Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 43 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

Bebo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Holy fucking shit this movie was HORRIBLE. First move is clear this one was pathetic. Rushed, stupid villains, cringe conversations and stupid plot. SD was more of a disappointment than Jobber King and what was with the lightshow, every attack that connected to the SD just randomly exploded. The fights against Dalia and Dubz were also bad, there was no weight behind any of their punches and the fights were so rushed. I'm sorry but Nakaba is an incompetent writer, he's dropped the ball long time ago.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Holy fucking shit this movie was HORRIBLE. First move is clear this one was pathetic. Rushed, stupid villains, cringe conversations and stupid plot. SD was more of a disappointment than Jobber King and what was with the lightshow, every attack that connected to the SD just randomly exploded. The fights against Dalia and Dubz were also bad, there was no weight behind any of their punches and the fights were so rushed. I'm sorry but Nakaba is an incompetent writer, he's dropped the ball long time ago.
You ain't getting out of this fine dude, I'm calling him forth be prepared

@Mendy

Mighty Escanor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I suspect those who continue to read the sequel will find some answers about the movie and SD's fate.

I'm not sure about it, but Merlin seems to be the one who single handedly defeated SD or played a very important role in the process.

Merlin using her Scared Treasure while being enveloped in the same aura as SD can't be random. We know Mel lost his god tier powers and it was even literally said by SD at some point.

The only one who could kill her without killing consistency was Arthur, and he was not in a mood to fight. Merlin could've channelled the power of chaos in the fight against SD. (Merlin extracted the Sunshine magic from Escanor and manipulated it to use a bomb for Gowther. It's safe to assume she can extract the power of Chaos from Arthur and manipulate it to make a killing/sealing spell against SD.)

Merlin didn't fortify Mel and Zel's attack based on what we could see in the movie, but she had something to do with what enveloped SD as she was disintegrating.

Merlin killing SD indirectly by using Arthur's chaos will solve the greatest problem of the movie. Anything other than that is a paradox.

@Zorra_akuma , Nakaba's said Merlin's Gaiden will happen in the sequel, and every sin except Escanor had their PROPER backstory sometime after their Gaiden. (Escanor died right after his Gaiden, so he had no time for a backstory.)
There's a chance that Merlin as a whole character (in MnYK) can be more likable for those who hated her as a mere plot device (in NnT). But it's up to Nakaba if he wants the witch to remain to be the same plot device or become a properly fleshed out character.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I will say though the Supreme Deity's entrance and appearance are absolutely fantastic and gorgeous to look at.

Nakaba's designs are generally always good ngl

Bebo

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
I suspect those who continue to read the sequel will find some answers about the movie and SD's fate.

I'm not sure about it, but Merlin seems to be the one who single handedly defeated SD or played a very important role in the process.

Merlin using her Scared Treasure while being enveloped in the same aura as SD can't be random. We know Mel lost his god tier powers and it was even literally said by SD at some point.

The only one who could kill her without killing consistency was Arthur, and he was not in a mood to fight. Merlin could've channelled the power of chaos in the fight against SD. (Merlin extracted the Sunshine magic from Escanor and manipulated it to use a bomb for Gowther. It's safe to assume she can extract the power of Chaos from Arthur and manipulate it to make a killing/sealing spell against SD.)

Merlin didn't fortify Mel and Zel's attack based on what we could see in the movie, but she had something to do with what enveloped SD as she was disintegrating.

Merlin killing SD indirectly by using Arthur's chaos will solve the greatest problem of the movie. Anything other than that is a paradox.

@Zorra_akuma , Nakaba's said Merlin's Gaiden will happen in the sequel, and every sin except Escanor had their PROPER backstory sometime after their Gaiden. (Escanor died right after his Gaiden, so he had no time for a backstory.)
There's a chance that Merlin as a whole character (in MnYK) can be more likable for those who hated her as a mere plot device (in NnT). But it's up to Nakaba if he wants the witch to remain to be the same plot device or become a properly fleshed out character.
She was already dying before Merlin's aura enveloped her. What Merlin did was probably make sure she stays dead or extracted her power or something. Curse Mark Ver.2 Mel and Zel high diffed her, it is what it is.

Bebo

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
hey @FKS i saw this on reddit and i had a question is that part about Zeldris's sword true? the part about the regeneration thing? cause ive never heard that mentioned before by anyone

(1) Info about the content of the movie : NanatsunoTaizai (reddit.com)
The movie would have been decent if all that info was added.
About Zel's sword, sounds legit since the sword melted against Mael but is completely fine in the movie and there's a Goddess symbol on the handle.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
hey @FKS i saw this on reddit and i had a question is that part about Zeldris's sword true? the part about the regeneration thing? cause ive never heard that mentioned before by anyone

(1) Info about the content of the movie : NanatsunoTaizai (reddit.com)
I don't remember that info either.
Either I forgot about that or it simply doesn't exist.

