Voting Round 1 - Nanatsu no Taizai vs. Dr. Stone | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Nanatsu no Taizai vs. Dr. Stone

Who Wins?

• Nanatsu no Taizai

• Dr. Stone

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Stone has potential but it's too new. Why should it be better to vote for it for that reason? Potential is different from quality. Plenty of series with potential ended up becoming disappointing.

Frankly, if you wanted to nominate a new manga you should have nominated Kimetsu, which has more chapters but I bet you don't read it. So, read it :cookiehand.

So, you have not read everything and even skipped chapters :heh. Frankly I was not bothered by this scene though I imagine it can be very painful if you are a King fan. I could talk more about this scene but I don't think it's worth it right now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What?
Yup.I liked both.

You know liking a particular thing is always subjective.

Especially the science facts quite interest me there.

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
LOL, if you were really a fan of the series you would know that Bel reads it. She probably likes it more than you :lmao.
So it's written in the manga that Bel reads it?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Stone has potential but it's too new. Why should it be better to vote for it for that reason? Potential is different from quality. Plenty of series with potential ended up becoming disappointing.

Frankly, if you wanted to nominate a new manga you should have nominated Kimetsu, which has more chapters but I bet you don't read it. So, read it :cookiehand.

What?

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I vote for Dr. Stone, it's an interesting story, I'm reading since 1st chap. NNT I'm just reading for fun, story isn't even interesting.

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
I vote for Dr. Stone, it's an interesting story, I'm reading since 1st chap. NNT I'm just reading for fun, story isn't even interesting.
NNT is interesting , but way less than Dr Stone, we can agree on that :gent
Right @Demonspeed ? :kappa

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
NNT is interesting , but way less than Dr Stone, we can agree on that :gent
Right @Demonspeed ? :kappa
I personally found the first chapters of NNT more entertaining. Dr Stone has 29 chapters. In NNT it corresponds to the middle of the CoD arc and there was Ban Gaiden. Dr Stone is good but it picked up after Senkuu joined Kohaku and Chrome who are way better than his two other friends.

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
I personally found the first chapters of NNT more entertaining. Dr Stone has 29 chapters. In NNT it corresponds to the middle of the CoD arc and there was Ban Gaiden. Dr Stone is good but it picked up after Senkuu joined Kohaku and Chrome who are way better than his two other friends.
Which arc ?:notsure
Yep, you're right, NNT had decent chapters in the beginning, but it only dropped down after it..:invalid
Well, Taiju and Yuzuhira are his first friends in this new world, so he wouldn't "abandon" them, he's counting on them to find more allies:nod

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Which arc ?:notsure
Yep, you're right, NNT had decent chapters in the beginning, but it only dropped down after it..:invalid
Well, Taiju and Yuzuhira are his first friends in this new world, so he wouldn't "abandon" them, he's counting on them to find more allies:nod
Nah, NNT is still very good. By CoD I meant Capital of the Dead.

Taiju is annoying, Yuzuriha is fine by herself but their dynamic with Senkuu is boring. I am glad they left.

Still don't see how it can be considered better than NNT right now.

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Nah, NNT is still very good. By CoD I meant Capital of the Dead.

Taiju is annoying, Yuzuriha is fine by herself but their dynamic with Senkuu is boring. I am glad they left.

Still don't see how it can be considered better than NNT right now.
Well, in NNT you know the ending so perfectly you don't wanna read it, and in Stone, you can't help but make theories about what'll happen next :sky

Taiju annoying? Yuzuhira fine by herself ?

As it isn't an unrealistic manga , you might not be pleased:teehee
But one of Stone's strong points is it's realism , you won't find geniuses or Hercules everywhere, you won't find any big-breasted goddesses in a jungle.. that's true, even though you need at least one exceptonnal thing to obtain a beginning (E=MC2) , especially in a good manga (like the strongest sorcerer on Earth, or some demon sealed by angels which make a cliché story ) :hmph

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, in NNT you know the ending so perfectly you don't wanna read it, and in Stone, you can't help but make theories about what'll happen next :sky

Taiju annoying? Yuzuhira fine by herself ?

As it isn't an unrealistic manga , you might not be pleased:teehee
But one of Stone's strong points is it's realism , you won't find geniuses or Hercules everywhere, you won't find any big-breasted goddesses in a jungle.. that's true, even though you need at least one exceptonnal thing to obtain a beginning (E=MC2) , especially in a good manga (like the strongest sorcerer on Earth, or some demon sealed by angels which make a cliché story ) :hmph
Realism? NNT is set in a world where magic and fantastic races existed. It's not supposed to be realistic, most battle shonens are like that. One thing I am sure in NNT is that it'll be a happy ending. I know Luffy will become the Pirate King and knew Naruto would become Hokage. I know Senkuu will solve the mystery as well. For NNT, even though I can already see how things will end for certain characters like King and Diane, certain elements are still complicated for several others. Plus a sequel with Arthur as MC has already been confirmed.

