku blades that the routine produces, just like how Kaku used Tekkai: Mushikaku to protect himself from the raining air blades from his Rankyaku: Kiri Shigure technique.
---------- Post added November 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was November 02, 2014 at 08:48 AM ----------

UPDATE 11/17/14:
A couple of changes have been made with two techniques in the Shigan section:

Chou Shigan Kenpo Ougi "Saidan Renda" (Ultimate bullet barrage)(H)(N)(M)(T)(OB)(C) - Robin unleashes an almighty flurry of Shigan attacks (including Kaika Shigan Kenpo ones) at the enemy while using Soru to move around him/her in order to strike from all directions, along with using Kaika Soru: Heki to gradually increase her speed in order to keep up the pressure on her target(s) until she completely overwhelms them.

Chou Shigan Kenpo Ougi II "Army's Gardening Wrath" (RC) (N) (M) (H)(T)(OB) (Clones required: 7 if including the real Robin, 8 if it's clones only) – A far more powerful and dangerous version of Saidan Renda where multiple Robins unleashes a fury of Shigan attacks on enemies while moving around in all directions with Soru and Kaika Soru: Heki instead of one Robin.

Along with a new one being added as well:

Chou Shigan Kenpo Ougi III "Artillery garden" (ONL)(T)(N)(H)(M) - While at a distance, Robin blooms a "garden" of arms, which is made out of around 1000 limbs or more, around a group of enemies. She then have all the arms annihilate the enemies with various Kaika Shigan Kenpo attacks!

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 1/7/15:

No new techniques this time, however I've updated one of my comments talking about the difference between Shigan Oren and a Hana Hana enhanced version of it where i've added info about tactics that revolve around stealthily sprouting extra arms during a Shigan Oren barrage and such:

It should also be noted that Hana Hana enhanced versions of the Shigan Oren like the Kaika Shigan: Touren (Orange lotus) technique along with all the other more powerful variants of it (such as "Sekiren", "Kokuren", etc.), can also be executed during a normal Shigan Oren by immediately and gradually blooming extra arms while the attack is still in motion in order to gradually keep up the pressure until she finally overpowers her target or until they are completely destroyed, making this tactic great for guard breaking. Similar tactics can also be applied with the Kaika Shigan: Bai Touren (Double Orange Lotus) technique and all it's more powerful variants when using the two regular armed Shigan: Fukuren (Double lotus) version of Shigan Oren, as well as with other similar rapid-fire Shigan attacks, such as the Kaika Shigan Kenpo: Oren Soku technique.
I plan on updating this comment some more with visual ads eventually, possibly with small gif animations or something.

---------- Post added February 01, 2015 at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was January 09, 2015 at 06:05 AM ----------

UPDATE 2/1/15:

Two new techniques have been added in the Shigan section!

• Kaika Shigan "Vine sting" (H)(N)(M)(T)(OB)(ONL)(OAB)(C) - In this technique, Robin blooms out a line of arms towards her opponent (either straight or overhead like a scorpion's tail) with the last arm of the line piercing the target with Shigan.
    [*]
    Cien Balle Fleur "MetalStorm" (M)(H)(T)(N)(ONL)(OAB) - A VERY powerful version of Shigan Oruen that is executed with over a hundred arms! This technique is based on (and named after) a real life prototype advanced Gatling gun that, as some say, can fire up to one million bullets per minute.

Also, a new illustration has been added:

Kaika Rankyaku "Daisā" (ダイサ, Dicer)(N)(M)(H)(OB)(C) - In this technique, Robin simultaneously creates a number of vertical and horizontal air blades that work together to form a Rankyaku net or grid. The attack is named after a kitchen tool known as the food dicer which is used to cut foods such as potatoes and other veggies into pieces. It should also be noted that this technique was based on the “Cross-like” Rankyaku that Kaku and Blueno used at Iceburg's mansion during the Water 7 arc and in the OP: Pirate Warriors/Kaizoku Musō series respectively.

Drawn by Garththedestroyer using these two concept sketches of the technique that I drew, one from last year and one from the year before that:

And that is all for now! :D

---------- Post added February 07, 2015 at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was February 01, 2015 at 09:25 AM ----------

SPECIAL UPDATE 2/6/15:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROBIN!!

(I know it's a day late but whatever.)

To celebrate this occasion, I made and added six sketches to the project! Go here to see them!:D

---------- Post added February 17, 2015 at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was February 07, 2015 at 09:11 AM ----------

UPDATE 2/16/15:

Added two more sub-styles in the shigan section, both which are technique concepts that i came up with a few years ago and written down but never shared online before now due to various reasons.

• Shinaru Shigan kenpo (N)(H)(T)(M)(OA)(C) - a version of Shigan Kenpo that utilizes aspects of Kami-e to make the arm bend, just like how Kalifa executed Shinaru Shigan whip in order to make her arm bend like a whip during her Shinaru Shigan “Whip” technique.
  • Kaika Shinaru Shigan Kenpo (M)(H)(N)(T)(OB)(OA)(C) - a combination of Kaika Shigan Kenpo and Kami-e similar to regular Shinaru Shigan Kenpo.
Now I know what some of you are thinking "Hey, how the hell do you know if Kalifa was using Kami-e to make her arm bend so strangely when it's not even stated in the one piece wiki and such?"

Well anyone with a good eye and had studied about Kami-e more than enough can easily tell that the second panel of this page of chapter 411 of the manga during her fight with Nami shows her arm wiggling awkwardly BEFORE pulling it back all the way which makes it kind of obvious that she made part of the arm limp to become like paper so it can bend the way it did before pulling it back and whipping it out at blurring speeds towards her target like a whip. I'm highly surprised that not many people noticed that (heck I think even the anime got it wrong with that shaking effect at the beginning of it.)

Anyway, that is all for now. Btw, I am planning on making more Rokushiki Robin sketches soon so stay tuned for those. :)

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 5/24/15:

Ever since the debut of Robin's newest technique, the Moth Orchid, there has been some major debates about how she sprouted the flapping hands. Some believe she bloomed them out of the sword and the flower field then detached (or "released" for a better word) themselves from the surfaces they sprouted from while others believe that she sprouted them in midair (ie out the surface of the atmosphere itself). I myself have been thinking long and hard on which theory I should create new techniques from. Then finally i said "Ah screw it, i'll just do both", both as in i'll just create TWO sets of new techniques based on both theories respectively with one set being based on the "atmosphere" theory (AB) and the other set based on the "detachment/released" theory (DB), that way no matter which one is wrong, i still have the other set to fall back on. So far i was only able to come up with only 1 for the AB theory and 3 for the DB theory (one of them just being the DB version of the one from the AB set) and a neutral one (one that works with either theory). As you can tell, i'm still working on the AB set since that one is a lot tougher than i thought.

Well anyway, here's what i got down so far:

-------------
Two new icon indicators!

(AB) Utilizes limbs bloomed out of the air itself or can be optionally used by limbs bloomed out of the air (aka atmosphere) itself.

(DB) Requires the sprouted limb to detach/release itself from the surface to use.
And 5 new techniques!

