Discussion - Natsu Dragneel/E.N.D Thread | Page 36 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

What is your favorite Natsu's spell/ability?

• Fire Dragon's Claw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire Dragon's Iron Fist

• Fire Dragon's Wing Attack

• Fire Dragon's Sword Horn

• Fire Dragon's Flame Elbow

• Fire Dragon's Crushing Fang

• Fire Dragon's Grip Strike

• Fire Dragon's Roasting Bath

• Dragon God's Brilliant Flame

• Planetary Flames: Exploding Flame Blade

• Lightning Fire Dragon Mode

• Lightning Fire Dragon's Iron Fist

• Lightning Fire Dragon's Firing Hammer

• Black Fire Dragon Mode

• Exploding Flame Blade of Darkness

• Transformation Magic

• Thought Projection

• Durability & Endurance

• Melee Combat Skills

• Other (mention in the comment)

• Total voters

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mashima when he did the QnA
¯ \_(ツ)_/¯ E.N.D POWER!
Well makes more sense than brute force considering he hasn't shown that strength anytime after.

Hax is based on MP. Natsu hasn't shown to have the MP during Alvarez to bypass it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's also switch the words, if he would've said "Natsu is that strong" and then proceeded that with "Natsu power," it would be the #1 piece of evidence as to why Natsu >>>

MangerDan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well makes more sense than brute force considering he hasn't shown that strength anytime after.

Hax is based on MP. Natsu hasn't shown to have the MP during Alvarez to bypass it.
What’s your take on Brandish’s magic not working on Neinhart?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What’s your take on Brandish’s magic not working on Neinhart?
When boosted by Irene, his MP was far greater than hers.

Remember, MP =/= Strength.

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
When boosted by Irene, his MP was far greater than hers.

Remember, MP =/= Strength.
So her magic didn’t work because he had more MP aka he was stronger then her aka he had more power.
Why does E.N.D need some random special power to walk in Dimaria’s age seal?

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So her magic didn’t work because he had more MP aka he was stronger then her aka he had more power.
Why does E.N.D need some random special power to walk in Dimaria’s age seal?
MP =/= Strength

Because that's how Mashima wrote it

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Some fanboys are going to cry when natsu completely dogwalks vierness, most probably Erza fans. Well I don't know if hiro-sensei will do his usual nerf but if natsu dogwalks vierness it's over for Erza fans and the eternal copuim they're on. I just hope Hiro won't nerf vierness

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Interesting thought I just had. Viernes is supposedly a concept. A being that both exists and doesn't exist. Could his nature signal the return of Natsu's thought projection ability, maybe to fight him in whatever "world" he resides?

It'd certainly be better than it remaining a one-time gimmick

Anime VORTEX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Interesting thought I just had. Viernes is supposedly a concept. A being that both exists and doesn't exist. Could his nature signal the return of Natsu's thought projection ability, maybe to fight him in whatever "world" he resides?

It'd certainly be better than it remaining a one-time gimmick
I think Viernes is a dragon that is born when multiple powerful metal dragon merge into a single dragon and that is why he is a concept

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
I think Viernes is a dragon that is born when multiple powerful metal dragon merge into a single dragon and that is why he is a concept
That'd actually be pretty cool. Although besides the DG's, there aren't anymore dragons it seems

Last edited:

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
That'd actually be pretty cool. Although besides the DG's, there aren't anymore dragons it seems
At least that we know of

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

Aaah inject that shit into me...... natsu is just so fucking crazy man especially when he goes nuts. Once he starts giving dragon demon END type aura it's game over 😭. Fucking hell
Natsu fans don't worry we will eat good very soon. Patience after all Hiro is natsu's biggest fan.
I remember telling one fan that natsu ain't human and the person got triggered lmao 🤣 😂
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I saw this scan in my collection and my hope for natsu vs ignia being 7/10 has increased
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Sometimes I wonder if mashima is trolling. He remembers stuff like this or maybe he doesn't or maybe ueda-sensei is the one that remembers who knows he might have read fairy tail

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
You are so passionate about Natsu enough to read 8 years posts about him in this section.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
You are so passionate about Natsu enough to read 8 years posts about him in this section.
Of course. He's my favorite character in the whole of anime. He's just the best 😁. Aren't you also a natsu fanboy?