Dr Stone uses science to explain several things but several elements are unrealistic and have no explanations so far. Taiju is superhuman for some reason, same for Tsukasa. And we have a girl like Kohaku who is by far the strongest of her village, with more physical strength than males. How is it realistic? :heh

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Realism? NNT is set in a world where magic and fantastic races existed. It's not supposed to be realistic, most battle shonens are like that. One thing I am sure in NNT is that it'll be a happy ending. I know Luffy will become the Pirate King and knew Naruto would become Hokage. I know Senkuu will solve the mystery as well. For NNT, even though I can already see how things will end for certain characters like King and Diane, certain elements are still complicated for several others. Plus a sequel with Arthur as MC has already been confirmed.

Dr Stone uses science to explain several things but several elements are unrealistic and have no explanations so far. Taiju is superhuman for some reason, same for Tsukasa. And we have a girl like Kohaku who is by far the strongest of her village, with more physical strength than males. How is it realistic? :heh
So you're saying girls are weaker than men ?

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Have you tried reading Dr Stone , Bel ?:pout
I have and I love it Darky I really do, but I agree that it needs a bit more substance to really compete. It's a relatively new manga so I don't doubt we'll see some of that potential very soon. But for now I'm currently catching up with NnT and I'm really loving it. The fights especially are great. It's not the deepest manga and maybe not as educational as Stone, but for me the entertainment factor leans more towards NnT. Plus my growing love for Escanor and Estarossa dictates my loyalty. I'm sorry :XD

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So you're saying girls are weaker than men ?
No. A woman can beat a man in combat. There are different factors, but men are physically stronger than women in general, that's what science taught me :edu. Athletic performances all over the world show this too.

You can beat someone because you have a better technique etc. But Kohaku surpasses her peers not only in terms of technique, she is much stronger physically. To an unrealistic degree. And It's not like the men of her village were not fit, there is no ki or aura in this to balance these kind of things as well. She is just that strong.

Funny how you ignored what I said about Taiju and Tsukasa to say this :heh.

Last edited:

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
No. A woman can beat a man in combat. There are different factors, but men are physically stronger than women in general, that's what science taught me :edu. Athletic performances all over the world show this too.

You can beat someone because you have a better technique etc. But Kohaku surpasses her peers not only in terms of technique, she is much stronger physically. To an unrealistic degree. And It's not like the men of her village were not fit, there is no ki or aura in this to balance these kind of things as well. She is just that strong.

Funny how you ignored what I said about Taiju and Tsukasa to say this :heh.
It would simply lead us to a loop :heh
Where i would be the rightful*:kappa

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Darky is the one who nominated Dr Stone, right? He was my opponent in the WW too.

Nanatsu no Taizai is a battle shonen with magic, monsters, knights etc. Medieval Fantasy basically. The story begins with Elizabeth, the main heroine and princess of a kingdom looking for the help of the Seven Deadly Sins. Seven overpowered knights, ''reformed criminals'' accused of being traitors. They are separated and Elizabeth wants their help because she noticed her kingdom is in danger. She meets their captain and main character Meliodas, his pig Hawk and they decide to travel together to find the other Sins and help her.

A generic premise, but what matters the most is the execution of course. I personally don't find the art exceptionally good and there are clichés here and there but it has quite the twists as well(and it gets better and better). Its biggest strengths IMO are its characters and the action scenes. The Sins are at the core and each of them have detailed backstories, we progressively learn more about them and they all get Gaiden chapters where their past and Sins are the highlights. You might find some more of less interesting than the others but there is no way you won't get attached to a few or at least one of them.

Then there are the action scenes. The battle choreographies are amazing, among the best I have ever seen(best for me ATM followed by OPM), with various fighting styles etc.

A few pages taken from this thread:

Nakaba is a huge Dragon Ball fan and it's easy to notice it, they are similar. The manga has its flaws but it's very entertaining. There is a lot of romance as well. It's currently the best selling manga in WSM and it was the case before the end of Fairy Tail too. It surpassed the latter long ago and is better in every way excepted art I guess :hip.

Vote for Nanatsu no Taizai :).
Yes, yes... your post is fine and all, but you would have achieved the same impact - if not more - by simply posting this picture:

Please forgive me, Darky.
._.

senjuclan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

lady elizabeth for sure lol

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Frankly I was not bothered by this scene though I imagine it can be very painful if you are a King fan
He's alright. The only one that is painful to see is Ban :feelsbadman

At least Gowther looks like he's doing okay, I liked him. Well I had good impressions of most of the cast in NnT (which is why I thought it'd be good to read), apart from the pig.

Phileos

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I vote for Nanatsu no Taizai. Got to admit dr. stone is an interesting story tho. Maybe I'll wait till it has more chapters come out.

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes, yes... your post is fine and all, but you would have achieved the same impact - if not more - by simply posting this picture:

Please forgive me, Darky.
._.
I guess I can begin to make a list too now '-'

Reactions: syx
Status
Not open for further replies.