Tobu Tetsuhana/Kaika Rankyaku/Kaika Rante "Limb shuriken" (N)(M)(AB)(C)(H) - In this technique, 4 limbs, whether they be arms or legs, bloom out of the air attached to each other, which Robin grabs and throws it like a shuriken, hardening the sprouted legs with Tekkai or Busoshoku haki right before or after throwing it. Because of how fast it's spinning after being thrown, this technique also incorporates Rankyaku due to the slicing winds circulating around it.
  • Shin Shigan (N)(M)(DB)(OA)(T)(C)(HO) - In this technique, Robin first aims one of her original fingers at her target, then sprouts another finger out of the tip of said finger. Finally, after hardening both real AND sprouted fingers with Busoshoku Koka and with strong concentration (with her mind acting like the 'mental-trigger' of sorts), Robin simply shoots the sprouted finger at her target, basically a LITERAL shigan. While it is stronger than Tobu Shigan and Shidan since it uses a solid projectile (aka a finger) instead of air bullets (although it lacks the sharpness that Tobu Shigan possesses), it is also much riskier as the main weakness of the Hana Hana fruit must still be taken into consideration when using this technique, especially against a target that is capable of deflecting (or worse, cutting down) bullet-like projectiles. The aspects of this technique can also be applied to other shigan techniques.
  • Tobu Tetsuhana/Kaika Rankyaku/Kaika Rante "Limb shuriken II" (N)(M)(DB)(C)(H) - Almost exactly the same as the (AB) version, however it instead starts off with 4 limbs whether they be arms or legs, blooming out of Robin's hand (all attached to each other) until it sort of looks like a 4 corner (quadruple edged) boomerang, which Robin then throws like a shuriken. The rest of how the technique works is just like the (AB) version.
  • Shin Kaika Shigan "Wing raid" (N)(M)(DB)(T)(C)(HO)(W) - while in the air in wing form, Robin sprouts fingers out of her wings and have them use Shin Shigan rapidly to launch an aerial bullet assault!
Ballet der Schmetterling Wirrwasser (Confusing butterfly stream ballet)(C)(N)(AB or DB) - An upgraded version of Ballet der Wirrwasser that uses the (AB) or (DB) method to create flying butterfly hands similar to Moth Orchid to stealth her movements better.
I'll add more to both sets soon. :)

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Quick update:

It finally happened! Someone FINALLY used one of the artworks from my Rokushiki Robin project in a video, and it's a theory video which is freaking cool! Check it out at the 3:23 mark!

This is so awesome that I feel like crying out of joy right now! :D

---------- Post added May 28, 2015 at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was May 17, 2015 at 12:15 PM ----------

Okay everyone, I have a question for you all:

Should I open up a Patreon "content creator" account for my projects?

This is something that i had long debated to myself about since i really do need the funding to carry out the plans that i have for my projects, especially my Rokushiki Robin one. These plans include working with talented artists again to create animations, more comics, illustrations and so forth. The problem is that as much as i need to save my own money for important things such as rent, bills, groceries and such, I really don't feel comfortable with the idea of having other people put in their hard-earn money to pay for the fundings of the projects, even back when i tried using paypal donations which didn't work at all as i didn't receive a single cent (No surprise there since i knew it would fail from the start). Still, a part of me feels like giving it one more shot, this time with patreon but i want know what you guys think?

Should i do it or should i not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Sure do it if you're serious about it and people like your project
But you gonna have to step it up, and double the amount of work if you want this to work

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 7/3/15:

A couple of changes have been made to some techniques in the Tekkai section. In fact, the additional changes that i gave them are pretty much the same:

Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Kyūbu" (Cube) (N)(H)(M)(ONL) - After sprouting a tall, circular wall of arms around her, Robin then makes them all bend and fold in an awkward robotic manner until they form into a cube before she hardens them all with Tekkai/Naikō. She can also do this in preparation for her Kaika Rankyaku: Shinkuro - Wiggle n’ shake technique in order to protect herself from raining Rankyaku blades that the routine produces, just like how Kaku used Tekkai: Mushikaku to protect himself from the raining air blades from his Rankyaku: Kiri Shigure technique. It should also be noted that this technique can alternately be used for entrapping/imprisonning enemies.

Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Sufia" (Sphere) (N)(H)(M)(ONL) - Same as Kyūbu, only that she has the arms take the form of a sphere in order to eliminate all weak spots. It should also be noted that this technique can alternately be used for entrapping/imprisoning enemies.

Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Koudomu/???" (Steel Dome/???) (N)(H)(M)(ONL) - Robin will sprout whole bunch of arms from the ground all around her until they form a dome and then hardens it with Tekkai/Naikō, which will have it act like an iron dome protecting her from all sides as well as above. She can also use this to defend a group of people, including bystanders and allies, from surrounding attacks. It should also be noted that this technique can alternately be used for entrapping/imprisoning enemies.

Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Kyodomu/???" (Giant Dome/???) (H)(M)(ONL) - Robin will sprout a thousand arms and have them form an even bigger dome, covering a larger area. It should also be noted that this technique can alternately be used for entrapping/imprisoning enemies.
Also, three new techniques have been added with one in the Rankyaku section, one in the Shigan section, and one in the Soru section. Two of these techniques are actually optional follow ups to the said Tekkai techniques above.

Kaika Kamisori "Ensnaring web" (N)(M)(RC) - A Kamisori variation of Kaika Soru konran where all Robins move around the target(s) with Kamisori or Kaika Kamisori simultaneously. The constant zigzaging blurring of all the ongoing Kamisori movements from all the Robins makes it look like they are entrapping the targets in what looks like a blurry sphere or dome.

Balle fleur "Iron Maiden" (N)(M)(H)(T)(OB) - After executing either Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Kyubu", "Sufia", or "KouDomu" on the opponent to entrap them, Robin begins to sprout multiple arms inside the trap which all, by her command, either execute shigan continuously one after the other or all at once simultaneously, killing the target inside. This technique is based off of a famous (and possibly fictional) trap/torture device that goes by the same name.

Kaika Rankyaku "Razor trap"(N)(M)(H)(OB) - Same as Balle fleur "Iron Maiden", only with sprouted legs using Rankyaku instead of sprouted arms using Shigan, along with only being executed after activating Tetsuhana/Kongouhana "Koudomu" or "Kyodomu" only. This is based off of various blade traps that have been seen in different forms of fiction.
I also added some extra info in the description of the (OB) icon indicator:

(OB) = Uses replicated limbs sprouted out of the surface of her body as well as the surface of other replicated parts of her own body.

Now about the patreon ordeal, I have decided to put it on hold due to my busy work hours which keeps leaving me constantly drained and stressed with it being summer and all so I don't think I'll have the time and energy to commit to pumping out content constantly to keep patreon pledgers happy. However, i'm still considering on using that option eventually once everything is sorted out.

Well that’s about it for now! ;)

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright everyone, I got some news for you all!

My Rokushiki Robin project has once again been featured in the one piece podcast in their latest episode! It’s mentioned in the 1:07:45 mark! They even put the links to the project and gallery in the description of the episode!