Edit: I just skimmed the novel and didn't find anything about that, so it's likely the regeneration thing doesn't exist.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

By the way, @Zorra_akuma , why did the guy bring up the regeneration thing?

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't remember that info either.
Either I forgot about that or it simply doesn't exist.

Edit: I just skimmed the novel and didn't find anything about that, so it's likely the regeneration thing doesn't exist.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

By the way, @Zorra_akuma , why did the guy bring up the regeneration thing?
im not sure cause i was like ive never heard that before and if you think if his sword did do that nakaba would make it a bigger deal? im not sure where he got that from though

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Seems like i missed this section...too many to read so i'll just list my opinions..

I can say that this movie was really more like a fanservice for nnt fans who wanted to see 2nd FK, SD and kiane's wedding and even hawk and wild getting to normal world...

Getting some big char like SD in a short movie meant all the plot was just there to make an appearance of them and nothing much in reasoning...
like we didn't get any answers on how she was revived..where she was trapped...where were dahlia and dubs hiding for 3000+ years lol ...and they were just left off after the cheat hope was lifted...i was really looking forward to a battle between kings again when dahlia mentioned if harlequin was that strong to zeldris...but nope....in the end,..they never even met lmao...how the fk did king start to respect this guy the most..

What i liked were the fights. against dahlia and dubs..the animation was really good at times..but not with SD..that was just again fanservice for the MCmeliodas....i can understand SD being weak as she was against them..since she didn't have graces but she could've taken it from mael if she wanted right?...why didn't she..

so moving forward..we have dahlia,dubs, hawk and wild somewhere in brittania ..or did the latter two return to purgatory again..no idea..

We have no idea why arthur turned and whats up with the CoED

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
how the fk did king start to respect this guy the most..
This was clarified not so long ago on the forum, that fact was a misunderstood of the fandom with the ambiguous translation of the books. The FK that King respects the most is Gloxinia, not Dahlia.
Even in the movie King says he doesn't know anything about Dahlia 'cause this one dissapeared when he was born. You can't respect someone which story you don't even know on the first place. King always meant Gloxinia since King says on the movie that he wants to be worthy of the throne of the first fairy king.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Can you do the translation of the Mael parts.
I'll just do the flashback part since 194 is about Mael going to warn people.
195:
"Invade the surface and eliminate the Seven Deadly Sins and the ones siding with them."
This is our new mission?

You've just woken from your seal so you don't know anything about that yet.
The Seven Deadly Sins are not our enemies, I and them...

...wait,

How do you know about them...?
Who told you?

Im... impossible...

196:
You are...!!

197:
How ironic fate can be...
If only I woke from my seal at the same time as the Demon King did...

But whatever... Mael... I will give a new chance to you who lost your way.

You will come with us and deliver a bloody blow on the evildoers.

...what is your answer?

...what a foolish choice you just made...
It is very regretable that even the last Archange is lost to us...

Last edited:

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
So Mael chose to go against the Supreme Deity.. mhm, that's interesting, at least that's some development towards their relationship.

Would've been nice to see her comment on the whole Gowther plot that made her clan commit suicide, but whatever.

What interests me the most is how the Supreme Deity wished she woke up when the Demon King possessed his children. Does that mean she would've helped him? Since you know, killing him or letting him die just releases Chaos and ruins their plan to perpetuate a holy war.

@FKS which lines are the SD's. Is 197 all of hers?

Jason-Smithy-The-Cobbler

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm starting to doubt the judgment of those who have problems with awakened Mael :hmm
@Samael Morningstar , @Shadowlord123 , @OtakuFreak , @Demonspeed

Maybe it's a bit hard to understand his heart, but I don't expect anything else from someone who has been killing demons and angels (Sar and Tar included) for thousands of years, and is now full of regrets because of it. He was even shown tending to their graves seconds before those angels appeared.

We also don't know what exactly happened at the Celestial Realm in this movie. They gave Mael a NEW MISSION, and the next time we saw Mael, he was trying to inform his allies about the upcoming disaster while dodging their attacks.

Was he caught by surprise or something?

Was he short of time so he couldn't waste any second fighting other angels even using non-lethal techniques?

Was those angels powered up by SD? I MEAN DAHLIA ONE SHOTTED BARUJA, didn't he?

Aside from these attempts to force meaning into the movie, how can you explain HKs' powerlessness against Giant/Fairy united army when they were completely OK against angels.
By the common powerscaling logics, we can come up with conclusions like Mel is stronger than Mel, Zel is weaker than Zel, and so on. Just compare Mel/Zel vs Dahila/Dubs with Mel/Zel vs SD. So I personally never try to think about power levels unless they are fully tied to the plot.

No offense, but here's a nice challenges for powerscalers:

In some species, newborn spiders eat their mother the moment they hatch from their egg!
Female spiders are also famous for eating the males in many species. By powerscaling logics, female kills the male and the newborn baby kills the female. Who is steonger? Who is weaker? LET'S GOOOOO!
octopuses literally become suicidal after losing their virginity. Powerscaling nature is a bigger hellscape than fiction