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Of course. He's my favorite character in the whole of anime. He's just the best 😁. Aren't you also a natsu fangirl ?
Not even close compared to you.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Not even close compared to you.
What do you like about natsu the most. For me I just like that very strong MC and he's fucking badass even with some of his speeches

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
What do you like about natsu the most. For me I just like that very strong MC and he's fucking badass even with some of his speeches
Mashima destroyed that character. Countless chapters with little to no development.

I like his explosiveness, magic element, and design. thats it. I used to defend him a lot because back then Natsu haters were swarming the forums like cancer. Now honestly i don't give a flying fuck about anything anymore. I didn't read this manga for the past 6 months or so.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Mashima destroyed that character. Countless chapters with little to no development.

I like his explosiveness, magic element, and design. thats it. I used to defend him a lot because back then Natsu haters were swarming the forums like cancer. Now honestly i don't give a flying fuck about anything anymore. I didn't read this manga for the past 6 months or so.
Wow. Mehn I don't really care about character development. I don't understand that thing. I just like very very strong MC. It's normal for natsu to have haters

Pablinski

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bolivia

That was the big problem in this matter.

Just like you, several got tired of the treatment that Natsu receives from Mashima, not giving him a better development, always making him look like a fool who doesn't think and doesn't know several things, we know that part of Natsu's character is to be funny and his great charisma, but Mashima goes overboard with the comedy in character.

In the most recent podcast that Mashima made on his Twitter, he said that he forgets what happens on FT, for the same reason I think that Mashima forgot that he gave Natsu very good moments in this sequel (in the fight against Aldoron and the sky beta thing for example).

Natsu is one of my favorite characters in the series, but I feel that Mashima doesn't give him the seriousness at the right time, in fights he generally makes him look much more mature and intelligent than in other situations, but that's it.

And no less important, I was really sorry to see how Mashima wasted the whole E.N.D. thing, I'm not a Mangaka or anything, but I humbly think that this situation would have been used much better for Natsu's own growth and in this sequel for the confrontation against ignia.

Anyway, we are only in the middle of the sequel according to Mashima, I still have some hope for the author to give his MC a good growth and a good conclusion.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
That was the big problem in this matter.

Just like you, several got tired of the treatment that Natsu receives from Mashima, not giving him a better development, always making him look like a fool who doesn't think and doesn't know several things, we know that part of Natsu's character is to be funny and his great charisma, but Mashima goes overboard with the comedy in character.

In the most recent podcast that Mashima made on his Twitter, he said that he forgets what happens on FT, for the same reason I think that Mashima forgot that he gave Natsu very good moments in this sequel (in the fight against Aldoron and the sky beta thing for example).

Natsu is one of my favorite characters in the series, but I feel that Mashima doesn't give him the seriousness at the right time, in fights he generally makes him look much more mature and intelligent than in other situations, but that's it.

And no less important, I was really sorry to see how Mashima wasted the whole E.N.D. thing, I'm not a Mangaka or anything, but I humbly think that this situation would have been used much better for Natsu's own growth and in this sequel for the confrontation against ignia.

Anyway, we are only in the middle of the sequel according to Mashima, I still have some hope for the author to give his MC a good growth and a good conclusion.
To be fair, None of the main character cast have any significant development, Besides the power development and the fact that pretty much everyone developed romantic aspects to their character but Natsu. All of them still living with their default character settings.

You know when the main manga ended, Mashima did an interview and said Natsu is a well developed character which i find very weird, It seems to me that he doesn't know anything about his manga, And i think that Mashima let his editors write fairy tail story for the most part and he did poor job reviewing it. He always complained about too much work and many projects so i can see him totally unaware of how terrible his manga is when it kept its popularity.

Tartarous arc was written with a co mangaka and he just did the drawing if i remember correctly. You can see how Mashima changed the END plot in the last arc then literally brushed it off lol.

Garmadooon

Reaction score
Country
France
I've said it and I'll say it again, END is the biggest mess that could have shaped Natsu's development. Like when he saw Lucy dead I expected there to be a very serious fight against a bloodlusted Zeref. In the end END didn't even have 20% of his power + he had a draw against Gray + stopped by Queen Nakama.