---------- Post added August 22, 2015 at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was August 12, 2015 at 06:50 AM ----------

UPDATE 8/22/15:

It’s that time for a new update to the Rokushiki Robin movelist. This time, thanks to a couple of people over at Tumblr, two new techniques have been added with one in the Rankyaku section and one in the Geppo section!
  • Kaika Geppo “Rocket Twist” (Temporary name)(M)(N)(OAB) - It’s basically a unique Rokushiki-style twist on “Twist”, another famous technique used by Robin in the canon (where she twists the target’ upper body, breaking it), only that this version is for large enemies who are too strong for the user to budge; thus can not be twisted easily due to their high resistance and endurance. This starts off with the user grabbing the large target’s arms with two large arms (ie Manos) made out of many limbs (all bloomed out of the enemy’s waist like how a usual “twist” submission starts) and blooms a group of legs out of the elbow of one of the arms (or two groups of legs out of the arms with one group on each arms) and at the same time, the legs use Kaika Geppo to kick off the air horizontally to accelerate the arm as they’re rotating the enemy’s upper body, making the twist technique a lot more deadly than before. Think of this technique as one or two rockets attached to a rotatable object, one that is so jammed that it can’t be budged normally. However thanks to the rocket’s pushing force after blasting off, the object finally loosens up and turns. I believe that alone should give you an idea of how the technique looks like as well as how devastating it is (And how gruesome this technique is if used on a weaker target). (Diagram sketch drawn by me)
  • Ran-Tsuru (Storm Vine)(OB)(H)(M)(N)(C) - An alternate variation of Rankyaku that instead of using legs, Robin unleashes air blades using a variation of Salmon Vine, be that variation be in the form of a sword or a whip. (Credit goes to calgaras from Tumblr)
And that’s about it for now. :)

---------- Post added August 25, 2015 at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was August 22, 2015 at 11:06 AM ----------

UPDATE 8/25/15

Four new techniques have been added with one in the Geppo section, one in the Rankyaku section, and two in the Shigan section!

• Kaika Geppo "Tekkai Kyanon" (Iron mass cannon)(H)(M)(OB)(C) - A powerful technique that is a little similar to Fukuro's Soru: Tekkai Dama attack. Right after executing Kaika Geppo (using 6 or 8 sprouted legs) to blast herself towards her target like a projectile, Robin immediately curls up into a ball and hardens her entire body with Tekkai to become like an iron cannon ball before smashing into her target. This technique can also be utilized with Busoshoku koka instead (Shin Kyanon) or with both Tekkai and Busoshoku Koka combined (Ultimate Kyanon).
  • Treinta Balle Fleur "Yamārashi" (Porcupine) (N)(T)(H)(M)(OB)(C) - Similar to Saboten (Cactus), only that Robin sprouts over 30 arms out of her back that pierces all enemies behind her if they get too close.
  • Cuarenta Balle Fleur "Harinezumi" (Hedgehog) (N)(T)(H)(M)(OB)(C) - As she curls into a "ball" during a forward jump, over 40 arms bloom out of her body, piercing all enemies in close.
  • Kaika Rankyaku "Harinezumi Buzzsaw" (Hedgehog buzzsaw)(N)(H)(M)(OB)(C) - While curling up like a ball form in the air, Robin sprouts at least 6 or 8 legs out of her body in a circular form and unleashes Rankyaku while her body is still spinning, becoming like an aerial buzzsaw!
You know, I can see someone like Fukuro using that first one in this list if he were to have the Hana Hana no mi since his body all round and such, which would make his version of the technique look much more authentic if you think about it. XD

Anyway, that is all for now! ;)

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
MAJOR UPDATE 12/8/15:

Hey folks, sorry for being gone for so long without posting any new updates. I have been dealing with RL situations from bed bug problems to constant fatigue from the amount of hard work that i've been doing at my job. But now with most of those issues out of the way, I was finally able to get back to working on the updates (although i admit that i have been slowly adding them bit by bit to the movelist over the months just to save time from putting them all in at one go by the time i post this).

Anyway, 14 new techniques have been added to the movelist with 12 in the Shigan section (with 11 of them being variations of the first technique) and 2 in the Geppo section, along with some concept sketches drawn by me! Also, three new illustrations by Sturmir have been added for the following techniques: Ran-Tsuru, Kaika Shigan Kenpo "Chouren Soku", and Tetsuhana "Tsuru Rariatto"!

-------------

First, the three illustrations by Sturmir!

Ran-Tsuru (Storm Vine)

Ran-Tsuru (Storm Vine) - An alternate variation of Rankyaku that instead of using legs, Robin unleashes flying air blade projectiles using a variation of Salmon Vine (the technique where she creates line of arms and use them like a rope and such), be that variation be in a form of a sword, whip, short whip, or stick. (Credit goes to calgaras from Tumblr who gave me the idea through her in-depth opinion about the "Rokushiki+Hana Hana no mi" concept that let to this awesome technique!)

Kaika Shigan Kenpo "Chouren Soku" (Blooming Finger gun/pistol style "Ultimate Lotus Bouquet") , with both normal and Busoshoku Haki versions!

Kaika Shigan Kenpo "Chouren Soku" (Ultimate Lotus Bouquet) - Like Kouren Soku (Grand Lotus Bouquet), this is also a more powerful variation of Ouren Soku (Which is simply a rapid-fire version of *Shin Ouren), only that it uses both of her original arms AND multiple arms! This is possibly one of the most powerful rapid fire variations of Shin Ouren!

*Special note: Shin Oruen (True yellow lotus) is a single hit attack unlike Shigan Ouren, which is simply a rapid-fire version of Shigan. It starts off with Robin sticking out two of her real fingers, then she sprouts out a bunch of fingers out of the real two fingers until they form into what looks like a yellow lotus flower. Then finally she pierces the enemy's body with that very same "finger flower"-like hand. Here's what it looks like - http://pre10.deviantart.net/db13/th...ketch_plus_reference_by_shinjojin-d8fgzyn.jpg

And finally, Tetsuhana "Tsuru Rariatto" (Iron Flower "Vine Clothesline/Lariat")

Tetsuhana "Tsuru Rariatto" (Iron Flower "Vine Clothesline/Lariat") - While charging at her enemy at great speeds with Soru, Robin sprouts a line of arms out of one of her original arms while still moving, then hardens them with Tekkai before hitting a row of enemies with a multi-arm clothesline! This technique is best used in her Mankai Bushin form (as shown in the illustration above) for true efficiency and can be further strengthened with Busoshoku Haki for an even greater effect!

-------------

Second, the new techniques!

Kaika Shigan Kenpo "Hōkiri" (Cannon Drill)(N)(M)(OB)(H) - A very deadly technique where Robin starts off by spinning her body very fast with Soru (almost similar to the way Fukuoro does while he was preparing to use Tekkai Dama) while simultaneously sprouting multiple fingers out of her hand until they form a drill. Then, right before heading towards her target, she, while still spinning, quickly lifts her feet off the ground (position herself in a lunging pose) and immediately sprouts 4 or 6 legs out of her lower body in a circular pattern and have them quickly kick off the air behind her (i.e. using Kaika Geppo) right before the legs vanish instantly afterwards, resulting in blasting herself towards her target like a cannon at great speeds with her sticking her drill-shaped hand out ahead of her while she herself is still spinning in a drill-like motion (go here for a visual demonstration of the process), striking him/her with it the moment she finally reaches her/him. This technique is inspired after various flying spinning/drill-like attacks from various fighting games, including the Psycho Crusher used by M.Bison from the Street Fighter series and the Bloody Spin used by Laurence Blood from the Fatal Fury series. The name "Hōkiri", or at least the english translation of it, is a direct reference to a secondary name of the spiral arrow, an attack used by Cammy White who is also from the Street Fighter series.

(Note: Despite how similar they sound, the last two letters of both Geppo (moonwalk) and Geppu (Moonblast) are two different words with different meanings.)

Kaika Shigan Kenpo "Suishin Hōkiri" (Propelling Cannon Drill) (N)(M)(OB)(H) - A more powerful version of Hōkiri, only that during the technique, Robin sprouts 2 to 4 legs out of the sides of her waist while still spinning, creating a rotating Kaika Rankyaku defense in a similar fashion to Kaku's Neji Hakujin in order to protect the lower half of her body while the Hōkiri technique is still in motion. Not only that, this 'Kaika Rankyaku' addition also sort of acts like a propeller, which in turn increases the traveling speed of the technique through acceleration!

Kaika Shigan Kenpo "Geppū/Gekko Hōkiri" (Moonblast/Moonlight Cannon Drill) (N)(M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Hōkiri where Robin utilizes Geppo with her Soru movements simultaneously in order to use the attack in mid air.

Kaika Shigan Kenpo "Geppū/Gekko Suishin Hōkiri" (Moonblast/Moonlight Propelling Cannon Drill) (N)(M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Suishin Hōkiri where Robin utilizes Geppo with her Soru movements simultaneously in order to use the attack in mid air.

Cho Hōkiri (Super Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - A more powerful version of Hōkiri, only that she uses either Kaika Soru: Senkou instead of a normal Soru in order to spin herself a LOT faster or Kaika Geppo: Hakpa instead of the usual six-legged variation of Kaika Geppo in order to project (or blast) herself towards her target at even FAR greater speeds and momentum, with either way both resulting in making the technique a lot more faster and stronger (along with being harder to avoid and travel at further distances if using the Kaika Geppo Hakpa variant) .

Cho Suishin Hōkiri (Super propelling Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - Another more powerful version of Suishin Hōkiri, only that she uses either Kaika Soru: Senkou instead of a normal Soru in order to spin herself a LOT faster or Kaika Geppo: Hakpa instead of the usual six-legged variation of Kaika Geppo in order to project (or blast) herself towards her target at even FAR greater speeds and momentum, with either way both resulting in making the technique a lot more faster and stronger (along with traveling to further distances and being harder to avoid if using the Kaika Geppo Hakpa variant).

Chokou Hōkiri (Ultra Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An even FAR more powerful version of Hōkiri, only that Robin uses BOTH Kaika Soru: Senkou to spin herself at godlike speed AND Kaika Geppo: Hakpa to project herself towards her target at even further levels of speed, momentum and distances, making the entire technique so insanely powerful and fast that it's almost impossible to avoid or defend against.

Cho Suishin Hōkiri (Ultra Propelling Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An even FAR more powerful version of Suishin Hōkiri, only that Robin uses BOTH Kaika Soru: Senkou to spin herself at godlike speed AND Kaika Geppo: Hakpa to project herself towards her target at even further levels of speed and momentum, all while sprouting SIX legs out of all sides of her waist while still spinning, creating a far more incredible rotating Kaika Rankyaku defense, making the entire technique so insanely powerful and fast that it's almost impossible to avoid or defend against.

Cho Geppū/Gekko Hōkiri (Super Moonblast/Moonlight Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Cho Hōkiri that uses utilizes Geppo with either her Soru or Kaika Soru Senkou movements simultaneously in order to use the attack in midair.

Cho Geppū/Gekko Suishin Hōkiri (Super Moonblast/Moonlight Propelling Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Cho Suishin Hōkiri that uses utilizes Geppo with either her Soru or Kaika Soru Senkou movements simultaneously in order to use the attack in midair.

Chokou Geppū/Gekko Hōkiri (Ultra Moonblast/Moonlight Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Chokou Hōkiri that uses utilizes Geppo with her Kaika Soru Senkou movements simultaneously to use the attack in midair.

Chokou Geppū/Gekko Suishin Hōkiri (Ultra Moonblast/Moonlight propelling Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Chokou Suishin Hōkiri that uses utilizes Geppo with her Kaika Soru Senkou movements simultaneously to use the attack in midair.

Kaika Geppo "Pinball Clutch" (N)(M)(OAB) - A combination of Pinbooru and Gekko Kurutchi . Like Moonlight clutch, this technique also revolves around catching an airborne victim in a clutch hold, only that instead of using Kaika Geppo once to launch him towards the ground crashing, she, after sprouting a couple more pairs of arms behind him (one pair out the back of his legs and another pair out the back of his shoulders) and have them hold hands to make him look like a "ball" of sorts, constantly uses Kaika Geppo to bounce him around the air like a pinball until his body is completely messed up due to each bone breaking per bounce. This technique is best used for enemies who's physical superhuman endurance are so great that a regular clutch or other normal hana hana enhanced submissions are ineffective against them.

Kaika Geppo "Pinball Spider Clutch" (N)(M)(OAB)(H) - After grabbing the enemy high in the air from behind, She sprouts four more legs (all of them hold his lower body) and several arms (all hiding his upper body), then uses Kaika Geppo to bounce her and her target around in the air like a pinball, breaking more and more bones per bounce.
Now as for the concept sketches that drew for two of the above new techniques, you can find them here.

Anyway, that is all for now! Consider this an early Christmas gift to all who are fans of this project, especially those who have been following it since the very beginning! ;)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Preview of the next Rokushiki Robin update, with one of them being the next batch of concept sketches of a technique that i'm revising! ;)

http://sta.sh/01j5adgom2iq

http://sta.sh/019pxny1wv8j
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Two more previews of the sketches for the next Rokushiki Robin update!

http://sta.sh/0j6zv6ywkd3

http://sta.sh/028h6mhjhn40

I originally was going to have everything ready before Nico Robin’s birthday so it will be another birthday update like last year, but unfortunately some real life issues came about which lead me to delaying things for the time being. The best I can do to make it up to you guys is by giving you all a couple more sneak peaks. Hopefully, I will be able to have the complete update with all the sketches and stuff ready before the end of the month.
Hey everyone! Sorry for not posting the update at the end of February like I originally promised. Several RL things have gotten in the way which drained me of my passion to continue working on it for sometime but hopefully I can get back to working on it at full swing.

In the meantime, to celebrate Robin's new level of importance thanks to many revelations in chapter 818, here's one last preview of a sketch from the upcoming Rokushiki Robin update! :)

http://sta.sh/02dhay5phn5t

I hope you guys like it. Once again, I apologize for the delay but I will the finish the entire update eventually.
UPDATE 4/28/16:

Hey everyone!

First off, I must deeply apologize for the constant delays. I've been lacking so much motivation throughout these couple months to finish the sketches like I originally intended but thankfully I have finally gotten everything ready! Now on to the updates!

First, five new techniques have been added in the Shigan section with four of them being variations of Hokiri and one being a revision of a technique that I written and added years ago!

• Kaika Shigan Kenpo "Tsuru-Mori/Morigan" (Vine Spear/Harpoon gun) (H)(N)(M)(T)(OB)(ONL)(OAB)(C) - In this technique, Robin "shoots" out a line of arms towards her opponent at rapid speed (with her sprouting arm after arm continuously out of the initial surface instead of constantly sprouting arms in the usual matter. For a more in-depth explanation, go here) with the end arm of the line piercing the target with Shigan. Then, after striking the target with the attack, she blooms out a few arms/hands/fingers out of the striking arm and have them grab and hold him in place, giving her a number of great options, which includes either pulling/reeling him towards her for a follow up attack, toss him to the side to slam him against the wall, or lift him up off the ground to spin him around and slam him right back down, just to name a few; all while the target remains helpless in agonizing pain with the striking finger(s)/hand still jabbed/thrusted inside of him. The way this attack is executed is similar to a spear-gun or a harpoon gun (Note: I would also like to mention that this attack was partially inspired after the harpoon/spear attack used by Scorpion, a legendary fighting game character who also happens to be one of my all time favorites, from the famous Mortal Kombat series! :D) .
  • Duo Hōkiri (Double Cannon Drill) (N)(M)(OB)(H)(C) - A two-handed version of Hōkiri with Robin using two hand drills formed on BOTH of her arms, doubling the damage or just to have second hand drill in hand just in case.
  • Quad Hōkiri (Quadripple Cannon Drill) (N)(M)(OB)(H)(C) - A four-handed version of Hōkiri with two hand drills on both of her real arms and two hand drills on two sprouted arms!
  • Giga Hōkiri (Giga Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - A powerful version of Hōkiri where instead of forming a drill made out of fingers that are bloomed out of one of her original hands, she creates a much larger drill made out of arms and fingers that are bloomed out of both of her original arms!
  • Kaika Shigan Kenpo Ougi "Ō Hōkiri (Omega Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(HO) - Possibly the most powerful version of Giga Hōkiri , one that uses both Kaika Geppo Hakpa and Kaika Soru Senkou (similar to Cho Kamisori) to lunch herself towards her target at godlike speed, as well as 6 legs (she blooms immediately after blasting off) to create an incredible rotating Kaika Rankyaku defense along with to propel herself at top speed. And finally, she also uses Busoshoku Haki Koka to strengthen the entire attack to its fullest!

Next are some more sketches that I drew that further showcases and illustrates the Tsuru-Mori/Morigan technique in greater detail. Note that the poses are far from perfect as I was having a lot of trouble trying get them right as best as I can, plus I tried to draw Robin in her outfit from the Adventure of Nebulandia special and failed miserably at it. LOL

You can find them here! :)

And that is about it for now! ;)
UPDATE 8/9/16

Four new techniques have been added to the Misc/Other section of the main movelist! I originally was gonna only add them in the documented list of future techniques but I decided to say screw it and just add them to the main thing anyway since I'm pretty much satisfied with them.

• Cabello Fleur "Seimei kikan" (Hair Flower “life return”) (SK)(OB)(H)(M)(N)(C) - After blooming out extra hair with her powers, Robin then uses Seimei kikan (life return) to manipulate it to do anything she sets her mind to, including the following:
    • Oni Hebi Shigan (Demon Snake Finger gun) (SK)(OB)(H)(M)(N)(C) - After greatly lengthening her hair by sprouting more hair with her powers, she has it shape into the form of hands and repeatedly uses the fingers of said hands to rapidly jab the opponent instead of using her own fingers, similar to Kumadori's Shishi shigan.
    • Kemuchi (Hair whip) (SK)(OB)(H)(C)(M)(N) - After lengthening her hair by sprouting more with her powers, Robin uses Seimei Kikan to shape it into a long ponytail braid (or long multiple thin ones), then twirls and lashes it around like a whip. She can also harden the tip end of the braid with Busoshoku haki/koka for a deadlier effect.
      • Rankemuchi (Storm hair whip) (SK)(OB)(H)(C)(M)(N) - After executing Kemuchi, she then swings and lashes the “hair whip” around at high speed to create air blades with it. Like Ran-Tsuru, this technique is also used as an alternative way to execute Rankyaku instead of using one’s own legs.
    • Kemayu Sūtsu (Hair cocoon suit) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - In this technique, Robin blooms hair out of her entire body and uses Seimei kikan to have them wrap around her body (except her eyes and ears). Then, she hardens them all with Busoshoku koka , becoming sort of like a suit of armor for defending against attacks as well as strengthening her own physical attacks, making this technique great for when fighting enemies in direct hand to hand/close quarters combat as long as Robin has enough Haki to spare!
Big thanks to Jakisuaki of One Piece Reddit who inspired these ideas when we and a few others were talking about how Robin could use her powers with her hair and such!

Anyway, more to be added later in the future! However, it won't be any time soon since I have other plans for projects that I want to focus on at the moment (although I might make a sketch or two of one of the techniques above if I'm ever in the mood).
Okay guys, I need some help here. As some of you are aware, This year is the 10th anniversary of the Rokushiki Robin project, which also happens to be at the same time as the 20th anniversary of One Piece itself. However, I'm really having trouble as to how I go about it as I currently lack the financial budget to make it be as perfect as I wanted it to be since I have a bunch of plans for it.

Here are my plans for it so far:
  • A special 10th anniversary title card/Cover art to celebrate the occasion. I already have the perfect artist in mind for this but it could be very costly.
  • A steller animation that showcases Robin or a Hana Hana user in geneal using some of the techniques from the movelist in action. This might be the most expensive since the animators that I have in mind have price rates per frame that are very high.
  • A contest where fan content creators (such as fan artists and fanfic writers) who are fans of the project can contribute something to it and the winner for the best contribution gets a special prize while the runner ups get consolation prizes. Also, all entries will be part of a special document that showcases all the entries with a big THANK YOU message at the end.
  • A big thank you video of myself talking about the project and how much support that it gained meant to me over the years, along with thanking everyone who I've commissioned for and collaberated with on the project.
  • New banners for the project.

So as you can see, these are what I want to do for the celebation of the project. Unfortunately, some of these cost a lot of money and due to my current level of patience, work flow, and financial issues (hell, I still didn't receive one little cent through paypal donation and I'm still quite hesitant to use patreon), I can only be able to do at least 2 out of these 5 things (at least for the moment since that could change depending on IRL ordeals that happen from this point). In other words, I need you guys to help me decided on which two I should go with.

So, any suggestions?
UPDATE 4/15/17:

Hello everyone! Its been a long time since I've posted any actual updates hasn't it?

Anyway, let's start off with a very minor movelist update. I've finally came up with a name for a technique that I had in the movelist for a long time but never gave it a name until now.
Rankyaku "Sekaijū Dachi" (Around the World cut) (ONL)(H)(M)(C) - A technique similar to Zokura except that this time, Robin will sprout a various set of arms out of the ground (in a single vertical chain position) and a various set of arms out of the ceiling (in the same position). With one set holding her left arm and with the other set holding her right arm, Robin will then have both sets spin her around continuously and rapidly in a clockwise circle with her legs out first. She finally cuts the air in a form that looks similar to Kaku's Amane Dachi technique. (Diagram sketch by me)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up is that after almost a year, my friend Akkym has finally completed the 5th page of the Robin the Rokushiki Demon doujin/fan manga and is now ready for viewing! You can find both that and page 4 here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In speaking of Akkym, this leads into the last update. Recently, I opened up a fanart contest over at One Piece Amino to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Rokushiki Robin project called the Rokushiki Robin Challenge!

I originally made it an OP Amino exclusive contest for a couple of months but after some convincing from a few people, I decided to make it open to the entire One Piece online community, including Deviantart, Reddit, and various OP forums!

The challenge is to basically for you to make a drawing of Robin or any Hana Hana no mi user in general (the user can be an already existing Rokushiki user in the canon, an OC, or an Anonymous user) using Rokushiki techniques that utilizes the abilities of the devil fruit in a creative way. It can be any of the techniques you want out of the Movelist, techniques of your own creation, or both (And for the record for those who are going to draw a technique from the movelist, it doesn't have to be a technique that has not already been drawn). As for how you can draw it, it can be just as a single panel of her/him doing a single technique, a comic/manga style drawing of an action scene with her/him using multiple techniques in certain ways, a diagram of how the technique is executed, etc (see my Rokushiki Robin galleries here or here for plenty of examples). The challenge will last until the 15th of May. All participants will have their drawings featured on my project as well as my blogs in a form of a compilation video and the lucky winner with the most impressive drawing will get to have a fan art drawn by the artist of the "Robin: The Rokushiki Demon" doujin/fan manga herself, Akkym! :D

If you need anymore info about the challenge, please just let me know and I'll answer ASAP! Best of luck to all of you! I'll be looking forward to hopefully see some entries from you guys! ;)
After some serious consideration (as well as still noticing not many people participating in the challenge due to understandable reasons), I decided to give the contest one final extension to July 30th. I have to admit that I originally was against the idea extending the challenge to summer due to how busy I'm going to be during that season (those who work at Wal-Mart like I do definitely know how that is and which is also why I didn't even start the contest at that time either) but I've realized that most of the people who wanted to participate in the challenge are those who are still in high school or collage and are usually busy with exams and such. So with that in mind, I decided to take a chance by extending the deadline to see how this will work out since school's out during summer break, thus giving all participants way more time to work on thier entries.

Anyways, that is all for now. Btw, for those who have not heard of the challenge yet, go to the introduction here to see how you can participate. :)

This is Shinjojin and I will see you all later! Take care and good luck!
Major Update 9/17/17:

Well guys, the contest is over but the turnout was alright I guess. To see the results, check out the video below!

Even though I haven't decided on a winner yet, I still think it's best to least show you guys the compilation portion of the video of all the "Hana Hana no mi + Rokushiki" Challenge entries that I've promised or at least a WIP of it since it's also a preview of a very special video that I'm making which is where I will announce the winner of the challenge so stay tuned for that!

In other news, I finally got back into doing 3D stuff so I can fulfill another promise I've made a couple of years ago, which was to start making 3D poses and animations of Robin using techniques from my project!

It's far from finished but I still feel like showing you guys a little something that will be part of a future update. The only things I need to do to the pose is adjusting the facial expression, the lightning, and adding the extra arms (and maybe a few other things too). Btw, as you can already tell, this Robin model is definitely from the Pirate Warriors series.

Oh and one last thing. After finally founding out that the reason no one was able to see the side comments in any of my documents over at Google Docs (including the Rokushiki Robin one) for a long while was because I didn't leave it on the "Anyone on the internet can find and comment" setting (which I end up feeling like a complete dumbass after the realization), I went ahead and corrected the problem so now the side comments in the Rokushiki Robin document should finally be avalible for view, alon with the ones in the "Future Techniques for the Rokushiki Robin project" document as well:

https://goo.gl/FlfSrH

And that it all for now! ;)
UPDATE 10/20/18:

Hey guys, Shinjojin/Shojin here and after over a year, I'm finally back with a new update for you guys here!!

First, I want to annouce the winner of the "Hana Hana no mi + Rokushiki" fanart challenge celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Rokushiki Robin project but beforw I do, I want to take this time to deeply apologize for not updating everyone about who the winner is for the past few months after all this time. I had to deal with a bunch of RL issues as they've sucked the passion out of me and I've ended up forgetting about it. Now it's time for me to make up for it all.

Anyway, I want to also tell you all that after some serious consideration, due to the loss of interest of making that super special video for the time being, I decided to instead announce the winner here and also in a form a journal/blog post at other sites.

And the Winner is......

Minanionepiece from deviantart!!

She is receiving her prize as we speak!

Now that FINALLY got that out of the way, time for some updates on the project itself! First, I have five new illustrations for you guys, four of them being drawn by the talented SleepySketcher from Tumblr! Here's three Shigan ones with two of them being revolved around how to utilize a sprouting shigan on enemies that block a lot (although actually, the first two were draft sketches that he made while attempting to draw the third one which is the complete illustration that he intended but truth be told, I actually liked them a lot so I think they are worth sharing as well).

The top and bottom illustrations are based on this sketch of mine that I made for a multi-page document of my project that I created and sent to Oda back in 2013.

And now here's the fourth: a Rankyaku one, which is of the Kaika Rankyaku Hedgehog Buzzsaw attack straight out of the movelist doc! ;)

It was drawn using my old sketch of the technique that I gave to him use as reference:

And last but not least, here's the fifth illustration, however this one was drawn by Jeyrablue. It's an illustration of an Armament Haki-enhanced version of Tetsuhana "Kinsenjun" (Iron Flower "Marigold Shield")!

Which she has drawn using my seven-year-old sketch of the technique as reference:

And finally we move on to what techniques have been added to the movelist document! Two new technqiues have been added to the Shigan section, both being heavily based on an attack used by Cammy White from the Street fighter series! Originally I wasn't going to add them until later down the line to include them in a much bigger update but thanks to another case "Screw it", I've decided to add them anyway. XD

• Geppu Ashigan "Rasen Aro/Kajōya" (Moonblast Leg gun: Spiral Arrow)(OB)(C)(H)(M)(N) - Using Kaika Geppo with the legs sprouted out of upper body, she rockets herself towards her target like a cannon with her actual legs out ahead of her first while spinning in a drill motion. Pretty much almost just like Street fighter's Cammy's version of the attack only with Geppo being used here for a much more deadlier effect.
  • Geppu Ashigan "Shin Rasen Aro/Kajōya" (True Spiral Arrow) (OB)(C)(H)(M)(N) - Same as Kajōya, only instead of just using her actual legs to attack, she sprouts a group of legs around them in order to create a more powerful drill-like attack.
And that is all for now! Btw, I also want to announce that my friend Akkym and I have resumed work on the 6th page of the "Robin: The Rokushiki demon" fan manga so be on the look out for that!

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Update 3/23/19:

After a long while, I’m back to this project with a small new update. Now that the Shidan technique is pretty much canon albeit as simply Tobu Shigan (however, I'm still gonna call it Shidan here since it makes it easier for me to differentiate this from the "flickering" version of Tobu shigan), mainly because that it's highly likely that this very shigan that was used by Stussy back in the WCI arc utilizes the nearly forgotten-about invisible ranged force form of Busoshoku Haki which, as of OP chapter 937, has been revealed to actually been a more advanced form. Because of this, I went and made a small change to the description of the technique to accurately match how the technique is performed in the canon itself.

• Shidan (指弾, Finger shot) (HO)(N)(M)(T)(OA)(C) - This technique is an evolved form of Shigan with Busōshoku Haki capabilities. To use this technique, the user must concentrate his/her Busōshoku Haki around his/her finger(s) and firing it through said finger(s) like a real gun. This will result in launching a completely invisible shockwave bullet towards the enemy as if she/he was shooting an actual bullet. How far the bullet will travel depends on the strength of the user. It also should be noted that just like any other attack that utilized with Busoshoku Haki, it can even bypass whatever defenses the enemy’s DF provides, striking the substantial body. The user can also incorporate the aspects of this technique into his/her other Shigan techniques as well.

Not only that, I added three new techniques to go along with this, two of them being more evolved forms of older sub-styles from the past, and one that utilizes aspects of Shin Ouren:

• Shidan Kenpo, a.k.a Neo Tobu Shigan kenpo (Finger Shot syle, a.k.a New Flying finger bullet style)(N)(HO)(M)(C)(OA) - An evolved form of the Tobu Shigan kenpo style where instead of the old “flicker” variant of Tobu shigan, the user uses the more advanced Shidan version in this Gunkata/Gun fu-based style!
  • Kaika Shidan Kenpo, a.k.a Neo Kaika Tobu Shigan kenpo (Blooming Finger shot style, a.k.a New Blooming flying finger bullet style)(N)(HO)(M)(OB)(OA)(C) - A more evolved version of the Kaika Tobu Shigan Kenpo style that involves using the more advanced version of Tobu Shigan, Shidan, in conjunction with the Hana Hana no mi’s hand sprouting abilities!
  • Kaika Shidan “Lotus Shotgun” (OB)(C)(HO)(M)(N) - A more powerful version of Shidan. It starts off with the user sprouting fingers out of two of her/his original fingers in the same way he/she did with the Shin Oruen technique, down to the exact same lotus flower-like pattern. However, rather than strike the target with the flower-like hand up close, the user insteads shoots a shockwave bullet out of the fingers of the hand from a distance. Due to the amount of fingers used in this technique, the shockwave bullet is much more powerful than a normal Shidan.
@Charlie @Bugzee @Erinyes @Farfalla @Darky

Check out these awesome Rokushiki Robin sketch commissions that this fantastic artist named Bordin Marsinkul of Hyper Booster made for me at Kamehacon, a dragonball convention that was super fun imo! ;)

To see more of his work, go here!

Edit: Just to clear things up in order to avoid confusion, I must point out that the techniques she is using with her powers in these sketches are Shigan (with haki) and Rankyaku respectively.

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 9/4/19:

9 new techniques have been added to the Misc/Other section, along with 3 new techniques in Soru section with 1 already existing technique finally given a name!

First, here are the three techniques for the Soru section and the finally named one. They are all techniques for the Ballet der Wirrwasser (Confusing Stream ballet in German) style. For those who want to know what style is, here's the description:

Ballet der Wirrwasser (Confusing Stream ballet in German)(N)(OB) - A moving technique that revolves around using aspects of Soru, Geppo, Kaika Geppo, Kaika Soru: Heki, & Kami-e: Gen where Robin moves around silently while at the same time moving fluidly like water, rapidly alternating between fast and slow movements and confusing her opponents due to the fluid motion and continuously changing speed, all while using aspects of Kaika Geppo and Heki to make herself look like she's hovering throughout the technique.
Anyway, while I did come up with some techniques for this sub-style, I didn't bother to add them because I want to give them Russian names in order to have them fit the elegant theme of the sub-style but since I don't know Russian, I went and held off until I was able to find someone who DOES know Russian and thanks to an awesome person (who's username that I don't remember but I know him/her from OP amino), I finally was able to give 3 of these techniques Russian names!

• Спиральный Цветочный Штормовой Меч танец (Spiral Flower Storm Sword Dance in Russian)(N)(H)(OB)(C) - One of the few follow up attacks after Ballet der Wirrwasser. Robin simply spins around once like a ballerina at an instantaneous speed while cutting the enemy with three legs (two sprouted and one real or only three sprouted) via Kaika Rankyaku.
  • Смертени рукои танец (Lethal Hand Dance in Russian)(SK)(N)(H)(OB)(C) - One of the few follow up attacks after Ballet der Wirrwasser. Robin simply slashes at her opponent from various points with either Rante or her claws via Rantsume (using her fingernails that she sharpened using Seimei Kikan) while still moving around the target in a dance like motion.
  • (??? in Russian)(N)(H)(OB)(C) - Robin basically flip kicks upward while cutting the target with Rankyaku.
  • Торнадо волос Танец (Tornado Hair Dance in Russian)(SK)(N)(H)(OB)(C) - One of the few follow up attacks after Ballet der Wirrwasser. Robin, right after quickly extending her hair by blooming more with her powers and braid it up with Seimei Kikan while she herself is still moving, spins towards her target with her hair outward striking her enemy as if she were a spinning top.

Now here are the nine new techniques for the Misc/Other section, all which are more techniques that utilizes the Cabello Fleur "Seimei kikan" (Hair Flower “life return”) technique.

• Ketou (Hair sword) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - In this bizarre technique, Robin blooms out a long line of hair out of her hand and shapes it into a sword, then hardens it with Haki! Much safer to use than Tsuru-tou. She can also multiply this technique with both of her original hands (making it a dual set) or/and even her sprouted arms, with each arm wielding a hair sword.
    • Cho Ketou (Great hair sword) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - A much stronger and sturdier version of Hair sword that is also a combined version of Tsuru-tou and Ketou that utilizes sprouted replicas of both hair AND limbs (the arms and hands specifically) with the hair being the cover of the sword and limbs being the support. She can also multiply this technique with both of her original hands (making it a dual set) or/and even her sprouted arms, with each arm wielding a hair sword.
      • Sasubana (Sting Flower) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - A dashing thrust where Robin first goes into a pose by dropping into a partial crouch, both knees bent, left arm drawn back and right arm extended forward, then uses Soru (or Senkou) to charge at her target at blinding superhuman speed as she thrusts her hair sword forward with the same thrusting speed and power as Shigan! She can also use both Soru and Geppo to do an aerial version of this technique while in the air!
      • Sensuibana (Diving Flower) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - A diving thrust where Robin, while in the air, uses Geppo (or an enhanced variant of Geppo) to burst forward down diagonally at her target with her hair sword head first.
      • Jōshōbana (Rising flower) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - An anti-air style attack where she rises into the air with an upward arc slash.
      • Zerobana (Zero Flower) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - A very powerful point blank version of Sasubana. Nuff said.
  • Keyari (Hair lance) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - Another much stronger and sturdier version of Hair sword that is also a combined version of Tsuru-tou and hair sword that utilizes sprouted replicas of both hair AND limbs (the arms and hands specifically), only this time, instead of a sword, she has them take the shape of a strong lance.
  • Ketate (Hair shield) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - In this bizarre technique, Robin blooms out a bunch of hair out of her hand and forearm and shapes it into circular pattern, becoming like a shield, then hardens it with Haki! Much safer to use than Kinsenjun. She can also multiply this technique with both of her original arms (or even create a larger one using both arms) or/and even her sprouted arms, with each arm wielding a hair shield.
    • KyōdaiŌu (Mighty shield) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - This is a much stronger and sturdier version of Ketate that is also a combined version of Ketate and Kinsenjun that is a very useful technique that utilizes sprouted replicas of both hair AND limbs (the arms and hands specifically) with the hair being the cover of the shield and limbs being the support. It starts off with Robin first sprouting multiple arms out of one of her original arms in a circular pattern until they form a shield (Calendula), with hands blooming out of the sides of the arms horizontally and holding on to them as well as each other to keep the whole thing sturdy. Then, she blooms out much hair out of those very same arms and uses Seimei Kikan to have them wrap around the entire "Shield of limbs" in a way that makes it look like a sturdy shield and hardens the whole thing (both hair and limbs) with Busoshoku Haki: Koka, which all results in creating a powerful shield to defend against attacks with. She can even harden it further with Tekkai for extra support. She can also multiply this technique with both of her original arms (or even create a larger one using both arms) or/and even her sprouted arms, with each arm wielding a hair shield.
And that is all for now. Btw, as you all may have noticed, 4 of the above techniques (Sasubana, Sensuibana, Jōshōbana, and Zerobana) are all omages to Sajemi Saito, another character from Rorouni Kenshin which Oda was an assistant artist of in the past.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 10/5/19:

Two more techniques added to the Soru section, both which are techniques that I came up with and wrote in the WIP doc back in 2016 but never added in the main doc due to hesitation. But now thanks to me gaining a bit of confidence along with getting a huge case of "Fuck it", I decided to grow a pair and add them anyway. Now on to the to techniques:

• No Soru (To not shave) (N)(M)(ONL) - A unique form of soru where Robin uses sprouted legs to execute Soru instead of her normal legs, allowing Robin to use the enhanced attributes that Soru grants (which includes the ability to not only move at vanishing speed but also to attack at greater speed and power) without the need of executing Soru the normal way to gain them, opening up a pathway to a whole set of new techniques as well as to move at vanishing speed more constantly and seamlessly without to "charge up" and "recharge" so to speak, which can lead to VERY strategic uses with this technique. There is quite a trick or two to this technique which includes sprouting the extra legs out of a proper sized object (one that has enough room to bloom fully grown legs out of) that is not in the enemy's sight in order to create the illusion that she can use soru without using the proper sequence to execute the technique as well as the illusion that she can naturally attack at speeds and power at "beyond superhuman levels" without executing some technique to do so. Now despite the benefits of this, there are some drawbacks, such as the increase being only lasting for a couple of seconds, along with the fact that this is merely a circumstantial technique that can only be done depending on the location, not to mention that this must be done with caution since overdoing this technique without giving herself some time to cool down in between successions can cause heart problems since the body only endure so much blood flow and metabolism boosts at such high rates.
    • Gen'ei ken (Illusion fist) (N)(M)(ONL) - A fighting style that uses No Soru to attack and defend at greater speeds and power while standing in place, resulting in the user's attacks being so fast that it looks like the targets are being hit by afterimages of the appendages she/he is attacking with, thus the name of the style. This can be further enhanced with observation haki and the "hyperblooming" variation of the hana hana no mi to make it appear that the user is so godlike fast that he/she is like a super-psychic being that is almost untouchable.

And before any of you ask, yes, the name of the technique "No Soru" does sound shitty but it's a working title for now until I can come up with a better name. -_-

Currently thinking of one of these names:
  • Diminuer (French for Shave)
  • Kosui Soru (Japanese for Tricky Shave)
  • Musei Soru (Japanese for Silent Shave)

Please comment to let me know which one you think is best. Anyway, here's a more in-depth explanation of how the two above techniques work. First off, like the Moth Orchid and Flower Umbrella, these technique are circumstantial ones for the following reasons, which are all requirements in order to use them, let alone use them successfully:

1. They require the user to completely memorize and be fully aware of the surroundings of the entire location he/she is in.This even includes areas of the location that he/she will not be able to see at the moment of the situation but still knows of them in order to sprout limbs at said areas.
  2. They require using properly sized objects that have the right amount of space on its surface to allow the user to bloom fully grown legs out of it .
  3. There must be said objects present at said areas at the time of the situation.
  4. The said objects must be with in the user's "producing range" (as in if the user's blooming radius is as far as, for example, 2 miles at maximum, then those said objects must be somewhere within that 2 mile radius).

To help explain all this further, I even made a rough diagram sketch to at least show how the process for the Gen'ei ken (Illusion fist) is done:

Using the aspects of this technique with Kaika Soru "Heki" and Kaika Soru "Senkou" will eliminate the flower petal giveaway and the second long start up time respectively, along with making said techniques much safer and easier to use.

Now before I end this update, I will admit that all this sound very confusing at first but think about it. While the sprouted legs (full grown legs to be exact) may be doing the execution of the technique (which is kicking the ground 10 times in a blink of an eye , resulting in pumping up the body's metabolism and blood flow to high levels), the increased speed and power still gets transferred into the main body since we all know that anything that effects the bloomed replica of a limb effects the user (like an injury, enemy's devil fruit abilities that revolves around skin contact, etc.). So it's quite obvious that if said negative effects can effect the user that way, should it be the same for body enhancing effects as well? :)

Ok, here's an example:

Let's say a dirty boxer (who is a Hana Hana no mi user) is fighting in a match with his opponent and is fighting normally and fair at the moment, and he is losing. Then some time later, during a 1 minute break after the bell rang at the end of the let's say, 7th round, he sprouts a limb in his locker room where he has someone there on standby who injects a syringe of steroids into the arm which the effects then transfers into the boxer himself to make him stronger than ever before for the rest of the match, all while fooling people, including his opponent, into thinking that he was holding back for the first seven rounds and now is getting serious when in reality, he was beefed up with steroids during that very break.

Do you see where I'm getting at now? I hope you all do! ;)

After much consideration, I've chosen Dimineur as the new name for the No Soru technique due to how much it fits the theme of the Hana Hana no mi, plus it makes so much easier to differentiate it from Soru, at least for me anyway.

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally hired a voice actress and had her voiced a bunch of techniques from my movelist document! I went ahead and updated my old Soru and Senkou video with two of the recordings and it came out pretty nice! ;

I still have a lot of other recordings that I plan to use in future videos and stuff so stay tuned!

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh that's 💯 on da bean. 🔥 man. The actress did a good job as well.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Went ahead and decided to share some more recordings of the actress saying some of the techniques!

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
UPDATE 10/18/20:

I’ve added voice clips next to some of the technique names in the form of these small sound icons:

Just click on them to hear em! The voice has been provided by the talented LeaderLooi who you can find more of her work here and follow her here!

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally, after a full year, I'm brining this project back to life here! Also, a WIP preview of what's to come in a future update:

Drawn by Nez from Twitter. Will be finished soon!

Last edited: